• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I have decided to post a pic of myself in the pic of yourself thread. I've ummed and ahhed and my solution is to post a daft one because it'll help me get over my mortal fear of anyone I haven't known for at least 5 years seeing my face.
Do eet mane!

As Christina Aguilera once said:

"It's about time that I came to start the party,
Sweat dripping over my body,
Dancing getting just a little naughty,
Wanna get dirty,"

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Do eet mane!

As Christina Aguilera once said:

"It's about time that I came to start the party,
Sweat dripping over my body,
Dancing getting just a little naughty,
Wanna get dirty,"

Hahahahahaha. It's not for meat market purposes! It's to get over my crippling insecurity!

But umm yeah it sounds like I should Include a list of my sexual preferences. And my favourite Pokemon.

Volotaire

I did this once ten years ago but felt so guilty, I walked up to the ticket booth in New Street and paid up.

Someone beside me on a train once asked me what station we were currently at. I had no clue why he asked me it at the time, perhaps he had dozed off. He managed to dodge a £40-60 ticket price since he told the conductor he joined the train within the West midlands region on a Euston - Brum train ride. Bewildering.

so despite it being more movie than 'game' i really, really like the look of the order: 1886. i guess the order: 1887 will fix a few of its potential problems (and have a more up to date roster).

awful jokes aside, beef space invaders are great.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
so despite it being more movie than 'game' i really, really like the look of the order: 1886. i guess the order: 1887 will fix a few of its potential problems (and have a more up to date roster).

God help me, me too. I'm gonna get it, spam the thread with love for it for about a week and then complain that it's too easy and the plot is C tier Hollywood crap. I know it!

What do you call it when you order a drink and it takes 128 years to arrive?

God help me, me too. I'm gonna get it, spam the thread with love for it for about a week and then complain that it's too easy and the plot is C tier Hollywood crap. I know it!

Have you played many old school games? It sounds like you enjoy bastard hard games, and the hardest games I ever played are from the 16/32 bit era.

Also, I don't know, what do you get??

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Have you played many old school games? It sounds like you enjoy bastard hard games, and the hardest games I ever played are from the 16/32 bit era.

Also, I don't know, what do you get??

Oh yeah I have!!! Those were all the games I played growing up. Then I didn't play home console games seriously (oxymoron) until the ps4 came out and I'm like "what is this crap? Collect what? Why? Why is it so easssyyyyyyy????"

You get...

The Order:1886. Duh!

Oh yeah I have!!! Those were all the games I played growing up. Then I didn't play home console games seriously (oxymoron) until the ps4 came out and I'm like "what is this crap? Collect what? Why? Why is it so easssyyyyyyy????"

You get...

Oh oh oh! Super Meat Boy might be the hardest game I've ever played, play that!

I completed Donkey Kong Country 2 last week, that was a ridiculously hard game. 80/90s kids were obviously a hardy breed unlike us millennials. I feel like all the SNES era shooters (R-Type and co) are all too hard by a million and I doubt anyone has ever really completed them.

And that was a clever joke LOL! Too clever for me I fear!

Symphonia

Banned
tumblr_mdcgs9j02x1ri9yduo1_500.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Context!

Oh oh oh! Super Meat Boy might be the hardest game I've ever played, play that!

I completed Donkey Kong Country 2 last week, that was a ridiculously hard game. 80/90s kids were obviously a hardy breed unlike us millennials. I feel like all the SNES era shooters (R-Type and co) are all too hard by a million and I doubt anyone has ever really completed them.

And that was a clever joke LOL! Too clever for me I fear!

Will do. The demo of Meat Boy was brilliant. Quick restarts are the best!

I've never played DKC2 but DKC was one of the few games I did manage to finish on the SNES.

No, I never finished R Type either. I did make it to the final level on R Type Delta but just couldn't do it. I like that though, it means it'll be a mystery. I don't see why every game has to be able to be finished by anyone. You don't get that buzz when you see a new area / new thing.

I'm gonna sound older than I am, but I think that SNES era games had better mechanics than most modern games. The controls were always so responsive, the gameplay was always really fluid and the spectacle was always secondary to the game. Also, funnier and less serious stories. The Former President Has Been Kidnapped!

Or the Evil Wizard Shaft in Symphony of the Night. Brilliant!

Bloody colds. I have had one lingering all last week and it has now engulfed my chest.

On the topic of Uncharted 4. This may or may not relate to my extreme miserable approach to gaming but it didn't look like anything special. People seem disappointed as it is a 'downgrade' from some footage shown back at E3 (I think). If anyone truly thought the PS4 was capable of outputting that graphical level and performance then they have been taking the sort of strong medication that I think I could do with at the moment.

I loved the second game but the third one left me cold; for me I think it is one of those games to experience once and that is that. Unless UC4 can do something radically different then I am not going to be pushed to buy the game.

Reknoc

I loved the second game but the third one left me cold; for me I think it is one of those games to experience once and that is that. Unless UC4 can do something radically different then I am not going to be pushed to buy the game.

Well Uncharted 3 just wasn't that good, which probably wouldn't help.

i shall get the art book and make up the game in my head.

The_Poet

Banned
Bloody colds. I have had one lingering all last week and it has now engulfed my chest.

On the topic of Uncharted 4. This may or may not relate to my extreme miserable approach to gaming but it didn't look like anything special. People seem disappointed as it is a 'downgrade' from some footage shown back at E3 (I think). If anyone truly thought the PS4 was capable of outputting that graphical level and performance then they have been taking the sort of strong medication that I think I could do with at the moment.

Yeh I don't think a lot of people realise that developers aim for the highest fidelity they can, often overshooting and then have to peg it back to maintain a decent frame rate.

The problem arises when Marketing Man (picture him with slicked back hair, and a permanently smug, punchable face) gets understandably excited by things in development and wants to show them off to gain interest.

Symphonia

Banned
Nothing beats browsing NeoGAF on the train while you have some random watch over your shoulder. I type this as he's watching.

Hello, random man.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I love pretty much the entire Binding of Isaac soundtrack. Disappointed they scrapped it in favor of something else for Rebirth, the new tracks are serviceable but don't hold a candle to Danny B's original compositions. Stanley Parable is still sitting in my library, I have yet to play it. And I know what you mean about Amnesia. Fortunately the track I included in the playlist is a gentle one.

Son Of D

My weekend in Google image result pictures.

Friday:

Sitting_at_compute_2948772b.jpg

Saturday pre-meet:

shutterstock_704103851.jpg

Saturday night:

Man-drinks-alcohol-006.jpg

400_F_23891017_0eVwUf7ksMgOUJQlACvejSYMWGrz29yt_PXP.jpg

Sunday until late afternoon:

cartoon-cat-lazy.jpg

Sunday late afternoon until Monday 3am:

hungover-at-work.jpg

On the plus side at least I could say I was productive.

Symphonia

Banned
Hey where'd your post go? I added the Stanley Parable after reading your post and searching out a good track.
I edited it because I simply chose not to click the links and assumed you were listing decent indie games. The point still stands, though, TSP features some great music.

Vashetti

Banned
Sky cancelled!

In the end I was literally pleading with the guy.

Please, just cancel it, stop offering me deals I don't want.

Yes I'm aware Virgin is slightly more expensive.

"Sir, are you comfortable with the idea that you'll be paying more for the same service we can offer you?"

Jesus H Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom