• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
When over the weekend? I'll probably be in Swindon but i may be in Whitechapel for a bit...

Arrive this Friday
Leave Sunday morning.

Going to some WW2 musical on Friday night. Probably sightseeing on Saturday morning. Maybe head to Loading Bar in the evening. I dunno what the exact plan is but my mate's birthday gift from his parents was a weekend to london and he asked if I could tag along. Might as well.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Arrive this Friday
Leave Sunday morning.

Going to some WW2 musical on Friday night. Probably sightseeing on Saturday morning. Maybe head to Loading Bar in the evening. I dunno what the exact plan is but my mate's birthday gift from his parents was a weekend to london and he asked if I could tag along. Might as well.

Not "Springtime for Hitler"?!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Do agree that slap is ovverated as hell but knowing other techniques like slap, tap, pluck, using thumb alongside 2,3 fingers etc differentiats the great bassists from the "I don't know how to drum, sing or chords so I got lobbed with the bass and told to play 3 notes over and over" ones ;)

Also, no picks...never...ever...Not even for fast tracks...never!...except if your name is Jason Newsted...because he's da man.

Fuckin brofist! Picks are horrible. But they DO give a nice zingy twang. But I end up hitting all the strings like a twat...

Aww gutted mate :( Practise session would've been sweet. Oh well, perhaps next time around eurogamer time if I can pull my finger out and go to that or NFL weekend in October if I'm lucky.

Always had a hard-on for Ibanez. So slick, basic and light.
Not sure why but my guitar just sounds shit, dull and loud whenever I slap and every other time I pluck it never makes that twang sound...probably because the strings are too tight...I dunno. Had my current bass guitar since I was 12/13 that my dad bought me. It's cheap, heavy and ugly but it's so sentimental. Already changed the strings 3 years ago...I could just change them again but maybe I can get a decent second-hand Ibanez from Gumtree or something.

haha you remind me of myself - I think I didn't change my strings for about 6 years. DO IT! The difference in sound is night and day. Now I'm forced to change my strings every 6-10 months and it's better for it IMO. A much brighter and buzzier sound.

I agree that there's something important about your first instrument though - def keep it even if you replace it. My Ibanez was my first and it means so much to me. We've been through some shit, me and this bass.

NinjaBoiX

Bloody hell mate, that's blatant!

"Disparate Youth" is a much cooler track name than "Making Plans for Nigel" though. :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5yb2H7Fqi8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Kendrick Lamar - Ronald Reagan Era
Even if you don't like hip hop give it a try. Honestly. Honest.
Noice, I really like this, much better than the stuff from GKMC. His voice sounds so much better too.

Also, speaking of ripping people off and hip-hop, YYY's totally ripped off LL Cool J for this, but I suspect it was in a somewhat more knowing fashion:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Phenomena

I adore this band with every fibre of my being, but man, she writes some fucking nonsense lyrics:

"Don't fall asleep with the motor runnin',
She'll make you sweat in the water,"

Yes Karen, or course.

SKINNER!

Banned
Not "Springtime for Hitler"?!

Would've been nice if it was The Producers but alas... It's "From Here to Enternity" or something along those times. WWII US army debauchery sing-song if I recall correctly.

Fuckin brofist! Picks are horrible. But they DO give a nice zingy twang. But I end up hitting all the strings like a twat...

VtY1PuA.gif

You can replicate that sound by plucking closer to the bridge instead of the fretboard. I can kinda notice a difference in sound when I do it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is this not the best paragraph you've ever read?

crazy conspiracy bitches said:
As the intelligence gathering expanded, a number of shocking facts were uncovered. In 1947, the Dutchman had been involved with Admiral Byrd in the attack of the last Nazi base at the South Pole.

Yeahh I heard From Here to Eternity is really cheesy and cliche'd.

Not something I'd go to see.

Though I doubt it would as boring as some of the things I've seen in the theatre.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Going to the cinema by yourself isn't weird, right? Want to see Gravity.

Symphonia

Banned
Going to the cinema by yourself isn't weird, right? Want to see Gravity.
I've done it once or twice, it's fine. In fact, I prefer going alone rather than with other people as I can concentrate directly on the film rather than conversing with people. And for Gravity, yeah, I'd say it's worth it.

SKINNER!

Banned
shorty - booooo I'm in North Wales all weekend :( would've been good to see you dude. Come down when I'm around next time!

:( Awww Musha nooo! Will definitely give you a shout and make sure you're around before planning my trips to london next time. Promise :D When do tickets for Eurogamer get released anyway? and when is Eurogamer?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've done it once or twice, it's fine. In fact, I prefer going alone rather than with other people as I can concentrate directly on the film rather than conversing with people. And for Gravity, yeah, I'd say it's worth it.

Gravity is good.

But 12 years woz robbed. Robbed!

NinjaBoiX

I still need to see Gravity, it looks right up my street. It was on Sky Movies last night but I'd missed the first 10 minutes. 12 Years looks amazing too, I loved Hunger and Shame.
When do tickets for Eurogamer get released anyway? and when is Eurogamer?
EG last year was my first VG conference, it wasn't what I expected at all. I dunno, I expected a bit more of a party atmosphere; loud music, loads of crazy attractions and people walking about in costumes and stuff.

Turns out it was just a big room full of ludicrous queues, over-priced merchandise and TV screens showing trailers on repeat. I was bored to tears after an hour!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Turns out it was just a big room full of ludicrous queues, over-priced merchandise and TV screens showing trailers on repeat. I was bored to tears after an hour!
You should have gone years ago when it was literally a bunch of TV hooked up to systems in a warehouse. No fancy booths, hardly any reps and no swag. They have been improving.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Hey guys has anyone been redirected to the app store by neogaf mobile over and over again?

My superior GS3 hasn't.....

Mikeside

I still need to see Gravity, it looks right up my street. It was on Sky Movies last night but I'd missed the first 10 minutes. 12 Years looks amazing too, I loved Hunger and Shame.

EG last year was my first VG conference, it wasn't what I expected at all. I dunno, I expected a bit more of a party atmosphere; loud music, loads of crazy attractions and people walking about in costumes and stuff.

Oh hi Debbie Downer!! You just didn't go to any of the cool shit!

Mario Kart tournament, board games, cosplay, all sorts if you look for it

NinjaBoiX

You should have gone years ago when it was literally a bunch of TV hooked up to systems in a warehouse. No fancy booths, hardly any reps and no swag. They have been improving.
That sounds pretty cool actually, all guerrilla style. I could just imagine Dominic Diamond showing up as the MC, armed with some risqué nob gags and other assorted quips.
Can't be as boring as the Edinburgh Interactive Festival...surely.
It's not that it was boring, everyone else seemed to be having fun. I just don't think it was my thing, I wasn't prepared to wait and queue for a game so all I was left with was the aforementioned big room full of nerds and TV's.
Hey guys has anyone been redirected to the app store by neogaf mobile over and over again?

My superior GS3 hasn't.....
Tash, the grass is not greener mate. I should never have doubted you.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'll say it again. I want to go this year. First ever gaming event. Quite exciting!

Might be me solo though, not sure it's Emma's thing.

I'll say it again. I want to go this year. First ever gaming event. Quite exciting!

Might be me solo though, not sure it's Emma's thing.

Come! I'll deffo be going, will probably only do one day again though. I'll be offering up places at Casa del Musha too if you get in there quick...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Only thing I can think of that is coming out later this year is Smash Bros. That's the problem with Eurogamer, they sell the tickets before E3 so you honestly don't know if there'll be games you'll like. But if others are going I may try to tag along this year since going in a group is likely more fun, especially as even the worst game can be made fun with group banter.

Son Of D

I do, yet at the same time I don't want to go to a gaming event. It'll depend entirely on my mood around the time. I wouldn't want to go during a time where I just want to go home during the entire time I'm there but can't for whatever reason. Especially with the amount of mood swings I've been having recently, that will just make things worse if they keep going.

Reknoc

yo that south park game is pretty good. washes the bad taste left from Paper Mario Sticker Star. Played it for about an hour... then it crashed oh Obsidian

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Back from Gravity.

Impressive. Some incredible shots and really nailed the whole 'feeling scared as shit when floating in space'.

Sandra Bullocks arse and legs were also very impressive.

Symphonia

Banned
Nah. I've actually went alone a few times but I've been feeling shitty lately so I guess I just needed a kick in the arse.
Ah, know dem feels all too well. Yeah, I've been cinema a few times, nowt wrong with it. I see quite a few people sat on their lonesome when I go. The only thing I do hate is when the cashier at the desk gives you the 'LOL LOSER' look when you ask for a single adult ticket. Pisses me right off.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, know dem feels all too well. Yeah, I've been cinema a few times, nowt wrong with it. I see quite a few people sat on their lonesome when I go. The only thing I do hate is when the cashier at the desk gives you the 'LOL LOSER' look when you ask for a single adult ticket. Pisses me right off.

To be honest the biggest problem was carrying in my drink and popcorn and trying not to spill something. Second biggest was the popcorn being shit.

NinjaBoiX

You often say that people give you "a look" Cy. Can I suggest that most people have their own shit going on and probably couldn't care less what you're up to? Like when you presumed that woman outside the job centre gave you "a dirty look".

You're projecting, it's just your own paranoia mane. Lighten up, you'll live longer!

Symphonia

Banned
To be honest the biggest problem was carrying in my drink and popcorn and trying not to spill something. Second biggest was the popcorn being shit.
Shit popcorn is often a major concern. I truly hope the popcorn lived up to your expectations.

You often say that people give you "a look" Cy. Can I suggest that most people have their own shit going on and probably couldn't care less what you're up to? Like when you presumed that woman outside the job centre gave you "a dirty look".
I know, I also often say that people are judging me. Both these come with the anxiety I suffer from, it's not something that can be helped. It's 'calmed down' compared to what it used to be and it's something I'm working on.

You're projecting, it's just your own paranoia mane. Lighten up, you'll live longer!

This could all be avoided if you went to a cinema where they have the automated ticket machines.

But sometimes the machine says things with a certain "tone" like I don't even know how to insert my card into the chip and pin device. What, she thinks I haven't done it before? What about me gives off the impression that I haven't? I'm an adult!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;103174787 said:
LMAO you bought a drink and popcorn at the cinema

sucker

Don't you have bad music to be posting links to?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This could all be avoided if you went to a cinema where they have the automated ticket machines.

But sometimes the machine says things with a certain "tone" like I don't even know how to insert my card into the chip and pin device. What, she thinks I haven't done it before? What about me gives off the impression that I haven't? I'm an adult!

This is the key. I find any human interaction when I go to the cinema to be a personal failing on my part.

I should go by myself more often, would be awesome.

SKINNER!

Banned
Can I come too? (Eurogamer)

Of course! Don't see why not :p

It's not that it was boring, everyone else seemed to be having fun. I just don't think it was my thing, I wasn't prepared to wait and queue for a game so all I was left with was the aforementioned big room full of nerds and TV's.

Sigh, you're meant to embrace the nerdyness ;) When in Rome and all that. In a long queue? Play with your 3DS/Vita/Phone or banter with folks in front or behind you. Not in a queue? Wander around and take it all in. As annoying as it can be, videogame and comic expos are the only places where you can get away with geeking out. If I'm not taking photographs and checking out the new gadgets I'm talking to the folk working at the booths and asking questions about the product...which thankfully won't be "Will this be released in the UK and if so how much will it be in £ sterling?" when I'm at Eurogamer.

pejxB.gif

Everyone knows you sneak in proudly carry the plastic bag of snacks you bought from the corner shop and/or sweet shop conveniently situated next to every cinema in this country.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Banter with the people in the queue? I don't know what kind of backwards ideas they have in Scotland but when in London you keep your eyes forward and your mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom