• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Banter with the people in the queue? I don't know what kind of backwards ideas they have in Scotland but when in London you keep your eyes forward and your mouth shut.

Thanks to the vibrant city of Glasgow I am no longer an introverted hermit X)

Shorty I'm so ready to get properly shitfaced in Boston.

If I don't find a lively bar in Boston that plays this and this or at least one Dropkick Murphys track I'll be so disappoint....Nah, I'll be far too happy to care :D

Cannot wait! Cannot wait! Wrote the first 2 days of the daytime NYC itinerary too. Still need to purchase my readysim card now that you mention it.

NinjaBoiX

I am diseased. Pity me.
No, suffer in silence.
Hey guise, Nick motherfucking Oliveri is playing my local venue in June. Anyone else fancy it? http://www.theboileroom.net/listings/events/3-jun-14-nick-oliveri--the-boileroom/
Ooh, colour me intrigued!
I wish i could give the evils to cyanide, the guys an asshole
Haha, this will end well!

I like you duck, you just say what's on your mind, fuck it. I wish I was more like you sometimes, teach me not to give a shit.

Son Of D

I like you duck, you just say what's on your mind, fuck it. I wish I was more like you sometimes, teach me not to give a shit.

I could do with these lessons as well. Teach me the ways of the Chinner.

And on some brighter notes I'm back in a good mood again. And Dawlish train line apparently re-opens on the 4th of April, but I'll believe that when I see it.

SKINNER!

Banned
Woo, I'm back on Team PS4 guys.

Decided to pre-order MGS Ground Zeroes on the 360 so now I can play the 'Jamais Vu' mission without having to shill out for an Xbox One. Will just re-buy Ground Zeroes along with Phantom Pain when I get my PS4 :D

I shouldn't be this ecstatic about not having to buy an xbox one but I strangely am.

SKINNER!

Banned
Jeds (and other bass guitarist lurkers here). halp!

Ibanez GSR 200 or a Ibanez SDGR SR300DX Soundgear?

Can't make up my mind. Both similarly priced.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
No, suffer in silence.

Fatality.gif

Danj

Everyone knows you sneak in proudly carry the plastic bag of snacks you bought from the corner shop and/or sweet shop conveniently situated next to every cinema in this country.

Yo, stop at the deli, the theater's overpriced
You got the back pack? Gonna pack it up nice
Don't want security to get suspicious
MrPibb and Red Vines equals crazy delicious

(though I must admit I've never had an opportunity to test that last part)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Woo, I'm back on Team PS4 guys.

Decided to pre-order MGS Ground Zeroes on the 360 so now I can play the 'Jamais Vu' mission withouy having to shill out for an Xbox One. Will just re-buy Ground Zeroes along with Phantom Pain when I get my PS4 :D

I shouldn't be this ecstatic about not having to buy an xbox one but I strangly am.

One of us! One of us!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Jeds (and other bass guitarist lurkers here). halp!

Ibanez GSR 200 or a Ibanez SDGR SR300DX Soundgear?

Can't make up my mind. Both similarly priced.

The 300DX is actually my bass (or it was before I modded it to fuck haha). That certainly gets my vote. Get it in black so we can be bass bros. Or white, so we can be archenemies!!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The 300DX is actually my bass (or it was before I modded it to fuck haha). That certainly gets my vote. Get it in black so we can be bass bros. Or white, so we can be archenemies!!

My dad has a 1950s or 1960s (can't remember which) Fender precision bass. Is very purdy.

edit:

And I have a gig! If you are in the environs of Manchester's Fuel Bar on Monday night, please come along. Is free improv stuff.

http://www.frakture.org/

AcridMeat

Banned
Crosspost.
My dream last night consisted of going on a trip with Seth Rogan and his significant other to Milan for a track day.

The night before I asked him where he was living these days and he told me some town name in Portugal. He asked me the same and I said still my hometown to which he replied "bummer."

Next day at the track it looked exactly like the local track here, go figure, but then there was also some tour trains to go through some mountains. Does Milan even have many mountains near it? Anyway we were going through this mountainside and each cliff wall had these amazing designs and crystals and shit, cause everyone knows that's what Milan is famous for. I actually thought that in the dream "Ah so these are the amazing crystal design mountains of Milan."

Then there was an old homeless guy by the station for another train connection and I gave him food and some sort of soda and he got super stoked over that soda. I tell you man he was legitimately giddy about it.

At least my dreams are interesting.

The bass and drums at the start reminded me of this:

DJ Shadow feat. Zack De La Rocha - Artifact

and while we're on those two collaborating:

DJ Shadow feat. Zack De La Rocha - March of Death

FFS, dream team or what?
I don't know how I've never heard these before. If I had I've forgotten. Damn awesome duo.

NinjaBoiX

I don't know how I've never heard these before. If I had I've forgotten. Damn awesome duo.
It's material from an unreleased solo album that Zack was working on in the mid-90's.

"This, along with March of Death, could have well been a preview of what we could have expected of Zach's solo record (produced by Trent Reznor, DJ Shadow, El-P) that never saw the light of day."

"produced by Trent Reznor, DJ Shadow, El-P"

"Trent Reznor, DJ Shadow, El-P"

Man, that would've been so good! Shadow released Artifact on The Outsider sans vocals, but it's not quite the same. It's still one of the better tracks from that ill-advised disappointment of a record.

And "March of Death" is just immense, I love the funk on that track.

I guess I need to post more Shadow, his catalogue is crazy good but damn if this isn't one of my favourite tunes ever. Goosebumps every time:

DJ Shadow - Building Steam With A Grain of Salt

AcridMeat

Banned
It's material from an unreleased solo album that Zack was working on in the mid-90's.

"This, along with March of Death, could have well been a preview of what we could have expected of Zach's solo record (produced by Trent Reznor, DJ Shadow, El-P) that never saw the light of day."

"produced by Trent Reznor, DJ Shadow, El-P"

"Trent Reznor, DJ Shadow, El-P"

Man, that would've been so good! Shadow released Artifact on The Outsider sans vocals, but it's not quite the same. It's still one of the better tracks from that ill-advised disappointment of a record.

And "March of Death" is just immense, I love the funk on that track.
Hooooly shit that sounds incredible. Why wasn't it ever finished?!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ninj, as I lay quietly on my deathbed, I am chuffed to pass on to the next world with that selection. March of Death isn't just a wildly appropriate song title given my plague-ridden state, it's a fackin' CHOON to boot.

I never knew Zack and Reznor worked with the Deej. Nice. Damn. Find.

And I have a gig! If you are in the environs of Manchester's Fuel Bar on Monday night, please come along. Is free improv stuff.

http://www.frakture.org/

Awesome! What do you play? Are you going solo or are there other folk involved?

NinjaBoiX

Ninj, as I lay quietly on my deathbed, I am chuffed to pass on to the next world with that selection. March of Death isn't just a wildly appropriate song title given my plague-ridden state, it's a fackin' CHOON to boot.
Isn't it just spiffing? That dude just got it man, he's incredible. He even made Damon Gough sound exciting:

(Sorry, one more Shadow tune and I'll stop wanking on, I've got a buzz on, sue me!)

UNKLE feat. Badly Drawn Boy - Nursery Rhyme/Breather

I dunno, if this tune doesn't get your pulse racing you might need to gan boil yer heed like.

Also, feel better champ.

Edit: hmm, that didn't load on iOS, here's another link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI4YLt_Byq8

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't it just spiffing? That dude just got it man, he's incredible. He even made Damon Gough sound exciting

Yeesh. Damon Gough is my nemesis. Long story... but yes. That is an 'Operation: Ballsout is in Full Swing' kind of song. Gets ze juices flowing, no?

I've yet to hear anything by The Deej that I didn't get on with.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh yeah, I remember something about some kicking the plug to that table top arcade in the corner.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've been listening to a playlist consisting of Modest Mouse, Built To Spill, Pixies, Pavement, My Bloody Valentine, Sonic Youth, Minus the Bear, Titus Andronicus, Dinosaur Jr., Radiohead, Broken Social Scene, Joy Division, TV On The Radio, etc.

It's been a good day musically. It's missing The Cure though, the hell.

edit: Oh fuuuuck yes ZDLR, KRS One & Last Emperor This is like sounding the alarm for a shorty appearance in the thread.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine "The Deej feat. Peej"?

Dramatic-Cheeche-OMG-Pause.gif

I've been listening to a playlist consisting of Modest Mouse, Built To Spill, Pixies, Pavement, My Bloody Valentine, Sonic Youth, Minus the Bear, Titus Andronicus, Dinosaur Jr., Radiohead, Broken Social Scene, Joy Division, TV On The Radio, etc.

It's been a good day musically. It's missing The Cure though, the hell.

I like you. You can come round and bang my sister.

SKINNER!

Banned
Oh fuuuuck yes ZDLR, KRS One & Last Emperor This is like sounding the alarm for a shorty appearance in the thread.

Awwwwww TUNE! This was my shit back in the day. Black Emporer killed it.

"As free market capitalism and technology expands/
The third world's fertile soil becomes a desert wasteland
So it takes bands to, demand the, government provide answers
When Lady Liberty has me Bewitched like Samantha
And poverty is one of the most malignant forms of cancer
To all my Black Magic romancers and acid rain dancers
Develop close ties like Jerry Seinfeld and George Costanza"

Love this track!

Have you considered an aluminium necked bass? They're relatively cheap and sound amazing.

I have not actually. Didn't even know they existed. Tempted to try one and hear it now :)

So I finally got a hold of the video of me on stage with Less Than Jake, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QPs1ImcKI&feature=youtu.be

Nice! Totally handled it like a boss :D Qaisel (I think that's him?) looked like he had a lot of fun too.

Aww yess! We're bass buddies now :D Didn't see your post until after I picked up the SR300DX but sooo glad I did. Not in white or black sadly..just sunburst brown.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Is she as sexy as you are?

If by "sexy" you mean "does she have an awesome moustache", then yes.

I have not actually. Didn't even know they existed. Tempted to try one and hear it now :)

I made our bass player import one. He loves it. They're pretty brutal.

Aww yess! We're bass buddies now :D Didn't see your post until after I picked up the SR300DX but sooo glad I did. Not in white or black sadly..just sunburst brown.

Saaaay, that's a nice bass :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Awesome! What do you play? Are you going solo or are there other folk involved?

Guitar mostly, but used to play bass, bit of drums and tiny bit of viola.

Other folk are involved - it's basically a gang of free improvisers who meet up and play occasionally.

I'm probably not going to play now though...on a bit of a mood swing down (up and down all the bloody time) so anxiety probably will get the better of me.

Danj

Happy Thursday everyone! I have a shitload of time off work coming up, starting tomorrow! Looking forward to getting some serious video gaming done, also some serious tidying up of my room (some of the boxes from when I moved in 6 months ago still have not been unpacked!).

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Guitar mostly, but used to play bass, bit of drums and tiny bit of viola.

Other folk are involved - it's basically a gang of free improvisers who meet up and play occasionally.

I'm probably not going to play now though...on a bit of a mood swing down (up and down all the bloody time) so anxiety probably will get the better of me.

Crickey, that's quite a list of instruments! I can just about play the guitar, my approach being to mash my fingers (or anything that comes to hand) on the fret board and see what happens.

When you say 'free improv' are you talking super arty noise ambient stuff, jazzy goodness or something else...?

That's a damn shame. Maybe you'll be back on the upswing on Monday? Obviously not to the same degree as yourself, but I get super anxious before playing (it's a running joke with my mates), right up until I'm in the middle of it, then it all seems to go in a box and I completely forget I'm there. It's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom