• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
So our steps begin to synchronize,
when the world starts spinning,
our hearts begin to beat in time,
as our eyes start fading out.
'Cause I see something, on that frontline,
and we all make it out, as it comes together,
and I see your two hands up on my shoulders now,
it's getting closer.

banofypie

Banned
it's getting closer.

huh?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
it's getting closer.

The Order: 1886!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This sounds like so many songs, it's weird. The video's nice, reminds me of that indie game Never Alone.

I'll raise you, Keep on Lying
Tame Impala's Lonerism album is my jam. Every track is a gem and as an album it just flows so elegantly between each track. Truly the audio version of a cerebral massage. Endors Toi with a good pair of headphones / speakers still blows my mind every time I hear it, feels like the theme music for an acid trip.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, really not feeling Lonely The Brave like, they aren't shit per se, just limp and really homogenised. Plus, that name is fucking awful, it actually irritates me.

My previous post on the matter:

Minj said:
Just listened to some Lonely The Brave Mike, they're not terrible I suppose, just kind of slight and mawkish. The lyrics/vocals are a bit wet and the melodies seem to be largely compromised of fairly nondescript echoey guitar chords.

YouTube kept linking me to You Me At Six videos after each track too, kind of says it all really.

62ZpILQ.jpg

The drums were pretty good I guess.

I may have been slightly aggrieved that he said Marmozets weren't very good songwriters, while simultaneously bigging up these wet end dullards with about as much excitement and musical ideas as James Blunt on sedatives.

To be fair, the second I heard them they sounded just like his cup of weak, milky tea. He did say Marmozets were great performers though, so he wasn't entirely wrong.

Big love Mike.

Spookie

I want to see what they're working on next, but I'm holding my breath. They're the only company that can realistically bring something to the table that'll make me want an Xbox One.

Ha you'll be lucky. Don't they just bang out shitty Kinect games now? :/

banofypie

Banned
I think Phil Spencer is potentially the best thing that's happened to Microsoft in a long time and we'll probably see the results of that in the next few years. I'm hoping he's given Rare the creative freedom they desperately needed to create something good. Viva Pinata was the last great game they made and I'm fairly sure nobody came in and said "this is good, but it's not for us" during the development of it. Nuts and Bolts was a disaster that was a result of years of those kinds of meetings and everything Kinect they've ever done has been gimmicky bullshit.

Really though, not holding my breath.

AcridMeat

Banned
Morning all.

8 working days until I break up....

How long does everyone have left?
My job tonight was cancelled, but still have the afternoon. I'm heading to family for the holidays on the 22nd through 27th. Need to make sure to bring my laptop so I see steam sales and avoid babysitting my nieces and nephew. Priorities!
I always feel like an imposter when I'm shambling out for a pint at ten in the morning with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth.
This is the perfect image of you Smoky. They could should make a statue of you with this image.
I quite liked it. Good food, excellent beer. Would probably do another weekend there.

Lot of tourists though.
Important question, were the tourists in the bars with the excellent beer, or were they crowding all the quaint, quiet picturesque spots?
The only reason I ever listened to angsty teen bullshit was to impress girls. Even then I don't think it was worth it.
You mean you never got pissed off and hated the world? (Hardcore punk music for a minute) I can confirm I never listened to it to get girls, nor did I get any punk rockers in high school. Shame really, I loved their style.

To even out the music in this post, have some fonkay jams. Album art rules.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Tame Impala's Lonerism album is my jam. Every track is a gem and as an album it just flows so elegantly between each track. Truly the audio version of a cerebral massage. Endors Toi with a good pair of headphones / speakers still blows my mind every time I hear it, feels like the theme music for an acid trip.

Yeah it's incredible. Innerspeaker was pretty nice and chilled out, especially the cover of Remember Me and Solitude is Bliss, but Lonerism is just an astoundingly constructed album. It reminds me of Since I Left You with the way little chords and sounds echo through the album in a beautiful musical melange (though the musical style is very different)..

Plus the lead is John Lennon. The resemblance of voice is uncanny.

This doesn't surprise me, they come across like the scribblings of a whiny, lovelorn 14 year old crying into the pages of his diary.

Damn!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
This doesn't surprise me, they come across like the scribblings of a whiny, lovelorn 14 year old crying into the pages of his diary.

That's why I can't listen to that music. In my day we had Nirvana. No lovelorn stuff, just self loathing, word association and cut-ups. Different class. I hate smooth emo pop punk crap. Autotune ugh. I'd rather just listen to actual pop. Beyoncé > better than ALL emo pop punk.

I'm so hungry.

Let's all talk about Taylor Swift. What's your favourite Taylor Swift song, BratGIF?

Mine's Shake it Off.

Right now, Blank Space. For a while I'd have agreed, Shake it Off, that's currently no 2 and I also liked Style from the new album - and then on the last We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together was a proper pop hit.

NinjaBoiX

That's why I can't listen to that music. In my day we had Nirvana. No lovelorn stuff, just self loathing, word association and cut-ups. Different class. I hate smooth emo pop punk crap. Autotune ugh. I'd rather just listen to actual pop. Beyoncé > better than ALL emo pop punk.
I like pretty much everything Beyoncé has released post Destiny's Child, primo pop music. She has a wicked voice and works with talented writers and producers.
Let's all talk about Taylor Swift. What's your favourite Taylor Swift song, BratGIF?

Mine's Shake it Off.
I think Trouble is a great pop tune.

Bonus disgustingly degrading and misogynistic picture of two attractive, fully clothed females:

oyBMWSx.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
These are literally all the same song.
Wow. They really are! I mean they didn't capture me beyond the 20 seconds I listened to but they all had super long intros (that I had to skip to get to the meat of the song since they were just repetitive rather than building up to something) and then it was droning sining with a slightly out of breath accent over the same set of notes.

Back to M@STERPIECE from iDOLM@STER I thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom