• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
Hey, any of you folk in or near Oxford and looking for work? Want to work as a QA on a Dungeon Keeper inspired space game?

http://maiagame.com/jobs.php

PROBE 233.23.A CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

INCOMING TRANSMISSION:
QA/Tester

We are looking for someone to fill our internal testing needs. The role will involve verifying new features, regression testing and managing the life cycle of software defects. It will also involve producing detailed qualitative feedback on usability. Other responsabilities will involve replicating and managing bug reports from third parties such as alpha testers or external QA services.

Currently the contract will be about 14 hours a week and can be performed remotely. This will likely become closer 26 hours a week towards the end of our development cycle later in the year.

The Maia team has fortnightly meetings in Oxford so we'd like someone reasonably local who can attend these (travel costs can be covered).

Requirements:

Experience in testing at least one published software or video game title. (AAA development preferred).
Proficiency in Windows, Mac and Linux (Mint/Ubuntu) operating systems.
Extremely good verbal and written communication skills.
People skills!
Preferred:

Strong knowledge of the systems and workings of a modern game engine.
A love of proper science fiction.
Basic scripting abilities.
Extra:

Being a small indie outfit means wearing lots of hats. If you are interested in this role and would like to combine it with another position in the team (for instance community management) do let me know in your application.

To apply Email Simon@maiagame.com with the subject "Maia QA position".

NinjaBoiX

Temple of Convenience recently changed their toilet decor:

1ykHr7w.jpg

nurligH.jpg

So cool.

Also:

1lkhj3g.jpg

Mint bar. It's like a cozy cave with tasty beer and an awesome jukebox.
OVERSHARE ALERT

I'll have to see how mental health is. Still on mend and yesterday took a lot out of me (not because of you guys! But new people, public places etc etc
Fair enough, but you were so sociable and chatty on Saturday!

:/

You good fun sploatee's.

no angel

Oh I just want one for shits 'n' giggles. I can imagine the missus checking it every farts end, I just want to be able to shoot the odd glance from work. Plus, when she's too old for a baby monitor I can reuse it as a spycam.

Ours is March 16th, but I suspect she'll be here before then. Any idea what you're having? How are you feeling about the whole shebang?
We're having a boy, I didn't really want to find out as it's nice to make the most of the few surprises life gives you but my wife wanted to know so what can you do, I'm 50% excited 50% terrified but I reckon that's pretty normal so I don't feel too bad about the whole thing! Nursery is practically done, we've bought everything we need to except a new car for Bri (mini is too impractical) and we're halfway through the NCT classes so we're as prepared as we can be I think. Which doesn't feel that prepared to be honest!

March 16th eh, best of luck. Im hoping for a couple of days early which will give us April fools day. Pretending to forget his birthday is, I suspect, a joke which will never get old.

jimbor

Banned
Temple of Convenience recently changed their toilet decor:

http://i.imgur.com/1ykHr7w.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nurligH.jpg[IMG]

So cool.

Also:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1lkhj3g.jpg[IMG]

Mint bar. It's like a cozy cave with tasty beer and an awesome jukebox.

Fair enough, but you were so sociable and chatty on Saturday!

:/

You good fun sploatee's.[/QUOTE]

Meeting new people although fun, can be so draining. Know my pain.

[QUOTE] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fJcpi0X.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Now I feel bad, was I a bit much?

Don't be daft!!! You were ace. My brain and me just fell out last month so it usually takes a while for me to recover. It's nothing unusual, I have a condition, it flares up sometimes. Just happens to be in my head, that's all.

DO NOT BE THINKING IT WAS TO DO WITH YE, FOR 'TWAS NOT

NinjaBoiX

They should spread the ball more, counter attack on the break and play a deeper defensive line. It's so obvious that a 2-6-1-1 formation would suit their style of play more.

And that Bobby Chilblains? What a chump. One barn door for sale, never hit.

SKINNER!

Banned
What's that? Piers Morgan is tanking hard in the USA? Woo :D :D

wait, that means...he...might be heading back here D: D:

You're making a huge mistake USA. He's great! Give him a late-night show on FX! Keep him!

What's that? Piers Morgan is tanking hard in the USA? Woo :D :D

wait, that means...he...might be heading back here D: D:

You're making a huge mistake USA. He's great! Give him a late-night show on FX! Keep him!

Why is Piers Morgan even a thing? I'm honestly ashamed he's from the U.K and feels proud in speaking for us.

Also,
Twilight Princess in CEX on the GAMECUBE!
WOOO
£48
FUCK THAAAAAAAAAAAT!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That picture is very accurate based on my experiences.

Isn't it??

Do you know in my second year at uni I houseshared with 3 other girls, I think I spoke to them once! I would literally hide away until they were out and then get food and go back into hiding.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Isn't it??

Do you know in my second year at uni I houseshared with 3 other girls, I think I spoke to them once! I would literally hide away until they were out and then get food and go back into hiding.

I'm currently in a similar state and I'm pretty sociable. The problem is, I never properly introduced myself to my housemates and now too much time has passed to amend it, we are just left in a stasis of awkwardness where it is easier just to keep the distance. There must be a Seinfeld episode on a similar subject.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm currently in a similar state and I'm pretty sociable. The problem is, I never properly introduced myself to my housemates and now too much time has passed to amend it, we are just left in a stasis of awkwardness where it is easier just to keep the distance. There must be a Seinfeld episode on a similar subject.

Just... say hi. Acknowledge the weirdness, move past it. In your current state it sounds like you've been backed into this awkwardness by accident. Own it and move past it IMO. "Hey! We've never really properly been introduced have we? My fault, I'm a bit shy. etc etc"

Son Of D

Isn't it??

I'm worried that something would happen with me at uni. Just not talking to housemates much. D:

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm worried that something would happen with me at uni. Just not talking to housemates much. D:

I found uni really hard. Some people take to it straight away but if you don't it can be tough to find people you click with. Joining societies is probably the best thing. I should've done that, but I had a freak out in the societies fair and ended up talking only to the Sufi Muslim society.

(who were lovely by the way, but I wasn't really up for conversion)

Qasiel

Swap out Twilight Princess with Conker's Bad Fur Day, CEX with Ebay, Gamecube with N64 and £48 with £90+. Pretty much the boat I'm in.

:( yeah, screw that.

I just had to check that myself. Sweet Jeebus, one of my mates is going to be happy when I tell him that later on.

8bit

Knows the Score
I think I sold BFD a few years ago but can't seem to find a trace of this in my email. Will have a look later.

Reknoc

I've flipped off the back of my horse. You just have to be hear enemies.

i want to do it on command! also i guess the motion controls as a whole were pretty shit and added nothing other than to make the fishing game exhausting.

Getting the wii version of TP would be like shorty getting the xbox version of BFD :(

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I want the Z1 compact but it's £400 and the Nexus 5 is £240. And my S2 still works.

1st world problems.

SteveWD40

Sat in first class on the train back from London having been told at lunch that after one week they want me to head the Manchester office...

And to top it off, somone just brought me free beer.

Makes a change from being in the self employed wilderness.

NinjaBoiX

I want the Z1 compact but it's £400 and the Nexus 5 is £240. And my S2 still works.

1st world problems.
I'm getting the Z1 Compact next week (probably, if they pull their finger out.) It looks pretty sweet.

Red, obvs.
Sat in first class on the train back from London having been told at lunch that after one week they want me to head the Manchester office...

And to top it off, somone just brought me free beer.

Makes a change from being in the self employed wilderness.
Nice one Steve, fair play big man! They didn't mess around, bloody hell.

BGO8J8m.jpg

Son Of D

1st world problems.

I have a Z1, working perfectly fine and all. Yet I'm considering upgrading to the Z2. That's very uncharacteristic of me.

I just watched Synecdoche, New York. Fucking amazing.

My man. One of my favourite PSH films and probably my favourite Charlie Kaufman film (that or Adaptation).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
i want to do it on command! also i guess the motion controls as a whole were pretty shit and added nothing other than to make the fishing game exhausting.

Getting the wii version of TP would be like shorty getting the xbox version of BFD :(
But on the flip side it's wide screen and has less slowdowns. In reality they both have pro and cons. I just get a bit tired when people dismiss the Wii version as a subpar version when in the end you get the same experience. Also it costs a fraction of the price.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
y61Za.gif

Swap out Twilight Princess with Conker's Bad Fur Day, CEX with Ebay, Gamecube with N64 and £48 with £90+. Pretty much the boat I'm in.

:( yeah, screw that.

I have the original Conker's Bad Fur Day here. Well, somewhere here - being as we have moved house twice recently. But it is definitely in one of these drawers.

If I find it, you may borrow it. As in giving it back when you are done (and if you don't your name will be blackened here for evermore maybe). Sorry to sound rude, but it is pretty well the best game ever and I am very reluctant to let it go even temporarily, but since Microsoft so fucked-up the rerelease I really have got to give you the option! You will need a relatively lightly-used original Nintendo controller to handle the end section, as the third party ones don't seem to hack it.

If interested, drop me a PM.

Twilight Princess in CEX on the GAMECUBE!
WOOO
£48
FUCK THAAAAAAAAAAAT!

I would love to replay this on the Gamecube. Because they flipped it for the Wii I was perpetually flustered as to which direction I was heading (because the sun rose in the west rather than the east, and I belatedly found out that's the way I've been navigating all my life).

Has anyone got one I can borrow (under the same drastic terms as above)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom