• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Come back to whatsapp you loon. We do miss you :) you know that you only have to look at it and write on it as much as you like. Personally I pretty much only use it on the toilet and when I'm on my bus home.

Basically, I get big ass abscesses on my legs sometimes, this one is/was golfball sized. Much blood. Bit owwy.

And yeah, since I'm the head of Exams and there are only two pupils in for the exam I'm totally taking my iPad in and reading comics for two hours. I can look like I'm doing work.

Oh blimey. Does not sound like fun. I imagine you've got some medicine for them? Sounds awful.

Hanging out of my arse.

Hello! What does that mean? Are you a turd?

Son Of D

Crying at how broken Halo is, 2014 is the year of absolutely fucked games on release day.

I'm hoping it's developers getting accustomed to the new hardware and that it only gets better from here. But I do expect a couple of major releases next year to implode when put in the console.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Halo (Halo, haloooo)
Is there anybody on there?
connect if you can hear me.
Is there any server on?

Winner!

---

Just arrived at work for me:

A furry bed for our guinea pigs. It's going to be cute x 10000009
Some gigantic AKG "reference class" headphones (100 quid on Amazon reduced from 250! Get while stocks last!)

Excited!

Also the PSN sale looks quite good. I might get Strike Suit Zero. It looks a bit like Starfox.

SmokyDave

Too lazy to even post!

To be fair we throw hate on everything in there.
I've spent an hour figuring out how I could do a 'too lazy to reply' joke without actually replying. Didn't come up with anything.

It's a shame they don't cater to my tastes, because they definitely know how to polish their games.

That said, I've not had any problems with broken games this year*. Perhaps because I don't go for AAA titles on day one, and I don't play anything online.

*Driveclub I suppose, but I knew it had issues before I bought it.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm hoping it's developers getting accustomed to the new hardware and that it only gets better from here. But I do expect a couple of major releases next year to implode when put in the console.

Looking forward to it,

Halo.
Is it the server you're looking for?

Halo
Halo
It's less stable than Knack
It's less stable than Knack

Haha!

Halo
I love you
Won't you get me a game?

You say Halo, I say goodbye

(Ie disconnected)

Halo (Halo, haloooo)
Is there anybody on there?
connect if you can hear me.
Is there any server on?

you guys are cunts, lovable, but cunts all the same.

Halo I just met you
and this crazy
if you try play matchmaking
it'll work maybe.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Online games are always fucked on day one, have been for years. The sooner we accept it, the less upset we will get.

In other news, there's wifi in the hall I'm invigilating in. Win!

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Invigilation is tied with flyering as the worst job I've ever done. We weren't allowed to use our phones, read or do anything except sit there and wait for the exam to end. Barely worth the money.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've spent an hour figuring out how I could do a 'too lazy to reply' joke without actually replying. Didn't come up with anything.

It's a shame they don't cater to my tastes, because they definitely know how to polish their games.

That said, I've not had any problems with broken games this year*. Perhaps because I don't go for AAA titles on day one, and I don't play anything online.

*Driveclub I suppose, but I knew it had issues before I bought it.

I can understand that. If you're a fan of racing sims (or even FPSs) there's absolutely nothing Nintendo has for you. I feel bad for my friend who was so excited to pick up the Driveclub bundle and then wasn't able to go online for ages afterwards.

Nintendo are great as part of a balanced diet but you do need a PC, Xbo or Ps4 really to play anything a bit more Western.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Invigilation is tied with flyering as the worst job I've ever done. We weren't allowed to use our phones, read or do anything except sit there and wait for the exam to end. Barely worth the money.
Yeah it's horrible. In one to one (or two in this case), we say invig staff are allowed books. Not much chance of cheating in these cases and falling asleep is a very real danger. Especially with old people.

I can understand that. If you're a fan of racing sims (or even FPSs) there's absolutely nothing Nintendo has for you. I feel bad for my friend who was so excited to pick up the Driveclub bundle and then wasn't able to go online for ages afterwards.

Nintendo are great as part of a balanced diet but you do need a PC, Xbo or Ps4 really to play anything a bit more Western.

Yeah, agree with that. My Wii U is the perfect compliment to my PC.

SmokyDave

Aye, I'm mostly racing sims, open world, action-adventure, and Japanese underwear focused beat 'em ups. Not really Nintendo's wheelhouse.

I do have a 3DS though, so I can get my Mario 3D Land & Ghost Recon fix from time to time. Gotta have a bit of everything. I keep trying to get into Donkey Kong, but I'm just not feeling it. Same for Luigi's Mansion 2, even though I fucking loved the GameCube original.

I can't really concentrate on gaming at the moment though. Dunno why, I just don't seem to get into anything other than Minecraft right now. That's not really a game though, it's just digital LEGO.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
you guys are cunts, lovable, but cunts all the same.

b57ff78210fd5626f23dd81f1037b4eb.jpg

ah I'm just messin', babes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Aye, I'm mostly racing sims, open world, action-adventure, and Japanese underwear focused beat 'em ups. Not really Nintendo's wheelhouse.

I do have a 3DS though, so I can get my Mario 3D Land & Ghost Recon fix from time to time. Gotta have a bit of everything. I keep trying to get into Donkey Kong, but I'm just not feeling it. Same for Luigi's Mansion 2, even though I fucking loved the GameCube original.

I can't really concentrate on gaming at the moment though. Dunno why, I just don't seem to get into anything other than Minecraft right now. That's not really a game though, it's just digital LEGO.

Could be the fact you are a grown up with a fairly new-to-the-world child? I imagine tiny humans take priority over everything, selfish things.

I remember Ghost Recon! It was OK. I got pretty far into it - I remember it having something like 100 missions to do but I could be wrong. It was only about a tenner too.

The_Poet

Banned
Saw Interstellar last night, its great.

Its a big budget sci-fi film which touches on a lot of the questions raised by old sci-fi writers like Asimov and C. Clark, as well as giving them various nods throughout.

I'm so glad they didn't go full on action-spaceman-adventure with the film (which they could have) but instead shifted focus to the toll space travel has on human life and society.

Its good, mmkay.

Reknoc

Another WoW expac another day I kinda want to play WoW but since I never got super into it makes it kinda scary to try and play now since it's had 10 years worth of content

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Another WoW expac another day I kinda want to play WoW but since I never got super into it makes it kinda scary to try and play now since it's had 10 years worth of content

I think someone getting into WOW right now is just admitting that they've given up on life. It's like digital suicide. Raids are self harm.

Reknoc, are you OK??

Reknoc

I think someone getting into WOW right now is just admitting that they've given up on life. It's like digital suicide. Raids are self harm.

Reknoc, are you OK??

I'm not :(

But I never raid anyway, not even in FFXIV which I'm playing regularly, I just stick to the casual content.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Saw Interstellar last night, its great.

Its a big budget sci-fi film which touches on a lot of the questions raised by old sci-fi writers like Asimov and C. Clark, as well as giving them various nods throughout.

I'm so glad they didn't go full on action-spaceman-adventure with the film (which they could have) but instead shifted focus to the toll space travel has on human life and society.

Its good, mmkay.

Actual spoilers -

I liked it too - did you not think the Matt Damon section felt out of place though?

Reknoc, are you OK??

I've gone back to Destiny. BUT I'M OK. I'm in control. I'm in control. I can stop after an hour a day. I can stop.

The_Poet

Banned
Actual spoilers -

I liked it too - did you not think the Matt Damon section felt out of place though?

More actual spoilers:

A little, I was also confused as to what his motivation was at first, and why he felt the need to try to kill everybody

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
More actual spoilers:

A little, I was also confused as to what his motivation was at first, and why he felt the need to try to kill everybody

yeah. Me too. It just didn't fit with the tone of the rest of the film imo, felt very "must have fight". I also thought the last fifteen minutes or so we're a bit fudged. Still thought it was a good film, but it didn't need the extended reconciliation or Cooper going exploring again. I understand it made emotional sense but I think it could've been hinted at rather than shown.

The_Poet

Banned
yeah. Me too. It just didn't fit with the tone of the rest of the film imo, felt very "must have fight". I also thought the last fifteen minutes or so we're a bit fudged. Still thought it was a good film, but it didn't need the extended reconciliation or Cooper going exploring again. I understand it made emotional sense but I think it could've been hinted at rather than shown.

I really enjoyed the ending. It was actually satisfying in a way many sci-fi movies are not, as well as tying up loose ends.

In other news. I bought a new skateboard after my Dad used my old one to move a fridge and cracked it.

I'm turning back into a 16 year old, Its like totally rad and stuff.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm nothing if not predictable :)

Sorry!

I'm not sorry really.

Subvertive spoiler shenanigans.

SPOILER

I'M SO META, BABY!

---

BritGAF has been so quiet today! Everyone playing the new Mario Kart tracks or something NINTENDO NINTENDO?

I decided to order Shadow of Mordor from Anazom and sell Rayman and Diablo on the eBay. I hope it's good! It sounded like a slightly more combat-orientated Assassin's Creed with less pomposity and the Nemesis system.

I did mull over getting LBP or Dragon Age instead when they came out, but Dragon Age is probably way too RPGey for me and I don't like elves and stuff that much (exception for Lord of the Rings - just) and I don't think LBP is something I'd sit down at home to play (I like it on the Vita). So there you go! Interesting pot #2143.3

Volotaire

SPOILER

I'M SO META, BABY!

---

BritGAF has been so quiet today! Everyone playing the new Mario Kart tracks or something NINTENDO NINTENDO?

I decided to order Shadow of Mordor from Anazom and sell Rayman and Diablo on the eBay. I hope it's good! It sounded like a slightly more combat-orientated Assassin's Creed with less pomposity and the Nemesis system.

I did mull over getting LBP or Dragon Age instead when they came out, but Dragon Age is probably way too RPGey for me and I don't like elves and stuff that much (exception for Lord of the Rings - just) and I don't think LBP is something I'd sit down at home to play (I like it on the Vita). So there you go! Interesting pot #2143.3

Zleda Hyrule Circuit Music

The music is sooo good. And the new tracks are great. But playing the F-Zero track was underwhelming by F-Zero standards, and made me want a new F-Zero even more. But really, I am so buy with uni these days. Getting a chance to relax is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom