• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
tumblr_m08xamKkCU1qiunvpo1_500.gif

Twas a time MKSD would be giving me that speech.

SuperSah

Banned
You're really not cut out for this thread if you're going to be such a little bitch about such obvious jokes. Just like when somebody poked fun out of your massive phonerection.

Come back when you've got some hair on your balls.

I think the joke's on you guys this time, I was being sarcastic as fuck.

I don't understand. What does ass have to do with anything?

Also. Are you joking or leaving again? I don't understand de yout.

It was a joke.

Your dedication to pseudo-fascist political entities is commendable.

And worrying.

At this stage, its like you're spilling the beans all over my dirty laundry, airing it briefly before stuffing it all in a bag with a cat inside and then releasing the mixture in the crosshairs of a spotlight. Just stahp.

Meanwhile, the rest of yall be mad drama llamas

CHEEZMO™;140807140 said:
p wankered rn

hope i wake up in time for the meet not another of these big uns for 6 months lol

Can you change your avatar back to what it was. This one makes me add a kind of smug inflection to whatever you post when I read it in my head.

AcridMeat

Banned
This page is weird...I'm still laughing though.

Went to a People Under The Stairs show with my two best buds who were in town. Fun as hell night, they gave out limited Thanksgiving LPs as well (that may be lost amongst those here).
So apparently I have a thing for Irish girls. It must be dat accent.
They're lovely.

Volotaire

Well that was .. odd (a lot of people banned too). My two cents from statistics is that you will never know what life you would have had if you took an alternative route, so go with the best. i.e. nightlife is probably going to be the homogeneous at all the universities; it's the amount of effort you put into going out that will affect it (if nightlife is a concern). Therefore, personally, I think it's only logical to go for some of the better preforming unis. Also related to sploatees's point, I agree there are an increasing amount of firms that will only look at the top 6, top 3, universities, Russell Group, or even only the Magic Circle.

Also, not too keen on the Star Wars teaser with some of the effects, but I like the scene where the main actor was in the desert bewildered.

Chinner

Banned
I've looked through the last few pages and SuperSah doesn't mention nightlife at all. It is mentioned by other posters and then skewed into being SuperSah's the main criteria for choosing a university.

The Star Wars trailer was okay, but I've never been a big fan of the franchise. Looks better than the prequels. It does give me hope that they'll use more scenery with CGI elements, as opposed to actors standing and talking in front of CGI backdrops for the entire movie like the prequel trilogy.

SmokyDave

Sigh. Never forget you're posting on a heavily sanitised American forum people.

Far Cry 4 is great. Very little has changed between 3 other than the setting but that's fine because 3 was great and Kyrat is a much cooler setting for me.
Ah man. I really need to play it. Fucking loved FC3.

SuperSah

Banned
I've looked through the last few pages and SuperSah doesn't mention nightlife at all. It is mentioned by other posters and then skewed into being SuperSah's the main criteria for choosing a university.

The Star Wars trailer was okay, but I've never been a big fan of the franchise. Looks better than the prequels. It does give me hope that they'll use more scenery with CGI elements, as opposed to actors standing and talking in front of CGI backdrops for the entire movie like the prequel trilogy.

Pretty much.

The trailer was decent, I actually like the look of it, so hopefully it's better than EP. 1/2/3.

8bit

Knows the Score
The Star Wars trailer at least does show the universe as dirty & grungey, something the prequels seemed to gloss over. At this point I'd be happy with being reasonably entertained for an hour or so though.

The Star Wars trailer at least does show the universe as dirty & grungey, something the prequels seemed to gloss over. At this point I'd be happy with being reasonably entertained for an hour or so though.

I'd say that dirty grungy look is only there because they're keeping the original designs. In the prequels you got fuck ugly "precursors" to TIE Fighters and X-wings. As said earlier, they've seen fit to modernize things slightly like the stormtrooper helmets etc.

I wonder whether some of the classic Star Wars staples will survive, like the wipes into new scenes and someone's hand getting cut off at least once per movie.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Why is everyone getting banned? 😔

Imagine I'm playing the trumpet in a mournful way.

Michael Ironside
Dean Spanley
Racist Jed (😄)
Noffs

You are in our thoughts. Please come back soon.

Apart from Noffs, they're all temp, right? Right???

Son Of D

Why is everyone getting banned? 😔

Imagine I'm playing the trumpet in a mournful way.

Michael Ironside
Dean Spanley
Racist Jed (😄)
Noffs

You are in our thoughts. Please come back soon.

Apart from Noffs, they're all temp, right? Right???

You forgot The_Poet. Although he's back on Monday.

But yeah, all temps except Noffs.

Sorry Poet! How did he get banned?!?!

Is there any other OT community as badly behaved as this one?!

Now I feel proud to be British 😄

The_Poet participated in a discussion of the Klu Klux Klan that might have made people somewhat uncomfortable if they skim read his posts.

But really, pic related does sum up this dark corner of the forum

37Afbcu.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Tonight Alive are doing a meet and greet at Pulp in Arndale, Manchester. Cy would cream his pants, he loves those twee, emo pop funsters.

To be fair, Jenna McDougall is kind of fine. I saw her through the crowds but wasn't going to queue just to touch her hair.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'd say that dirty grungy look is only there because they're keeping the original designs. In the prequels you got fuck ugly "precursors" to TIE Fighters and X-wings. As said earlier, they've seen fit to modernize things slightly like the stormtrooper helmets etc.

I wonder whether some of the classic Star Wars staples will survive, like the wipes into new scenes and someone's hand getting cut off at least once per movie.

Ah, good point on the helmets.

Did I miss something or have folk been banned for others complaining about hurt feelings?

11OBJ

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
God almighty learning how to give tours, how to lift boxes and not to flirt with or give numbers to primary school kids is tedious. Cannot believe I spent seven hours on that.

Still, got to flirt with a cute co-worker/person in my department. So not all bad.

[insert creepy gif here]

NinjaBoiX

It's not even worth denying, is it?
Of course not, I wear my Paramore badge with a kind of sick, ironic pride even though my musical taste is varied, discerning and wide ranging in the main.
Ah, good point on the helmets.

Did I miss something or have folk been banned for others complaining about hurt feelings?

11OBJ
To be fair, I think it was the "snivelling little shit" and "whiny little bitch" comments more than anything else.

Also, that gif is amaze, haha.

Edit: the Christmas markets are looking so good right now! It's like the stalls are giving you a warm, cozy, Christmassy hug.

Symphonia

Banned
Of course not, I wear my Paramore badge with a kind of sick, ironic pride even though my musical taste is varied, wide ranging and discerning in the main.
My taste in music has expanded over the last year by a Hell of a lot, but my heart will always belomg to Paramore. And, more recently, We Are The In Crowd. Tay Jardine is just on another level.

NinjaBoiX

Cy, you probably missed it when I was banging on incessantly about my new musical obsession. If you like the whole female led rock thing you should give them a whirl. They're certainly a lot less poppy than Paramore et al, and more into the realms of metal/math rock, but they do have some fairly poppy radio friendly unit shifters in their catalogue:

Marmozets - Why Do You Hate Me?

Lead single from their debut and quite poppy.

Marmozets - Captivate You

Probably the most accessible track on the record and basically a Paramore-esque ballad.

Marmozets - Hit The Wave

The big stadium filling anthem, fucking love it.

I'd be intrigued to know what you think.

Symphonia

Banned
Those are some damn fine tunes, Ninj. A bit heavier than I'm used to with Paramore and WATIC but it"s quite a refreshing change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom