• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
last-man-standing-o.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Bayonetta 2 people...how are you getting on?

I've just got the hang (barely) of dodge offset and switching between weapon sets. Managing to get a few platinums here and there (only on 2nd climax, but still!)!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bayonetta 2 people...how are you getting on?

I've just got the hang (barely) of dodge offset and switching between weapon sets. Managing to get a few platinums here and there (only on 2nd climax, but still!)!
Still sealed because I haven't finished the first one yet.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Still sealed because I haven't finished the first one yet.

You're doing the right thing. I went straight to 2 and the plot made even less sense than it normally would. Also, after the kaleidoscope of 2, 1 seemed really pale and washed out. I got to about the 3rd or 4th chapter and just went back to 2.

Guess I'm odd then. NINTENDO SAVED GAMING

Well, I don't really buy games (not brand new at least) with blind faith. I was ridiculously excited the past year or so for Bayonetta 2 and now I've completed it that emotion is gone and I even cancelled my Alpha Sapphire pre-order because I realised I wasn't actually excited for it.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Well, I don't really buy games (not brand new at least) with blind faith. I was ridiculously excited the past year or so for Bayonetta 2 and now I've completed it that emotion is gone and I even cancelled my Alpha Sapphire pre-order because I realised I wasn't actually excited for it.

Is it actually called Alpha Sapphire? I knew I picked correctly: I don't want to be no beta.

DOTA and the impending arrival of Pokemon are the reasons I haven't cracked open Bayonetta yet. Might be a nice Christmas game, that one.

Is it actually called Alpha Sapphire? I knew I picked correctly: I don't want to be no beta.

DOTA and the impending arrival of Pokemon are the reasons I haven't cracked open Bayonetta yet. Might be a nice Christmas game, that one.

But er, alpha is the stage before beta, right?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I didn't buy it with blind faith. I trusted the developers and the reviews (especially the Edge one - I've been reading Edge since issue 1 and have a lot of respect for them).

You do need a bit of faith to try games or you'll never end up playing anything! Trust me, I know. I used to hate all of Japan post 1994.

Sad that you don't want to play it any more though. I'm having lots of fun going back and "gitting gud".

I didn't buy it with blind faith. I trusted the developers and the reviews (especially the Edge one - I've been reading Edge since issue 1 and have a lot of respect for them).

You do need a bit of faith to try games or you'll never end up playing anything! Trust me, I know. I used to hate all of Japan post 1994.

Sad that you don't want to play it any more though. I'm having lots of fun going back and "gitting gud".

I didn't mean to imply that I don't want to play it any more. Quite the contrary, I don't want to play anything else. The game is amazing. Completed it on 2nd Climax, done 10 chapters on 3rd Climax, going to go back and start getting PP or Platinum on each stage now though. And once that is done, I get to replay Bayonetta! I only have a PlayStation 3 and the PS3 version of the game prior to my First Print LE of Bayonetta 2 arriving so that was very welcome considering I don't own a 360 now.

That said, I already ordered a Japanese copy of DMC3 Special Edition and purchased a JP copy of God Hand a month back to play (again) when I'm done with Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2. Plus the 30-40 other PS3 games I've barely touched and the rest of my backlog of games...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I didn't mean to imply that I don't want to play it any more. Quite the contrary, I don't want to play anything else. The game is amazing. Completed it on 2nd Climax, done 10 chapters on 3rd Climax, going to go back and start getting PP or Platinum on each stage now though. And once that is done, I get to replay Bayonetta! I only have a PlayStation 3 and the PS3 version of the game prior to my First Print LE of Bayonetta 2 arriving so that was very welcome considering I don't own a 360 now.

That said, I already ordered a Japanese copy of DMC3 Special Edition and purchased a JP copy of God Hand a month back to play (again) when I'm done with Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2. Plus the 30-40 other PS3 games I've barely touched and the rest of my backlog of games...

Ah sorry! I totally misunderstood. Hurray for great games!

Ashes

Banned
Ha, well played for following through with it, it'll be an experience if nothing else.

I'm going to see it (at night). Excited for it, but I read an article about it and fear I know too much about what's going to happen. That said, I've always wanted a film about this so I'm still looking forward to it.

It will be a visual feast if anything. Just got here. Lots of people here. Don't know why I am surprised.

Hopefully rest of Brit Gaf is enjoying a good night full of sleep. :p

Reknoc

Team bondi started it but I'm sure some R* studios contributed.

and you sir have no taste >.>

I really wanted to love LA Noire because I dream of a great detective action game but the interrogations killed the game for me since it was busted as fuck trying to figure out which of the 2 exact same options were the right one and having the player character go schizophrenic during them didn't help.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
you guys still talking about Rockstar without even mentioning the great LA Noire?

I'll just take my posts elsewhere

LA Noire was great until about halfway. When Cole goes off and has the affair the game falls apart entirely - having the player character do things that are unknown to the player is a poor design choice. Until that point I was engaged and interested, afterwards I was distanced from the game somewhat. It shouldn't be keeping things from me, I am Cole. It felt unfinished. It needed to spend a bit longer establishing his family and his distance from them and then it might have had some emotional impact.

I like this.

Also, I borrowed Le Noire from a mate but never completed it. I liked the concept a lot, would be up for a sequel. One thing I didn't like was the shooting galleries they shoehorned into the missions. It felt like they just inserted generic shootouts to make sure TPS fans would buy it. I'd much rather have a pure detective game.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It amuses me that someone playing video games got so mad about them they thought this was an appropriate response.

"That will show them! Maybe now they will bring loot cave back!"

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It amuses me that someone playing video games got so mad about them they thought this was an appropriate response.

"That will show them! Maybe now they will bring loot cave back!"

Is that what it was though? I mean the anti-Sony ones were just for the lulz, right? Pretty funny stuff.

Look at what I just got from Amazon.

Ooo. I had that and then sold it on eBay. Aguirre was good but apart from the Bad Lieutenant remake Herzog is just not my thing.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone on BT Infinity try running the diagnostics test here. Not working for me, I keep getting an error message.

I quite literally just had a scottish £10 note refused in a pub.

I would also like to add mcdonalds in Surbtion who gave me said note, FUCK YOU.

Although I agree it isn;t legal tender, was just too tired this morning when buy my mcdonalds breakfast.

I love it when they carefully hold Scottish notes up to the light as if they're experts at spotting forgeries.

LA Noire was great until about halfway. When Cole goes off and has the affair the game falls apart entirely - having the player character do things that are unknown to the player is a poor design choice. Until that point I was engaged and interested, afterwards I was distanced from the game somewhat. It shouldn't be keeping things from me, I am Cole. It felt unfinished. It needed to spend a bit longer establishing his family and his distance from them and then it might have had some emotional impact.

For me, the plot twist at the end of the Murder segment is they fucked things up massively.

All the decision making and investigation stuff you've done for the last 5 cases is rendered completely pointless. It's a massive fuck-you to anyone playing, and I don't see why they even bothered with it.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
It's Carnival night here!

So naturally it is pissing down with rain, there's a hefty wind, and a high spring tide due in about 15 mins.

Equally naturally I am going to go wandering with the camera and see what delights I can capture for your pleasure tomorrow.

EDIT: Sod it. Pouring down now. Not going out in this!

EDIT AGAIN: Went out anyway. Got a soggy camera and a whole bunch of fun - good music, super display, bit of bopping, bit of nearly getting run over by young ladies carrying spears - that sort of thing. Pics tomorrow.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Is he the one who directed that Black Death movie? Because I've been meaning to view that.

Do you mean The Seventh Seal? It's definitely worth seeing. He directed a film called Persona which is probably the best film I've ever seen. It has no relation to anime. It's about identity and loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom