• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
IjaTLtC.jpg

Margot Robbie.....hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg! Escaping to AussieGAF.
EDIT: Yess, new page worthy!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Omg you guys are fascinated by old snacks, huh?

Omg rememberer when the shit we ate was called different things than it is now?!

I for one am crying nostalgia tears for when starburst were called opal fruits... Our something

#Ready_Salted

Symphonia

Banned
What's those sweets that are kind of like Starburst/Opal Fruits? I remember the advert for them in the 90's having 'I'm Too Sexy...' by Right Said Fred.

SmokyDave

Just picked up my new smart TV. It has no bezel. None. Just a big ass screen. I'm so excited I could puke. Got to sit through an afternoon of work tapping my feet impatiently like a child.

NinjaBoiX

Fruitella was the shit. Chewy, fruit-based confectionary of choice a 13 year old Ninj.

Also, just got a pair of pure white Adidas Superstar II's for £25 in the January sales. Aww yeah! The Freemont Originals I was after for Crimbo are back in stock as well, but they'll have to wait now.

Just picked up my new smart TV. It has no bezel. None. Just a big ass screen. I'm so excited I could puke. Got to sit through an afternoon of work tapping my feet impatiently like a child.
Sounds sexy brah. I bet the movement is lush. Whenever I go to see the olds, the main thing I notice about their flash telly is how smoothly everything moves, no ghosting or anything.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Fish'n'chips get

Picked up a few bags for friends and put them on the conveyor belt at the checkout, and the woman in front of me went 'where did you get those!?' and ran off to buy some :)

what did you get? I've gone increasingly small bezeled - I have a limited space in my TV unit so the only way I can get a bigger TV is to get a smaller bezel. Now at a 50" (Sony W685) and thats the limit.

SmokyDave

Sounds sexy brah. I bet the movement is lush. Whenever I go to see the olds, the main thing I notice about their flash telly is how smoothly everything moves, no ghosting or anything.
800mhz Motionflow. Makes gamers seethe with rage but drops knickers at 100 paces.

I've dropped it off at home but had to come back to work. I've got this irrational fear that the cat is going to piss all over the box and break it before I get home.

In related news, this means I can move the 42" into the office and have it for my Gran Turismo rig. Sweet.

what did you get? I've gone increasingly small bezeled - I have a limited space in my TV unit so the only way I can get a bigger TV is to get a smaller bezel. Now at a 50" (Sony W685) and thats the limit.
It's an LG47LA860W. My first 3D TV!

They do a 55" model too. The remote control is nuts, it's like a Wiimote. You shake it and a cursor appears on screen and then it's all gyro controlled. Slick as fuck.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
800mhz Motionflow. Makes gamers seethe with rage but drops knickers at 100 paces.

I've dropped it off at home but had to come back to work. I've got this irrational fear that the cat is going to piss all over the box and break it before I get home.

In related news, this means I can move the 42" into the office and have it for my Gran Turismo rig. Sweet.

They do a 55" model too. The remote control is nuts, it's like a Wiimote. You shake it and a cursor appears on screen and then it's all gyro controlled. Slick as fuck.

All of which is lovely. But let's be real here. Can it run Soul Sacrifice?

f0rk

Was LG the people who had the smart TV with a camera that watched you and sent pictures back to them? I might be making that up but someone was up to some crazy shit with smart TVs.

SmokyDave

Goddamn it's freezing. Hibernation seems like a good idea.

All of which is lovely. But let's be real here. Can it run Soul Sacrifice?
It can when Sony pull their finger out and launch the bloody Vita TV!

Was LG the people who had the smart TV with a camera that watched you and sent pictures back to them? I might be making that up but someone was up to some crazy shit with smart TVs.
Oh man I hope so. I'll have a big wank later just in case.

(You can pop the camera up and down. It's staying down).

afoni

Banned
running on fumes right now

woke up at 2am this morning and I have been going on strong

if i can make it to 10pm then i consider this a successful STAY UP period

running on fumes right now

woke up at 2am this morning and I have been going on strong

if i can make it to 10pm then i consider this a successful STAY UP period

Have you been outside?

If you haven't and you don't need to, I would do it anyway. Fresh air can help sustain you.

So many times when I was at uni I would have to slink out wearing sunglasses on overcast days because I hadn't seen sunlight in too long.

afoni

Banned
I went to Tesco to get some lunch and energy drinks earlier, but I'm afraid if I have another drink my foot will fall off.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So in my town there is this really shitty music festival thing every summer in the town centre (opposite costas, the pound shop and one of those weekly payment stores). I think I'm playing it! Any of you guys fancy an Aldershot minimeet on July 26?

Son Of D

Things and stuff are going well down here. Just need to contact my old College or a learning centre/provider so I can take a short course (or exam) in English level 2 (GCSE grade C or Functional Skills level 2). Got an email from London Southbank University giving me a conditional offer that requires I get the aforementioned English level 2 before September. Going to get that done ASAP.

Mikeside

So in my town there is this really shitty music festival thing every summer in the town centre (opposite costas, the pound shop and one of those weekly payment stores). I think I'm playing it! Any of you guys fancy an Aldershot minimeet on July 26?

I'm guessing it's already assumed that I'll be there if at all possible?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Saturday? I'll look into it.

Son Of D

Anyone here have a tablet? Specifically 7 inch ones? I'm looking into getting one but aren't sure what to get. Nexus 7 has been mentioned a few times and someone else mentioned the Samsung Galaxy tab. I'm leaning more towards the Nexus due to more recommendations but it's good to get more opinions.

On a side note: I'm getting a lot of '502 Bad Gateway' errors today, is it just me or is everyone getting these?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah man, this sounds cool!

Sweet! Ps omg dose gifs

I'm guessing it's already assumed that I'll be there if at all possible?

Of course mofo!

Saturday? I'll look into it.

Nice one!

Not super totally confirmed yet, but I got an email saying they'd ask about our stage requirements nearer the time so I assume that means we're in. It promises to be an utter clusterfuck of playing to a disinterested and possibly hostile crowd. I'm actually scared/excited which rarely happens any more. I think it's because this has the greatest possibility of any gig I've played to go horribly, spectacularly wrong.

Mikeside

Not super totally confirmed yet, but I got an email saying they'd ask about our stage requirements nearer the time so I assume that means we're in. It promises to be an utter clusterfuck of playing to a disinterested and possibly hostile crowd. I'm actually scared/excited which rarely happens any more. I think it's because this has the greatest possibility of any gig I've played to go horribly, spectacularly wrong.

Pretty sure I can bring a few people along to this. So far it'll be myself, Zahra and possibly Kev. I'll try for a few more - I know Abby really enjoyed seeing you when I brought her along that time.

8bit

Knows the Score
Anyone here have a tablet? Specifically 7 inch ones? I'm looking into getting one but aren't sure what to get. Nexus 7 has been mentioned a few times and someone else mentioned the Samsung Galaxy tab. I'm leaning more towards the Nexus due to more recommendations but it's good to get more opinions.

On a side note: I'm getting a lot of '502 Bad Gateway' errors today, is it just me or is everyone getting these?

Nah, 502s all over the place here.

I've got a Sony Tablet S which I mostly use for reading Viz and playing Pang/Snow Bros/Rainbow Islands if I'm travelling, but I'd suggest the Nexus especially if it's running Android Kit-Kat. I got a Nexus 5 last week and it's silky smooth, especially compared to my Galaxy Nexus from 2 years previous.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I had an absolutely dreadful day today. It felt like my mind was in about 1,000 different places at once.

But I just platinumed Resogun. I feel like the Empress of all Boom!

Son Of D

At least I'm not the only one. Feeling pretty miserable though. That silence of the night where you suddenly get a lot on your mind.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
just have a wank guys, that knocks me out, afoni, maybe try actually finishing your wank, try not to aim it anywhere dangerous though

afoni

Banned
Tried to get back to sleep, but now I give up. Time to whack out the 3DS and cruise through the day again.

LEFTOVER SHEPHERDS PIE IN THE FRIDGE? Don't mind if I do...

Symphonia

Banned
I'm thinking a trip to the shop first thing in the morning is in order. Red Bull, ready meals and PS4 for the day? Yes. Yes please.

Son Of D

Just got back from a little walk to clear the mind. Involved me doing something that people would consider odd but it's a way to keep myself sane and stable. Not actually as cold as I thought it would be either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom