• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

23rd here as well, but the 23rd isn't even a real work day, just a quick half day to finish off any dispatch and then down to the pub.

SmokyDave

I don't break up until Xmas eve :(

First Christmas with your child me be something to look forward to, especially since you both will remember it, and the little one won't, giving you the chance to take it all in and retell it once day!

Erm I mean congrats on a new console to play with!
I can't wait, man. She's still tiny, but she's old enough to get hyped over gifts. I know this because every time I buy her an Xmas pressie, I give it her immediately. Going to have to reign that in.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Morning all.

8 working days until I break up....

How long does everyone have left?

My last day at work until the new year is next Friday. So much holiday I just piled it all in the xmas period.
Didn't want to eat into next year's holiday so I'm coming in for 1 day on Friday 2nd only to then have the weekend again.

Most time I've had off since I started though, can't wait. Xmas week is going to be busy as shit.

RiggyRob

Technically I break up for the holidays this Friday (/student-smugface) but considering my laptop that I'm doing my project work on has been out of action for the last two weeks, I'll be working right up til the 21st I think.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Technically I break up for the holidays this Friday (/student-smugface) but considering my laptop that I'm doing my project work on has been out of action for the last two weeks, I'll be working right up til the 21st I think.

What are you studying?

I'm not in a relationship and I don't plan ahead with these things, splootee.

Sorry banooooooooofy

We usually work right up till Christmas, but I've got the week of the 22nd off to go to... *shudder* Centre Parcs... with the family unit.

Everyone from my work who has kids goes to Center Parcs.

i have christmas day off. :(

Eesh. Good luck!

19 - 5th represent. Although I might take the 5 to 12 off as well, and just hibernate. I really want to hibernate. Not feeling very human today.

SmokyDave

Everyone from my work who has kids goes to Center Parcs.
It's a great place for 'em. Lots of activities to do, soft play areas in every restaurant, tons of wholesome outdoorsy stuff. The babysitting service was a godsend when me and the missus wanted a spa night too.

I'll definitely take kiddo back there next year.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Technically I break up onn friday but i handed in my coursework uesterday and tbh the mock exams can die, I'm on holiday this week, real revision starts monday when everyone has gone home...including the gf.

Flat will be empty, just me and my books...

you'd better be ready for an influx of tashbrooke posts

I mean trash lord

Yeah, not exactly in the mood to have sarcastic fuckers like you act the big man. Take your attitude and fuck off, prick.

I know both of you and I reckon that bonfy would take you erry day

and well honestly if he couldn't I would help and I lift so have that you moapy yamyam

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's a great place for 'em. Lots of activities to do, soft play areas in every restaurant, tons of wholesome outdoorsy stuff. The babysitting service was a godsend when me and the missus wanted a spa night too.

Sounds ideal.

Did you see my message about Speedball 2 on Vita? Thought it might be your kind of thing.

Looking at their website all I can say is damn I wish I got paid what they do for putting a sheet over something.

It's having the idea and the wherewithal to do it. I reckon covering the whole reichstag was probably tricky.

But yeah. I can't really argue that it's easy money.

Proper day of lawyering today. Big bizness and deadlines and such. I keep thinking about Dark Souls.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Sounds awful.

SmokyDave

Sounds ideal.

Did you see my message about Speedball 2 on Vita? Thought it might be your kind of thing.
I fucking loved Speedball 2 back in t'day!

I know it's available as a PS Mini, but I haven't picked it up (although I did buy it when it first hit iOS). For some reason, the fact it's called 'Evolution' rather than 'Brutal Deluxe' really bugs me.

It's going to itch away at me until I buy it now :)

Sounds awful.
I fucking love the place, but I can imagine it would be hell on earth for some. Wall to wall yummy mummies and underfed fathers in lycra failing to berate their dipshit children whilst eating gluten free fairtrade yoghurt bars.

I always feel like an imposter when I'm shambling out for a pint at ten in the morning with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth.

Volotaire

Yep, Friday is my last day at uni for this term. But I have a heck of workload for the Christmas break. Hopefully I can relax a bit more than I did during term.

19th Dec all the way to the 5th Jan. Cannot wait.

Same as you!
Plus I sat a couple of professional exams yesterday, so I'm effectively off now in my mind!

Going myself next month for the third time, can't wait to kick back a few pints of ale with the gf, sort a spa treatment, and just generally do little!

banofypie

Banned
I got some coursework back yesterday. 64 and 66.

I'm happy with that. It's looking like I'm going to finish my course with a high 2:1 unless I somehow get 70+ on every other piece I've got for this year, which is actually doable. No way I'm getting less than a 2:1 overall though, and that's good enough for me considering the number of people I know in my modules who are constantly hitting 50 as an average.

SmokyDave

That's more like it: Fear and Loathing in Centre Parcs. I may attempt to spray a massive gonzo fist on the dome.
Nice. If you only get half way, I'll finish it on my next visit. There's something about the place that reminds me that underneath my middle class sheen, I'm a poor kid through and through. I threatened to spark a dude out when we were there a few weeks back, and it really put a downer on my holiday :(

It is so relaxing though when you do it right. Peace, quiet, and fucking squirrels.

Going myself next month for the third time, can't wait to kick back a few pints of ale with the gf, sort a spa treatment, and just generally do little!
Me and Mrs Smoky try and go at least once a year. It's so close to home, yet so different from the usual 9 to 5.

Make sure you do sort out a spa session. It's serene as fuck.

The_Poet

Banned

I'm happy with that. It's looking like I'm going to finish my course with a high 2:1 unless I somehow get 70+ on every other piece I've got for this year, which is actually doable. No way I'm getting less than a 2:1 overall though, and that's good enough for me considering the number of people I know in my modules who are constantly hitting 50 as an average.

Go for the 1st man. a few months of pain is worth it.

I got 68 total and it killed me how close I was :(

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
As your lawyer, I advise you to take 50ml pentathol, some ether and some fine Moroccan hash before you do so.

Ah, Sploat. You're one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered lawyer mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Nice. If you only get half way, I'll finish it on my next visit. There's something about the place that reminds me that underneath my middle class sheen, I'm a poor kid through and through. I threatened to spark a dude out when we were there a few weeks back, and it really put a downer on my holiday :(

It is so relaxing though when you do it right. Peace, quiet, and fucking squirrels.

I want to see squirrels fucking. That'd be the nuts.

Ahem.

Me and Mrs Smoky try and go at least once a year. It's so close to home, yet so different from the usual 9 to 5.

Make sure you do sort out a spa session. It's serene as fuck.

I'm all over it, although fucking ain't that serene when I'm involved; it's all spit and teeth and "ooo what does THAT button do".

It's a goddamn mess, mate.

banofypie

Banned
Thanks to Viva Pinata, I can't stop looking at squirrels and calling them squazzils. I feel like Rare have basically ruined a part of my vocabulary and I think I might contact them for compensation.

Part of the compensation is about having wasted my time with their shit games.

RiggyRob

Might as well go for it then innit, although I wouldn't compare myself to the other people in the course, unless there's some sort of scaling that happens based on their performance.

banofypie

Banned
Might as well go for it then innit, although I wouldn't compare myself to the other people in the course, unless there's some sort of scaling that happens based on their performance.

I don't think there is. I know for a fact that I'm in at least the top 10 for marks based on talking to other people. My best friend at uni matches my ability with ridiculous consistency if I'm making a judgement based on marks, but judging myself next to her and everyone else is pointless. Honestly, I'm just happy that I'm doing well.

Diddy Kong Racing is fucking incredible. :(

Microsoft era specifically then. Diddy Kong Racing is my favourite racing game ever, thing is so damn good. Mario Kart 64 was ass, but we at least had DKR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom