• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
Hey 8bit, you heard the new Calvin Harris track yet? It's a lil' bit of a choon like, I reckon it'll sizzle your bacon:

Calvin Harris - Slow Acid

Reminds me of late 90's acid house/techno ala Fluke, The Crystal Method, F.S.O.L, etc. That "woo!" vocal sample might as well be a timestamp.

Haven't yet! Will do so soon! I was listening to Fluke yesterday, then Underworld and by the time I was getting off the tram I was like this:

112LY

Reknoc

all this space jam talk made me want to watch it but its not on netflix :( spaceballs is though, so I'm watching that instead.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
G5STuOj.gif

You haven't seen that 90's classic about Michael Jordan and Looney Tunes characters playing basketball against aliens???

Emma says I have but I don't remember it. I remember the R Kelly song, does that count?

The video is good though!

I think it's about time I deconstructed the mindset of a Gen X filmmaker by watching one of his movies. AKA, Dogma is on Film4 right now.

I thought you were talking about Lars Von Trier. But you're not. Dogma is fun. Dogme not so much!!

--

OK W101 is making more sense now. I had to watch a couple of youtube vids but me likey, it's completely my kind of game. These kind of games were on the PS3, weren't they? I hope there's stuff like this on the PS4 soon. Destiny seems so pale (colour wise) now. Not that it makes it less addictive. But Knack and the rest seem even more crappy now.

Do any of BritGAF have any raid plans tomorrow evening? Or are you all going out and (ugh) 'having lives'?

Danj

Do any of BritGAF have any raid plans tomorrow evening? Or are you all going out and (ugh) 'having lives'?

I just finished the story content in Destiny yesterday evening (at least I think I did? there was a scene with the Speaker giving a speech and the Stranger saying it was a day for speeches and medals, and I got a new gun) so I guess I should start looking at this sort of thing? I'm probably a bit too low level yet though, only level 24, so if anyone has suggestions for how I can get better gear let me know.

EDIT: I'm on PS4, my PSN name is danj2k if anyone wants to add me. Here's my Destiny character.

Congrats on the babbies.

Has anyone ever seen the old cliche of twins with similar names in real life? Obviously the matching clothes thing is a stretch, but I figure the similar names (Sam/Samantha, etc) can't be too out there.

We’re already disagreeing on names. I suggested Mario and Luigi or Daisy and Peach (or a combination if it’s a boy and a girl) but she vetoed that straight away. Luke and Leia are out and Sky and Walker. I suggested Joel and Ellie and she seemed to consider it.

Our surname is Gunn so I suggested Tommy and Ray but she ‘doesn’t want our children being a joke’. Either way I’m gonna have them call me ‘Pop’.

If anyone is up for daytime raiding on Destiny PS4, my PSN is Sewious_Duck. I don’t get much evening time free but have a lot of days free. 27 Hunter.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They're called Mario twins. They look so God damn like the same person. I would say to them "You want ice cream cone?" Both of them say yes.

Qasiel

I'll be on Destiny at work later on tonight, say around 9pm? Feel free to add me and we can dance 'til sunrise if you'd like!

PSN: CaptQasiel

(Lvl 25 Warlock)

Qasiel

Got any recommendations on how a lowly level 24 can get better gear?
Do strikes and pray to RNGesus. Crucible is too hit and miss, and although the reward engram might not be what you want, you've got a lot of enemies to kill and have them drop stuff.
If Crucible is more your thing, however, pick one of the factions (Future War Cult, New Monarchy or Dead Orbit), wear their class item in matches (or during missions) to get reputation. Then, once you have enough reputation and Crucible Marks, you can buy legendary gear off their vendors.

Got any recommendations on how a lowly level 24 can get better gear?

Grind rep and marks by doing strikes/bounties and buy gear from your class trainer. You might get lucky on drops in the strikes too. Keep an eye out for exotic bounties and look up what the reward is for each one offered before accepting; that's how I got my Bad Juju rifle.

Got some epics by doing queens kill orders too but they've finished now I think.

Also, upgrade any epics/exotics you get. It will put your level up slightly.

I bought the raspberry from the weekend vendor and that had loads of light on it, put me up an entire level.

Basically, just grind grind grind.

I'll be on Destiny at work later on tonight, say around 9pm? Feel free to add me and we can dance 'til sunrise if you'd like!

PSN: CaptQasiel

(Lvl 25 Warlock)

I'll add you later, cheers.

I'm at work all day today and visiting family tomorrow. But I'll be free all day Monday and Tuesday to raid/nightfall/weekly heroic. Providing I can tear myself away from Shadow Of Mordor of course.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cool! I will add you all when I next go on the PS4 :)

I'm a level 29 Warlock (nearly getting onto level 30, just need one more piece of raid armour and a little (!) bit of grinding).

I'm happy to help y'all (SECRET AMERICAN) grind up, do the raid, whatever.

I'd probably say you need to be 26 as a minimum to raid and the higher the better, obviously.

I have some time this evening for raiding, I was going to try the hard mode raid but you need to be level 29+ really I guess.

Either way, let's be friends. What's the worst that can happen?

Cool! I will add you all when I next go on the PS4 :)

I'm a level 29 Warlock (nearly getting onto level 30, just need one more piece of raid armour and a little (!) bit of grinding).

I'm happy to help y'all (SECRET AMERICAN) grind up, do the raid, whatever.

I'd probably say you need to be 26 as a minimum to raid and the higher the better, obviously.

I have some time this evening for raiding, I was going to try the hard mode raid but you need to be level 29+ really I guess.

Either way, let's be friends. What's the worst that can happen?

Is there a BritGAF Destiny group chat on PSN to arrange raids and groups etc? If so, invite me. What weapons is the weekly vendor selling?

Anyone been watching the new season of never mind the buzzcocks? Rhod Gilbert has taken over as permanent host and he's actually really good at it.

I tried watching the first episode but stopped 2/3rds the way through. The show was unfunny and very tired (not necessarily Rhod Gilbert's fault but rather Phill Jupitus and Noel Fielding who seem like they just turn up for the pay cheque)

Have I Got News for You on the other hand manages to remain funny.

I tried watching the first episode but stopped 2/3rds the way through. The show was unfunny and very tired (not necessarily Rhod Gilbert's fault but rather Phill Jupitus and Noel Fielding who seem like they just turn up for the pay cheque)

Have I Got News for You on the other hand manages to remain funny.

Relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2z-AdzgKjY

I know what you mean about Phil Jupitus and Noel Fielding but both of them fill similar slots as their counterparts on HIGNFY; one knows their shit and the other says weird cooky things. Still, I find Rhod Gilbert (who's stand up I find a bit mediocre) a really good fit for the show.

I like Buzzcocks and Rhod G.

Daps , do you want to join my hard mode raid posse in about 3 hours?

Can do. I'm Level 29.

I am slightly fatigued though so if you plan to go all the way to the end I might not make it.

Do you know if a Hard Raid gives loot if you beat it on normal the same week?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Can do. I'm Level 29.

I am slightly fatigued though so if you plan to go all the way to the end I might not make it.

Do you know if a Hard Raid gives loot if you beat it on normal the same week?

That's alright. I'm not sure how bad it'll be. We did the normal one earlier this week and it took about an hour and a half. I'm giving myself a roughly three hour deadline!

Yes, it does, although I think some of the chests don't.

That's alright. I'm not sure how bad it'll be. We did the normal one earlier this week and it took about an hour and a half. I'm giving myself a roughly three hour deadline!

Yes, it does, although I think some of the chests don't.

Coolio

Shoot me a message when you're ready

Qasiel

Cheers for the add, Sploat!

I'll add you later, cheers.

I'm at work all day today and visiting family tomorrow. But I'll be free all day Monday and Tuesday to raid/nightfall/weekly heroic. Providing I can tear myself away from Shadow Of Mordor of course.

Awesome, I'm off Mon-Thu so I'll be free for some daytime action!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cheers for the add, Sploat!

Awesome, I'm off Mon-Thu so I'll be free for some daytime action!

No probs! Feel free to say hello if I'm online.

And britdestinygaf be warned. Hard mode raid is called hard for a reason. It's because it's hard.

Danj

Sorry to go a bit off topic in the middle of the Destiny discussion, but does anyone know if the UK government has any kind of funding programme for home security, like they do for improving your boiler or installing solar panels or whatever?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
May have just done 10 hours of Destiny.

My eyes feel like they're about to fall out.

Welcome to the crack house. I'm taking a day off today, I can already feel the addiction again. I am never never ever playing World of Warcraft. Ever. Ever. Ever.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So today I went to a preview of the Science Museum's new gallery. Shame the thing I semi helped with never materialised so basically there's a giant space where it would have gone. Since I was taking around the blind chap I was assisting for all those meetings I had to go around at his pace so I'll probably go back again in the future to have a better look.

The leaflet they handed me as I went in actually requested that one didn't post photos of the gallery before the official opening. Lucky for them I read that and for the fact my phone was dead.

The_Poet

Banned
Been listening to the hardcore history podcast. Specifically the episodes about Genghis Khan and the Mongols.

They would eat raw pig intestines by squeezing out the shit like a tube of toothpaste as they chewed on it. Fucking crazy shit.

jimbor

Banned
Been listening to the hardcore history podcast. Specifically the episodes about Genghis Khan and the Mongols.

They would eat raw pig intestines by squeezing out the shit like a tube of toothpaste as they chewed on it. Fucking crazy shit.

They're great, I listened to the Khan ones when I was in Asia a few years back. Currently listening to the blueprint for armageddon episodes, about WW1.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That one story about one guy's epic (I'm using that word correctly here) endeavour to scam a small country's worth of ISK out of 5 dudes, including actual IRL chase scenes, was the best EVE thing I ever read. Well worth the long read.
I remember this. Great stuff, social engineering and breaking bad esque hijinks in MMOs are always interesting to read about. I'd much rather be a spectator to them too than grind away days and days of time I don't have just for the small chance at being a minor participant.

Rktk

Sorry to go a bit off topic in the middle of the Destiny discussion, but does anyone know if the UK government has any kind of funding programme for home security, like they do for improving your boiler or installing solar panels or whatever?

Not a thing. It might make home insurance cheaper, government incentivizing home security doesn't make sense like energy subsidies do.

The_Poet

Banned
As a person of sound mind and not at all swung by conspiracy theories I can state with confidence that Hurricane Speedy Gonzalez is part of a SNP plot to pick up Ebola victims and spread their germs across the country in a last ditch effort to separate themselves from the UK.

You have all been warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom