• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Milk is one reason I'd not want to move to certain countries. Sweden would be fine, lovely milk there. South Korea and Japan on the other hand are awful.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Part of my dream last night included seeing this thread locked. What a nightmare.
I had a dream last night where I met Seth MacFarlane doing stand up in a Boston bar. Complete with Peter Griffin voices and all. Then he took me around the writing staff for both of his shows and let me do a guest cutaway for Family Guy.

Yeah, if you can tell from my dreams, I enjoy his shows.

Mikeside

glad I didn't go to the London meet then. Sounds internet levels of intensity.

I'm shocked London didn't have a dramaquake.

The meet was fun, Evilore seemed normal and pretty cool (and I say that as somebody who wasn't expecting to like him)

Not sure where this drama came from.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The meet was fun, Evilore seemed normal and pretty cool (and I say that as somebody who wasn't expecting to like him)

Not sure where this drama came from.

I concur entirely.

That was my first meet and I don't recall there being any tension (outside of my pants when standing close to Mike).

For ze brief amount of time that I spoke with him, Evilore came across as a decent, down to earth guy.

AcridMeat

Banned
I have nothing buttlove for shorty_symd.

By the way Ninj needs to wear this avatar for Halloween.
rxMtjwF.png

NinjaBoiX

I already have a Halloween avy, been rocking it for about a week. It's quite subtle...
I have nothing buttlove for shorty_symd.

By the way Ninj needs to wear this avatar for Halloween.
rxMtjwF.png
Oh god, why can't I smile like a real life boy? What's with the "send help eyes"*?

*dapperbandit™

lewisgone

I never thought to check if there was a BritGAF...hi everyone. Out of the country right now but for all the complaining I did I'm missing it quite a bit. Looking forward to coming home in a few weeks. So do I fill out this form....?

When is your birthday: 17th August. I'm 19. Is everyone here older than me? If it's too weird I can leave and we can pretend this never happened, it's ok.
Where do you live: Portsmouth area. Reading next year (Uni)
Where are you from: Born in Toronto, Canada. moved here when I was one year old though so it isn't a big deal.
What do you do: Right now, not very much. On a gap year, just finished my job here before I move back to the UK. Hopefully I'll get another one back at home or I'll be pretty bored.
What is your quest:To get good at something, someday, maybe.
Favourite actor/actress: Bill Murray/Emma Watson
Favourite band/artist: Johnny Cash
Favourite TV show: This is too hard. Right now I guess Game of Thrones.
Favourite crisps: Pringles original
Favourite biscuit: Fox's (I think) biscuits, the crumbly ones....I think there was an advert once where a panda on a chair ate them and talked about how good they were?
Least favourite Pokémon: Jynx
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalactite
How do you cut your sandwiches: Diagonally, I guess? I usually don't cut them.

Skele7on

Banned
Today I saw two cyclists nearly collide, after that the woman lost her shit,
Screaming, crying, the works, she was the one that nearly caused it too
but nah she just lost it and this guy blaming him, he just laughed at her and cycled off.

I never thought to check if there was a BritGAF...hi everyone. Out of the country right now but for all the complaining I did I'm missing it quite a bit. Looking forward to coming home in a few weeks. So do I fill out this form....?

When is your birthday: 17th August. I'm 19. Is everyone here older than me? If it's too weird I can leave and we can pretend this never happened, it's ok.
Where are you from: Born in Toronto, Canada. moved here when I was one year old though so it isn't a big deal.
What do you do: Right now, not very much. On a gap year, just finished my job here before I move back to the UK. Hopefully I'll get another one back at home or I'll be pretty bored.
Favourite biscuit: Fox's (I think) biscuits, the crumbly ones....I think there was an advert once where a panda on a chair ate them and talked about how good they were?

Welcome! I'm pretty sure we've had younger than you in here, we're a mixed bag of ages so don't sweat it.

Mikeside

Reading? That be my neck of the woods
Welcome!

Also tash, quiche and a few others are your age or younger

Seems like Tim Cook that apple guy came out as being Gay today.

I don't get why it's a thing, Should I have some form of press conference as I'm left handed?
helps/encourages others that being gay isn't an anomaly, anything to be afraid of or impedes your potential for success. whilst it is 'nobody's business', it can help those that feel alienated.

Skele7on

Banned
What did you do?

Posted a bunch in the Tim Cook thread, didn't get received well at all.

helps/encourages others that being gay isn't an anomaly, anything to be afraid of or impedes your potential for success. whilst it is 'nobody's business', it can help those that feel alienated.

I guess it could help, but I just don't get why a person would feel alienated just because of their sexual preference, people should own who they are, not let it be a ball and chain.

I must always remember I am posting in a US dominated forum and that people in the states are quite frankly all kinds of sensitive.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nah, it has little to do with sensitivity. What you posted was just an extremely ignorant thing to say.

I just don't get why a person would feel alienated just because of their sexual preference, people should own who they are, not let it be a ball and chain.
Get some perspective and more experience in the world and perhaps empathy will follow. Trivializing coming out to "lol just own it stop dragging yourself down" is ridiculous.

NinjaBoiX

Nice one Musha!

Yo Mikeside, have you heard the extended edition of Pure Heroine yet? Some of the bonus tracks are right good like:

Lorde - Biting Down

- Those drums, good lord...

Lorde - Million Dollar Bills

- Primo slice of pop, love the glitchy vocals

Lorde - Bravado

- Really nice burbling bassline and sombre backing vocals

Ninja how dare you post pictures of women online.
It's really weird when peeps dig through your post history. I hate Internet detective stuff like that.

Skele7on

Banned
Nice one Musha!

Yo Mikeside, have you heard the extended edition of Pure Heroine yet? Some of the bonus tracks are right good like:

Lorde - Biting Down

- Those drums, good lord...

Lorde - Million Dollar Bills

- Primo slice of pop, love the glitchy vocals

Lorde - Bravado

- Really nice burbling bassline and sombre backing vocals

It's really weird when peeps dig through your post history. I hate Internet detective stuff like that.

Well I just think it's weird especially with the context of the whole thread is essentially it's okay to be you, then someone almost takes your history to use it as some form of insult to you for being straight? Only on NeoGAF

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Well I just think it's weird especially with the context of the whole thread is essentially it's okay to be you, then someone almost takes your history to use it as some form of insult to you for being straight? Only on NeoGAF
It wasn't an insult for him being straight, it was a direct response to something he said. I don't advocate Internet detectives any more than you guys but it's a bit disingenuous to think that wasn't a relevant response given what Ninja said. You guys are disappointing me here because you're trying to make this out to be a "this is NeoGAF" moment. NeoGAF has a lot of issues but being supportive and sympathetic to gay rights is not one of them. Whining about gay people expressing their sexuality and pretending anecdotal evidence of them doing it more than straight people in a thread about a CEO coming out doesn't help anything. You're both better than this, but those posts really make you guys look really immature.

For quite possibly the first (and more probably the last) time ever, I'm totally with Jackben on this.

And now I feel dirty for saying that.

Son Of D

I'll be honest when I say that Tim Cook thread did make me feel uncomfortable at times with what people were posting. I was close to losing my temper and snapping at some people (admittedly even Skele7on and Ninjaboi) but I kept my cool and just moved on.

I did like Cyan's post though.

NinjaBoiX

Fair do's Son of D, I can admit my mistakes:

me from the Tim Cook thread said:
To be fair, I hold my hands up that my post about "gay people being more vocal about their sexuality than straight people" was misguided and probably heavily affected by selection bias.

A number of posts, particularly Mumei's, opened my eyes to how easily a heterosexual persuasion can be flaunted without even realising it.

But I still maintain that digging through past posts to prove a point makes me feel uneasy, as relevant as it was.

Internet detectives just creep me out.

I've seen that .gif so many times that it's ruined the original gag for me. Grandpa sticking his head back through the door to talk to Bart always surprises me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom