• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
Vashetti! I love your posts. How's the job going? Was Black Friday mental in your shop too? What was the best deal you had? Where do you live again? I saw stuff about it on the news, it looked really scary with all those people.

Thanks I guess.

I live in Cardiff and work in a small, recently opened Co-op food store. I don't think we even acknowledged Black Friday in our store because we don't sell the kind of thing that would get discounted.

I wasn't in on Friday anyway, but from what I heard it was just like a regular day in my store ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks for the music tips! 8bit , so far Ben Frost seems good (need to listen a bit more) , the Terry Riley track is great (but not on Spotify!) and the Haxan Cloak is a bit too dark for me.

I'm working my way through, though.

Hi Roundabout! I feel like I know you from somewhere.

Also....on second thoughts im wondering about getting a 360 instead of an Xbox One. The games are pretty cheap and I can pick up all the games I missed... Dark Souls, Bioshock and tons of XBLA games. Does anyone know if you can get Radiant Silvergun and Rez on the UK store?

Thanks I guess.

I live in Cardiff and work in a small, recently opened Co-op food store. I don't think we even acknowledged Black Friday in our store because we don't sell the kind of thing that would get discounted.

I wasn't in on Friday anyway, but from what I heard it was just like a regular day in my store ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Phew, you're lucky then. I heard some people in Scotland were biting people, horrifying.

roundabout knows everything about everyone. No one is safe.

Your secrets are safe with me!

Also....on second thoughts im wondering about getting a 360 instead of an Xbox One. The games are pretty cheap and I can pick up all the games I missed... Dark Souls, Bioshock and tons of XBLA games. Does anyone know if you can get Radiant Silvergun and Rez on the UK store?

Hi!

I think get a 360, I know Rez is on it for sure because I had it when I was a kid. the best 360 game was Deathsmiles. Best packaging ever! ;) LOL

Chinner

Banned

Unless you know you really want a Xbox One, then getting aX360 before hand is probably the safer bet. Both of those games should be on XBL, and REZ is awesome.

8bit

Knows the Score
Thanks for the music tips! 8bit , so far Ben Frost seems good (need to listen a bit more) , the Terry Riley track is great (but not on Spotify!) and the Haxan Cloak is a bit too dark for me.

I'm working my way through, though.

If you haven't had a 360, get that instead. Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga, Rez, Space Invaders Extreme, Space Giraffe (maybe, might have disappeared), PacMan DX among others.

Reknoc

This is a good idea, you can get Deadly Premonition.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
you popped online mutliple times yesterday whilst i was leading my xcom men into certain death and i kept thinking i had unlocked some 'oh good god man stop playing' achievement.
but no.
it was just you.

I read that all in the voice of GlaDOS. Make of that what you will.

How you finding ze new XCom? I need to finish that myself.

Hello Brit GAF! I've been lurking this thread for years but never got an account due to personal reasons. I finally got my validation today though, hoooray!! I know a lot about you guys, here's something about me:

When is your birthday: 06 December
Where do you live: Shacklesford, Surrey
Where are you from: Elstead, Surrey
What do you do: Long term unemployed
What is your quest: To find out the identity of my biological parents
Favourite actor/actress: June Brown <3
Favourite band/artist: 30 Seconds to Mars / Alt J / Banksy
Favourite TV show: TOWIE!!!
Favourite crisps: I love all McCoys apart from Cheese and Onion, Salt and Vinegar and King prawn
Favourite biscuit: Garibaldis but only if you pull them apart and eat each section separately
Least favourite Pokémon: LOL! How can you have a least favourite pokemon? It's like having a least favourite flavour of McCoys! LOL
Stalactites or stalagmites: Heather Small
How do you cut your sandwiches: with a knife, but sometimes I will tear them.

Also, my favourite poster is Cyanide Strike. When he came back, it was like when Nick Cotton came back from the dead on Eastenders. A proper duffa. "Hi ma, I'm home" doof doof duf duf duffa duffa

Salt and vinegar is the best flavour of McCoy's, followed by flame grilled steak. Good choice.

Also since you watch soaps, tell me, do you watch Neighbours? It's full of stunning women.

I read that all in the voice of GlaDOS. Make of that what you will.

How you finding ze new XCom? I need to finish that myself.
i am quite potato-like.

i love it. i loved the last one/vanilla experience but now i have disembodied heads attached to killer flamethrower-wielding robots who have sacrificed the last ounce of their humanity for the xcom cause. what is left of a man who sheds flesh for iron and steel? when little remains of the xeno threat, will there even be a place for them in the new world? in the fresh light of dawn will we welcome our metal once-brethren?
no. because they're weird.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
i am quite potato-like.

i love it. i loved the last one/vanilla experience but now i have disembodied heads attached to killer flamethrower-wielding robots who have sacrificed the last ounce of their humanity for the xcom cause. what is left of a man who sheds flesh for iron and steel? when little remains of the xeno threat, will there even be a place for them in the new world? in the fresh light of dawn will we welcome our metal once-brethren?
no. because they're weird.

No, friend. Post-Xeno will be a brave new world where even veteran death-machines will find a place free of prejudice. If they can't get sponsorship deals or toy ranges, they will become the new generation of road sweepers, lollipop persons and burger flippers.

*zzz*DO YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT*zzz*

...and we're back to potatoes. A fearful symmetry.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks for all of the input!

I'm just about to 'click the trigger' but am getting last minute second thoughts that I'm gonna get it and it'll feel really outdated and I'll regret it when some fancy game comes out for the One. Argh. First world problems.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I'm just about to 'click the trigger' but am getting last minute second thoughts that I'm gonna get it and it'll feel really outdated and I'll regret it when some fancy game comes out for the One. Argh. First world problems.

Personally, I ain't seen nothing worth jumping gens for yet.

Salt and vinegar is the best flavour of McCoy's, followed by flame grilled steak. Good choice.

Also since you watch soaps, tell me, do you watch Neighbours? It's full of stunning women.

I did watch an episode of Neighbours recently for the first time since it moved to ch5. It was actually pretty funny! Toadie and his wife(?) were pretending to be nudists LOL! I used to love it when I was little though. I prefer my soaps home-grown these days, I think Eastenders is incredible, it's so instructional. No matter what you are going through, there's a story to relate to. Fatboy is my fave!

8bit

Knows the Score

You could spend a year going through the XBLA content, it's really good for arcadey stuff.

JoeNut

guess i didnt read the OP to fill this out:

When is your birthday: 11 Nov 1988
Where do you live: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Where are you from: same
What do you do: Credit Insurance sales
What is your quest: to become so rich i run out of things to buy
Favourite actor/actress: Denzel W
Favourite band/artist: The White Stripes probably, i dont really listen to music.
Favourite TV show: The Walking Dead
Favourite crisps: Spicy Doritos
Favourite biscuit: Tunnocks Wafers are decent?
Least favourite Pokémon: Voltorb, just a pokeball with a face, stupid.
Stalactites or stalagmites: mites push up with all their might i believe, so i will go for them.
How do you cut your sandwiches: with haste

I did watch an episode of Neighbours recently for the first time since it moved to ch5. It was actually pretty funny! Toadie and his wife(?) were pretending to be nudists LOL! I used to love it when I was little though. I prefer my soaps home-grown these days, I think Eastenders is incredible, it's so instructional. No matter what you are going through, there's a story to relate to. Fatboy is my fave!

Toadfish is still on Neighbours?? How old is he now? I remember him being a little kid! Soaps really are a job for life for some actors.

8bit

Knows the Score
I don't think they'll be as flaky these days with the new design and what not, but I'd get a new one just so you're covered for a replacement if it does go wrong. I bought my first one in 2007, had three replacements between then and now but those were the old whiteish ones (it doesn't even have HDMI).

Just make sure you get one with a decently sized hard drive though. 4Gb is nothing.

I wouldn't expect XBLA to disappear, but some games might disappear from the marketplace depending on licensing. However, if you buy something MS seem to be pretty good at making it available even if it's no longer for sale.

Symphonia

Banned
You...you mean you want to eat some quiche, right?

Wait.
Hayley-Williams-Wink-Reaction-Gif.gif

Toadfish is still on Neighbours?? How old is he now? I remember him being a little kid! Soaps really are a job for life for some actors.

I quite recently had a dream in which I met the actor who played Toadfish, Ryan Moloney. In the dream I was trying to get down from somewhere high but I was scared to rappel down. Finally I plucked up the courage and grabbed the rope. Halfway down, Moloney was there and I stopped everything to do an impression of him as Toadfish. We both laughed. It was the best dream ever.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm warning you, turning off these machines would be extremely hazardous.

Noted!

I don't think they'll be as flaky these days with the new design and what not, but I'd get a new one just so you're covered for a replacement if it does go wrong. I bought my first one in 2007, had three replacements between then and now but those were the old whiteish ones (it doesn't even have HDMI).

Just make sure you get one with a decently sized hard drive though. 4Gb is nothing.

I wouldn't expect XBLA to disappear, but some games might disappear from the marketplace depending on licensing. However, if you buy something MS seem to be pretty good at making it available even if it's no longer for sale.

Ta! 360 it is. Time to play some actual real mega good games!

There used to be some quiche in here but it wasn't quite ready yet.

Owen Bowen, last of us ps4 is 20 on PSN today, just FYI.

CAN I JUST SAY ITS REALLY BOUNCY AND CHIRPY IN HERE TODAY I LIKE IT

NinjaBoiX

Yo Sploatson, I still want to buy your copy of TLoU if you still want to sell it. I hope this isn't a precursor to you renaging on our deal woman.

We'll catch up for tea and cake at yours sometime this week and carry out the aforementioned, previously agreed transaction.

Either that, or we have a huge falling out. Like, major. Your choice.

You have until dawn to decide.
oiz0YMP.jpg

I dunno, just 'cos.

guess i didnt read the OP to fill this out:

When is your birthday: 11 Nov 1988
Where do you live: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Where are you from: same
What do you do: Credit Insurance sales
What is your quest: to become so rich i run out of things to buy
Favourite actor/actress: Denzel W
Favourite band/artist: The White Stripes probably, i dont really listen to music.
Favourite TV show: The Walking Dead
Favourite crisps: Spicy Doritos
Favourite biscuit: Tunnocks Wafers are decent?
Least favourite Pokémon: Voltorb, just a pokeball with a face, stupid.
Stalactites or stalagmites: mites push up with all their might i believe, so i will go for them.
How do you cut your sandwiches: with haste

Welcome another newbie! I'm guessing they've done a spate of newbie approvals recently.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I don't even believe TOWIE is an accurate representation of humans LOL! These people are better than humans

Hahaha! They are our next evolutionary step. Get yarr fake tan on Nouwww! Welcome btw.

Yo Sploatson, I still want to buy your copy of TLoU if you still want to sell it. I hope this isn't a precursor to you renaging on our deal woman.

We'll catch up for tea and cake at yours sometime this week and carry out the aforementioned, previously agreed transaction.

Either that, or we have a huge falling out. Like, major. Your choice.

You have until dawn to decide.

oiz0YMP.jpg

I dunno, just 'cos.

No, just in case you wanted it digitally! I'm trying to travel light when it comes to games and just keep ones that I know I'll replay.

Welcome another newbie! I'm guessing they've done a spate of newbie approvals recently.

Yes, welcome JoeNut!

NinjaBoiX

Cool sploatee, I'll just buy your copy then. I prefer to have the boxed copy, plus, I only have my 20gig limit on my phone for Internet access so downloading isn't really an option!

Cy, post Disney gifs mane, you're stealing my shtick here boyo.

Also, this has been playing in my head all day, such a happy tune:

"My beloved monster and me,
We go everywhere together,
Wearing a raincoat that has four sleeves,
Gets us through all kinds of weather,"

Eels - My Beloved Monster

Mark Everett is one of my favourite lyricists.

I quite recently had a dream in which I met the actor who played Toadfish, Ryan Moloney. In the dream I was trying to get down from somewhere high but I was scared to rappel down. Finally I plucked up the courage and grabbed the rope. Halfway down, Moloney was there and I stopped everything to do an impression of him as Toadfish. We both laughed. It was the best dream ever.

I'm sure there's a deeper meaning to this, but I don't know what it is.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Like Deadly Premonition!

I'll add it to the list! I'm not gonna backlog as it messes with my head. I start getting worried about all the games im not playing (I can still see W101 staring at me saying "y u start Bayo 2 without finishing me?!"

Dark Souls is the first thing. Then I'll have dragon age, dark souls and Bayo 2 to flip between. That's damn good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom