• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Sploats, I am playing

DRAGON AGE

well I was until it crashed, but I have been playing it. I like it, both better than what I expect and at the same time exactly what I expected, by which I mean the combat is awful and switching to other classes hasn't made it better, but it's bearable enough and the rest of the game is enjoyable.

Except those line puzzle things, fuck that, this is almost as bad as putting in those slider puzzles.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
CHEEZMO™;140989498 said:
none tbh, altho i did share a not-quite-double bed with 3 other people but that doesnt count

Dammit cheez! You're ruining your image!

There has been a lot more drama than usual. Everyone seems stressed and on edge. We all just need to go back to normal and get along.

I thought the drama was over now. Let it go. Just let it go.

Sploats, I am playing

DRAGON AGE

well I was until it crashed, but I have been playing it. I like it, both better than what I expect and at the same time exactly what I expected, by which I mean the combat is awful and switching to other classes hasn't made it better, but it's bearable enough and the rest of the game is enjoyable.

Except those line puzzle things, fuck that, this is almost as bad as putting in those slider puzzles.

The combat's not so bad; maybe try upping the difficulty?. At least it has some heft to it (COUGH MORDOR). Glad you are enjoying it though. It's my Official PS4 Game of the Year (despite all the bugs and glitches).

I have a suspicion that Emma's got me an Xbox One for Christmas. I will be happy if this is true. Titanfall! And as I've never played any of the Haloes, Halo! I care for her, she keeps me in games. I am happy with this.

Trying to do some arts but can't stop feeling the creeping dread of the work week starting again tomorrow. Does anybody else start to get this feeling around this time every Sunday?

Symphonia

Banned
tumblr_mzk4jklBvb1smap2fo1_500.gif

8bit

Knows the Score
Dammit cheez! You're ruining your image!

I thought the drama was over now. Let it go. Just let it go.

The combat's not so bad; maybe try upping the difficulty?. At least it has some heft to it (COUGH MORDOR). Glad you are enjoying it though. It's my Official PS4 Game of the Year (despite all the bugs and glitches).

I have a suspicion that Emma's got me an Xbox One for Christmas. I will be happy if this is true. Titanfall! And as I've never played any of the Haloes, Halo! I care for her, she keeps me in games. I am happy with this.

Trying to do some arts but can't stop feeling the creeping dread of the work week starting again tomorrow. Does anybody else start to get this feeling around this time every Sunday?

Titanfall is a tenner on xboxstore this weekend. Bought one this week for Sunset Overdrive or whatever it's called, someone described it as Jet Set Radio meets Crackdown and that's a magical combination for me. Have been really enjoying Dead Rising 3, was a bit disappointed when it looked as if it had done away with the levity of the game, but it nails the atmosphere with an amazingly good John Carpenter-esque soundtrack. Also, every videogame cutscene should have the protagonist wearing a Servbot head.

Reknoc

Dunno, if that'll help, it just mechanically feels poor, hold attack press hotbar buttons, it's basically the combat in TERA. In fact the whole game feels like a single player mmo. Still good though.

also PS4 related: GTAV is still good, Samurai Warriors 4 is still good. I played the demo of Destiny that's floating around now, seemed okay despite my dislike of RPG + FPS mechanic, will probably buy the full game. Since I had the demo already installed I thought I would be better off getting it digitally but £55 lmao. no.

Hot diggity-damn it's satisfying to kill dragons in Dragon Age Inquisition. They're an actual challenge and there's only 10 flung out across the entire game. In comparison, Skyrim's ten-a-penny dragons are a load of shite.

Just beat my fourth one and managed to do it without a single party member going down. Get me.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

I work every day of the week :'( There is no end.

On a cheerier note, is DA: I any good? I have not gone next gen yet so your comparison with Mordor doesn't work for me. How tactical is the combat (relative to DA/BG2)?

Also what are the good games for PS4? I'm dead set on MGS and GTA but what are the hidden gems?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wow Furry Tavern. Nice one, Cheez.

Tashbrooke is evolving into KentPaul. No one press B.

Be nice to Sah, he's a good kid.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
On a cheerier note, is DA: I any good? I have not gone next gen yet so your comparison with Mordor doesn't work for me. How tactical is the combat (relative to DA/BG2)?
I've not actually played it but everyone I've spoken to that has it absolutely loves it. Definitely a GOTY contender according to the BCT.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Titanfall is a tenner on xboxstore this weekend. Bought one this week for Sunset Overdrive or whatever it's called, someone described it as Jet Set Radio meets Crackdown and that's a magical combination for me. Have been really enjoying Dead Rising 3, was a bit disappointed when it looked as if it had done away with the levity of the game, but it nails the atmosphere with an amazingly good John Carpenter-esque soundtrack. Also, every videogame cutscene should have the protagonist wearing a Servbot head.

Sounds good! How are you finding it? How does it compare to the other two consoles?

Titanfall is the thing I'd like to play the most. It looks like the perfect game to play in short, intense bursts and looks like it might be a bit more noobie-friendly than Advanced Warfare.

Dunno, if that'll help, it just mechanically feels poor, hold attack press hotbar buttons, it's basically the combat in TERA. In fact the whole game feels like a single player mmo. Still good though.

also PS4 related: GTAV is still good, Samurai Warriors 4 is still good. I played the demo of Destiny that's floating around now, seemed okay despite my dislike of RPG + FPS mechanic, will probably buy the full game. Since I had the demo already installed I thought I would be better off getting it digitally but £55 lmao. no.

Ah...I don't know about how it is on PC. On console it feels quite chunky and satisfying. I actually had to turn the difficulty down from hard to normal because I was doing so badly. So it could be more to do with me not being used to these kinds of games.

I still play Destiny now and again. It's worth picking up, imo. I like the PvP because I'm average instead of terrible. The DLC comes out soon too. I'm not very excited for it, because I really don't want to have to start planning my life around a game, but it might be nice to play over the Christmas break when I'm not in work.

CHEEZMO™;141010846 said:

I want to hug you all! You all look very huggable.

Also what are the good games for PS4? I'm dead set on MGS and GTA but what are the hidden gems?

You can't work every day of the week, surely!? That's insanity.

I've not played either of those games. I think you can play it tactically but I'm not sure how deep it really is. I've gotten into a groove where I'll send in my two tanks while me and my mage sit back and attack from distance. The tactical view is very zoomed-in - to the point of being crap, really. So, just from my experience of playing more tactical games, I'm gonna go with 'not really very tactical unless you play at a harder level.".

It's the world and characters which really keep me interested. I'd say that exploration is really the essence of it; wandering around huge maps, finding bits of lore and new areas and doing little quests before going back and seeing how everyone is doing.

Hidden gems...umm. Not that well hidden, but I'd say Resogun is the best exclusive on the platform. Fez is just transcendent. Counterspy was great fun. And Rogue Legacy turned me into an addict for a week.

---

Separate topic, 8bit and Screaming Meat (or anyone else who listens to incomprehensible music), can you recommend me some good noise / drone music? I've been listening to some Merzbow, Boredoms and Acid Mothers Temple but I can't quite find what I'm looking for. Something with lots of noise but also hypnotic. Fennesz-y but not Fennesz.

DA:I is sehr gut. At least, I like it a lot. Big world, lots to see and do, decisions to make etc. If Bioware's characters/dialogue thing is your cup of tea that's also good/good enough. Combat is a little bit mashy; spam attack button while juggling cooldown abilities. I'm a sword'n'shield warrior type and it's fun to charge in and smash shit; there's a sense of feedback to the combat which is quite good even if something like a bear can take an unreal amount of damage. The accusation might be that enemies are damage sponges and I can't convincingly argue otherwise. However, I'm rarely bored by a fight.

For me, the game is the big juicy rpg I wanted for the PS4. I've been playing it since the 21st for hours everyday and there's still a ton of things to do. To say nothing of how obviously replayable it will be.

I don't normally gush but there you are.

8bit

Knows the Score
Sounds good! How are you finding it? How does it compare to the other two consoles?
---

Separate topic, 8bit and Screaming Meat (or anyone else who listens to incomprehensible music), can you recommend me some good noise / drone music? I've been listening to some Merzbow, Boredoms and Acid Mothers Temple but I can't quite find what I'm looking for. Something with lots of noise but also hypnotic. Fennesz-y but not Fennesz.

Haven't tried Titanfall yet but I'm in for a tenner. I'm a sucker for big robot fighting stuff though, really enjoyed Chromehounds & Lost Planet on the 360 for that kind of thing in the past.

The console is kind of like a beefed up 360, nothing really new but does what it needs to do.

Music wise, I'd suggest Ben Frost - Aurora. Stumbled on that as one of the tracks is named for my surname and it's kind of noisy but maybe too beaty? From there, Haxan Cloak, Demdike Stare but might be too Fennesz-y for your tastes. Also digging Autechre at Krakow but similar disclaimers.

Have you ever heard Terry Riley - You're No Good? This is one of my most favouristest tracks ever.

Reknoc

Ah...I don't know about how it is on PC. On console it feels quite chunky and satisfying. I actually had to turn the difficulty down from hard to normal because I was doing so badly. So it could be more to do with me not being used to these kinds of games.

I still play Destiny now and again. It's worth picking up, imo. I like the PvP because I'm average instead of terrible. The DLC comes out soon too. I'm not very excited for it, because I really don't want to have to start planning my life around a game, but it might be nice to play over the Christmas break when I'm not in work.

I'll have to try it with a controller, there was that thread on gaming side complaining about the KB+M controls, maybe I should have paid attention! I do know what you mean by chunky though the animations really feel like you're hitting something.

Played a bit mor destiny and felt a bit eh on it. Seems like there's a real loot draught for a loot game. Only seen one chest since the tutorial but I dunno if that's because they're rare or if I've just been missing them because none have stood out in the game. I'll probably still get it, got this copy of LBP3 that I can trade in towards it.

Also pretty funny to think that Peter Dinklage has talked about wizards more within like an hour of some sci if shooter than the entirety of his time in a huge fantasy to show.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Elliot Smith - Melodic Noise

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be remiss if I didn't chuck some Hand of Stabs in too, Sploatee.

I've asked my mate for some other suggestions too. He's a Drone Head of the highest calibre but lacks communication skills. I'll let you know if he gets back to me with any quality suggestions.

Symphonia

Banned
Meh. Some cheeky sod has been ripping cables out of the ground on train lines into Manchester, so now I'm going to be late in, and now I'll have to drive in.
Ah, the joys of the daily commute. Makes me sonewhat happy to be self-employed. I can't fire myself for being late. The Christnas party is pretty shit, though.

Good morning, BritGAF. How are we all?

my train has been cancelled so it's a short train to warrington bank quay, then a fifty minute walk to central, then another thirty minute train to manchester.

looking at flats in manchester central tomorrow and going to choose one regardless just to end this stupid shit.

Meh. Some cheeky sod has been ripping cables out of the ground on train lines into Manchester, so now I'm going to be late in, and now I'll have to drive in.

oh look at that. fuck cheeky sods.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There are some proper plebs in the world. The other day I was walking down the street when a plastic bottle of the Coca Cola variety happened to roll into my feet. Of course the momentum of my strolling cause it to rebound and scuttle off in another direction where it happened to bump into someone else's foot. Instead of doing what a civilised person would do and ignore it they decided the best way to react was make a big deal about it (he said something but it was all hoodlum speak so I didn't bother to take it in) and then throw the bottle at me when my back was turned.

Well at least I can take pleasure in knowing that he'll likely be dead in a week's time because if that is his reaction to something as minor as that, then he'll probably end up offing himself as a result of witnessing something truly horrific like a cyclist skipping a red light.

Hello Brit GAF! I've been lurking this thread for years but never got an account due to personal reasons. I finally got my validation today though, hoooray!! I know a lot about you guys, here's something about me:

When is your birthday: 06 December
Where do you live: Shacklesford, Surrey
Where are you from: Elstead, Surrey
What do you do: Long term unemployed
What is your quest: To find out the identity of my biological parents
Favourite actor/actress: June Brown <3
Favourite band/artist: 30 Seconds to Mars / Alt J / Banksy
Favourite TV show: TOWIE!!!
Favourite crisps: I love all McCoys apart from Cheese and Onion, Salt and Vinegar and King prawn
Favourite biscuit: Garibaldis but only if you pull them apart and eat each section separately
Least favourite Pokémon: LOL! How can you have a least favourite pokemon? It's like having a least favourite flavour of McCoys! LOL
Stalactites or stalagmites: Heather Small
How do you cut your sandwiches: with a knife, but sometimes I will tear them.

Also, my favourite poster is Cyanide Strike. When he came back, it was like when Nick Cotton came back from the dead on Eastenders. A proper duffa. "Hi ma, I'm home" doof doof duf duf duffa duffa

awshucks.gif

I like this guy.

Phil-Thumbs-Up.gif

Since this thread is my second favourite soap opera (not as good as Eastenders but much better than Corrie LOL), what were you up to while you were away Cy?? Were you in Spain like all the other people do on soap operas? Ha ha. I feel like I need an hour long special filmed on location about your life.

NinjaBoiX

Hi roundabout! You seem like a swell guy.

I like Hayley Williams and her band The Paramores a whole bunch, it's kind of my thing.

Hello Brit GAF! I've been lurking this thread for years but never got an account due to personal reasons. I finally got my validation today though, hoooray!! I know a lot about you guys, here's something about me:

When is your birthday: 06 December
Where do you live: Shacklesford, Surrey
Where are you from: Elstead, Surrey
What do you do: Long term unemployed
What is your quest: To find out the identity of my biological parents
Favourite actor/actress: June Brown <3
Favourite band/artist: 30 Seconds to Mars / Alt J / Banksy
Favourite TV show: TOWIE!!!
Favourite crisps: I love all McCoys apart from Cheese and Onion, Salt and Vinegar and King prawn
Favourite biscuit: Garibaldis but only if you pull them apart and eat each section separately
Least favourite Pokémon: LOL! How can you have a least favourite pokemon? It's like having a least favourite flavour of McCoys! LOL
Stalactites or stalagmites: Heather Small
How do you cut your sandwiches: with a knife, but sometimes I will tear them.

Also, my favourite poster is Cyanide Strike. When he came back, it was like when Nick Cotton came back from the dead on Eastenders. A proper duffa. "Hi ma, I'm home" doof doof duf duf duffa duffa

Welcome newbie! Stick around, we're a fun bunch in here. Btw I love 30STM too! I think we're going to get along :D

Chinner

Banned
I

This depends on what consoles you have previously played and how much you game. I assume you have played MGS: Ground Zeroes, if you haven't then you should get it and you should be able to pick up cheap. Otherwise, the suggestions from sploatee are pretty good. I would also recommend Abe's Oddysee remake, P.T and the Metro collection.

Thanks, but now I'm a little scared

No need to be scared! I wouldn't hurt a fly <3

Vashetti! I love your posts. How's the job going? Was Black Friday mental in your shop too? What was the best deal you had? Where do you live again? I saw stuff about it on the news, it looked really scary with all those people.

It's cold here today, I don't want to turn the heating on because that's WAY too expensive LOL. But I am wearing 3 t-shirts and a hoody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom