• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"BuNgIe iS a ShElL oF iTs FoRmEr SeLf!"

Dr. Claus

Banned
We're getting too lost in the woods now.

Your idea that the mythical mass of Marathon fans were going to negatively hurt the next Marathons games chances was always ridiculous. Marathon is essentially a brand new IP at this point.
moving-goalpost.gif

If you wouldn't tell Leonardo DaVinci what he should have done differently on The Mona Lisa, then you shouldn't attempt to tell Men_in_Boxes what he should have done differently on his piece. An artists vision is his alone.

Plus, let's face it, this thread has been an astounding success without the erroneous suggestions brought forth by the peanut gallery.

Seek humility yourself.
You have to seriously be the most narcissistic clown on Gaf. One more for the ignore list ✌️ 🤡

clarky

Gold Member
Im happy those suffering from Destiny addiction get a cool DLC to play but is this supposed to erase the last five or six years? 😆
Why would you want to erase the last 5 or 6 years of Destiny? Some of my peak gaming moments happened during that time.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yes, Bungie is a shell of its former self. Rather than shipping new games every few years with extensive and great single player campaigns and top tier MP, they keep updating old and busted destiny 2. I don’t care how good this update is because it’s not a new game and it’s not a good game.

FUBARx89

What's your point?

WQ got really good reviews and Bungie still shit the bed with 2 years of mostly crap seasons and Lightfall.

Killjoy-NL

You can keep saying that, it wont change what you wrote. Just read again.
I don't deny anything I wrote.
You are turning it into something I never said.

It isn't a well-known established franchise, like Doom (which you wanted to use as example).
I said nothing other than that.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I don't deny anything I wrote.
You are turning it into something I never said.

It isn't a well-known established franchise, like Doom (which you wanted to use as example).
I said nothing other than that.
Dude you were referring to the numbers on Steam. I used Doom to prove to you it means nothing for games that are this old. Nothing more, nothing less. I thought it was pretty easy to understand.

Again, stop being disingenuous. It might not be well established like Doom, (which is something like the biggest PC IP so, OF COURSE it's not as popular) it's still an important IP for what it brought.

rm082e

I hope this expansion does well for Bungie. Poor sales would likely lead to lay-offs, which we've seen way too many of. I think anyone who isn't a Sony hater should be rooting for them.

Also, I didn't realize this is a $50 expansion. Good for them.

Oh, but not even 10% of destiny players are playing this. Such useless push to live service game which isn't even worth it out of it's campaign mode.

DeaDPo0L84

As a die-hard Destiny fan, Final Shape as a package is the best thing they've put out for Destiny. With that said they have made quite a few mistakes and downright terrible decisions along the way. Having been consistently playing since the D1 beta it in an odd way makes it sort of unique as a player in that sense. Cause I have been through every single misstep and was very vocal during those times but seeing them do really well is like seeing a friend do well.

Will this last? who knows. They have shown they can either be really good or really bad. All that said Fortnite and Destiny are the standard for live service games. It's why you see so many try and chase that bandwagon and fail miserably. It reminds me of when Bobby Boucher was doing amazing in The Waterboy and then other teams tried to mimic them with absolutely zero success.

Thabass

Man, instead of shitting on the game, which many people seem to agree that the expansion is good, let's just shit all over people that enjoy it. Let's also try to force the change of mindset of people that don't like the game and don't want to play it.

Weird thread, weirder comments. I don't play Destiny personally (just not my thing), but I don't wish ir to fail. Some of you take this hobby insanely too far sometimes.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
f3c8e6431e9c574ac3823feb46a1cf6b.jpg

Men in Boxes cycles through GaaS games like Jennifer Lopez does husbands/fiances.
Wonder how long she plans on doing that. She’s no spring chicken, and won’t be able to get “any guy she wants” as she keeps relying on her looks. She’s wrapping 60 years old (in six short years). All that will be left is her diva personality- It’s important to be nice on the inside too

Last edited:

Dynasty8

Yeah I'm convinced everyone who says this shit has never played Destiny 2 to its fullest potential (raids, dungeons, legend campaign, exotic quests). They're probably still judging the game based off of their experience with the vanilla campaigns and that's it. I ignore those people, they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about lol.

Just played the new secret Dual Destiny mission with a friend that released a couple days ago... and hands down, that was one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had playing a game.

Wimbledon

Final shape is cool and all but uh.......

WHY WAS THE TRAVELER BURIED ON THIS PLANET

image.png

That's all i want the answer too. Its as if the traveler just dropped into existence I feel like were at square one, i love the universe of destiny but sometime i feel like it's like we're chasing a goal post and it keeps getting moved further out.

Their dangling this secret in front of us but were not any closer to understanding what it is then when we started. It's all guesses from the species its helped.

Ogbert

Gold Member

image.png

That's all i want the answer too. Its as if the traveler just dropped into existence I feel like were at square one, i love the universe of destiny but sometime i feel like it's like we're chasing a goal post and it keeps getting moved further out.

Their dangling this secret in front of us but were not any closer to understanding what it is then when we started. It's all guesses from the species its helped.
Because it’s all complete nonsense. There is no story.

Bungie are incredible artists and video game designers. They have a crystal clear idea of how they want the world to look but they have absolutely *nothing* to say.

All it is is a series of abstract nouns. We have the ‘darkness’, the ‘malignancy’, the ‘dread’ conflicting the ‘luminosity’ or ‘grace’. Everyone says serious stuff but it’s total twaddle. It’s why Cayde was so important to the game - he was the character that poked fun at all the patent bollocks.

And then we shoot stuff and put tokens in buckets to win prizes.

Sushi_Combo

Yeah I'm convinced everyone who says this shit has never played Destiny 2 to its fullest potential (raids, dungeons, legend campaign, exotic quests). They're probably still judging the game based off of their experience with the vanilla campaigns and that's it. I ignore those people, they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about lol.

Just played the new secret Dual Destiny mission with a friend that released a couple days ago... and hands down, that was one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had playing a game.
D2 is a garbage game and not even a great expansion will fix its foundational issues.

Ogbert

Gold Member
Anyone else who actually plays the game completely in love with the new stasis grenade launcher.

It’s like Witherhoard on crack.

as someone who played both Destiny 1 and 2 from the start and had enjoyed most of it despite the flawes. Bungie definitely had it's ups and downs, but TFS is without a doubt a great success in terms of gameplay and narrative. personally I'm fine with a company having some misses along with hits. I have yet to see a game company not have any flawed output in all my years of gaming. as long as their highs can be truly sky reaching, I will keep supporting them.

Last edited:

gatti-man

The final shape is good but it’s still not old Bungie good. The last expansion was like a 4/10 for me so even if this is great that’s still not consistent.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Am I misremembering something or was it only a few short weeks ago the entire internet tried to bury Bungie? They were supposedly a shell of their former selves. Their board was certain to be overtaken by Sony leadership. Sony was supposed to sell Bungie at a massive loss because dErP. Weren't the knitting clubs proof of their fall from grace?

Why are those people suddenly quiet? Why do we hear crickets?
Why would somebody still be talking about a game they stopped playing in 2018?

neoism

i loved this expack they used nostalgia and feels against us though then they pissed in my face for the last time as a solo player on this reset...

fucking snake oil saleman is all bungie is now or has been going on 15 years on...
3k hours wasted...

Raven117

image.png

I’d like the answer to this as well. Clearly, they didn’t know if they were going to make a destiny 3, so they pushed off this answer. But, just overall in media, I’m tired of the… “but this is the REAL villain behind that villain!”
Because it’s all complete nonsense. There is no story.

Bungie are incredible artists and video game designers. They have a crystal clear idea of how they want the world to look but they have absolutely *nothing* to say.

All it is is a series of abstract nouns. We have the ‘darkness’, the ‘malignancy’, the ‘dread’ conflicting the ‘luminosity’ or ‘grace’. Everyone says serious stuff but it’s total twaddle. It’s why Cayde was so important to the game - he was the character that poked fun at all the patent bollocks.

And then we shoot stuff and put tokens in buckets to win prizes.
Agree and disagree with some of this. Lore-wise, they know what they are doing. Narrative wise, I think the plans of destiny changed overtime and it was hard for them to nail story beats when the structure was changing. Agreed on Cayde. That character really pulled everything together… by downplaying the not-serious, but being serious when it was serious… it controlled the story beat tempo better than any other character.
D2 is a garbage game and not even a great expansion will fix its foundational issues.
Cool, well, thanks for stopping by.

Sushi_Combo

i loved this expack they used nostalgia and feels against us though then they pissed in my face for the last time as a solo player on this reset...

fucking snake oil saleman is all bungie is now or has been going on 15 years on...
3k hours wasted...
They've been doing this now for well over a decade. Nothing new here.

Shubh_C63

Bungie is still Bungie.

When they want to prove their mantle they score aces, zero debate.
But when its milking time, boy now they're as bad as Activision.

You can't be an ass developer and still have a Top10 game on Steam consistently since the launch.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Those games will definitely flop BUT biggest clown on GAF? That's a stretch.

(see: Starfield & Hellblade hype threads)
no no no. Biggest clown.

Xbox fans have not proclaimed the death of Singleplayer games like they're fucking EA.

This absolute nugget has been talking days about how successful Sony's GaaS push is going to be and how it's going to spell the end for singleplayer games. He goes against what everybody on this forum and the wider gaming community stand for when it comes to video games. He is 10000% on some gaming company's payroll and it's astounding that they let him on this forum to begin with like he's somehow some sort of legitimate gamer who just wants to discuss how financially profitable and wonderful Fortnite has been for the industry.

Dr. Claus

Banned
no no no. Biggest clown.

Xbox fans have not proclaimed the death of Singleplayer games like they're fucking EA.

This absolute nugget has been talking days about how successful Sony's GaaS push is going to be and how it's going to spell the end for singleplayer games. He goes against what everybody on this forum and the wider gaming community stand for when it comes to video games. He is 10000% on some gaming company's payroll and it's astounding that they let him on this forum to begin with like he's somehow some sort of legitimate gamer who just wants to discuss how financially profitable and wonderful Fortnite has been for the industry.

I am sure he is still here because everyone realizes, outside of the mentally deranged console warriors, that he is someone to be laughed at. Not to be taken seriously.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
no no no. Biggest clown.

AFpPv34.png

Ogbert

Gold Member
This is the weirdest thread.

Lots of people who don’t play Destiny arguing about it and few people who do just chatting about the ups and downs of the game.

Top Bottom