• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbor

Banned
IDM? Urgh, that's really pretentious!

Glad you're back safe from your travels fella.

Not necessarily. I see your point, but I don't share your vitriol.

Calm your tits innit.

Tf9PV5Q.png

IDM pretentious but EDM A Okay? You're a tit. Not even that, a moob.

8bit

Knows the Score
wait, what

http://www.factmag.com/2014/03/13/d...aturing-avicii-armin-van-buuren-and-er-unkle/

01 Circle of Life (Mat Zo Remix) — The Lion King
02 Derezzed (So Amazing Mix by Avicii featuring Negin) — Daft Punk, Tron: Legacy
03 Let It Go (Armin Van Buuren Remix) — Idina Menzel, Frozen
04 Roar (Yogi Remix) (Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso) — Monsters University
05 Partysaurus Overflow (BT & Au5 Remix) — inspired by the Toy Story short Partysaurus Rex
06 UNKLE Reconstruction (Unkle Remix) — The Incredibles
07 Fall (Japanese Popstars Remix) — Daft Punk, Tron: Legacy
08 The Muppet Show Theme (Shy Kidx Remix) — The Muppets
09 Hey Pluto! (Stonebridge Remix) — inspired by original Mickey Mouse cartoons
10 Once Upon a Dream (Trion Remix) — Sleeping Beauty
11 Main Street Electrical Parade (Shinichi Osawa Extended Mix) — Disneyland Park
12 You’ve Got a Friend in Me (Alfred Montejano Hyper Remix) — Toy Story
13 Baby Mine (Kaskade House Version) — Dumbo
14 Pineapple Princess (Kinsey Moore Remix) — Hawaiiannette

NinjaBoiX

IDM pretentious but EDM A Okay? You're a tit. Not even that, a moob.
Yeah, "intelligent dance music" is kind of presumptuous and wanky, "electronic dance music" is simply an abbreviation.

It's OK mate, I never use the term EDM, I prefer to use the correct sub-genre nomenclature ie: deep house, breakbeat, filter house, etc.

If you're going to be a pretentious muso you might as well do it with conviction.
Why do R&B fans get annoyed when you refer to it as rhythm & blues?
Because it's also come to mean "rhythm & bass".

jimbor in super cunt mode today, too many dirty burgers bro. I like it though, cunty jimbor is best jimbor.

So I had my second interview this morning. I think it went well. They said they liked my presentation, it was really interesting and it was clear I was passionate about it.

They have seen a few other people so I guess it'll come down to whether they're more suitable than me or not. But I should know fairly soon.

NinjaBoiX

So I had my second interview this morning. I think it went well. They said they liked my presentation, it was really interesting and it was clear I was passionate about it.

They have seen a few other people so I guess it'll come down to whether they're more suitable than me or not. But I should know fairly soon.
Nice one Soturi, I really hope you get it.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Guys I think I'm going to message a girl, help me out here, I don't know what route to go on this, she's not looking for anything special and has pretty similar shit to me on her profile, she's looking to hang out more than date which is what I put too innit

I don't know how to approach it, there's this "meet me" thing where you go through mini profiles including a pic, age and shit and then YES, MAYBE and NO. She came up and I put yes (clicking courage son'), and now she's done the same, it's a pretty blunt thing and means nothing but if I decide to message her...what do I say?

Fuck lyf

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey toots.

I was looking at your ol' profile there and was thinking, me and you, we've got a lot in common, a special connection you could say. So if you've got the time drop us a line.

Truly yours

Tashbrookio

Rubbish King

Hey toots.

I was looking at your ol' profile there and was thinking, me and you, we've got a lot in common, a special connection you could say. So if you've got the time drop us a line.

Truly yours

Tashbrookio

I don't have the balls to do this

Guys I think I'm going to message a girl, help me out here, I don't know what route to go on this, she's not looking for anything special and has pretty similar shit to me on her profile, she's looking to hang out more than date which is what I put too innit

I don't know how to approach it, there's this "meet me" thing where you go through mini profiles including a pic, age and shit and then YES, MAYBE and NO. She came up and I put yes (clicking courage son'), and now she's done the same, it's a pretty blunt thing and means nothing but if I decide to message her...what do I say?

Fuck lyf

'Hey girl, are you Chinner on a fake profile?'

8bit

Knows the Score

Fuck lyf

Something simple like let's hang out, how do you fancy meeting up for coffee/wagamama/jägereyebombs/laserquest?

Rubbish King

I don't know how to open guys all I've got is "Hey, I cracked a smile reading your profile, I think we should go for a beer"

NinjaBoiX

But what if I'm boring and she's a rapist
Write this on her hand:

jLBjwlc.gif

But instead of "the girls" write "Tommy T".

Or just ask if she wants to go and sniff some chloroform some time.

Edit: joking aside, that sounds spot on Tash. Light, breezy, send it man, before you loose your nerve.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Something simple like let's hang out, how do you fancy meeting up for coffee/wagamama/jägereyebombs/laserquest?
Hey doll,

Been playing a bit of the ol' Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles if ya get me drift. But it ain't so great playing it on my lonesome so if ya want we can go 2 player. You'll need to bring your own GameBoy Advance.

Best wishes

The Crystal Bearer

Tashbrookookookookooke

Rubbish King

Hey doll,

Been playing a bit of the ol' Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles if ya get me drift. But it ain't so great playing it on my lonesome so if ya want we can go 2 player. You'll need to bring your own GameBoy Advance.

Best wishes

The Crystal Bearer

Tashbrookookookookooke

you are insanely good at this man, keep going, we're close

NinjaBoiX

Good luck Tasher.

That's why I never use dating sites. I'm bad enough trying to talk to people I know, so a person I don't know is another thing.
Huh?

People you know are always people you don't know until you meet them. I used to get this all the time when I was Joe the Pot man for my mates.

"Are you going for any weed?"

"Nah mate, I'm sorted. Just give him a bell and go and meet him."

"But I don't know him. It'll be weird."

"FFS, stop being a pussy! I didn't know him until I met him! How do you think you get to know people?"

So in short, meeting new people is good.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Tomb Raider is great. You people who dont like it are cray. Put combat difficulty on hard and try and find everything. Literally mountains of huge fun. Yes it's the only game I'm playing at the moment (apart from chess on the Vita).

Good luck Tash! You can do it!

Rubbish King

Interaction no.1

To set the scene, I've been a member of this site plenty of fish for 11 hours or so

I sent my first message precisely 10:31pm, it read
"Hey, I cracked a smile reading your profile, I think we should go for a beer"

She replied 32 agonising minutes later with

"I don't drink beer"

Shaken, I retorted with another question, sweating into my keyboard profusely

"What do you drink?"

"Vodka"

Not the best start ever

xVyoSl.jpg

Son Of D

Huh?

People you know are always people you don't know until you meet them. I used to get this all the time when I was Joe the Pot man for my mates.

"Are you going for any weed?"

"Nah mate, I'm sorted. Just give him a bell and go and meet him."

"But I don't know him. It'll be weird."

"FFS, stop being a pussy! I didn't know him until I met him! How do you think you get to know people?"

So in short, meeting new people is good.

I know, I know. It's odd. You do make a very good point though. I just need to loosen myself up a bit and stop being so tense.

SKINNER!

Banned
NINJA AND OTHER HIPPETY HOPPERS

I mentioned Liquid Swords the other day - it's an album by the Genius/GZA of Wu Tang Clan . Whatever you think about Wu Tang (or not!) I think it's probably the best hip hop album ever (even better than Illmatic, Follow the Leader, Reasonable Doubt or whatever else...). Have a listen...it's a really hard hip-hop album, but the lyrics are genuinely deep.

Shadowboxin' (with Method Man) honestly, listen to the flow!!!

Liquid Swords (the intro is worth it)

Swordsman (back in the day when I used to smoke naughty things, a friend and I once listened to nothing but this song all night)

We were on the same ship when the slaves were checked
I had to pull your card, you was on the top deck
So I plotted my escape,
I saw the thin line between love and hate
And fast from the hog on the plate
I suffered brutal pain, from whips and chains
Punishments that were set to wash the brain
So look listen observe and also respect this jewel
Drawed up, detect and reflect this
Light I shine, because my powers is refined
Through the truth, which manifest through eternal minds
Purified gases and masses
the same elements that helped spark civilization classes

GZA's Liquid Sword is a sublime album

*Yank sneaks in for a peek*

Ohh hay guise... what's going on in...
Hey doll,

Best wishes

The Crystal Bearer

Tashbrookookookookooke
*dies*

Rich!

holy shit

Just reading a random article on BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26369329) about swastikas. Read up to this quote:

The British author Rudyard Kipling, who was strongly influenced by Indian culture, had a swastika on the dust jackets of all his books until the rise of Nazism.

I then suddenly remembered that I have a copy of Just So Stories by Kipling - it's an old book, and it has a swastika on the side and front. From the above, that means it's pre-1939. Checked it, and it's a first edition. So, it's gotta be worth something, right?

looked on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rudyard-K...5?pt=Antiquarian_Books_UK&hash=item1e8841cfbb

awwww yeeeah

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
holy shit

Just reading a random article on BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26369329) about swastikas. Read up to this quote:

I then suddenly remembered that I have a copy of Just So Stories by Kipling - it's an old book, and it has a swastika on the side and front. From the above, that means it's pre-1939. Checked it, and it's a first edition. So, it's gotta be worth something, right?

looked on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rudyard-K...5?pt=Antiquarian_Books_UK&hash=item1e8841cfbb

awwww yeeeah

awesome! Make sure you read it before you sell it, get some culcha

Rubbish King

Did you just screencap photoshop?
Nah, shit online pic editor, this was quicker
Timmeh, you need to use a pic that doesn't look like you gawn cry any sec.
I have no recent pictures of me apart from this, I talked to Mike and he said that too, I need to have someone capture me smiling which I can't pose for without looking like a foot

and I think they'd reject me and BGBWs pic of passion
He's trying to give off that 'I'm such a deep and tortured soul' image that's popular these days.
Also this, my other friend said keep it because of this

jimbor

Banned
Timmeh, you need to use a pic that doesn't look like you gawn cry any sec.

True, it's a fucking awful main pic. Surprised you got a response with that message tbh. Didn't really mention anything on her profile and straight in with the drink request. The fact that it seems to have worked should stand you in good stead going forward, Timothy.

Rubbish King

Go for a drink with her! Are there any interesting bars with obscure vodkas or similar in your neck of the woods?
hahaha, I'm gonna die, I don't know where to go or when and the chances of getting stood up are probably pretty high I guess

-_- Why did I do this
True, it's a fucking awful main pic. Surprised you got a response with that message tbh. Didn't really mention anything on her profile and straight in with the drink request. The fact that it seems to have worked should stand you in good stead going forward, Timothy.

I've got a choice between that and this:
her profile was

"I'm Tullius Cicero, I'm small and funny. I have 2 fish named Del and Trigger, my last 6 died. I don't like drama, apart from Hollyoaks, Hollyoaks is an exception."

her first date was
"Lets get a nandos and get drunk"

blunt descriptions so blunt message right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom