• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
Come to Portsmouth,I study here

Do you? Can you tell me a little about it? Opinions and all?

Hiya Tash!

Hiya Sah! If you want any law knowledge let me know. Think I mentioned I am a 3PQE qualified solicitor. I'd say don't do it, but you sound pretty keen. Don't sell your soul like I did!

I'm looking into Family Law. Can you tell me how you mean about don't do it?

Feel free to PM me, I'll be happy to listen.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
di57LLy.png

tumblr_inline_mkihnhGCK11qi9v0p.gif

ibjCnEHofY3uz3.gif

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Just got done watching Age of Extinction...I'll say this upfront, it actually isn't that bad, possibly the best Transformers movie to date. Which is surprising, given the current rating it has on Rotten Tomatoes (how could it possibly have a rating lower than Revenge of the Fallen, that movie is pure garbage).

+ Mark and Co. don't come off as a bunch of annoying prats, unlike Sam and whomever he had with him in the previous movies.
+ The Transformers no longer seem to be relegated to the background this time around, letting us actually see what they do and have them communicate with each other.
+ They've also been redesigned in a way where we can actually tell them apart which really helps.
+ NO MORE ARMY GUYS TAKING UP OUR TIME!
+ Bay seems to have restrained himself in the way he shoots a fair bit so he could allow the audience to soak in the action and view the 3D without chundering up their lunch.
+ Juvenile humour is no longer existent.

-/+ While the Dinobots came pretty late into the picture, I think we got what we paid for out of it.

- The movie needed at least a good half hour trimmed out of it, as at 2 hours and 45 minutes, it's way too long for a movie of this type.
- Galvatron didn't really get much to do
(though judging from the ending, I doubt that'll happen in the next movie)
- The constantly shifting aspect ratios (particularly in the first act) come off as jarring compared to the Dark Knight movies.
- For a movie that actually has a plot this time around, it's a bit underwritten for the most part.
- My Little Pony reference.

But yeah, that's what I thought of Age...at least it's better than a certain spider movie that also came out this year...

Mikeside

I judge a transformers movie on whether there's a scene with two transformers having a conversation about something other than humans or not

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do they never talk about oil prices? Considering half of them are vehicles and this rely of petrol you'd think that would be a major concern. The other topic being of course the end of tax discs.

Hystzen

Just got done watching Age of Extinction...I'll say this upfront, it actually isn't that bad, possibly the best Transformers movie to date. Which is surprising, given the current rating it has on Rotten Tomatoes (how could it possibly have a rating lower than Revenge of the Fallen, that movie is pure garbage).

+ Mark and Co. don't come off as a bunch of annoying prats, unlike Sam and whomever he had with him in the previous movies.
+ The Transformers no longer seem to be relegated to the background this time around, letting us actually see what they do and have them communicate with each other.
+ They've also been redesigned in a way where we can actually tell them apart which really helps.
+ NO MORE ARMY GUYS TAKING UP OUR TIME!
+ Bay seems to have restrained himself in the way he shoots a fair bit so he could allow the audience to soak in the action and view the 3D without chundering up their lunch.
+ Juvenile humour is no longer existent.

-/+ While the Dinobots came pretty late into the picture, I think we got what we paid for out of it.

- The movie needed at least a good half hour trimmed out of it, as at 2 hours and 45 minutes, it's way too long for a movie of this type.
- Galvatron didn't really get much to do
(though judging from the ending, I doubt that'll happen in the next movie)
- The constantly shifting aspect ratios (particularly in the first act) come off as jarring compared to the Dark Knight movies.
- For a movie that actually has a plot this time around, it's a bit underwritten for the most part.
- My Little Pony reference.

But yeah, that's what I thought of Age...at least it's better than a certain spider movie that also came out this year...

Don't forget a plus for Stanley Tucci playing "evil" Steve Jobs.

The product placement felt like a inside joke sometimes like Bay knew it stupid but didn't give a fuck.

Plus the Green duel pistol wielding autobot was cool, I don't get how his cloak works but it looked cool. Still think the first is actually best one but Age I kind of enjoyed.

Hey guys

I forgot how to GAF again

How are you peeps

I think I've got a gf lollll

Hey BritGAF, just popping in to say hi and see how you all are!

I've received my first offer to study Law at the University of Portsmouth, though still awaiting to hear from my first choice. Luckily, Portsmouth is my second choice, with great entry requirements.

How is everybody?

Hi both! Been a while! Good to see you. Congrats on the gf Tash and congrats on the offer Sah

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Close Encounters of the Britgaf Kind on Friday....

?
Friday night I went to London Bridge to meet a friend and then took the underground to the China Town area. I like that we were wearing the perfect hats for the occasion.

I actually streetpassed him myself last month on a uni day. He must have been on a bus that passed me.
I walk past Southbank Uni to get to work. I'm surprised I hardly get any streetpasses from that place though. Come on students! Too busy carrying text books instead of 3DSs I bet. Typical.

Son Of D

I walk past Southbank Uni to get to work. I'm surprised I hardly get any streetpasses from that place though. Come on students! Too busy carrying text books instead of 3DSs I bet. Typical.

That explains it then. And yeah I'm surprised at the few streetpasses I get when I have my 3DS in my bag. I wasn't expecting to be overwhelmed by them but I was at least expecting a few a day.

jimbor

Banned
Don't forget a plus for Stanley Tucci playing "evil" Steve Jobs.

The product placement felt like a inside joke sometimes like Bay knew it stupid but didn't give a fuck.

Plus the Green duel pistol wielding autobot was cool, I don't get how his cloak works but it looked cool. Still think the first is actually best one but Age I kind of enjoyed.

I know it's fashionable to hate Bay but he's so fucking terrible it's hard not to. Pain and Gain was just yuck and dull.

Friday night I went to London Bridge to meet a friend and then took the underground to the China Town area. I like that we were wearing the perfect hats for the occasion.

I see! My journey was one I've done plenty of times- Waterloo to Euston on the way back from a work thing.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I thought Transformers 4 was terrible in every single way possible. I tried to sleep through it but it was too loud.

Every Transformers film is the same. For the first 5 or 10 minute I'm quite enthralled at the scale and potential for big action. Then it just becomes monotone. I don't care if it's dumb fun, it's just boring. It's like having someone shout at you for 3 hours. If they're quiet and then shout, it has an impact. But by the end I'm always so bored. I don't think I'm the target market though.

---

Umm. So I finished Bayonetta 2 on 3rd Climax today and that's me done for a little while with it so I don't get too burned out. It's really good. I'm not sure I like it as much as the critics, but that could be because I'm a bit burned out - 3 playthroughs one after another will do that! But it's a really fun game. I'd like to go back in a few months to try infinite climax I think.

Also in other exciting games talk!

Plants vs Zombies is the PS4's saviour :D I also finally downloaded the Resogun DLC and have gone back to that. Seriously, though, Garden Warfare is £13 in the PSN sale and it's just really happy fun. So nice to play a "shooter" where you can play as a smiley sunflower and when you die you don't have to worry about what people would be saying if you hadn't "muted all". I like happy land.

I tried Mordor again but it's a definite no from me. I think it's a good game, I guess. But it's so repetitive! Everything is fine, but there's really only one thing to do - kill orcs/uruks. And the core combat mechanic just feels woolly and (like Reknoc said) impactless. It's also without any challenge. I wouldn't mind that if the world was fun to hang around in and explore, but because it's just a map completely populated with pretty much 1 or 2 types of enemy, it gets old really fast. I can see that if the combat grabs you, you'd absolutely love it, but I'm gonna sell it and get Dragon Age. I'm actually quite excited about it - I watched a few streams and it seems like quite a thoughtful game (I'm in the mood for something slower to play between games of Mario Kart!). Also, LGBT relationship simulator!!! Hurrah! Maybe this will be my Persona! I'm going to take a walk on the wildside and have a straight relationship. Naughty!

Skele7on

Banned
Sup GAF

So this weekend I attended some Pagan thing in croydon was pretty cool.

I am now home and trying to play Halo MCC online again but it's still screwed.

I was about to play Team BR's on The Pit but the game decided no, that'd be too much fun.

I am about one disconnect or mess up away from getting this refunded, which is going to hurt as I grew up loving Halo.

Might buy WoW as I need a new gaming addiction.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sup GAF

So this weekend I attended some Pagan thing in croydon was pretty cool.

I am now home and trying to play Halo MCC online again but it's still screwed.

I was about to play Team BR's on The Pit but the game decided no, that'd be too much fun.

I am about one disconnect or mess up away from getting this refunded, which is going to hurt as I grew up loving Halo.

Might buy WoW as I need a new gaming addiction.

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
Mario Kart 8

I'm hoping for Dragon Age. Don't do WoW! It's the end, not many come back!

More interestingly, are you a pagan then?

Skele7on

Banned
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
Mario Kart 8

I'm hoping for Dragon Age. Don't do WoW! It's the end, not many come back!

More interestingly, are you a pagan then?

PVZ and MK8 already here, waiting for smash to be honest, love that game!

Yeah also have dragon age and GTA preordered so tuesday should be good!

haha, I know wow is but I have self control now!

Yeah I am, Mum was a pagan so always grown up with it.

Today is the GF's last day working for the terrible TV station! Got a new job starting in a week or so. I should probably watch her last programme.

Sooo, I'm taking a day off tomorrow and there's some vodka in the flat tonight. HOORAY.

Mikeside

I got it and liked it! MICHAEL IRONSIDE I feel like you don't post enough.

Have you been at the party, Richter?

sorry

I really should post here more, but between work being back up to full-on crazy & all the stuff that comes with just having moved, I just haven't had all that much time to pop my head in.

I miss you guys :(

Can't wait for the December meetup. You coming, Sploats?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I see! My journey was one I've done plenty of times- Waterloo to Euston on the way back from a work thing.
Well we changed at Waterloo so that must have been it.

Got it was hot on the underground. I think I'll stick to my bus journeys.

Also MK8 - do we have a community room already or should we make one. The OT thread suffers from the usual problem of everyone living in America time.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I really should post here more, but between work being back up to full-on crazy & all the stuff that comes with just having moved, I just haven't had all that much time to pop my head in.

I miss you guys :(

Can't wait for the December meetup. You coming, Sploats?

Probably not...BUT...I might be spending the night in London on the 24th (I think) of November. I can't do a big one because I've got a very serious and unexciting conference the next day but if I finish at a sensible time it might be nice to meet up (that goes for all LondonBritGAF)?

Pagan is such a ridiculously broad term though, what path do you follow?

and when you answer, please can you tell me a bit more about it too!

Probably not...BUT...I might be spending the night in London on the 24th (I think) of November. I can't do a big one because I've got a very serious and unexciting conference the next day but if I finish at a sensible time it might be nice to meet up (that goes for all LondonBritGAF)?

Might be free. Is that a Monday night?

Son Of D

I should be free that evening. Classes finish at 4:30 then but I won't really have to stay late so I can finally meet you.

Might be free. Is that a Monday night?

Yeah, one week tomorrow.

jimbor

Banned

I'm around, money might be the only issue. Vegas, gf's thirtieth and having to move flat ASAP means my finances are down the shitter.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm curious about what being pagan means. Is it related to Wicca (I don't know what this means either, just something I've heard of). I thought pagan was a medieval term for non-standard religion.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Goodness me OT-GAF is on a roll today/last night. Between that 'How do people have sex?' thread and 'Ugly-Gaf', I don't know what to say anymore.

Still, at least I've finally discovered Mouth Sounds.

I'm curious about what being pagan means. Is it related to Wicca (I don't know what this means either, just something I've heard of). I thought pagan was a medieval term for non-standard religion.

Basically you're right, pagan is a term used to describe any religion that wasn't one of the big 3 monotheistic religions. But these days people use it to refer to a certain group of religions that are generally nature based and mostly derived from ancient Celtic religions. When people say they are pagan they usually mean neo-pagan, which is a modern interpretation of various historical beliefs from Europe.

Wicca is one of the paths you can follow as a neopagan, along with Neo-Druidism and Rodnovery and more, depending on what you believe. Wiccans do cast spells and believe they work.

Volotaire

Well we changed at Waterloo so that must have been it.

Got it was hot on the underground. I think I'll stick to my bus journeys.

Also MK8 - do we have a community room already or should we make one. The OT thread suffers from the usual problem of everyone living in America time.

ehhh, there seems to be people on a most times.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
RACIST JED I KNEW HE WAS WHITE VAN MAN

Seriously though, I don't agree with their details being leaked.

I'll join an MK8 room. I don't know how it works but I'll do it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Damn, I knew he was a rotten egg but I had no idea it was that bad. They both got perma-banned too. RIP Poet and Jed, we will hold a memorial service for you sometime in the future or whenever we get around to it. Sploat will write up something I'm sure.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Poet got the hammer too.

Poor, foolish bastards. Still, it should've been obvious to anybody that Jed's a racist. He was pretty tight with J Tourettes plus he lives in Aldershot, frequently chanting the slogan 'Keep the brown out of town!', in objection to the gurkhas.
Next thing you'll be telling me is that he votes for UKIP.

SmokyDave

Damn, I knew he was a rotten egg but I had no idea it was that bad. They both got perma-banned too. RIP Poet and Jed, we will hold a memorial service for you sometime in the future or whenever we get around to it. Sploat will write up something I'm sure.
I sincerely hope they haven't been perma'd. To have banned him is questionable enough, a perma would take the piss.

Jed should've known better though. Doesn't matter what you say on here, only what others wish to project on to you. Once the clammering reaches a certain point, you're better off bailing rather than trying to explain what you were actually saying.

Edit: Not a perma.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Do you? Can you tell me a little about it? Opinions and all?

I'm looking into Family Law. Can you tell me how you mean about don't do it?

Feel free to PM me, I'll be happy to listen.
I do.
Student life is great, city is amazing and my course is fucking rad. Great union, the support is brilliant and damn son there's a floor in the tech building for law and if you want to see some of the most beautiful women ever you go in there for a coffee.
Any proper questions about the city, student accommodation and any other queries drop me a PM youngling.
Busy, busy, busy. Juggling 3 practical assignments at once, all due for December. A documentary, a 2 minute excerpt from a script and a video about representation in the media. Joy of joys.

On the plus side though, I get December 11th to January 27th off for Christmas break. Granted 2 of those weeks are in Devon but it's still time off.
awesome dude, glad you're working hard! I've got so much shit to do in the next month I'm terrified! First maths test in Jan..AW shit

you kids are putting sex in your butts now?
they do's it

Hiya Tash!

Hiya Sah! If you want any law knowledge let me know. Think I mentioned I am a 3PQE qualified solicitor. I'd say don't do it, but you sound pretty keen. Don't sell your soul like I did!
woooo hey sploat!!!

Close Encounters of the Britgaf Kind on Friday....

?
lol

Hi both! Been a while! Good to see you. Congrats on the gf Tash and congrats on the offer Sah
Fankyou :3

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ehhh, there seems to be people on a most times.
Well I saw a few complaints in the OT about quiet periods. Also I remember the dark days of the MK7 thread which was basically all centred around America time.

I'll join an MK8 room. I don't know how it works but I'll do it.
Well if we decide to go ahead with it, one make a room and get a code which we share with each other and you just enter that in the tournament section in the online options. Makes it easier than swapping lots of NNIDs.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Well I saw a few complaints in the OT about quiet periods. Also I remember the dark days of the MK7 thread which was basically all centred around America time.

Well if we decide to go ahead with it, one make a room and get a code which we share with each other and you just enter that in the tournament section in the online options. Makes it easier than swapping lots of NNIDs.

Sounds good.

So Jed didn't get a perma, right? Good!! For that post?!?! How bizarre. It must be the US/UK divide in full effect. I understood what he was saying and I'm
pretty sure Jed's not actually racist! Also, I thought he made it pretty clear he wasn't? i don't know. I'm neither a mod nor an African American but I hope he's back soon. Get well soon Jed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom