• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

So are you joining Manc GAF then? Woo!
That's the plan Sploat! I still need to pull my finger out and really start looking for work, but yeah, it's happening. My bro won't let it lie, he keeps that fire under my arse lit. Someone has to!

I'm so looking forward to the fresh start man. And living somewhere that isn't a cultural cesspit.

Symphonia

Banned
I quite enjoyed working in a call centre to be fair. You got to wear your own decent clobber instead of a shitty uniform, you had actual facilities for making something to eat, there was people your own age to have a bit craic with and plenty of eye candy walking around.
My first office job was a call centre for Virgin Media in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was in a beautiful location overlooking the riverside/recreational ground area. We had a huge open plan office divided into bays, with massive bay windows and a balcony. The canteen was great, too, with a TV and Xbox 360 hooked up. The staff were amazing, too, and could have plenty of banter with them. Loads of gorgeous girls there, still in touch with a few.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose it depends on what kind of office job it is.

BzWG0pu.jpg

79SG0A2.jpg

0hOJr8r.jpg

Edit: forgive me if that comes out looking like crap, I can't even work the toaster properly.

Symphonia

Banned
Can't read the second panel for toffee but I lol'd. Our call centre wasn't quite as robotic as that, mind, we didn't have a script to stick to which made the job both easier and harder at the same time.

Also, successful sext was successful. It really 'worked its magic' on her, apparently. Not bad for a first attempt. Still felt weird, though, I may get used to it in time.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The motherfucking boat is exploding!

Some of Ellis' best work. Elvis MODOKS. Ha!

Also, successful sext was successful. It really 'worked its magic' on her, apparently. Not bad for a first attempt. Still felt weird, though, I may get used to it in time.

I'm rubbish at it myself. I'm rubbish at gauging what's appropriate. I jump from extremes too. One minute I'm all "I want to caress your arm hair", the next I'm saying "let me quaff a glass of your anal mucus".

No grey squares on a chessboard, I guess.

NinjaBoiX

My first office job was a call centre for Virgin Media in Stratford-upon-Avon. Loads of gorgeous girls there, still in touch with a few.
By far the best thing about working in a call centre as a young lad.

I worked at MFI contact centre for about two years, wall to wall fit birds. I was in a fairly serious relationship at the time, but it didn't last long after I started there, I was 20 years old and in my element. I was seeing two girls from work when my GF found out I was being a bad lad. To be fair, don't snoop in someone else's phone when they're in the shower eh?

Don't start none, won't be none.

Suzanne Gibson doe, holy moly mother of god... *o*
Wait, I thought it was XBoi? N-Xoi just sounds daft mate, come on. It doesn't even roll off the tongue or anything. ;P

I just posted this in FPF, but screw it, more tunes for the hip-hop heads (read Shorty now Kent had abandoned us):

D.I.T.C - Thick

Edan - Funky Voltron

Hieroglyphics - At The Helm

Symphonia

Banned
I'm rubbish at it myself. I'm rubbish at gauging what's appropriate. I jump from extremes too. One minute I'm all "I want to caress your arm hair", the next I'm saying "let me quaff a glass of your anal mucus".
I honestly had no idea where to begin with mine so I went with the usual dinner table setting and went from there. We ended up in the shower. It seemed to work though. I need to be more experimental next time.

I worked at MFI contact centre for about two years, wall to wall fit birds. I was in a fairly serious relationship at the time, but it didn't last long after I started there, I was 20 years old and in my element. I was seeing two girls from work when my GF found out I was being a bad lad. To be fair, don't snoop in someone else's phone when they're in the shower eh?
Ahaha, Ninj is a playa - confirmed. And definitely the ex's fault - if you don't want to be hurt, don't actively seek out the truth. She only herself to blame for going through your own phone rather than minding her own business. But, yes, I can hardly blame you for wanting to stray. Call centres play host to some truly beautiful specimens.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

I worked at MFI contact centre for about two years, wall to wall fit birds. I was in a fairly serious relationship at the time, but it didn't last long after I started there, I was 20 years old and in my element.
9g0z1ar.gif

I was seeing two girls from work when my GF found out I was being a bad lad. To be fair, don't snoop in someone else's phone when they're in the shower eh?

Don't start none, won't be none.
She only herself to blame for going through your own phone rather than minding her own business.

s5nqa7Q.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Edit: haha JB! Love that Kermit gif.

No grey squares on a chessboard, I guess.
This is a great saying! I'm using this.

I dunno, I just let my mind wander and type whatever comes naturally, kind of like automatic writing. Then give it a read and elaborate/edit where needed. It's got to be evocative but not to the point of being blunt. If you get a twinge reading it back to yourself, you've struck gold. :p
Ahaha, Ninj is a playa - confirmed. And definitely the ex's fault - if you don't want to be hurt, don't actively seek out the truth. She only herself to blame for going through your own phone rather than minding her own business. But, yes, I can hardly blame you for wanting to stray. Call centres play host to some truly beautiful specimens.
I dunno man, her checking my phone isn't really comparable to me sleeping with two other girls behind her back. I was being a dickhead and deserved to get dumped.

And to be fair, she only looked at my phone because she had suspicions. Quite rightly it transpired!

I felt bad, she was cool. :/

Dynasty Warriors is going to be my guilty pleasure on the Vita. So cheesy, yet so god damn fun.

Explains a lot.

Symphonia

Banned
I dunno man, her checking my phone isn't really comparable to me sleeping with two other girls behind her back. I was being a dickhead and deserved to get dumped.
I'm not saying it is but no good ever comes of checking your partners phone, emails, Facebook, etc. They will always find something to start an argument about, be it past flames messaging you, you liking a photo of some girl or, in your case, just having some fun with some lasses from work. My ex did it to my phone (and subsequently threw my phone against the wall and smashed it, not happy) and, yeah, was not pretty.

Son Of D

It can take a while to get used to sexting. Did for me anyway. My first time doing it was horrendous because not only was I awkward and shy about what I was saying, but the guy I was dating at the time pretty much said that he wanted to rape me. I ended the sexting right there because it got too uncomfortable for me. Stopped dating not long after that. It wouldn't have lasted long anyway as I found out that he just used people for sex and dropped people very quickly when "new meat" came along.

Second time was good though. Went on for a while, then he invited me over (he lived not too far from me). Led to very good sex.

You know, I never understood the context of this gif. Kermit and Christian Bale? Sure, why not? I'm missing something, that's for sure.

Dynasty Warriors is going to be my guilty pleasure on the Vita. So cheesy, yet so god damn fun.

Dynasty Warriors has been a guilty pleasure since the fifth game (I think that was 2005 or 2006) but they're so fun. Looking forward to Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends when it releases, as well as Hyrule Warriors.

However much I dislike working in an office now, it's still better than my call centre job. 4 years of mind numbingly boring dullness, working with bell ends, feeling a little bit of my soul dying everyday. How I survived through that I'll never know. At least I get to use my brain now.

NinjaBoiX

I'm not saying it is but no good ever comes of checking your partners phone, emails, Facebook, etc. They will always find something to start an argument about, be it past flames messaging you, you liking a photo of some girl or, in your case, just having some fun with some lasses from work. My ex did it to my phone (and subsequently threw my phone against the wall and smashed it, not happy) and, yeah, was not pretty.
The whole "don't start none" line was me being facetious dude, false bravado masking regret. Yes, she shouldn't have looked at my phone, and I had a go at her about that. But my wrongdoing was far more serious than hers!

"If you don't want to be hurt, don't actively seek out the truth" is backwards logic and hardly conducive to a healthy relationship. If I wasn't cheating there would've been nothing to find other than knob gags and bullshit male banter.

You do seem to have a fairly skewed, misogynistic outlook on relationships at times.

Just sayin' brah.

pJfLQsa.jpg

Hot.

Symphonia

Banned
It can take a while to get used to sexting. Did for me anyway. My first time doing it was horrendous because not only was I awkward and shy about what I was saying, but the guy I was dating at the time pretty much said that he wanted to rape me. I ended the sexting right there because it got too uncomfortable for me. Stopped dating not long after that. It wouldn't have lasted long anyway as I found out that he just used people for sex and dropped people very quickly when "new meat" came along.

Second time was good though. Went on for a while, then he invited me over (he lived not too far from me). Led to very good sex.
As far as I know, some people do like 'rape play' but if what he was saying was flat-out rape, yeah, I don't blame for you wanting to get out. I can't imagine that kind of relationship being healthy whatsoever, constantly having to look over your shoulder in case, yeah, you know. Good job you bailed on him before it got too serious.

As for getting used to it, I'm sure it will come in time. It's just I'm far more comfortable actually engaging in the act rather than simply describing it. I didn't know if I was being too vague with what I was saying or whether I was heading towards some sort of Fifty Shades spin-off. I'd obviously much rather be there with her and do it. Ah, well, seeing her again on Saturday night and all day Sunday.

You do seem to have a fairly skewed, misogynistic outlook on relationships at times.
How do you know there's not a reason for that? For all you know, I may have been fucked over in the past and, as a defense, I myself am putting on some sort of facade to mask the hurt and make myself seem like a dick so I don't get hurt again. I wouldn't say its misogynistic, though, and I'm sorry if it comes across that way. I don't condone cheating in any way, having been there, done that on both sides.

I'm just going to shut up, I sound like a dick when I can't explain myself properly :/

Son Of D

Just when I think the internet stops delivering. This is great.

As far as I know, some people do like 'rape play' but if what he was saying was flat-out rape, yeah, I don't blame for you wanting to get out. I can't imagine that kind of relationship being healthy whatsoever, constantly having to look over your shoulder in case, yeah, you know. Good job you bailed on him before it got too serious.

As for getting used to it, I'm sure it will come in time. It's just I'm far more comfortable actually engaging in the act rather than simply describing it. I didn't know if I was being too vague with what I was saying or whether I was heading towards some sort of Fifty Shades spin-off. I'd obviously much rather be there with her and do it. Ah, well, seeing her again on Saturday night and all day Sunday.

It wasn't rape play, I could tell what exactly he wanted to do. Still, I haven't seen him for a long time thankfully. I'll agree with the second paragraph, it's easier for me to do it instead of describing it. Actions speak louder than words etc.

AcridMeat

Banned
Wait, I thought it was XBoi? N-Xoi just sounds daft mate, come on. It doesn't even roll off the tongue or anything. ;P

I just posted this in FPF, but screw it, more tunes for the hip-hop heads (read Shorty now Kent had abandoned us):

D.I.T.C - Thick

Edan - Funky Voltron

Hieroglyphics - At The Helm
Was poking fun at your earlier post is all. Purposefully bad nicks are my forte. All of the above links are great, good on ya. Eating lunch and about to bounce outa here.

NinjaBoiX

However much I dislike working in an office now, it's still better than my call centre job. 4 years of mind numbingly boring dullness, working with bell ends, feeling a little bit of my soul dying everyday. How I survived through that I'll never know. At least I get to use my brain now.
Oh the work was spirit-crushing, but the social life was awesome!

I tell you where was fun to work, MaccyD's. I'm not even joking, I had a blast working there. They certainly wanted their pound of flesh, but it was good fun.
Was poking fun at your earlier post is all. Purposefully bad nicks are my forte. All of the above links are great, good on ya. Eating lunch and about to bounce outa here.
Have a fruitful day big man. Peace.

Oh the work was spirit-crushing, but the social life was awesome!

I tell you where was fun to work, MaccyD's. I'm not even joking, I had a blast working there. They certainly wanted their pound of flesh, but it was good fun.

The people I worked with were dicks, only a couple of half decent people.

Mcds was a good laugh though, probably cos it was only part time. I couldn't imagine working there full time.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I'm on my sixth year of outbound calling to schools. I only really took the job to get time off for band stuffs, but ended up on a perm contract after that went under. I've tried jumping ship a few times but the only jobs that'll have me are too similar. No other decent experience to use really.

Ah, c'est la vie. Not moaning, just venting. Got le Baby to think about now, so I've started to take ze whole thing more seriously.

Symphonia

Banned
Am I the only one who enjoyed working in a call centre? I thought it was a right laugh. I'd love it if I could find a job in one somewhere for my next career.

Dynasty Warriors has been a guilty pleasure since the fifth game (I think that was 2005 or 2006) but they're so fun. Looking forward to Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends when it releases, as well as Hyrule Warriors.

Yeah the Vita version has DW8 plus the XL expansion from what I've read! Awesome. I'll buy that one outright after getting Next as a Plus freebie!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one who enjoyed working in a call centre? I thought it was a right laugh. I'd love it if I could find a job in one somewhere for my next career.

I dunno how long ago you worked in a Call Centre but these days cold calling someone is basically a license for people to be rude to you and not feel guilty. I don't blame them either. We're parasites XD

I don't know how many other Fast Food conniseurs there are here, but in Burger King's recently they'd had wall murals with "[Store Location], Your Local Burger King" written on it, with a cool arty illustration of some local area or figure of note. I now live near Whitechapel and our mural? Infamous serial killer, Jack the Ripper!!

lol

A friend posted on facebook saying the One Show filmed a bunch of stuff for their flood special in my area. Not only is it in my area, it's in the road I used to live in and my mum is in it a bunch, no interview though, probably for the best since my mum is a sixty year old Glaswegian who swears uncontrollably.

Symphonia

Banned
I dunno how long ago you worked in a Call Centre but these days cold calling someone is basically a license for people to be rude to you and not feel guilty. I don't blame them either. We're parasites XD
It was four years ago when I worked at Virgin Media and it was more people calling us than us calling them. Some of the people were genuinely nice but, yeah, some were proper assholes about the most menial of things. My last job involved calling customers who owed money. Now that job, while I loved it, did result in many nasty remarks being made by our customers.

8bit

Knows the Score
I don't know how many other Fast Food conniseurs there are here, but in Burger King's recently they'd had wall murals with "[Store Location], Your Local Burger King" written on it, with a cool arty illustration of some local area or figure of note. I now live near Whitechapel and our mural? Infamous serial killer, Jack the Ripper!!

And, uh, a Ripper with Cheese. Hold the bacon.

NinjaBoiX

And, uh, a Ripper with Cheese. Hold the bacon.
I could murder a Ripper with Cheese right now.

8bit

Knows the Score
Hey, someone mentioned wanting to see Monkey Dust Season 2 recently, could you make yourself known? I might be able to help.

Symphonia

Banned
Ugh, it's so shit how someone can make you feel so worthless in seconds.

EDIT: And yeah, I know, I know. I'm a misogynistic twat who deserved what he got and I only have myself to blame for actually expecting someone who claimed they like me to actually like me, blah fucking blah. Fuck this.

Son Of D

Mario Kart and Bayonetta trailers satisfied me, but man it's looking barren for Wii U. I am so glad I have a backlog at the moment else I'll have nothing to play for a while.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well at least they tried to hide it. TNT left my magazine on the door step in the rain yesterday. Well they've asked me to get back to them on Twitter so I guess I'll do that tomorrow (well today)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Happy love day you cunts!

Time to catch up on what you lot talk about while I'm living my comfortable married life of making dinner, watching telly and having a nice bath.

I'm on my sixth year of outbound calling to schools. I only really took the job to get time off for band stuffs, but ended up on a perm contract after that went under. I've tried jumping ship a few times but the only jobs that'll have me are too similar. No other decent experience to use really.

Ah, c'est la vie. Not moaning, just venting. Got le Baby to think about now, so I've started to take ze whole thing more seriously.

This is the real question that it seems nobody knows the answer to - how do you find a job that suits you? Pretty much everyone I know ended where they are by accident, with varying degrees of happiness. Sometimes it feels like once you're in your lane changing is an impossibility. Especially once those bills start rolling in...

Someone the other day would not take no for an answer, so I told them they interrupted a wank I was having. Which was a lie. That I later made true.

Ugh, it's so shit how someone can make you feel so worthless in seconds.

EDIT: And yeah, I know, I know. I'm a misogynistic twat who deserved what he got and I only have myself to blame for actually expecting someone who claimed they like me to actually like me, blah fucking blah. Fuck this.

baby-crying-450.jpg

Cy I shall let you in on a secret - the world really is against you, there's a newsletter and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom