• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"BuNgIe iS a ShElL oF iTs FoRmEr SeLf!"

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So did they fix the new player experience yet?
No No No GIF

Thyuda

I remember quite liking the base game, I played near the release of the first exp I think, and once that released I was just ripped out of whatever I was doing and thrown into the hub world, my quests were gone and I had no idea how to continue.

Haven't touched it since. Shame.

B_Boss

When Marathon and Concord inevitably flop you'll be remembered as the biggest clown on this forum

You think Marathon will flop? Seems appealing as a competitive shooter at least, 3v3, extraction and from Bungie? I don’t know if it’ll flop but folks acting like Destiny is out when Marathon is in….well I don’t know about that 🤔.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Gold Member
So did they fix the new player experience yet?
No. If anything, it’s even more confusing.

I really do think they should put together a ten to fifteen hour, optional starter experience where the menu and UI is completely stripped down and it introduces you to activities one at at a time.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This is the weirdest thread.

Lots of people who don’t play Destiny arguing about it and few people who do just chatting about the ups and downs of the game.

It's really a thread about how certain people can be proven wrong but they'll keep swinging as if they're not.

monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-black-knight.gif

I've become more and more fascinated how these people will go after accomplished CEOs while they fall for low effort clickbait article after low effort clickbait article.

SnapShot

it is tho, no longer the same employees/devs (mostly) and they seem to have completely adopted a live service model, 10 years of destiny and marathon looks like is going to be next

Wimbledon

Because it’s all complete nonsense. There is no story.

Bungie are incredible artists and video game designers. They have a crystal clear idea of how they want the world to look but they have absolutely *nothing* to say.

All it is is a series of abstract nouns. We have the ‘darkness’, the ‘malignancy’, the ‘dread’ conflicting the ‘luminosity’ or ‘grace’. Everyone says serious stuff but it’s total twaddle. It’s why Cayde was so important to the game - he was the character that poked fun at all the patent bollocks.

And then we shoot stuff and put tokens in buckets to win prizes.

I just feel like the longer we go without the answer , they're raising the anticipation to such a degree... I just feel like it's going to be a lot to live up to.

I loved the unveiling lore but once they said that's the witnesses species created mythos, it was such a let down. Even the Witness he knows/knew just about as much about the traveler as we do and that was the MAIN bad guy.

I agree to some extent about the story, but I don't think they have an answer to what the traveler is yet. They have ideas but nothing concrete.

clarky

Gold Member
No. If anything, it’s even more confusing.

I really do think they should put together a ten to fifteen hour, optional starter experience where the menu and UI is completely stripped down and it introduces you to activities one at at a time.
Good idea but it would take way long than 15 hours to explain the ridiculous amount of currencies, systems, vendors, modes, menus etc.

The whole thing needs streamlining and like you say some sort of permanent starter campaign that explains everything as you go. They tried with that new light experience but it in no way goes far enough.

Top Bottom