• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Mini Manc Meet.

22nd Feb

Me, Ninj, Sploat, Cheezmo(?), any other takers?

Not sure what time you guys want to meet, I am free all day / night so I will let you guys decide that.

Recommended venues: Port Street Beer House, Odd Bar, Bakery (if we want to do Northern Qtr) or Cask, Oasthouse, Rain Bar etc... if we want to do Deansgate end of town.

If people want to eat I can book a table or we can just indulge in al fresco junk food.

NinjaBoiX

Nice one Steve, I knew this mini-meet was in safe hands!

That sounds spot on mate, I'm up for anything really. I should be at Piccadilly Station around 12 o'clock, but I plan to go and drop my bag of at Michelle's before we head off on a wander. She's down by the canal which I think is pretty near Deansgate, so how about we meet at a pub around there early afternoon for a drink and a quick bite, I'll quickly shoot of and meet Michelle for the key, then catch back up with you guys when I'm done?

Sploat, are you cool meeting early afternoon? Ideally I'd like to drop the Dreamcast off with my bag rather than carry it around all day.

Also, I'll PM Hystzen, see if he fancies it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

That sounds spot on mate, I'm up for anything really. I should be at Piccadilly Station around 12 o'clock, but I plan to go and drop my bag of at Michelle's before we head off on a wander. She's down by the canal which I think is pretty near Deansgate, so how about we meet at a pub around there early afternoon for a drink and a quick bite, I'll quickly shoot of and meet Michelle for the key, then catch back up with you guys when I'm done?

Sploat, are you cool meeting early afternoon? Ideally I'd like to drop the Dreamcast off with my bag rather than carry it around all day.

Hey...yes, all sounds great to me!

For those in LondonGAF, I'm up London in April (exact dates to be decided later this month) so if anyone's up for a mini-meet then I'm game.

I'm in Wales over the Easter weekend but apart from that I'm good

Morning y'all!

Hope everyone is keeping well. Feeling pretty chipper on this Wednesday morning. Missus had a 4D scan yesterday and the baby looks just like me! go Smoky genes!
!

She's going to be such a pretty girl :p

RBF and LTJ gig tonight. Cannot sleep. Will not sleep. Work is going to be fun.

So looking forward to this next weekend! let me know how they are

Rowdy Bleak Fertilisers and Lester The Jester. Remarkable Albanian techno dance acts currently touring the UK.

This had me gafawing at my desk.

Son Of D

Update on the situation down here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26042990

_72763774_72763773.jpg

_72767440_jessicabrock4.jpg

_72767446_72767445.jpg

This is just so weird to see. No casualties thankfully, some houses have had to have been evacuated. Really hope this is as bad as it gets.

SteveWD40

Cool, maybe say Cask or Rain Bar at about 1-2pm? then go where the day / night takes us.

NinjaBoiX

Shorty, you sneaky little rascal! I just listened to your links, Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake, of course! I forgot that was this month.

You actually had me there, I'll be honest. "Albanian techno" did raise my suspicions somewhat. :|

Lester The Jester is a great name for a band though.

Enjoy mate, have a blast and all that! :D
Cool, maybe say Cask or Rain Bar at about 1-2pm? then go where the day / night takes us.
Sweet mate. I'll meet Michelle straight off the train then, probably have a few with her until you guys show up so I'm not on my Todd!

SmokyDave

Shorty, you sneaky little rascal! I just listened to your links, Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake, of course! I forgot that was this month.

You actually had me there, I'll be honest. "Albanian techno" did raise my suspicions somewhat. :|
Goddamn, that's cruel.

I was thinking LTJ Bukem.

8bit

Knows the Score
Currently in a workshop with my user base talking about a wish list of features for a new tool and it's like the itchy and scratchy focus group.

NinjaBoiX

Me and Glen just had beef about the heating. His room is on the third floor, yet he refuses to turn off the downstairs radiators when no one else is in. This already winds me up, as there are only three and all you need to do is turn a tap on each of them.

Then he cranks it up to almost max and opens his window so he can smoke. So he's basically making use of about 10% of the heating we are paying for, and half of that is going straight out of the window!

All because he can't be arsed to come downstairs for a cig or take 10 seconds out if his day to turn three taps.

Grrrr....
Goddamn, that's cruel.

I was thinking LTJ Bukem.
I larfed when the penny dropped, mainly at my own stupidity. It was when Musha said she was looking forward to it next weekend, I was like "hang on, Musha is going to see some techno?"

Eejit. So much for being wide awake today!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I'm Ok down here. It's horrible down here though. All trains cancelled until Friday (although I think it will be longer than that due to how it is), the seafront is blocked off at the moment for good reason. Hope that we've seen the worst already.

Longer than that I think. Network Rail now reckons it'll be 4-6 weeks to get it fixed.

Also Dawlish got three mentions at Prime Ministers Questions. That must be some sort of record.

Me and Glen just had beef about the heating. His room is on the third floor, yet he refuses to turn off the downstairs radiators when no one else is in. This already winds me up, as there are only three and all you need to do is turn a tap on each of them.

Then he cranks it up to almost max and opens his window so he can smoke. So he's basically making use of about 10% of the heating we are paying for, and half of that is going straight out of the window!

All because he can't be arsed to come downstairs for a cig or take 10 seconds out if his day to turn three taps.

Grrrr....

You smoke in the house? Or rather, you allow smoking anywhere in the house? Blimey even when I smoked I never did inside, makes the place stink, discolours the walls, causes heating problems as per the above.......

Easy solution, no smoking anywhere in the house. I'm surprised your landlord allows that.

SKINNER!

Banned
This had me gafawing at my desk.

Lester The Jester is a great name for a band though.

Op9dO.gif

So looking forward to this next weekend! let me know how they are

Will do. Saw them put the banners up at the ABC last night. Gonna be so great!

theaface

You smoke in the house? Or rather, you allow smoking anywhere in the house? Blimey even when I smoked I never did inside, makes the place stink, discolours the walls, causes heating problems as per the above.......

Easy solution, no smoking anywhere in the house. I'm surprised your landlord allows that.

Spot on. Also, at the risk of sounding a tight arse, I don't understand why people don't just throw on a jumper/dressing gown and a pair of slippers/socks if they're feeling chilly - it'd save a fortune!

SKINNER!

Banned
Spot on. Also, at the risk of sounding a tight arse, I don't understand why people don't just throw on a jumper/dressing gown and a pair of slippers/socks if they're feeling chilly - it'd save a fortune!

Because some of us like to walk around the house in the scud. That's why. Comfort > looking like a hobo in your own house.

NinjaBoiX

Musha, don't get me started!

No, we aren't supposed to smoke in the house, so we don't. (Well, we smoke in the utility room out the back which is all tiled with the window open fully). But Glen is a lazy cunt and refuses to come downstairs, so he sits in his room/cave with the heating blasting and the window wide open so he can smoke. I still need to open some windows when I come in to air the place out a bit.

But you can't tell the guy. He's lived with his overbearing mother his whole life, and he got away with murder. Did fuck all, sat about in his room getting wrecked all day playing games, refused to help out in any way, basically what he does now. Mention anything hat isn't fulfilling his immediate needs and desires and he bites your head off, he just doesn't want to know.

His mammy still does his shopping and washing for him to this day, and he gives her no thanks for it. Dude needs to grow the fuck up and sort his life out.

I like the guy, but he's a big fucking baby.

Edit: aface and shorty also have the right idea.

Will you three talk to him, make him see sense? He might listen to the advice of well meaning strangers! ;)

Son Of D

Longer than that I think. Network Rail now reckons it'll be 4-6 weeks to get it fixed.

Also Dawlish got three mentions at Prime Ministers Questions. That must be some sort of record.

Yeah I saw the updates, I heard that it'll be approximately a couple of months now. I better start getting used to buses and coaches.

Musha, don't get me started!

No, we aren't supposed to smoke in the house, so we don't. (Well, we smoke in the utility room out the back which is all tiled with the window open fully). But Glen is a lazy cunt and refuses to come downstairs, so he sits in his room/cave with the heating blasting and the window wide open so he can smoke. I still need to open some windows when I come in to air the place out a bit.

But you can't tell the guy. He's lived with his overbearing mother his whole life, and he got away with murder. Did fuck all, sat about in his room getting wrecked all day playing games, refused to help out in any way, basically what he does now. Mention anything hat isn't fulfilling his immediate needs and desires and he bites your head off, he just doesn't want to know.

His mammy still does his shopping and washing for him to this day, and he gives her no thanks for it. Dude needs to grow the fuck up and sort his life out.

I like the guy, but he's a big fucking baby.

Edit: aface and shorty also have the right idea.

Will you three talk to him, make him see sense? He might listen to the advice of well meaning strangers! ;)

And this is why I won't live with other people.

Give me his number, I'll call him and set him straight.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Cold and windy here, though no actual rain. Nearly no customers though.

... mind you, it didn't exactly help that I forgot to turn the sign round this morning, so it still said "Closed" on the outside.

Because some of us like to walk around the house in the scud. That's why. Comfort > looking like a hobo in your own house.

For some of us, sitting in the lounge wearing a frayed dressing grown, comical oversized slippers, fingerless gloves and a tattered beanie hat while eating beans from the can IS comfort Shorty.

Symphonia

Banned
The only train station in my town is flooded so there's no trains today and no way for people to get there to find out any means of alternative transport. Today was manic in the town centre because of this, made looking for a job even more depressing than it already is because of the rain. I could've stayed in and searched online but I feel more productive when I get out and about. Still found nothing though. Job hunting sucks.

Got in about half-hour ago. Started downloading Outlast (currently at 17% with forty minutes remaining) and have some Nerds and Sunny D to see me through the night. I'll probably watch some Office US, too, or maybe finally get around to watching Seven Psychopaths on Netflix. I've been meaning to watch it for some time.

8bit

Knows the Score
It's quiet, get yer dancin' shoes on.

Aretha Franklin - Rocksteady (Danny Krivit edit) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6f_0R7HLR4

Rufus & Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody (Frankie Knuckles Hallucinogenic Version) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL1R0yK4pEI

Roy Ayers - Everybody Loves The Sunshine : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M36OGCfYp3A

Rotary Connection - Respect : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2elj9jm4RU0

Marlena Shaw - Woman of the Ghetto (Live) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeYJxXBPtRU

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Happy birthday IamMikeside! I should have bunked off today so we could hang out, I just got to work and there is nothing doing :(

Have a badass day fella!

SmokyDave

Happy Birthday Mike!

Cold and windy here, though no actual rain. Nearly no customers though.

... mind you, it didn't exactly help that I forgot to turn the sign round this morning, so it still said "Closed" on the outside.
Slick business tactic, chap. Make yourself look so busy that you needed an unscheduled day off.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Fucking strike.

Second day late.

Leave earlier, you got no excuse today kid!

Saw on the news yesterday people talking about one, two hour waits. Can't you get pretty much anywhere on foot in two hours in London?

edit: and aren't you only in 6th form? That's a day in bed man. They'll understand

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Thanks, you guys - I love the shit out of you all.

Gonna have a spliff and play some games.
Aw yiss.

lol rub it in why don't ya. I'm counting picoseconds over here :p

What are you going to 'play' (if that's what you can call starting games but never finishing them)?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Need to decide how to spend my day. My options (other than finding some work to do, but I really don't think there is any, I'm on top of shit yo) are:

1. read comics on my iPad, hide it whenever someone comes up the stairs to my office. Can't really play games because the lights in the office really reflect on the screen and I would look a bit suss sitting in the dark
2. try to write something, but I don't really have any inspiration. Still need to lock down the conspiracy idea I have, also a couple of other short ideas. But man, I dunno, I'm feeling a bit restless
3. argue with people on the internet. Hey who wants to argue with me? :p

writing this killed 5 mins, it's a start.

NinjaBoiX

My liquid start time is going to really hinder me when I get a job with a strict start time.
I hear that bro! Flexi-time has spoilt me rotten. But to be fair, any job that requires I actually do some work is going to be a shock to the system once I alight this gravy train. Bring it on man, I'm done living on Easy Street!

Also, fuck iPhone's. I'm going back to Android when the S5 comes out. It's small, well made, and has a nice screen. That's about all I could be positive about. Tash was right, the grass is not greener, it hasn't solved any of the issues I had with my old phone, it's just introduced a load of new ones.

Fisher Price phone indeed.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I hear that bro! Flexi-time has spoilt me rotten. But to be fair, any job that requires I actually do some work is going to be a shock to the system once I alight this gravy train. Bring it on man, I'm done living on Easy Street!

Also, fuck iPhone's. I'm going back to Android when the S5 comes out. It's small, well made, and has a nice screen. That's about all I could be positive about. Tash was right, the grass is not greener, it hasn't solved any of the issues I had with my old phone, it's just introduced a load of new ones.

Fisher Price phone indeed.

I don't even know how you can have issues with a phone, man. I've had my iphone 4 since release, had nary a problem with it. It txts, it makes and receives calls, stores podcasts and lets me read naughty stuff while I'm waiting for the bus. What else do you need?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While not quite the same, I have an Android tablet while I bought my mother an iPad. I think I prefer Android personally. Pattern lock screen, cleaner desktop, back button. Just little differences but enough for me to have a preference.

I'm not vested into the app markets so that's not really a concern on mine.

NinjaBoiX

I don't even know how you can have issues with a phone, man. I've had my iphone 4 since release, had nary a problem with it. It txts, it makes and receives calls, stores podcasts and lets me read naughty stuff while I'm waiting for the bus. What else do you need?
The battery life is a joke, I've got to turn the brightness down to a quarter for it to last the day.

The keyboard is kind of annoying, swiftkey was perfect.

Android is so much more flexible and customisable.

The way it stores pictures irritates me. Why is there two seemingly random folders and why do they sometimes just disappear?

The screen is too small in all honesty, but maybe that's because I came from a Note (Samsung Galaxy Note! Yeah Boyee!!!!!) ;)

No haptic feedback, I miss that.

I dunno, blah blah blah, I just don't like it. It's a lovely bit of kit, just not a very good phone compared to Android devices.

Lets debate something, how about: Bigfoot is real (my position). Go.
I'm not convinced, it's just an albino gorilla.

My theory: Jesus drove a motorhome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom