• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skele7on

Banned
I'll be honest when I say that Tim Cook thread did make me feel uncomfortable at times with what people were posting. I was close to losing my temper and snapping at some people (admittedly even Skele7on and Ninjaboi) but I kept my cool and just moved on.

I did like Cyan's post though.

Yeah sorry dude, I didn't mean to come across an ass, I guess I said things without thinking and I'm better than that.

Happy Halloweeeeeen! Can't wait to get out of work grab beers and junk food and play The Evil Within. Halloween party is tomorrow night yeaaaayaaaaa :D

Good morning and happy Halloween!

I'm going to a Dia de los Muertos celebration tonight with a live Mariachi band, also have a kick ass costume, will post pics later.

What's everyone else up to?

Edit: My costume is awesome, it's not Kick-ass

theaface

I'm going to a Dia de los Muertos celebration tonight with a live Mariachi band, also have a kick ass costume, will post pics later.

Happy Halloween to you too.

Dinner at the in-laws for me tonight. Considerably less exciting than your plans, that's for sure!

Mikeside

Ok I'm massively jealous. I love mariachi bands.

Though I'm going to a Halloween party hosted by my friend who's fucking all those uni girls so I'm thinking there'll be some great costumes on show at least

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Kinda forgot it was Halloween tonight so neglected to make any plans, and my friends in Aldershot are boring and don't do anything. Might go to the westy to see some meh-tul, but not really my scene.

NinjaBoiX

i missed my train because it arrived (and subsequently left) early. fucking fuck.
This is the worst shit. Like, if you're late you're late, not much you can do about it. But leaving a stop early? What's the point?

The 86 sometimes shows a full 5 minutes early on a morning so I miss it. Grinds my gears.

Haha, I was going to ask this. I thought you might've been going as Hit Girl.

Sounds like a fun night Mush, enjoy! I'm in Sunderland seeing the missus and buddies for the weekend, not sure how much Halloween shenanigans I'll be getting up to! I'm not really that fussed about it.

SKINNER!

Banned

Happy Halloween!

Got a formal dinner eventwith the girlfriend happening tonight so I'll be showing face and then heading off to a Halloween night at a club to party until 3am.

Happy Halloween to you too.

Dinner at the in-laws for me tonight. Considerably less exciting than your plans, that's for sure!

You could make it more interesting by dressing as a zombie and just sitting there groaning all night?

Ok I'm massively jealous. I love mariachi bands.

Though I'm going to a Halloween party hosted by my friend who's fucking all those uni girls so I'm thinking there'll be some great costumes on show at least

Kev? I think I was invited to that. You dressing up?

Kinda forgot it was Halloween tonight so neglected to make any plans, and my friends in Aldershot are boring and don't do anything. Might go to the westy to see some meh-tul, but not really my scene.

Stay in and watch scary movies and throw eggs from the window at any trick-or-treaters

Happy Halloween!

Got a formal dinner eventwith the girlfriend happening tonight so I'll be showing face and then heading off to a Halloween night at a club to party until 3am.

Cool sounds fun, you dressing up?

Son Of D

Yeah sorry dude, I didn't mean to come across an ass, I guess I said things without thinking and I'm better than that.

Happy Halloweeeeeen! Can't wait to get out of work grab beers and junk food and play The Evil Within. Halloween party is tomorrow night yeaaaayaaaaa :D

It's all good. Let's put this behind us and move on :D.

On the subject of Halloween, just sitting back here waiting for the blood to dry on the clothes and bat now. Might as well watch Shaun of the Dead whilst I wait to remember all the good quotes.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Got a costume?
Wanna come to a party?

Ellie has costumery about the place but I don't and I'm not doing the tinfoil robot again (surprisingly hot!). Very tempting, especially with the potential eye candy but I reckon we'll just fuck about at home. She was giving me the eye last night, I reckon I'm in there son. Thanks for the offer though brah.

edit: Netflix just got Under the Skin, Nebraska and Snowpiercer, think I'm set for the evening!

Mikeside

Ellie has costumery about the place but I don't and I'm not doing the tinfoil robot again (surprisingly hot!). Very tempting, especially with the potential eye candy but I reckon we'll just fuck about at home. She was giving me the eye last night, I reckon I'm in there son. Thanks for the offer though brah.

Pfft, loser.

Speaking of Ellie, does she sell any of her paintings?
Zahra loves the most recent one on fb and asked if any are for sale?

It's all good. Let's put this behind us and move on :D.

On the subject of Halloween, just sitting back here waiting for the blood to dry on the clothes and bat now. Might as well watch Shaun of the Dead whilst I wait to remember all the good quotes.

If you have one, take a record with you. Really adds to the costume.

Yep and yep. I'm going as a zombie survivor

So you're just ripping your clothes a bit and putting blood on you?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Pfft, loser.

Speaking of Ellie, does she sell any of her paintings?
Zahra loves the most recent one on fb and asked if any are for sale?

She does indeed, pretty cheap too since she prices them to move, I think that newie will be going for about £60. I think she might be putting it in for the Westy exhibition but if Z wants it then I can ask her to put it by and she can submit something else instead. Or if she wants, Z could even specify a colour scheme and Ellie could make something to order. She's fully in this mode of painting for a little while yet.

NinjaBoiX

Best costume:

B1MvK2oIIAEfbCJ.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Only plan for tonight is to lock the outer door. Did actually see a friend today for a spot of lunch so I'm not completely anti social.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm disappointed in your holiday plans "turn off the doorbell" people. Give a hoot, get creative! Put cooking oil all over your doorstep. Run an electric current through a car battery to the door handle. Re-wrap laxatives in different candy wrappers.
I am also going out to see Horns as well. Primed and Ready for Radcliffe.
Nice, tell me what you think of Horns. I've been thinking of seeing it.

I'm disappointed in your holiday plans "turn off the doorbell" people. Give a hoot, get creative! Put cooking oil all over your doorstep. Run an electric current through a car battery to the door handle. Re-wrap laxatives in different candy wrappers.

We can't all be cunts JB

Nice, tell me what you think of Horns. I've been thinking of seeing it.

I'll give you a long winded and in depth review Mark Kermode style

Reknoc

I'm disappointed in your holiday plans "turn off the doorbell" people. Give a hoot, get creative! Put cooking oil all over your doorstep. Run an electric current through a car battery to the door handle. Re-wrap laxatives in different candy wrappers.Nice, tell me what you think of Horns. I've been thinking of seeing it.

Trick or treaters are annoying but it's not like they're 2 inept thieves trying rob my house.

NinjaBoiX

Oh wow that's incredible.

By the way here's a Stwo remix of Banks. You'll find it knits your jumper.
Marvellous, could be the best one yet.

I'll see about listening mate, I'm waiting for the coach to Sunderland with a pretty flat battery because I plugged it in at home but didn't turn the socket on...

:/

Hopefully the coach has a socket so I can groove on the journey!

My halloween involves kitten-sitting a 4month old Bengal whilst swapping between Civ Beyond Earth, L4D2 and Mordor.

Also I need to stop getting drunk at work. There's about... 15 of us here now just singing along to The Streets (why?!) basically drunk. Ahhh fridays.

SmokyDave

I learned last week that you don't go on holiday when you have a kid. Instead, you take the kid on holiday. A subtle difference in phrasing, but a huge difference in attitude. Never thought I'd be waking up at 5:30 every day on a holiday.

shoutouts to all the lucky kids that'll get a Vita tonight for stopping by Dave's place
It's the copies of Senran Kagura that really get 'em going.

AcridMeat

Banned
My halloween involves kitten-sitting a 4month old Bengal whilst swapping between Civ Beyond Earth, L4D2 and Mordor.

Also I need to stop getting drunk at work. There's about... 15 of us here now just singing along to The Streets (why?!) basically drunk. Ahhh fridays.
What do you think of Beyond Earth? I've played a couple hours and I can't decipher the research web at all.

Your work sounds amazing man.

What do you think of Beyond Earth? I've played a couple hours and I can't decipher the research web at all.

Your work sounds amazing man.

Ehhh I'm not sure. I played an hour or two and usually - with Civ 5, say - I'd be thinking about it all day, can't wait to get back to playing it. I haven't actually booted it up again since. I know I will, but right off the bat it hasn't drawn me in. And not in a "it's so complicated, I'm overwhelmed" way since - tech tree aside, like you say - it's practically identical to Civ 5 but without as much charm.

AcridMeat

Banned
Looking good Mush, those wings look like they took quite some time.
Ehhh I'm not sure. I played an hour or two and usually - with Civ 5, say - I'd be thinking about it all day, can't wait to get back to playing it. I haven't actually booted it up again since. I know I will, but right off the bat it hasn't drawn me in. And not in a "it's so complicated, I'm overwhelmed" way since - tech tree aside, like you say - it's practically identical to Civ 5 but without as much charm.
I didn't play Civ 5 at all, just Civ 4, so for me it's definitely a bit of feeling overwhelmed. I played some more tonight and decided I just don't like it. Thankfully it was a gift or I'd feel worse about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom