• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
That feel when you accidentally become emotionally invested in strictly come dancing.

Frankie Bridge tho <3

Welcome back cyanide, how's life been trashing you?

SuperSah

Banned
Booking my train ticket to York on Monday, any recommended providers?

I typically use East Coast. Anything that sends tickets to my door rather than me getting them from a machine is preferable.

Also sending off my Passport for renewal.

How are y'all GAF?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I ONLY MEANT TWEE FOR ME WHY ARE WE SHOUTING

Because I forgot to quote you!

Also I want to preserve this poem I wrote because the mods deleted it :( It's called #46.

If you can guess
uh
what this title is gonna be
by the way this game will actually start

as a matter of fact
this screen also brings back memories for me
as well

I'm sure it does for some of you
Ah
And I'm sure you're dating yourself
By saying you remember

I don't know if you remember this particular
Ah
Opening
This was actually on the original PlayStation game
as well

I'm not a very good player
Even there
The game is powered by Namco
It's Ridge Racer

Riiiidddggeee Racer!

Remember that one?
OK!
Let's dive into the game
This brings back memories
I don't know if it's just me
But here we go

8bit

Knows the Score
You're back! Where have you been!?!? I posted some outsider music a bit ago, check it out!!!

(SCREAMING MEAT THANKS FOR COMMENTS BY THE WAY ALTHOUGH JOHN FAHEY NOT TWEE BUT GENIO(U)S)

Pretty OK. you?

New job busyness on my part, my new boss bought me a SF Giants hat though so not all bad.

Son Of D

That's slack! I've already done most of my errands!

Londoniums, are we meeting tomorrow evening then? What's the plan?

I was up super late last night. Was out for a bit then had a lot of energy. That's my excuse anyway.

Well I might be a little late tomorrow since I had to reschedule filming to Monday afternoon. But I'm still up for this mini-meet providing that everyone else is.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh not for exams, but formative deadlines, projects, etc.
Guess I was lucky and never needed to pull one. Then again my course didn't have many projects and the ones we had had plenty of time to work on them so I could work at my leisure. Always aimed to leave a day simply for corrections which is why I didn't really have many last minute problems. Nearest I had was a day to complete my presentation for my final year project because my day to present was the day after the deadline, but still, even the most elaborate power point doesn't take too long and I had the advantage of my whole project being fresh in my mind as I had literally spend the previous days checking and rechecking it.

Basically I try to avoid stress whenever possible.

Son Of D

My all-nighters (or stupidly late nights) haven't been because of work yet thankfully. I'm on the ball with stuff like that. It's that whenever I head out for the night I stay awake since I've got a lot of energy and just don't want to sleep.

Symphonia

Banned
I've only ever done all-nighters when E3 comes around. Copious amounts of Monster and Doritos are had at night, then sleep for a few hours before repeating the process. Good times.

8bit

Knows the Score
You know what's good for all-nighters? Amphetamines.

Even better if you've got some good coffee, and a pack of smokes. Andif you'vegot somegum. Andsomegoodmusictohelpyoustudy. ANDYOUGETINTOTHEZONE. JUSTGETTINGINTOTHEGROOVEANDITSTHREEAMANDYOUREREADINGABOUTPHEROMONESANDOHMYTHEY'REFASCINATINGANDITSZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Symphonia

Banned
Actually, come to think of it, although these can't be classed as all nighters per se, getting up to my daughter in the night was made so much easier by Pro-Plus and Red Bull. Felt like shit in the day, mind...

Edit: I worded that really badly. I had no problems with getting up for feeds, etc but long shifts at work followed by screaming and crying all night was a pain in the ass.

Vashetti

Banned
image.php

I never pulled an all nighter for Uni (because I never went to Uni) but I pulled plenty of all nighters for other reasons. Staying up all night and not actually getting any sleep is totally doable once in a blue moon. I did it last Saturday/Sunday no problem.

8bit

Knows the Score
Is tomorrow still happening, people?

I do hope so, I'd be terribly confused if I woke and Monday didn't happen. What would I do with my children if they couldn't go to daycare because tomorrow didn't? Where would my recently ordered Xbone go if Tuesday couldn't happen due to no Monday?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I do hope so, I'd be terribly confused if I woke and Monday didn't happen. What would I do with my children if they couldn't go to daycare because tomorrow didn't? Where would my recently ordered Xbone go if Tuesday couldn't happen due to no Monday?

Look, sometimes it just happens, ok? You need to be prepared.

I'm still in, where and when?

I'll try, but make no guarantees.

I'm at work and then I have a private. Hopefully that will be an easier issue than I'm anticipating

I'm still up for it. Might be a little late but depends on where and when it is.

Great. Well, I'm staying in the Hilton Doubletree near Chancery Lane tube. So anywhere round there is best for me as I'll be a bit stressed about having to get up early tomorrow for this conference! I can have a look around once I check in and text someone? Could you please PM me your number(s)?

I'll be finishing work about 6 ish I expect, so will have a quick spruce up and then probably ready to meet from about 6.30 to 7 onwards.

Son Of D

Great. Well, I'm staying in the Hilton Doubletree near Chancery Lane tube. So anywhere round there is best for me as I'll be a bit stressed about having to get up early tomorrow for this conference! I can have a look around once I check in and text someone? Could you please PM me your number(s)?

I'll be finishing work about 6 ish I expect, so will have a quick spruce up and then probably ready to meet from about 6.30 to 7 onwards.
Check your pms when you get a chance.

I am filming a bit mid afternoon, so I likely won't answer any texts. But I'll text once I'm done.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Kinda gutted I'm missing the meet.

It's not really a meet, just me taking advantage!

Check your pms when you get a chance.

I am filming a bit mid afternoon, so I likely won't answer any texts. But I'll text once I'm done.

Great. I'm in and out of a client meeting too but I'll definitely be contactable from about 4.30 onwards.

---

Just booked myself a treat - going to go and see Interstellar again in IMAX in the afternoon on Wednesday (day off). That thread on how good the music is just made me want to see it again.

Ashes

Banned
I normally work nights for seven days in a row, followed by seven days off. I have next weekend off for my birthday, but I guess all nighters are no trouble for me.

I do call my working week my dead week though. Would not recommend shift work for anybody. :/

Vashetti

Banned
I normally work nights for seven days in a row, followed by seven days off. I have next weekend off for my birthday, but I guess all nighters are no trouble for me.

I do call my working week my dead week though. Would not recommend shift work for anybody. :/

I'm in work at half 4 today until 10.

From now until then, I could sit and watch a movie for example, but I know I won't be able to settle because I'll always be checking the time and anticipating having to get ready and going to work.

Can't do anything relaxing until after work.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
FYI

Londoniums!

Checked in at hotel - just doing some work. Hope to finish about 6ish. So still on target for 6.30.

Fancy getting some food? Maybe best thing is if I meet you at the nearest tube to here which I believe is either Russell Square or Holborn (both seem roughly equidistant from this place).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom