• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
Only ever had Papa John's once and that was while on holiday in Yarmouth, where they had one on the Haven site we were staying at. The closest store to me is out of the delivery zone and I can't be arsed to drive there.

8bit

Knows the Score
Hey rich, good to see you. Hope all is going well.

I think I left the UK before Papa Johns was commonplace, is it better than Pizza Hut/Dominos?

If you're a fan of animated films, I recommend the Lego Movie. Saw it today and thought it was fantastic.

I believe the word is awesome.

The song's been stuck in my head for weeks. Think I want to see it again.

On another note - finance check for new flat went through, just waiting on a final date and the contract, so we've started doing a bit of packing. Barely started and the living room is full of boxes. Oh god my draws of audio and video cables and mics and other equipment... today's packing is brought to you by alcohol.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
nC1eHIi.png

R4d23oV.gif

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Missed getting the Nexus 5 at £240. I put off ordering one online because I wanted to get my hands on it in store to see what it was like and now they've bumped the price back up to £284.

Dreaming of the Z1 Compact dropping to £300 or so.

Chinner

Banned
Britgaf has changed. It's no longer about posts, jokes, or assault in the men's toilet. It's an endless series of proxy posts fought by londongaf and the clique. The clique - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. posting has changed. Clique-tagged posters carry clique-tagged posts, use clique-tagged references. Cliqueomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their social skills. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Posting control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. Posting has changed. The age of Musha has become the age of control... All in the name of averting Noffles from Whatsapp. And he who controls the thread... controls history. Posting has changed. When the posts under total control... Posting becomes routine.

Britgaf has changed. It's no longer about posts, jokes, or assault in the men's toilet. It's an endless series of proxy posts fought by londongaf and the clique. The clique - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. posting has changed. Clique-tagged posters carry clique-tagged posts, use clique-tagged references. Cliqueomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their social skills. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Posting control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. Posting has changed. The age of Musha has become the age of control... All in the name of averting Noffles from Whatsapp. And he who controls the thread... controls history. Posting has changed. When the posts under total control... Posting becomes routine.

Give up, just quit, because in this life, you can't win. Yeah, you can try, but in the end you're just gonna lose, big time, because the world is run by the Clique. The Clique, oh, you don't know the Clique. He's everywhere. In the White House... down the hall... Ms. Mullins, she's the Clique. And the Clique ruined the ozone, he's burning down the Amazon, and he kidnapped Shamu and put her in a chlorine tank! And there used to be a way to stick it to the Clique. It was called rock 'n roll, but guess what, oh no, the Man ruined that, too, with a little thing called MTV! Wait no this is just School of Rock

Missed getting the Nexus 5 at £240. I put off ordering one online because I wanted to get my hands on it in store to see what it was like and now they've bumped the price back up to £284.

Dreaming of the Z1 Compact dropping to £300 or so.

I'm thinking of picking up a Nexus 5 or Moto X sim-free too, similar price range. Contract's up, and while I did know it can be cheaper to just buy a phone myself and not subsidise it, I didn't realise -how - much cheaper it can be. It's a big part of being able to keep my current contract too, better deal than they offer now, you get the discount for just carrying it on, but... a good few hundred quid cheaper.

NinjaBoiX

Hey BritGAF Frozen fan boys, this cosplay is hot right?
el6BAIS.jpg

'Cos it's actually a 3D render you sick creepy weirdos:
a7lvM6b.jpg

(To be fair, that's bloody impressive!)
11U1p7i.jpg

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
awp

tumblr_n032a1d4N01qgu2vjo1_1280.jpg

59b0572ac53fb74b3dbad4108b896843.jpg

It actually seems to really be a hard one to nail after 10 mins googling around... the olsen twins should deffo do it doe...

these were the best things i saw, some are legit terrible. others aren't bad but they just don't capture her likeness, obviously it's hard to with disneys proportions in their animation

NinjaBoiX

Edit: Tash, where is Liz? She's the one true Olsen sister. Way too hot for her own good.

Glory support reporting in, League Cup Final kicks off in a few minutes. I just gave the bus driver a "Haway the lads!", he gave me one right back with a thumbs up.

I'm going to miss jolly Sunderland folk.
Anyone have a cheap old iphone they want to sell?
Upgrading in a few weeks to the Z1 Compact.

Join the Android side Darren, you know it makes sense brah.
Still would.
"It's still real to me damn it!"

I can't tell by the pixels for I haven't seen a lot of photoshops in my time.

Darren870

Edit: Tash, where is Liz? She's the one true Olsen sister. Way too hot for her own good.

Glory support reporting in, League Cup Final kicks off in a few minutes. I just gave the bus driver a "Haway the lads!", he gave me one right back with a thumbs up.

I'm going to miss jolly Sunderland folk.

Upgrading in a few weeks to the Z1 Compact.

Join the Android side Darren, you know it makes sense brah.

"It's still real to me damn it!"

I can't tell by the pixels for I haven't seen a lot of photoshops in my time.

Haha, already have one...though very outdated... Its for the GF, hers got stolen last night.

NinjaBoiX

We lost, boo!

Still getting pissed, yiss.

One of the lads looks really young (19) and forgot his ID. He didn't get served in the last pub, so we got served for him. The barmaid noticed and made him hand the beer over to the bar (fucking jobsworth bellend, the place was packed), just as we left he downed a pint that one of the slow pokes had left.

She kicked off, we left. Lol, schoolboy shenanigans.

Also, four gigs booked in one night, Tom Paxton, Dropkick Murphys, The Stranglers and Shonen Knife.

John Wright, I fucking love you man. Fuck yeah!

Love you guys too, fucking mint community this one is.
George has an iPhone 5.
Haaaaaaallo madam....
What's the context here?
I think it's a wresting conference. Not sure.

Dude be passionate man...

jags.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guys where the hell is Kentpaul. I just finished In Bruges and I can't get over how much like Colin Farrell he looks.
I heard a new highstreet store opened up near where he lives so he's busy telling them how much of a waste of time they are and how they should embrace the Amazon future.

Son Of D

Is it me or have things got a bit quieter here? I know it was the weekend so I'm guessing that's what it was.

How was the weekend for everyone anyway?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is it me or have things got a bit quieter here? I know it was the weekend so I'm guessing that's what it was.

probably all sorts of reasons, even the Whatsapp is quiet today. are BGAF *gasp* working today?? haha

Very nice weekend on my end ta. Did very little indeed, loved every second. I played the Last of Us DLC on saturday start to finish in one sitting and it was brilliant. Had band practice yesterday, prepping something special for those who buy the record in a couple of weeks.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Quieter, definitely.

It was OK, thanks. My brain was feeling a bit stale so I've been trying to teach myself more coding and things about game design and read poetry and things like that. Have to keep reminding myself that I have lots of ideas (mostly about miserable games right now) and am not just an office drone. It's not easy though.

This painting sums up my weekend:

DT822.jpg

How was yours?

Normal weekend for me.

On Saturday got smashed in a pub, bumped into some people I recognised from my office, made a damn fool of myself, tickled a stranger, then literally skipped home while listening to Russian techno.

On Sunday woke up at 9, hanging like a mofo but thought "it's good that I'm awake early, today won't be wasted," followed by "I deserve a lie in for waking up so early." So I ended up getting up at 4 in the afternoon. Discovered Tom Yam chicken, its based.

Today had awkward potential. I know I'm going to see the people from the pub again at some point. Must have looked really wierd today, some tall thin guy peeking around the corner of the canteen. going to spend the rest of the week trying to cautiously evade them so there's no odd confrontation, I'm aware I said some pretty strange shit. Oh well.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm in Amsterdam, currently the sixth country I've been in in the last 36 hours. Belgium especially sucks, a country of waffles, frites and dog shit all over the streets. Have been mostly playing xcom the bureau which is slightly clunky but is mostly the shooty bits from mass effect in a 50s us setting and right up my street and also out there on android which is also kind of great, it's a rogue like in space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom