• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Dude was being a dick, but I gotta disagree with you about Patriotism. Being proud of your heritage and where you're from is a really nice thing. I wasn't patriotic until I left Wales, and however much I may slag it off now I'm still proud to say I'm Welsh and if anyone not Welsh slags off my country I will defend it.

Same here. There's something very special about a country where poetry is a competitive sport. I feel privileged to be Welsh and still shed a tear every time I go back.

I'M NOT DEAD!

Not that I would be, but I've been a stranger for a bit. So I feel bad for that. Well, not really. Been commuting since the start of the year for my new job, 1h30 each way, so that kills much of my time just for everything - weekends recovering, but looks like I'll be moving to Sheffield in the next month which'll be nice. Oh fuck I have to move house that involves packing.

SO time to catch up on recent conversations.

SCOTLAND - I was going to make a joke about my opinions on independence using the lyrics of safety dance but they didn't really work. Imagine it yourself, ta. You know, leave your friends behind, no friend of mine. I'll let them have their time getting all excited by the idea before realism kicks in.
WHATSAPP - Joke here about Facebook and stuff.
TOMB RAIDER - New one is pretty good. Not sure if the plot's not as good as it thinks it is, or I'm unable to take it seriously/not been paying attention. Bit of all three.
PEOPLE WATCHING YOU EAT - It's weird
COMMENTING ON EVERYTHING THAT'S BEEN DISCUSSED BUT JUST SLIGHTLY TOO LATE - Also weird

Symphonia

Banned
TOMB RAIDER - New one is pretty good. Not sure if the plot's not as good as it thinks it is, or I'm unable to take it seriously/not been paying attention. Bit of all three.
It started out fairly decent, with 'Lara & Friends' struggling to survive on an uncharted island but even I'll admit it got weird towards the end. The last boss fight was predictable,
having seen that guy crop up a fair few times you just knew you'd have to face him at some point. One hell of a tough bastard, though
. Still, it was an overlu enjoyable game and I look forward to the sequel.

NinjaBoiX

Had a great time guys.

The sploat's are as lovely as I expected, CHEEZMO is a dude, funny as fuck.

SteveWD40:

uWudPb5.gif

A mansized man. Had a great time chatting shit dude, would hang out again. MOS DEF.

Top. Fucking. Geeza.

Chinner

Banned
i always remember george carlin's line about patriotism. the word 'proud' is strange to use because it implies that you do something to get your heritage, while the only thing you really do is exist because of your parents. just word usage i guess, but i'm happy to be british.

either way, evidence is stacking up that musha is a edl member.

jimbor

Banned
Just been out filming kids falling over and got accused of being a paedophile and threatened with physical violence. Not the best start to a Sunday.

Danj

So how are folks this fine Sunday morning? I have another 3 day weekend this week so I've got tomorrow to look forward to as well.

NinjaBoiX

Just been out filming kids falling over and got accused of being a paedophile and threatened with physical violence. Not the best start to a Sunday.

Why are you in Birmingham Jim?
4H8ern5.gif

(Any excuse to break out that gif, thanks guys!)
So how are folks this fine Sunday morning? I have another 3 day weekend this week so I've got tomorrow to look forward to as well.
I'm not back until Wednesday, fuck yeah!

Going out food shopping with my bro and Michelle in a bit, then we're heading out to Withington for a few beers while she cooks a roast lamb dinner. Nom. We'll probably head into Manc centre tonight, then lunch out somewhere tomorrow before I head home.

Awesome weekend is awesome.

jimbor

Banned
Maria's mother's penultimate weekend here plus her brother is back from Germany. To celebrate we're shortly heading to Richmond Park but not before the mother has finished cooking a fuckload of food for breakfast and picnic. Biliashi, hatsapury(sp?), piroshki and far more.

I'm going to be eating like a king today.

8bit

Knows the Score

As my wife is sick, my daughter is asleep and my son is playing Pilotwings on the 3DS I'm continuing to rip my CD collection to 100% log & cue FLACs while reading through http://www.tvgohome.com/ for the nth time.

ku-medium.gif

Maria's mother's penultimate weekend here plus her brother is back from Germany. To celebrate we're shortly heading to Richmond Park but not before the mother has finished cooking a fuckload of food for breakfast and picnic. Biliashi, hatsapury(sp?), piroshki and far more.

I'm going to be eating like a king today.

I have no idea what those foods are but they sound exciting.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
My jaw did ache from laughing at one point.

All you missed was a Latvian girl trying to seduce me while Ninj was having a piss.

And you missed me getting felt up on the bus on the way home. Ran into a certain someone at the bus stop.

Jurassic park.

Head is a little sore from my night out. My ears have been deafened by the music too. Had a really good night though, going to miss my mate (it was his leaving thing)! Holding back the bro tears!

Today I'm going to eat a lot and finish TLOU
just had the revelation of who David is, now running for my life to lure his men away! Something seemed....off about him, but I was not expecting that twist!

So I was watching First Dates (4:40), as you do, and I have to share this exchange which had me go all
CSDG2ua.gif

Mark: I'm a big fan of sex. If I'm going a couple of weeks without it, I start asking myself, "Could I be gay?"

*London lad Mark is meeting 23-year-old Clare, a hairdresser from Kent*

Mark: To be fair, when I see you, I thought...I'm not going to lie, I did check you out. You've got a lovely bum on ya, straight up.
Clare: You pervert!
Mark: No, in a nice way, not a pervy way, like "Oh I'm going to rape her"...
*She Gasps*
Clare: Just throw that out there!
Mark: You know what I mean, though?
Clare: Getting thrown out there!

Man, this episode was a wash. Usually, this show isn't that cringy XD

I've realised it, all the couples they don't feature but you can see in the background are the normal ones. And this show just picks the crazy ones. But then some of these aired couples sound boring and normal too. Man, reality shows are weird.

jimbor

Banned
Which one is the potato & onion doughnut? I'm intrigued by this.

The slightly more oblong shaped ones. Piroshki. My girlfriend is of Pontian descent, a Greek lot who seem to have picked the best bits of Georgian, Russian, Turkish, Greek etc culture and food.

Her ma has been staying over for the past two months which means I've been fed a lot. Put on 2.5kg in that time as my knee is fucked so stopped running. She's going back next Sunday so I'll drop the weight but miss the food.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Nice tunes Sploat, just what I needed for my sore head. One nice chilled number from me:

Walter Martin feat. Karen O - Sing To Me

Lol at the Partridge:

"He's beggin' us man."

Simon Greenall's accent is flawless.

Come guys! Meet the rest of the posse.

OVERSHARE ALERT

I'll have to see how mental health is. Still on mend and yesterday took a lot out of me (not because of you guys! But new people, public places etc etc

jimbor

Banned

That place gets absolutely rammed Thursday - Sunday. Not been earlier than that but imagine it'd be a bit quieter.

London GAF, i'm in Southwark for the next 4 days with work. Know any good boozers in the area?

Drafthouse just by Tower Bridge does great beer and then you have the gimmick of good beer in steins (albeit a tad pricey) in Katzenjammers. There are a few spit and sawdust boozers around too, depends what you like really.

Edit: Also the Boot and Flogger is worth a visit. A wine bar really but does bottles of beer. Very old place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom