• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
That song is from Philophobia (their best album)

Thank you for the recommendation. Just finished listening to it. You know that feeling when you hear an album for the first time and you stop what you're doing, blankly pause and just drift away with the music? Can't recall how many times I did that while listening to Philophobia...beautiful album.

get an RX-8 and buy shares in Castrol GTX

RX-8, Celica, S2000 (RIP), MX-5, Eclipse, MR2.

Japanese cars <3<3

Nissan GT-R is king though. Holy shit, I'd donate my ballsack to a thrift store for that car.

Top page!

2013_Nissan_GT-R_--_06-23-2012_1.JPG

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Seems quieter around here these days. Is it just me? I might pick up my spamming, I've been taking a little holiday on Gaming side. It's OK over there, they have canapes. RAGE FILLED CANAPES.

I'm listening to loads of Kanye West at the moment on the strength of his amazing Radio 1 interview. What a guy! I'm not that keen on the first 3 albums but his recent ones are great. That Yeezus, eh? BELTING.

Son Of D

Seems quieter around here these days. Is it just me?

I've noticed that as well. I've been posting less recently, mostly because I feel that I don't have much to add to conversations. That and I've not been online as much due to having breaks. Not sure about everyone else though.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've noticed that as well. I've been posting less recently, mostly because I feel that I don't have much to add to conversations. That and I've not been online as much due to having breaks. Not sure about everyone else though.

It's sad. I miss the good old days.

Mikeside

I've been a lot quieter in here than usual too. I've just been crazy busy with work.
That and I tend to be a lot happier to just read the interesting things you chaps have to say than blather on about my stuff.

Keep entertaining me, BritGAF. I love you guise.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok...

Well today I did nowt really. Random quiet day so I abused Twitter and fangirled out a bit. Now walking home and I will eat when I get home. My phone is infuriating. And I left my Vita at home so I played Super Hexagon at lunch and died 1 second off finishing the first level.

I am quite hungry now. Emma is at her mum's and dad's atmo and we got her younger sister Hyrule Historia for her 23rd birthday because she loves Zelda.

That's me, today.

Mikeside

Ok...

Well today I did nowt really. Random quiet day so I abused Twitter and fangirled out a bit. Now walking home and I will eat when I get home. My phone is infuriating. And I left my Vita at home so I played Super Hexagon at lunch and died 1 second off finishing the first level.

I am quite hungry now. Emma is at her mum's and dad's atmo and we got her younger sister Hyrule Historia for her 23rd birthday because she loves Zelda.

That's me, today.

That's an awesome present to get.
I keep being tempted to get it, then I have to remind myself that I'm not really a big Zelda fan, I just like art and lore books.

Reknoc

Hyrule Hystoria is both the most amazing gift and the worst, in a way at least.

The first section is awesome its got a bunch of concept art and commentary from the designers, the disappointing thing is that its just for skyward sword. Now that book has me wanting books that are just like that section for all the previous games.

jimbor

Banned
Seems quieter around here these days. Is it just me? I might pick up my spamming, I've been taking a little holiday on Gaming side. It's OK over there, they have canapes. RAGE FILLED CANAPES.

I'm listening to loads of Kanye West at the moment on the strength of his amazing Radio 1 interview. What a guy! I'm not that keen on the first 3 albums but his recent ones are great. That Yeezus, eh? BELTING.

WhatsApp killed BritGAF.

Marc

anyone else like to self loathe? im addicted to it, i just cant stop hating myself!

S'ok , you're not alone. I hate you too.

I kid. :) Work is putting me on a downer, biggest pile of cunts I have ever worked with. Like high school California girls or something. Nearly everything else about the job is great though so just have to suck it up but hard not to get dragged down some days.

How come there seems to be a divide between footy gaf and brit gaf btw? Similar humour, members from same sort of area but don't really see anyone posting in both.

If you haven't already, check the guardian s of the galaxy trailer... looks cool.

How come there seems to be a divide between footy gaf and brit gaf btw? Similar humour, members from same sort of area but don't really see anyone posting in both

I'd like to post in FootyGAF, but I never have time to watch full games these days and I'm always behind on news. I'm off this week so I watched City/Chelsea, Liverpool/Arsenal and City/Barca over the last few days.

Looking forward to the World Cup in a few months though. I'll be off so I should get to see a good chunk of the games.

Mikeside

Footygaf is pretty hard to join - I tried once and couldn't get a word in.

I think Quiche is fairly active in there so he can be the BritGaf ambassador there

Son Of D

How come there seems to be a divide between footy gaf and brit gaf btw? Similar humour, members from same sort of area but don't really see anyone posting in both.

Well I'm part of a rare breed of Englishman who doesn't like football. Well ok don't like watching it or playing the Fifa/PES games. I don't mind playing a casual game with friends, but it's not something I would do often. Although that could be down to me sucking at it.

If you haven't already, check the guardian s of the galaxy trailer... looks cool.

It is looking good. I've had 'Hooked on a Feeling' stuck in my head though because of that.

8bit

Knows the Score
I don't like football, I grew up in Glasgow and had no wish to go to the big hoose or paradise as they both seemed to be asshole conventions.

Marc

I'd like to post in FootyGAF, but I never have time to watch full games these days and I'm always behind on news. I'm off this week so I watched City/Chelsea, Liverpool/Arsenal and City/Barca over the last few days.

Looking forward to the World Cup in a few months though. I'll be off so I should get to see a good chunk of the games.

Should join in mate, good laugh to read if nothing else. :)

Me too, although I am not expecting anything other than dire football from England. My only hope is some young players get played and they grow a little.

Footygaf is pretty hard to join - I tried once and couldn't get a word in.

I think Quiche is fairly active in there so he can be the BritGaf ambassador there

I get that feeling here. :D

Just wondered as they talk about non-football stuff as well, will ask them too when CL calms down.

Well I'm part of a rare breed of Englishman who doesn't like football. Well ok don't like watching it or playing the Fifa/PES games. I don't mind playing a casual game with friends, but it's not something I would do often. Although that could be down to me sucking at it.

It is looking good. I've had 'Hooked on a Feeling' stuck in my head though because of that.

That's cool, most of the people I know 'follow' football but don't actually like it... more for appearances. I got into it later than I would have otherwise, as my dad wasn't about and my mum obviously isn't into it so had to discover it on my own. Feel like I missed out when shite like Downing can get something like £60,000 a week. :(

Never heard of the comic but looks like great fun for a movie, really looking forward to it now.

8bit/Cheezmo - Just wondered as you guys all meet up, think they do sometimes as well so thought there would be some crossed paths there.

I don't know why footy Gaf don't come in here, but we don't go in there because most of us don't like football.

Work has been sucking lately, and they've cracked down on internet and phone usage so I can't really post or even browse much during the day now.

I'm getting a bit sick of it, might see if there's anything else out there.

Really looking forward to Friday guys, I really need to let off some steam.

8bit

Knows the Score
8bit/Cheezmo - Just wondered as you guys all meet up, think they do sometimes as well so thought there would be some crossed paths there.

TBH I didn't realise there was a football thread as I tend to mentally censor that word. I've had a look and they're talking about football, so it's not really the sort of place I'd think to visit. I'm sure on non kickyball days the conversation wouldn't be entirely unlike this thread but it seems quite fast moving and I'd be lost pretty quicky.

I couldn't stand football in any capacity. Until I started playing Fifa on my Vita last week....and I'm actually enjoying it. That's right, the Vita is so damn fabulous it makes football seem okay in video game form.

I think I might have to chop off my thumbs to stop the football hooliganus maximus virus spreading to the rest of my body.

Symphonia

Banned
I never knew playing a videogame could be so stress-inducing.

Then I played Tomb Raider.

I need to play Demon's Souls sometime. I can only imagine my rage playing that.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I never knew playing a videogame could be so stress-inducing.

Then I played Tomb Raider.

I need to play Demon's Souls sometime. I can only imagine my rage playing that.

Is Tomb Raider good? Can you start in hard mode? And are there loads of pointless things to collect? How annoying is the story?

Symphonia

Banned
Is Tomb Raider good?
I'm thoroughly enjoying it and feel compelled to complete it. It's been a long time since I've felt compelled to see a game through to the end.

Can you start in hard mode?
You can, yes.

And are there loads of pointless things to collect?
There are a load of things you can choose to collect but they're not essential to progress further in the game. It does add backstory, however, and is needed if you wish to 100% the game.

How annoying is the story?
It's pretty decent, aye, it's basically a complete reboot of Tomb Raider and explains how Lara Croft became who she is. Basically, forget Revelations ever happened.

Mikeside

I think the story is a bit meh, but no worse than most other videogame stories.

The gameplay is super fun, though. I just hope they put some more classic Tomb Raider puzzles in the next one and make the optional Tombs a bit more epic

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sounds good! I'd like a new big game, you see. Ghosts is fun for the MP but I'm really down on AC4 after finishing the story. Its the first game I've played like that and I don't think they're for me.

Symphonia

Banned
For a game called Tomb Raider, it really did severely lack any amazingly epic tombs. I hope they take a leaf out of Ubisoft's book and add tombs on par to those featured in Assassin's Creed.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've never played a Tomb Raider game before so I have no expectations. I'm actually a bit pessimistic because I thought Knack and Killzone were rubbish and the more I play AC4 the more I want to bin it. So glad to have Resogun!

Mikeside

I've never played a Tomb Raider game before so I have no expectations. I'm actually a bit pessimistic because I thought Knack and Killzone were rubbish and the more I play AC4 the more I want to bin it. So glad to have Resogun!
I'm loving ac4 but hated Kz. Won't even try Knack based on hating it at eurogamer

NinjaBoiX

sploatee, you missed last gen entirely right? Here's what you do, trade in your PS4 and get a PS3 and a stack of awesome pre-owned games. Uncharted/Mass Effect/Dead Space/Arkham trilogies, Portal 2, TLoU, Vanquish, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, X-Com, Dishonored, Journey, WipEout HD Fury, blah blah blah.

So much good stuff. Pick up another PS4 in a year or so when there is a decent library, I can almost guarantee you'll get more fun per pound out of last gen at the minute.

Edit: oh, and play Dark Souls. You know, it's alright I suppose.

Mikeside

... He's right

Uncharted 1&2
The Last of Us
Ratchet and Clank: Tools
GTA V
Infamous 2
Tomb Raider
Dead Space 1&2
Portal 1&2
Red Dead Redemption
Dishonored
Beatles Rock Band
Askham Asylum
God of War 3
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2

You could have a pretty great time with a ps3

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Or buy a Wii U and experience the best of this gen and the previous gen. ;)

Buy a cheap DS. We all know handhelds were king last gen. In fact DS + Elite Beat Agent. Gen over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom