• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Cyanide? More like Cyberbully-ide. Stop insulting sweater pig. Just because someone would catch a grenade for love and would like to do P90X and have really nice sex but decide instead to not do anything and be lazy but that's okay because underachievement is cool in the youth generation, DOESN'T mean they deserve to be berated by your mean judgments.

Not cool man.

SuperSah

Banned
However, you did state it was mostly for the performance. Which, to me, indicates you wouldn't really bother with the Superbowl if it wasn't for Mars performing tonight. See, I really did read all of your post.

I'd watch it regardless with less excitement for it, yes I would.

At the end of the day, is it not my choice what I watch it for? Hell, I'd watch it solely for Ads if I wanted.

I just don't like how you jump on me for my choices, this is perhaps the second or third time this has happened now.

Symphonia

Banned
I just don't like how you jump on me for my choices, this is perhaps the second or third time this has happened now.
I'm not jumping on anyone for your choices (though I'd REALLY love to point out the hypocrisy of this statement if that's what you really think when that's all BritGAF - including you - seem to do to me regarding my choices) I was simply making banter.

But, whatever, we'll end the discussion here.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sweater pig your skin is looking a bit thin, perhaps you should put on a sweater to stay warm.

Actually you both should. Jeez throw you both in a pan and you got instant drama. No one is being attacked or attacking, relax peeps.
Holy shit that thread and the replies are beautiful.

Torn on this year's Super Bowl. Normally there is a team I really favor or a team I really hate so it is a no-brainer who I'm pulling for. This year, however, I don't particularly dislike either team and I have a reason to pull for each quarterback's team. Manning is a relatively old dude for the NFL and I like seeing him defy age. Plus he's from New Orleans which is awesome. Wilson was quarterback for my college's football team (and a baseball player there too) for three years, which is neat. Been to both places (Seattle and Denver) and enjoyed it and their people as well, so there isn't even that reason to root against one of the teams. I guess it'll be a relaxing game for a change, just enjoy the game, commercials, and some good food.

I'd go for Denver. Just because they have cool snowboarding there.

Are the commercials really that good? What's so special about them compared to normal commercials?

Not too bothered about the Superbowl myself, so I'm passing again.

This just came out of nowhere, can't believe it. He was a great actor and only 46, too young. :(

Yeah there really was so much more for him to bring. Apparently it was drugs? Shocking, not a clue.

Remember kids, drugs are bad, m'kay?

I love you Tash

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Sweater pig your skin is looking a bit thin, perhaps you should put on a sweater to stay warm.
Holy shit that thread and the replies are beautiful.

It is hilarious to look back on my thread

my post on the first page

But have many of you heard of TOOL? i only ask through curiosity, i only recently got into them but according to most of my friends it is the general consensus that the metal world loves them :L

Tool-10000_Days.jpg

I was NOT trolling

SuperSah

Banned
I'm not jumping on anyone for your choices (though I'd REALLY love to point out the hypocrisy of this statement if that's what you really think when that's all BritGAF - including you - seem to do to me regarding my choices) I was simply making banter.

But, whatever, we'll end the discussion here.

When did I ever criticise your choices...? I only appear in this OT once every few weeks, once a month if you're even lucky.

Show me something I've ever criticised you about and I'll happily own up and accept that.

Rubbish King

When did I ever criticise your choices...? I only appear in this OT once every few weeks, once a month if you're even lucky.

Show me something I've ever criticised you about and I'll happily own up and accept that.

You seem to take everything very personally, I'm guilty of this too..but you need to grow some thicker skin brah, I remember somebody making a very casual joke about you talking about your Note and you're posts following were laced with the saltiest tears I have seen in this thread (apart from Jed talking about pokemon)

SuperSah

Banned
You seem to take everything very personally, I'm guilty of this too..but you need to grow some thicker skin brah, I remember somebody making a very casual joke about you talking about your Note and you're posts following were laced with the saltiest tears I have seen in this thread (apart from Jed talking about pokemon)

I just don't appreciate being bashed every single time I have an opinion.

Am I not allowed an opinion without people acting as though it's a crime? I may aswell remove myself from the OT at this point.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Coming soon to a community thread near you:

From the makers of INDEPENDENCE DAY...

A new, never before seen, based on a true story drama full of twists and turns that would make M Night Shamalyan

SHIT.

HIS.

PANTS.

When an unmovable insecurity meets an unstoppable self awareness...

Introducing Bill Murray as SUPER SAH:

"If you don't stop making offhand comments that could be misconstrued as critical...YOU'RE DEAD!"

Will Smith as Cyanide Strike:

"I'M NOT IRRESPONSIBLE, GAF IS JUST FULL OF ASSHOLES!"

*explosion noise here*

PERSECUTION DAY

Rubbish King

I just don't appreciate being bashed every single time I have an opinion.

Am I not allowed an opinion without people acting as though it's a crime? I may aswell remove myself from the OT at this point.
Meh, I just think you should just ignore shit posts and carry on, rise above it etc

A new, never before seen, based on a true story drama full of twists and turns that would make M Night Shamalyan

SHIT.

HIS.

PANTS.

"If you don't stop making offhand comments that could be misconstrued as critical...YOU'RE DEAD!"

*explosion noise here*

PERSECUTION DAY

looooooooooooooool

SHIT.

HIS.

PANTS.

*explosion noise here*

PERSECUTION DAY

Sometimes you just get it spot fucking on Jackboy

I guess this says more about me than anything, but I have no idea who Philip Seymour Hoffman was. I've been looking at photos of him with no recollection at all.

Anyway, this is my new favourite tumblr : http://dimlylitmealsforone.tumblr.com/

I miss your real pic :(

Are the commercials really that good? What's so special about them compared to normal commercials?

There are usually a couple a year that will be office talk the next day so it's worth being aware of them at least. Every once in a while a truly great one appears that is iconic, like the Macintosh one in 1984, the Mean Joe Green one, Pepsi and Cindy Crawford, or the Office Linebacker ("Hey Janice!").

They aren't really better or more special, just that it is often the first time they are seen -- many of the big ad campaigns are launched with the Super Bowl now (since it gets the biggest live audience of the year in the United States).

Symphonia

Banned
Yes. Fantastic.

And yours?
Glad to hear.

Mine was great, thank you.

OK. Off work till weds but on the mend. Relaxing and just waiting for the meds to kick in. Went to cinema yesterday to see MAN films (Jack Ryan and Lone Survivor) both were avg. How was yours?
Saw the trailer for Lone Survivor and thought it looked pretty decent, worth a watch? Not so sure about Jack Ryan, though, I can wait for that to hit Netflix by the looks of things. I had a good weekend, thanks, spent Saturday with a girl and today was spent cuddled up watching Disney films and making cakes with my little girl :)

I added you on PSN, by the way, did you say you have Ghosts?

SuperSah

Banned
I just asked you how your weekend was lol

Anyway, what can a 18 year old do for their Birthday in London? Anyone got any ideas?

Symphonia

Banned
Anyway, what can a 18 year old do for their birthday in London? Anyone got any ideas?
What any other sane person turning 18 would do. Go out and get absolutely wankered. I don't live in London so I can't possibly name specific places (bar The Big Red and Last Resort which were two we went to for the meet and both were pretty great) but I imagine London has a ton of decent bars and clubs to hit up.

SuperSah

Banned
What any other sane person turning 18 would do. Go out and get absolutely wankered. I don't live in London so I can't possibly name specific places (bar The Big Red and Last Resort which were two we went to for the meet and both were pretty great) but I imagine London has a ton of decent bars and clubs to hit up.

Not particularly interested in that. Seems a waste of money IMO.

I've never been drunk so getting drunk in a foreign area for the first time on such caliber isn't a very good idea.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Glad to hear.

Mine was great, thank you.

Saw the trailer for Lone Survivor and thought it looked pretty decent, worth a watch? Not so sure about Jack Ryan, though, I can wait for that to hit Netflix by the looks of things. I had a good weekend, thanks, spent Saturday with a girl and today was spent cuddled up watching Disney films and making cakes with my little girl :)

I added you on PSN, by the way, did you say you have Ghosts?

Sounds perfect :)

LS was ok. Really macho if you're into that. It could be a comedy - the amount of bad stuff that happens to him.

I do have Ghosts yep.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I...what?

We'll have to have a game sometime. I've seen you online quite a few times but either you've been playing something different to me or I've only logged on to watch Netflix.

Sounds good. I think dapperbandit and premature quiche have it too, I don't see why we can't have a BritGAF game at some point in 2014 :)

Where are you studying SuperSah? When I was in college I did a summer exchange and took courses at St. Benet's Hall Oxford. My favorite was about Britain's role in WW2 -- a refreshing change from the normal US-centric history we get here. Was really fun, class was Monday through Thursday lunch. I'd immediately bolt for the train station and travel all over the country -- all the way up to York, Vindolanda on the wall, and Edinburgh, west to Chester, Bath, and Cardiff, east to London, Dover, Hastings, and Cambridge, south to Winchester, Portsmouth, Fishbourne Roman villa. Such a wonderful country. Are you coming back after your studies or staying?

After my wife lost her first pregnancy we returned (her first time to Britain) for a couple of weeks. We stayed in bed and breakfasts in London, York, Chester, Bath, and Stirling and took full advantage of the BritRail pass. Wonderful trip and it helped immensely with the healing.

I really need to post pics from both those trips on my blog along with our travel journals. I've done it for all of our recent trips (four big ones throughout North America) but haven't gotten around to doing earlier pre-blog trips like the two Britain ones, Switzerland and France in '88, or our honeymoon to Egypt and Greece in '94.

My almost 17yo daughter really, really wants to go there on a family trip but it is just so expensive now -- $1500 a person for the flight (and there are four of us) during summer. I'm going to try hard to make it happen, though.

SuperSah

Banned
Careful, Tash, aggravate him further and he might grab his Note and write up a very damning post about your attitude.

That barrel scraping.

You're a grown man, not a child.

Where are you studying SuperSah? When I was in college I did a summer exchange and took courses at St. Benet's Hall Oxford. My favorite was about Britain's role in WW2 -- a refreshing change from the normal US-centric history we get here. Was really fun, class was Monday through Thursday lunch. I'd immediately bolt for the train station and travel all over the country -- all the way up to York, Vindolanda on the wall, and Edinburgh, west to Chester, Bath, and Cardiff, east to London, Dover, Hastings, and Cambridge, south to Winchester, Portsmouth, Fishbourne Roman villa. Such a wonderful country. Are you coming back after your studies or staying?

Studying Law, History, IT and Maths.

I intend to progress onto Uni or an CILEX course afterwards up North, preferably in York! :)

Then move abroad and go about life, I guess.

Symphonia

Banned
That barrel scraping.

You're a grown man, not a child.
Good god, man, you're worse than me. It was quite clearly a joke. Did you somehow not see the GIF of Magneto laughing like a maniac? I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain cell could deduce that I wasn't being serious with my post.

SuperSah

Banned
Good god, man, you're worse than me. It was quite clearly a joke. Did you somehow not see the GIF of Magneto laughing like a maniac? I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain cell could deduce that I wasn't being serious with my post.

Get lost man.

Why CILEX? Just curious.

Well, with a CILEX course, I get plunged right into the job. You don't need any qualifcations as such other than the obligatory GCSE's and you earn a lot of qualifications. The end of the course pretty much guarantees a legal job, even a solicitor, which is what I aim for.

I think it's better than a degree because I'm more hands on and work better like that, I don't realistically see myself completing University.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom