• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So good Vita deal?

Shop​To dot net/video-games/psvita/PSPHWV114-ps-vita-wifi-tearaway-little-big-planet-16gb-memory-card

11/10, I cried with laughter.

Legend has it that they met on another forum back in 05'.By 08' they had both become mods and were like peas in a pod at the super secret mod-meetings until one day they were forced against eachother on Smashbros, Sah was defeated with no mercy, Afoni had the clear advantage as he was a few years older than him and therefore had more experience. Sah never returned to the site now known as NintendoLoversRUs.org and due to cut-backs Afoni was fired. Nobody thought they would meet again until they clashed in a community thread in which the topic was the very same game that had torn their friendship into tiny little pieces.

Afoni fought well, but in the end Sah prevailed after watching Rocky 1,2 and Balboa twice a day since the day he left NintendoLoversRUs.org

Needs more pirates.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Seriously.gif

Seriously, I mean some people say it's conspiracy, but don't dig, the last person who got close to discovering the truth was noffles, and he was banned by the highest red name on the food chain... before he could let the truth out

Symphonia

Banned
I no longer doubt the validity of that claim. However, I'm not too sure what's going on or whether someone somehow spiked my orange squash but nobody apart from me is in the house and all I can hear is Pacman noises. Like, help? I'm gonna be killed by a pill-gobbling, fruit-stealing yellow blob. I don't want to go, not like this...

Rubbish King

I no longer doubt the validity of that claim. However, I'm not too sure what's going on or whether someone somehow spiked my orange squash but nobody apart from me is in the house and all I can hear is Pacman noises. Like, help? I'm gonna be killed by a pill-gobbling, fruit-stealing yellow blob. I don't want to go, not like this...

You've gotten to0 c10se !!@$

Th3YYy W!LL FINd U

IVE AlreAdu Said 12 mUUchH

77.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I actually lived amongst you soggy, snaggle-tooth'd, good for nothing faux-imperialists for nearly three years not to mention hanging around this sorry thread for what feels like twice that. And what do I get for my troubles? One lame, unoriginal joke where every non-native they pops into the thread gets to be "Jackben Mk. 2"

This is an outrage.

I will check that track when I get home ninja, I need to go drown a few foreigners to cleanse this most foul taste of betrayal from my mouth.

Rubbish King

I actually lived amongst you soggy, snaggle-tooth'd, good for nothing faux-imperialists for nearly three years not to mention hanging around this sorry thread for what feels like twice that. And what do I get for my troubles? One lame, unoriginal joke where every non-native they pops into the thread gets to be "Jackben Mk. 2"

This is an outrage.

I will check that track when I get home ninja, I need to go drown a few foreigners to cleanse this most foul taste of betrayal from my mouth.

internet-high-five.jpg

Happy birthday Ninja! Hope you've had a good'un mate! Get any cool presents? Buy yourself any?

So good Vita deal?

Shop​To dot net/video-games/psvita/PSPHWV114-ps-vita-wifi-tearaway-little-big-planet-16gb-memory-card

Found someone selling a boxed Vita with receipt, 16gb card, and Lego Marvel for £95 inc postage.
I could flip Lego M for £15 after fees, making the system £80. Horribly tempted.

Oooh which state? And do you like country music?

I've lived in North Carolina the last 30 years after spending about 10 in Louisiana. NC was going in a great direction for the last decade or so and then has done everything in its power the last couple of years to reverse it all. Other than that, though, it's a beautiful state.

My wife grew up on country music and loves it. I've learned to appreciate some of it (Zac Brown Band, Eric Church, Band Perry -- mostly the more alt-country stuff) over years of exposure. I also tend to like the more traditional country too -- Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, that sort of stuff. A lot of the newer country just skews too pop / rock for me. Still a metal / progressive / 80s / alternative fan at heart, though. I heard that country was making some in-roads in Britain recently -- that true? If so, why? (Being serious here, not sarcastic.)

Rubbish King

I found a tiffany bracelet on the way home,me being as dim as I was thought I'd take it home and return it to tiffanys because it said return to tiffany on it...

After a quick google I found it was retailing at £230, felt a bit guilty so when a copper drove by I waved him down and told him my tale

If it's not claimed in 4 weeks it's all mine! and if it is I still might get a reward ^_^

aww yeaah

Chinner

Banned
somebody told me awhile about the clique secret. I know you guys are real life friends with him, but he is a bad poster...that was one of the reasons he was banned originally.

8bit

Knows the Score
If it was supposed to be a secret then posting in the style of someone recently banned with a username almost an anagram of same and trolling for lols maybe wasn't the best way to hide this.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
What is up with the UK Netflix catalog? 5 seasons of a show about drag queens but no Sherlock? Iron Man 2 but not 1 or 3? The Hobbit but no LOTR?No Batman?

Oh god, I turned into a snot machine yesterday and I feel awful. I never knew that my body could produce this much snot and mucus. This is my first cold since last winter so I've done pretty well considering the missus has had more than her fair share.

I've lived in North Carolina the last 30 years after spending about 10 in Louisiana. NC was going in a great direction for the last decade or so and then has done everything in its power the last couple of years to reverse it all. Other than that, though, it's a beautiful state.

My wife grew up on country music and loves it. I've learned to appreciate some of it (Zac Brown Band, Eric Church, Band Perry -- mostly the more alt-country stuff) over years of exposure. I also tend to like the more traditional country too -- Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, that sort of stuff. A lot of the newer country just skews too pop / rock for me. Still a metal / progressive / 80s / alternative fan at heart, though. I heard that country was making some in-roads in Britain recently -- that true? If so, why? (Being serious here, not sarcastic.)

I used to hate country music. I thought it was all like traditional country and western, depressing and stuff. But my boyfriend loves it and got me listening the the country hour on bbc radio 2. Now I love it. Darius Rucker, Brad Paisley, Dwight Yoakam, Tim McGraw, to name but a few.

Last year we went to Country 2 Country at the O2, the first country music festival held here. It was absolutely packed, I was really surprised at how many country fans there are here. I think shows like Nashville have certainly helped it to become more popular over here. I'm really tempted to start up a country band now, there's definitely room for it in the niche here.

SteveWD40

What is up with the UK Netflix catalog? 5 seasons of a show about drag queens but no Sherlock? Iron Man 2 but not 1 or 3? The Hobbit but no LOTR?No Batman?

DNS unblocker bro, chrome has a plugin for it, thank richisawesome, he put me on to it.

US netflix has The Walking Dead, Sherlock and The West Wing, keeps me occupied.

I used to hate country music. I thought it was all like traditional country and western, depressing and stuff. But my boyfriend loves it and got me listening the the country hour on bbc radio 2. Now I love it. Darius Rucker, Brad Paisley, Dwight Yoakam, Tim McGraw, to name but a few.

Darius Rucker's re-invention is amazing -- to go from Pootie and the Blowshits (my wife hates me calling them that but I like it) to huge success in country. Brad Paisley is a great guitar player and I like his niche of humorous songs. Country is in a pretty good place right now. When I first met my wife it was Garth Brooks dominated and, while not bad, still hewed a little closer to it's drum-less steel guitar-prominent roots. Then we went through the era of country divas (Shania, Faith, etc.) and then post-9/11 jingoist and tough-guy country. It has ended up these last five years in a good place, though, and the level of musicianship is high and we're hearing a ton of variety in terms of instruments. Sometimes it feels one of the only places to hear rock on the radio is on the country music stations. Well, other than classic rock, of course. =/

Last year we went to Country 2 Country at the O2, the first country music festival held here. It was absolutely packed, I was really surprised at how many country fans there are here. I think shows like Nashville have certainly helped it to become more popular over here. I'm really tempted to start up a country band now, there's definitely room for it in the niche here.

That's awesome. I wish we had more festivals here. I guess we have Bonnaroo but it is about eight hours away in Nashville. My area gets a ton of country acts but for my tastes (Iron Maiden, Primus, Mike Patton's bands, etc.) I often have to travel up to DC (5 hours). As for a band, what style would you aim for? Would you aim to bring a British perspective?

Darius Rucker's re-invention is amazing -- to go from Pootie and the Blowshits (my wife hates me calling them that but I like it) to huge success in country. Brad Paisley is a great guitar player and I like his niche of humorous songs. Country is in a pretty good place right now. When I first met my wife it was Garth Brooks dominated and, while not bad, still hewed a little closer to it's drum-less steel guitar-prominent roots. Then we went through the era of country divas (Shania, Faith, etc.) and then post-9/11 jingoist and tough-guy country. It has ended up these last five years in a good place, though, and the level of musicianship is high and we're hearing a ton of variety in terms of instruments. Sometimes it feels one of the only places to hear rock on the radio is on the country music stations. Well, other than classic rock, of course. =/

That's awesome. I wish we had more festivals here. I guess we have Bonnaroo but it is about eight hours away in Nashville. My area gets a ton of country acts but for my tastes (Iron Maiden, Primus, Mike Patton's bands, etc.) I often have to travel up to DC (5 hours). As for a band, what style would you aim for? Would you aim to bring a British perspective?

I saw Fantomas when I was about 19, met Mike after the gig, got a photo somewhere I'll try and dig it out.

Edit: found it

44B5413B-711D-416F-A9AF-08A5AFA4B184_zpsmtsntpjf.jpg

There's some good country rock at the mo, I really like Brantley Gilbert.

As for what style of country band, I have no idea. Would probably have to be pretty generic and poppy to stand a chance of getting gigs, I guess it depends on who else I got in the band and what they wanted to do. I know a guitarist, double bass player, mandolin player and drummer (you about qasiel?) so I guess that's a good start.

I saw Fantomas when I was about 19, met Mike after the gig, got a photo somewhere I'll try and dig it out.

I've been lucky to see Mike Patton with each of his four main projects (Faith No More in 1992 Monsters of Rock with GnR and Metallica after Angel Dust, Fantomas with Tool in 2001 after Director's Cut, Mr. Bungle in a very small club (a couple hundred people) after California, and Tomahawk in that same small club after the first album). All great, but I've never met the man -- I'm very jealous!

There's some good country rock at the mo, I really like Brantley Gilbert.

As for what style of country band, I have no idea. Would probably have to be pretty generic and poppy to stand a chance of getting gigs, I guess it depends on who else I got in the band and what they wanted to do. I know a guitarist, double bass player, mandolin player and drummer (you about qasiel?) so I guess that's a good start.

Yeah, modern music is so gig driven in terms of revenue. Lull them in with generic poppy mainstream country then sneak up on them later with some unique twist. I wish I could play music. I'd love to play bass, and even own one and took lessons for a bit, but learned that I don't have an ear for it and can't keep a beat.

Mr. Sam

Any of you thinking about staying up for the Superbowl tonight? I did last year, bought some Doritos, some dip - it was alright.

SuperSah

Banned
Any of you thinking about staying up for the Superbowl tonight? I did last year, bought some Doritos, some dip - it was alright.

I sure am.

Mostly to see Bruno Mars at the halftime show, but also to learn some football.

Also, anyone happen to have an old unused Wii they'd be willing to sell me? Only need the console, no cables or controller.

Not a chance cos of work.

I wouldn't get far anyway, but I quite like to watch the start to just enjoy watching from a "I DON'T GET IT" point of view.

Symphonia

Banned
I've done it every year for the last seven or so years. I've no idea why as I really don't understand the rules of the game but I still enjoy the hell out of it and some of the performances midgame can be entertaining. I'm mainly in it for the commercials.

I sure am.

Mostly to see Bruno Mars at the halftime show, but also to learn some football.

Also, anyone happen to have an old unused Wii they'd be willing to sell me? Only need the console, no cables or controller.
That's a terrible reason to watch it.

Symphonia

Banned
How is that a terrible reason?
He had one good song that was milked forever and now he thinks he's the next Michael Jackson. I think I even heard him say it once on an interview that wants to smash all records set by Jacko, although I may be mistaken. Either way, I was just stating a difference of opinion. Didn't mean to offend.

SuperSah

Banned
He had one good song that was milked forever and now he thinks he's the next Michael Jackson. I think I even heard him say it once on an interview that wants to smash all records set by Jacko, although I may be mistaken. Either way, I was just stating a difference of opinion. Didn't mean to offend.

One good song? Really? The man has countless songs that have smashed records and flew up to #1.

The man can actually sing live without all this autotune bullshit you hear from these other craptastic artists and bands. Give the guy a chance and actually listen to his music, "one" good song is a joke, lol.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sah it's ok, you're talking to someone who loves animated children's films more than their target audience. It ain't have to be a battle, mang. Just banter. And there are worse musical crimes. At least no one here likes Avenged Sevenfold.

Symphonia

Banned
One good song? Really? The man has countless songs that have smashed records and flew up to #1.

The man can actually sing live without all this autotune bullshit you hear from these other craptastic artists and bands. Give the guy a chance and actually listen to his music, "one" good song is a joke, lol.
Like you said, it's your preference. You have your own musical tastes, and I have mine. I just wouldn't say watching the entire Superbowl for Bruno Mars is worth it but each to their own and all that jazz.

SuperSah

Banned
Like you said, it's your preference. You have your own musical tastes, and I have mine. I just wouldn't say watching the entire Superbowl for Bruno Mars is worth it but each to their own and all that jazz.

I assume you didn't read the part of my post which said "also to learn some football".

I'm not staying all night to see a performance, which is a good reason why I am, but also to watch the game.

Jeeze, are you always this judgemental?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I like that one avenged sevenfold song where they are screaming during the chorus and the guy in the video turns into a fish.

Symphonia

Banned
I assume you didn't read the part of my post which said "also to learn some football".

I'm not staying all night to see a performance, which is a good reason why I am, but also to watch the game.

Jeeze, are you always this judgemental?
However, you did state it was mostly for the performance. Which, to me, indicates you wouldn't really bother with the Superbowl if it wasn't for Mars performing tonight. See, I really did read all of your post.

Torn on this year's Super Bowl. Normally there is a team I really favor or a team I really hate so it is a no-brainer who I'm pulling for. This year, however, I don't particularly dislike either team and I have a reason to pull for each quarterback's team. Manning is a relatively old dude for the NFL and I like seeing him defy age. Plus he's from New Orleans which is awesome. Wilson was quarterback for my college's football team (and a baseball player there too) for three years, which is neat. Been to both places (Seattle and Denver) and enjoyed it and their people as well, so there isn't even that reason to root against one of the teams. I guess it'll be a relaxing game for a change, just enjoy the game, commercials, and some good food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom