• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Well some time tomorrow I will be the owner of a PS4 and with it 3 prettied up last gen games. What a fantastic generation this is.

Alright grumpy. The generation doesn't really start until next year. You've got a Wii U, right? Just play on there until something comes out!

PSN it may be a port but Dragon Age is wonderful and Resogun is still the only good exclusive.

A lawyer is better than a graphic designer. Work over the past few months has been hella tedious.

Ah! I'd rather be a graphic designer easily! At least then I'd know how to use GIMP properly. I like laying things out and I love typography. Swap you? You'll need to read up on UK tax law, with a little bit of stock market rules and a wedge of company annual reports.

Symphonia

Banned
Typography is my speciality. Playing around with the colour and layout of text is pretty damn addictive. Lpgo design is a favourite of mine, too, I love it when I have logo requests.

Ah! I'd rather be a graphic designer easily! At least then I'd know how to use GIMP properly. I like laying things out and I love typography. Swap you? You'll need to read up on UK tax law, with a little bit of stock market rules and a wedge of company annual reports.

Have they ever done a TV show where two people swap jobs for a bit and see how they get on? If not they should do, I'd probably watch that.

Could be a bit dangerous if one of the jobs was operating heavy machinery, but that's why I'd want to watch it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Have they ever done a TV show where two people swap jobs for a bit and see how they get on? If not they should do, I'd probably watch that.

Could be a bit dangerous if one of the jobs was operating heavy machinery, but that's why I'd want to watch it.

Hehehe.

"Introducing Alan, your pilot for this 24 hour flight! safe journey!!"

X wings bit was my favourite.

Looks like stormtroopers have flashier guns and helmets too. Bit of a shame, the original blaster rifles and pistols all looked like tricked out Mausers and Sten guns from the 30's

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I don't feel very whelmed but I just hope the film is good. Please please please just be a fun film and not a self-important examination of international trade taxation and sexual inadequacy.

Reknoc

Alright grumpy. The generation doesn't really start until next year. You've got a Wii U, right? Just play on there until something comes out!

PSN it may be a port but Dragon Age is wonderful and Resogun is still the only good exclusive.

If I get DA it'll likely be on PC, resogun I may check out. GTA and Samurai Warriors 4 should keep me busy for a while at least

Agree about the guns but I like the new helmets. They're scary again!

Actually having watched it again and paused at the opportune moments the guns are still a bit like that. And yes the helmet design is purty. But the stormtroopers weren't the same height!? How are they supposed to be a legion of faceless goons if they're a mish mash like that! Shameful.

Looking forward most of all to finding out what happened to the Empire in the time after RotJ and why they're still around.

Cheers for the Uni tips guys.

As you know, I somehow scored unconditional with Bournemouth which is damn good and their actually pretty good too for Law.

Never been to the area of Bournemouth, how is it? I will definitely use it as my insurance choice. It looks like a beautiful place.

Have you not been to open days etc? Always worth having a mooch around, in the surrounding area too, try and see if you feel like you could live there for three years.

Danj

I had hoped to go to the BritGAF meetup on the 6th Dec but sadly my "maybe" has now turned into a "no" - my pay rise isn't enough to afford a return ticket to London :(

Maybe if you guys have one in February or March 2015 or something I can come to that? Not January because January is always awful for money.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The Interstellar music is still swimming around in my head. I love it! Great big huge pipe organs and lots of repetition. On hindsight I like the music more than the film. It's like Revolutionary Road and Road To Perdition. Neither are that great but Thomas Newman does this sort of Fratres thing and I get goosebumps and I'm all like "best film ever!".

Reknoc

Ooh, I quite like it when you use my Sunday name!

Shit, I must buy Samurai Warriors 4. And Far Cry 4. And The Crew.

Too many games, too little time :(

Far Cry 4 is great. Very little has changed between 3 other than the setting but that's fine because 3 was great and Kyrat is a much cooler setting for me.

Vashetti

Banned
The Interstellar music is still swimming around in my head. I love it! Great big huge pipe organs and lots of repetition. On hindsight I like the music more than the film. It's like Revolutionary Road and Road To Perdition. Neither are that great but Thomas Newman does this sort of Fratres thing and I get goosebumps and I'm all like "best film ever!".

Revolutionary Road is a stunning film. Breaks my heart everytime.

SuperSah

Banned
Have you not been to open days etc? Always worth having a mooch around, in the surrounding area too, try and see if you feel like you could live there for three years.

I've been to York plenty of times; love it.

Gonna go and see Bournemouth, it's gorgeous and will also go and see Liverpool at some point.

As I said via PM. If you want to do law, the older the university the better. York and Liverpool would both be good choices. Go Russell Group.

Going to a newer uni won't kill you, but if you do decide to work for a bigger firm you'll have a disadvantage against Oxbridge and Russell Group graduates. The application process at those firms is still very traditional.

If you're not bothered by that and there's something about a newer uni that resonates with you, that's fine. But be realistic.

Source: I used to sit on the governing body of the Law Society and I know that of which I speak.

Also, it's they're. Not their. Tighten up your drafting, trainee!

(Sorry, I'm actually reviewing a contract right now.)

Ass. :(

jimbor

Banned

Gonna go and see Bournemouth, it's gorgeous and will also go and see Liverpool at some point.

Yeah, seriously. Considering going to a shitty uni because of the nightlife of the town it's in is incredibly stupid if you have better unis to go to for your career.

SuperSah

Banned
Yeah, seriously. Considering going to a shitty uni because of the nightlife of the town it's in is incredibly stupid if you have better unis to go to for your career.

Who said I'm choosing a Uni based on nightlife? That's far from what I want.

And which "shit" Uni are you referring to? York, Liverpool and Bournemouth are all great Uni's, of course the former two are top tier.

My other two choices, Portsmouth and Birmingham aren't being considered. Forget Birmingham before you suggest it.

SuperSah

Banned
Pfft, Birmingham forgets you.

Douche.

:(

Nah man, it's nothing personal.

It's just for me York has always been 1000000% and Liverpool has come into the equation. I've heard a lot of my friends get rejected from Liverpool so I'll be doing disservice if I do NOT at least check it out and see how it is, then decide between it and York. Most likely will choose York, however.

In terms of Birmingham, I wasn't totally sold on it when I saw it and doesn't really too much of an appeal factor to it. Bournemouth, as said, will be insurance 100% as it's still a great Uni and unconditional worth ABB (same as Liverpool's requirement) is too good to throw away.

Symphonia

Banned
Nah man, it's nothing personal.

It's just for me York has always been 1000000% and Liverpool has come into the equation. I've heard a lot of my friends get rejected from Liverpool so I'll be doing disservice if I do NOT at least check it out and see how it is, then decide between it and York. Most likely will choose York, however.

In terms of Birmingham, I wasn't totally sold on it when I saw it and doesn't really too much of an appeal factor to it. Bournemouth, as said, will be insurance 100% as it's still a great Uni and unconditional worth ABB (same as Liverpool's requirement) is too good to throw away.
It's all cool, brah. Liverpool is the place to go, seriously.

Is it good or bad to be called 'intoxicating'?

SuperSah

Banned
It's all cool, brah. Liverpool is the place to go, seriously.

Is it good or bad to be called 'intoxicating'?

I'm gonna try and book an open day for Liverpool. I believe they'll be inviting me to an applicant day.

Honestly, will probably just choose York, but I will of course check out Liverpool before making dumb decisions.

jimbor

Banned
Who said I'm choosing a Uni based on nightlife? That's far from what I want.

And which "shit" Uni are you referring to? York, Liverpool and Bournemouth are all great Uni's, of course the former two are top tier.

My other two choices, Portsmouth and Birmingham aren't being considered. Forget Birmingham before you suggest it.

Shut the fuck up you snivelling little shit.

NinjaBoiX

Js33wmV.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I don't understand. What does ass have to do with anything?

Also. Are you joking or leaving again? I don't understand de yout.

Mikeside

Y'all guys are assholes, lol.

I'm out of here then, once again.

You're really not cut out for this thread if you're going to be such a little bitch about such obvious jokes. Just like when somebody poked fun out of your massive phonerection.

Come back when you've got some hair on your balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom