• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike and jimbor ate deserved bans. Sorry, that's how this works; don't be a dick.

I don't really have much in common with Sah and his love of all things Bruno Mars and 3DS fighting games, but he seems pleasant enough and seeing as he's a fellow human I generally respect jhim as such, so yeah.

Bitches be weird sometimes

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I've no idea what the random hostility towards SuperSah was all about. I was trying to work out if jimbor's was an attempt at an edgy joke (his forte) but it just reads as needless aggression. None of it makes sense.

A bit like the appeal of Paramore.

Chinner

Banned
The thing about playing the banter or 'it's a joke' card is that there has to be some kind of involvement from both parties involved. You tell a joke to be appreciated, and banter has to have some kind of underlying agreement as to what is acceptable; If you don't have that, then it's pretty much bullying as it's usually at someone's expense.

When I read through the exchange last night I found it a little uncomfortable. Supersah didn't warrant the initial aggression, and it was pretty clear that he didn't find what was posted funny.

Symphonia

Banned
The thing is, Mike wasn't aggressive in any shape or form. All he did was give his honest opinion about SuperSah taking everything far too seriously, which he has been known to. Which, coming from me, is rich. But it goes to show how bent out of shape SuperSah was about the situation, or at least seemed to be. Banning Mike for giving his opinion was uncalled for.

As for jimbor, well, we know to take his every word with a pinch of salt. He has a very sharp, dry and almost offensive sense of humour on par with Jimmy Carr. I learnt a long time ago to not takr anything he says to heart, as that's just jimbor's way of expressing humour. The cursing could've been toned down, but worth a ban? No. It's a bit of a mad power trip, in my opinion.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sah is a sensitive soul who I don't think really does 'banter'.

Mike is also a sensitive soul who can be brutally honest on occasion.

jimbor is a lovely person who sometimes, when posting, errs on the side of 'kill them all'. Which I think is his humour.

Also, I want to just state On The Record that both are very lovely people who have always been very kind. M'lud.

I know we're all talking about it, but it's not that dramatic really, is it? I just hope everybody comes back to the thread safe and sound. We lost a good fighter in Noffs. This is a time for unity. We must join together and defeat our enemies! We must not lose any more of our soldiers!

ive been playing lots of Dragon Age.

Also, I like this thread being a bit like the Wild West. We need somewhere we can just be rude and British.

Symphonia

Banned
Do you not recall me when I first joined, sploatee? I couldn't take a joke to save my life. But then Musha and Ninj and Mike made me see it's only a joke. There's no malice behind anything they say. The same goes for jimbor, too. Now I see them all as good BritGAF chums. I respect and admire and, well, adore them in their own ways.

Chinner

Banned
Look what you've done, you've caused Chinner to break character. Clearly things went too far.

QbTxIUo.gif

Son Of D

Do you not recall me when I first joined, sploatee? I couldn't take a joke to save my life. But then Musha and Ninj and Mike made me see it's only a joke. There's no malice behind anything they say. The same goes for jimbor, too. Now I see them all as good BritGAF chums. I respect and admire and, well, adore them in their own ways.

Don't think Sploats (nor myself) were here when you first joined. I joined just before the Christmas meet last year and I think Sploat was around the same time.

Symphonia

Banned

Symphonia

Banned
Fuck off, you've been out every night getting pissed with your mates. I am ten times the father you'd ever be!
Don't you fucking dare try to insinuste I'm a bad dad. I may be out with my mates every night (and that's to get away from you) but I'm the one working my ass off every day to put a fucking roof over our heads. I do the damn school run each morming, too, while you fucking swan off with the other mothers. I'm the best damn dad Chinners can, and will, have. Prick.

Vashetti

Banned
Don't you fucking dare try to insinuste I'm a bad dad. I may be out with my mates every night (and that's to get away from you) but I'm the one working my ass off every day to put a fucking roof over our heads. I do the damn school run each morming, too, while you fucking swan off with the other mothers. I'm the best damn dad Chinners can, and will, have. Prick.

Work? Don't fucking make me laugh. I've seen the texts you've been sending to that slag. I bet she's a fucking piece of 'work'.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
So, BritGAF back to the perfect storm of pent up anger and stupid drama

To lighten the mood I'm gonna tell you a story of last night.

This week I've been feeling real shitty, been ill, unmotivated and yeah.. just real shitty

but last night my flatmates had a party and my gf had gone away to see fams and I was ill so I was in a badd mood, so quite rightly I got mega drunk and stole my flatmates chicken and burgers and shoved them in the oven just to piss him off as I didn't even want to eat them.

We started getting pretty aggro at eachother so I smashed a glass on him, drew blood and then punched me square in the face. We then, whilst bystanders screamed, had one of the manliest fucking fights ever, it was like peter griffin and the chicken fight. We rolled around wrestling obliterating glasses, knocking over a table ad just really beating the shit out of eachother. The game breaker was when as he backed off, I picked up a tall lamp and launched it at him like a javelin, hitting him and another guy. It finished and I walked off for a breather to go outside ad laugh at his face acting like nothing had happened and that we'd merely had a very minor scuffle, he squared up to me again which was basically my point where I lost my shit and got naked for no reason in front of many people and chased him hopping with trousers around my ankles.

He came to after 15 minutes and I broke down, had a good cry about my shitty week whilst he apoligised for socking me, first time I've cried since the shit with my sister and it felt fucking amazing.

I'm a little bit mad

if you can't come to the meet then let's arrange a day for you to come see my house???

hellll yeeee- oh fuck you're banned again

SuperSah

Banned
Mike and jimbor ate deserved bans. Sorry, that's how this works; don't be a dick.

I don't really have much in common with Sah and his love of all things Bruno Mars and 3DS fighting games, but he seems pleasant enough and seeing as he's a fellow human I generally respect jhim as such, so yeah.

Bitches be weird sometimes

LOL you guys are great.

No, I generally don't do banter. I was brought up in a way where everything for me is focused and "serious" in a sense. Moving to London opened me up, but I honestly still don't quite understand the whole "banter lulz" thing. Southerners have quite the sense of humor us Northerners lack.

Symphonia

Banned
LOL you guys are great.

No, I generally don't do banter. I was brought up in a way where everything for me is focused and "serious" in a sense. Moving to London opened me up, but I honestly still don't quite understand the whole "banter lulz" thing. Southerners have quite the sense of humor us Northerners lack.
I'm the epitome of serious. Like I said, when I joined, I had no sense of humour. Now look at me, I'm the life and soul of the party.

This week I've been feeling real shitty, been ill, unmotivated and yeah.. just real shitty

but last night my flatmates had a party and my gf had gone away to see fams and I was ill so I was in a badd mood, so quite rightly I got mega drunk and stole my flatmates chicken and burgers and shoved them in the oven just to piss him off as I didn't even want to eat them.

We started getting pretty aggro at eachother so I smashed a glass on him, drew blood and then punched me square in the face. We then, whilst bystanders screamed, had one of the manliest fucking fights ever, it was like peter griffin and the chicken fight. We rolled around wrestling obliterating glasses, knocking over a table ad just really beating the shit out of eachother. The game breaker was when as he backed off, I picked up a tall lamp and launched it at him like a javelin, hitting him and another guy. It finished and I walked off for a breather to go outside ad laugh at his face acting like nothing had happened and that we'd merely had a very minor scuffle, he squared up to me again which was basically my point where I lost my shit and got naked for no reason in front of many people and chased him hopping with trousers around my ankles.

He came to after 15 minutes and I broke down, had a good cry about my shitty week whilst he apoligised for socking me, first time I've cried since the shit with my sister and it felt fucking amazing.

I'm a little bit mad

hellll yeeee- oh fuck you're banned again

See this is why we need you in BritGaf Tash, don't ever leave us again.

Genuinely lol'd at this, thanks for brightening the mood in here!

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

I'm a little bit mad

Wasn't expecting this post at all, wonderful.

I can't understand people who are so emotional though, can't remember the last time I lost my temper :/

I'm a little bit mad

XKEtrGl.jpg

Rubbish King

Sah, I get you, I used to be the same. You will generally grow thicker skin over time and learn to stop taking things personally, I used to be a right little fuck for that, go back to past OTs to see my struggle of becoming a man

Haha. Tash, you kill it, man. Hope all os sorted now.
Apart from my fucking beauty of a shiner I'm good
Wasn't expecting this post at all, wonderful.

I can't understand people who are so emotional though, can't remember the last time I lost my temper :/
I generally donn't becausee SSRIS have fucked me, this is why I basically manipulated him into fighting me, and it was awesome
See this is why we need you in BritGaf Tash, don't ever leave us again.

Genuinely lol'd at this, thanks for brightening the mood in here!

you're welcome mush

SmokyDave

The missus and baby have gone out for the day and I have a fridge full of Stella and GTA V. I'm blessed.

Also, I like this thread being a bit like the Wild West. We need somewhere we can just be rude and British.
Abso-fucking-lutely. I like the honesty of the Whatsapp group, but I prefer the conversation flow of a message board.

Someone with more time and skill than myself ought to do something about that.

I'm a little bit mad.
This is the best thing I'll read all day.

RiggyRob

Sah, I get you, I used to be the same. You will generally grow thicker skin over time and learn to stop taking things personally, I used to be a right little fuck for that, go back to past OTs to see my struggle of becoming a man

Apart from my fucking beauty of a shiner I'm good

I generally donn't becausee SSRIS have fucked me, this is why I basically manipulated him into fighting me, and it was awesome

you're welcome mush

This might just be me, but starting a fight by glassing someone and drawing blood isn't exactly something I would be proud of. Having a shitty week doesn't excuse that.

Hope you're feeling better now though.

Rubbish King

Befriended a Chinese man trying to get his drone out of a tree ,tried to help and failed but he gave me a pack of really fackin strong Chinese cigarettes

My day keeps getting better
This might just be me, but starting a fight by glassing someone and drawing blood isn't exactly something I would be proud of. Having a shitty week doesn't excuse that.

Hope you're feeling better now though.
Hey woah woah woah, it's just you
lol at the story Tash, typical you! Though I agree that smashing a glass over someone's head because you're annoyed is all kinds of gross.

GTFO
In didn't do it over his head! I'm not a mad man!a

Tash, miss ya brah x
Miss you too
CHEEZMO™;140987824 said:
holy moley the last 2 days ive had

Are these gonna have to be PM'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom