• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Get lost man.

Well, with a CILEX course, I get plunged right into the job. You don't need any qualifcations as such other than the obligatory GCSE's and you earn a lot of qualifications. The end of the course pretty much guarantees a legal job, even a solicitor, which is what I aim for.

I think it's better than a degree because I'm more hands on and work better like that, I don't realistically see myself completing University.

Fair enough. Make sure you do your research though. Depending on the type of law you want to practice, it might not be ideal. Also, if you want to travel abroad you might want to think about dual qualification.

FWIW I qualified via BA degree + 2 yrs law school + 2 yrs training contract.

SuperSah

Banned
Fair enough. Make sure you do your research though. Depending on the type of law you want to practice, it might not be ideal. Also, if you want to travel abroad you might want to think about dual qualification.

FWIW I qualified via BA degree + 2 yrs law school + 2 yrs training contract.

I have no idea what Law I want to do.

Thinking possibly Family Law?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I have no idea what Law I want to do.

Thinking possibly Family Law?

Yeah?

Think carefully, young padawan. You'll probably be ok with CILEX in that field, just make sure you speak to firms etc. Lots of young aspiring lawyers make choices on the basis that there is full employment for solicitors when there is nothing of the sort.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Good god, man, you're worse than me. It was quite clearly a joke. Did you somehow not see the GIF of Magneto laughing like a maniac? I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain cell could deduce that I wasn't being serious with my post.

It was quite passive aggressive cyanide, leave it out mush, same as you sah with your I ASKKKEDD U HOW UR WEEKND WAS

njdkfbhopsfghjdao[vb jhcxkopz`jkvdlzhlvksdgdlfku sgdluzf ugsfsufipfs iphip

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It was quite passive aggressive cyanide, leave it out mush, same as you sah with your I ASKKKEDD U HOW UR WEEKND WAS

njdkfbhopsfghjdao[vb jhcxkopz`jkvdlzhlvksdgdlfku sgdluzf ugsfsufipfs iphip

I know. It's tough to come to terms with the fact Philip Seymour Hoffman is gone.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I know. It's tough to come to terms with the fact Philip Seymour Hoffman is gone.

tumblr_mcz50qUpAw1qih393o3_500.gif

SuperSah

Banned
Yeah?

Think carefully, young padawan. You'll probably be ok with CILEX in that field, just make sure you speak to firms etc. Lots of young aspiring lawyers make choices on the basis that there is full employment for solicitors when there is nothing of the sort.

What are you doing?

If I somehow pass my A-Levels, I'll happily try Law in Uni, but atm my only good course IS Law and I suck at everything else.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What are you doing?

If I somehow pass my A-Levels, I'll happily try Law in Uni, but atm my only good course IS Law and I suck at everything else.

I work in a niche of a niche of a niche of the corporate world. A bit of corporate, a bit of tax, mostly shares, share options, that kind of thing.

NinjaBoiX

Aright doods, phone died last night, only just caught up. Lol at the wahjah.
So, everyone had a good weekend?
Canny like, aye. Had a smashing good time in South Shields last night, even though it's a bit lame. Good company mang. The club we ended up in was very, um, pretty. It was decorated like a teenage girl's bedroom. Cool tunes though.

End up crashing at my mates ex's (she's too cool for school that girl) and spent today feeling like a gay bestie cuddled up on the sofa under a blanket watching rom-coms and discussing how it all went wrong with my buddy. It was really nice actually; chilled, comforting and mildly arousing. She also choose last night to tell me that she fancied me the whole time. Awkward feels...

Then her mates descended on the place early afternoon; que lots of hangover pamper bullshit, vaccuous reality TV, junk food and talking about Taylor Swift. Although I must admit, the Shea body butter did bring a youthful, radiant glow to my skin and had a very pleasing scent.

I'm back home with boys now, I feel like a need to hang a picture and down a beer or something.

Also, RIP Hoffman. :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
End up crashing at my mates ex's (she's too cool for school that girl) and spent today feeling like a gay bestie cuddled up on the sofa under a blanket watching rom-coms and discussing how it all went wrong with my buddy. It was really nice actually; chilled, comforting and mildly arousing. She also choose last night to tell me that she fancied me the whole time. Awkward feels...
You're a good man ninja. Was the attraction mutual and you were just being a good mate respecting the tread ground rule, or did you just feel like having a girl day?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
American entertainment!?!?!? I thought this was a British thread for British things!?!?!?

I suppose I can't really talk seeing as I spent most of this weekend putting together a results thread for GAF's 2013 anime of the year.

Mr. Sam

I've already eaten my bowl of Superbowl nachos and the game hasn't even started yet. I suppose I could prepare some more but I'm just so conflicted.

I had a lovely sunday dinner with some family friends which suddenly became awkward when a guy and his wife had this absoring argument over whether or not shaving the pubic area was good for women and whether it was perverse in a paedophillic way that men preferred shaved bits. This was all the more awkward as their two daughters, aged 13 and 16, were also present.

The men at the table disputed that the majority of all males across a multitude of cultures and continents displayed paedophillic tendencies and insisted that the shaven preference was entirely utilitarian. The older women at the table resisted. The two teenagers just sat there red faced. The argument ground to a halt until, after a heavy silence, I said: "well you'd send your dinner back if it had hair in it, wouldn't you?".

And that's the end of that chapter.

eBaIElH.jpg

NinjaBoiX

I'm watching Pacific Rim, seems pretty good so far. Big robots punching monsters in the face is never going to be less than entertaining.
You're a good man ninja. Was the attraction mutual and you were just being a good mate respecting the tread ground rule, or did you just feel like having a girl day?
Well she's super pretty; lush complexion, big brown eyes and a cute little button nose. She was a bit of a hen when they were going out, but she's slimmed down a lot now though. Being back on the market has that effect really. So yeah, I suppose you could say the attraction is mutual.

It's not really about that though, she's just such a lovely lass, an absolute sweetheart. Life and soul of the party without being arrogant about it, so affectionate and considerate, I just want to give her a big squeeze every time I see her. She's easily my best mate out of the girls. She makes a mean poached egg on crumpets too!

But nah, it's totally platonic, my pal is too important to me to risk fucking it up. She just asked if it was OK to snuggle up and let's be honest, who doesn't like snuggles? It was cute really. I was tired, she was tired, it was just a lush way to recover from a hangover. Her hair smells like apples too, I wanted to eat it not stroke it.

The girly-fest thing was just kind of sprung on me last minute, but it was OK, most of her pals are sound. And they were all too wrecked to be super excitable, it was actually quite chilled all told. I learned a lot of useful info about celebrity babies too, bonus.

Edit: I did miss my birthday dinner with the olds today though. Oops!

f0rk

Am I the only guy in this thread that's watching the Super Bowl right now?

This is the britgaf thread for people who aren't into sports. The real britgaf thread is the football one.
I've put it on but it seems a lot worse without the American adverts. I don't know whats happening but I don't care about what the pundits channel 4 put on have to say.

Mr. Sam

The FootballGAF thread is full of yelling, nonsense and a total lack of insight - just like a real football audience.

I, as I've mentioned twice in this thread already, am indeed watching the Superbowl. Go, Broncos!

Ack, I forgot you guys won't get the US commericals -- that's the best part. Game is OK so far, though you know Seattle has to be pissed to score three times and only get eight points off of it.

TCRS

Banned
The FootballGAF thread is full of yelling, nonsense and a total lack of insight - just like a real football audience.

I, as I've mentioned twice in this thread already, am indeed watching the Superbowl. Go, Broncos!

I just watched the bluffball episode of IT crowd. wish it was real so I could paticipate in that thread.

f0rk

Dude who looks too old to still be a professional sportsmen closed his eyes while throwing the ball, seems like an amateur mistake to me.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Haha Broncos are losing. I don't fucking care about the Seahawks but the schadenfreude is so good, I can't wait for the bitter tears.

It's not really about that though, she's just such a lovely lass, an absolute sweetheart. Life and soul of the party without being arrogant about it, so affectionate and considerate, I just want to give her a big squeeze every time I see her. She's easily my best mate out of the girls. She makes a mean poached egg on crumpets too!

But nah, it's totally platonic, my pal is too important to me to risk fucking it up. She just asked if it was OK to snuggle up and let's be honest, who doesn't like snuggles? It was cute really. I was tired, she was tired, it was just a lush way to recover from a hangover. Her hair smells like apples too, I wanted to eat it not stroke it.
I think I understand. Little marshmallow hearts were floating around my head when you described her hair smelling like apples. But yes, snuggling is the best still-semi platonic activity with the opposite sex.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
This is the britgaf thread for people who aren't into sports. The real britgaf thread is the football one.
I've put it on but it seems a lot worse without the American adverts. I don't know whats happening but I don't care about what the pundits channel 4 put on have to say.
Ehhh. At least I won't have to endure those Amazing Spiderman TV spots. Hated the hell out of the first one and I don't expect the second to be much better.

But man, the Broncos just can't catch a break, so far.

Yeah, I have to apologize to any Brits watching this Super Bowl. While it has been a clinic it hasn't been the most exciting game ever. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom