• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a repost from about 4 or 5 pages ago.
I have never sold anything on BST before, but I have sold a couple of things on Amazon and eBay before under the names TheDragonMask and valkyrie.von.thanatos respectively, and I've had good feedback from buying some stuff on BST in the past.

IMG_20151214_155747%20(rotate%20%26%20crop).jpg

IMG_20151214_154430.jpg

Link to more pictures.

This is a MGSV TPP Collector's Edition I got at launch, I never used the DLC codes and they are included in this package! Game is in like new condition, adult owned, none of the people who live in my house smoke. All contents of the collector's edition have been kept in excellent condition as well. Replica prosthetic arm was never taken out of its plastic casing at all, neither the game disc nor special collector's edition bluray disc have any smudges or scratching. The Diamond Dogs box it all is packaged in has been opened sparingly, in perfect condition. The collector's edition bluray case is in same condition when I bought it new, a few small scratches of the printing on the back side, with Big Boss and Ocelot. Map included with the game has remained unopened, I didn't want to spoil myself before I beat the game, but then I never needed it after that.

Please PM me if interested. Price negotiable, I'm aiming for $125+$15 shipping.

batrush

SELLING

$75 PSN credit - $67
$20 PSN credit - $17.5
$10 PSN credit - $8.75
$3 PSN credit - $2.5

All sold out, but I have more on the way.

Plus seller. Accepting Paypal (gift).

Negative feedback for BernardoOne.

Sent him a PayPal payment for Rainbow Six Siege. He hasn't responded or acknowledged my PM's. It been 72 hours and I know he's been posting/active on GAF.

I'm joining drkdragon as well, since I've been talking about it.

Negative feedback for BernardoOne

Well over 48hours, still no key or the refund that I asked for Rainbow 6: Siege.

Ugh.. I wish I would have read this first. Bernardo sent me a PM saying he just got another Rainbow 6: Siege key. As we're sending PMs back and forth about the transaction, he's responding within 5-10 minutes. Soon as I sent payment.... nothing. I've sent a couple PMs and haven't heard anything. I'll give him until the morning before I take steps to get a refund. I definitely wouldn't have bought from him if I knew I wasn't going to receive it quickly. I wanted to download it and play tonight. I was in the process of trying to acquire it through other means. He knew this because at first he told me he might have some tomorrow and asked would I be interested. I said yes, if I'm not able to find it today.

AwRy108

Just to be clear, I'm not a mod, nor do I consider myself "ruler of the thread." The reason I said what I said was because we had a discussion about this a while back and, as a group, the general consensus was that it was okay to mention things being available at a lower price. However, you must do so in a "matter of fact" kind of way. Directly calling out the user or accusing them of scalping is not acceptable, AT ALL. And, as I said before, this should really only be done in cases where the item is readily available somewhere else.

For instance, if something is sold out everywhere, then it's not okay to say: "Well the MSRP is ___, so I can't believe you're trying to sell it for that much." But, if an item is available at BestBuy.com for cheaper, then it's okay to say: "Just so you know, this is available at BestBuy.com for ___". The conversation is done after that though. If the poster chooses to keep listing their item for a higher price, then that is their prerogative.

Just generally don't be an A-hole and we will all have a great time.

I'm in agreement with your sentiments, but your proposed approach has too many gray areas that are ripe for misuse and hurt feelings. Using the PM system is the only fair and suitable way to handle these kinds of issues, and I'm fairly certain that nrvalleytime shared the same opinion. In fact, I believe Rule #3 originally only contained the "No need to whine" text, but was then edited for clarification as a result of this very same discussion being brought up in the thread.

Also, people need to keep in mind that even the "scalper" prices on here are always better than MSRP, so it's not like buyers are getting ripped off; in fact, the sale items from the post that brought about this exact conversation--the PSN 4-pack of digital Star Wars being sold for $14.xx at GameDealDaily--would cost over $40 on PSN, and the seller was asking $25.

In the end, it's in everybody's best interest to keep the thread a free market with a reliable feedback system.

This is so fucking shitty.

This is becoming too big of an issue here.

In the end, it's in everybody's best interest to keep the thread a free market with a reliable feedback system.

Yes it is. Which is why I, and many other people are going to point out better prices if they are out there for the benefit of the buyers. If you think this is "whining", so be it. But responding to it with a quote of "rule 3 gais" is basically just shitposting against someone getting a better deal than is being offered here.

Sydle

Positive seller feedback for rj118.

Easy transaction. Thank you!

To whoever updates the spreadsheet, I changed my name from Paco to Sydle. Thank you in advance!

Glennct

Positive buyer feedback for Luckydog.

He bought a code from me even though I took forever to reply to his pm's.
Great person to work with.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yes it is. Which is why I, and many other people are going to point out better prices if they are out there for the benefit of the buyers. If you think this is "whining", so be it. But responding to it with a quote of "rule 3 gais" is basically just shitposting against someone getting a better deal than is being offered here.

I am all in favor of saving a fellow Gaf member money. I know "better than MSRP" applies and that many generally sell stuff here a few bucks cheaper than ebay to give people a good deal, but if the good deal is $30 on a $40 item when it's $20 at the moment, I see no reason for someone to not be even nicer and save someone another $10?

Especially given the rise of people flipping things in this thread. I don't care if someone selling the last remnant this week at $2 would be a good deal- it's scummy because it's $1 in humble and that goes towards charity and is still active.

To expand on this, while I think pointing it out in some situations is kind of scummy, the alternative of banning it allows scalpers to be more obnoxious than ever.

Last edit: My thoughts on it are:

If you pointing it out is dickish (they're trying to sell it for $23 and it's the deal of the day for $20 at amazon, but always is $30), okay, but if they're charging more than it normally goes for or are straight up scalping (aka being dickish), then yes, point it out.

Bit of a repost from last week (was on vacation):

Have: One (1) Xbox LIVE Gold code/card for one year that I'd like to sell for $40 (Paypal) or for $40 in PSN credit.

Regarding reputation: I've only sold on eBay before (studiobigpants), but I can't login to pull up a link to feedback and I've participated in GAF Secret Santa for a couple of years.

Head.spawn

guy has 380 positive feedback, but the last few weeks ive seen a good amount of negative feedback, did someone take over his account? seems weird to go from such a trusted seller to acting like this.

If people don't want to wait a bit, maybe people should ask him to PM when he has the game in-hand and ready to send over asap before buying. Ask the questions before sending over money.

I bought a game off of him before and I chatted with him on Steam first, I asked him to let me know when he could get me the game, and when he did, that is when I sent the money. Super smooth transaction.

Syriel

If people don't want to wait a bit, maybe people should ask him to PM when he has the game in-hand and ready to send over asap before buying. Ask the questions before sending over money.

If you do not have an item in-hand, it should not be listed for sale.

This was re-iterated earlier this month.

I think the below message addresses this one. I'm against disclosures - just don't list things you don't have. That makes sense on a universal level, not just for a particular buyer.

With that said, if you don't have something in hand, don't list it as available. People assume this thread is a list of currently available merchandise, and it's both disingenuous and frustrating for lists to reflect less than accurate stock.

I bought a game off of him before and I chatted with him on Steam first, I asked him to let me know when he could get me the game, and when he did, that is when I sent the money. Super smooth transaction.

It should be clear in the sellers listing if they don't currently have the shit they're selling.

Regardless of that, there is no excuse for not responding to messages after payment has been made. It looks super fucking shady when you are quick to respond up until you have your money, then you let days go by ignoring messages.

NoRéN

It should be clear in the sellers listing if they don't currently have the shit they're selling.

Regardless of that, there is no excuse for not responding to messages after payment has been made. It looks super fucking shady when you are quick to respond up until you have your money, then you let days go by ignoring messages.

Looks even worse when it's digital goods that will be delivered via message unlike physical goods that need to be shipped.

Geneijin

I'm in agreement with your sentiments, but your proposed approach has too many gray areas that are ripe for misuse and hurt feelings. Using the PM system is the only fair and suitable way to handle these kinds of issues, and I'm fairly certain that nrvalleytime shared the same opinion. In fact, I believe Rule #3 originally only contained the "No need to whine" text, but was then edited for clarification as a result of this very same discussion being brought up in the thread.

Also, people need to keep in mind that even the "scalper" prices on here are always better than MSRP, so it's not like buyers are getting ripped off; in fact, the sale items from the post that brought about this exact conversation--the PSN 4-pack of digital Star Wars being sold for $14.xx at GameDealDaily--would cost over $40 on PSN, and the seller was asking $25.

You overreacted honestly. What about Syriel's reply was whining exactly? The "FYI" part?

Cloggerdude's suggestion is more than apt. It's actually the best way to go about it. Just no need for the petty snide remarks.

I'm going to have a bit of cash in the beginning of January, so I was wondering if anyone has an Intel 1150 CPU for sale? I got a G3258 to replace my old first gen 15, but in reality this chip sucks. Fallout 4 is neigh unplayable for me.

So, anyone have a CPU they'd want to get rid of soon? PM me.

Thanks!

SLEIhbg.png

PM me if you need any info, pictures, want to buy, or want to haggle.

SHIPPING NOT INCLUDED!.

Prices are not firm! (haggle with me)

Mobile Gaming
  • Love Live! School Idol Festival The School Idol Movie SR Hanayo Koizumi code - $20
  • Love Live! School Idol Festival The School Idol Movie SR Eli Ayase code - $20

Steam
  • Gun Monkeys (gift) - $1
  • Killing Floor (gift) - $5
  • Murder Miners (gift) x 3 - $0.50 each
  • The Ship (gift) - $0.50

PS4
  • J-STARS Victory VS+ Digital Compendium DLC - $3
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Collectors Pack DLC - $15

Xbox One
  • Collective Minds 2.5" Hard Drive Enclosure & 3 Front USB 3.0 Ports Media HUB - $25
  • Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Wireless Controller w/ headset adaptor - $48

PS Vita
  • PSVita2000/1000 USB AC Adaptor Ver.2 (comes with AC, cable, and microUSB to PSVita1000 adapter) - $15
  • PSVita1000 Conversion Adaptor (microUSB to PSVita1000 adapter) - $10
  • Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines (English Version - sealed) - $95
  • Soul Sacrifice DELTA (English Version - sealed) - $100
  • Summon Night 5 PSN code - $20

Anime
  • Air TV - Complete Series DVD Set - $35
  • Black Blood Brothers - Complete Series DVD Set (sealed) - $15
  • Blue Gender - Complete Series DVD Set - $20
  • Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 - Complete Series DVD Set - $25
  • Dahpne In The Brilliant Blue - Complete Series DVD Set - $35
  • Excel Saga - Complete Series DVD Set - $20
  • Full Metal Panic! - Complete Series DVD Set (sealed) - $40
  • Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - Complete Series DVD Set (sealed w/ slipcovers) - $30
  • Kaleido Star: New Wings - Complete Series DVD Set - $20
  • Initial D - First Stage Season 1 DVD Box Set (TokyoPop version) - $45
  • Maburaho Complete Series Limited Edition DVD Set (Vol 2 - 6 are sealed, The artbox has some damage to it with some rips ) - $60
  • Madlax Complete Series Limited Edition DVD Box Set (box has damage) - $40
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny - Complete Series DVD Set (sealed) - $75
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation Movie Set - $35
  • Ragnarok The Animation - Complete Series DVD Set (sealed) - $15
  • The Soul Taker - Complete Series DVD Set - $15
  • Starship Operators - Complete Series DVD Set (sealed) - $25

UltraViolet Digital Codes
*$3 each
  • The Bling Ring
  • Crank
  • Crank 2
  • Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters

Weiss Schwarz
  • Character Sleeves - $13 each
  • Kantai Collection ENG RR/R/UC/C/CR/CC Playset (x4 each of cards) - $450
  • Sword Art Online II Extra Booster ENG cards lot (148 cards valued at $235.30 - promo cards still sealed - can provide card list) - Looking for $145 obo

Figures
  • Black Rock Shooter - 1/8 - Black Blade ver. (Good Smile Company) - $60
  • Hyakka Ryouran - Yagyu Jubei - 1/8 (Alter) - $50
  • Hyakka Ryouran - Yagyuu Gisen - 1/8 (Alter) - $50
  • Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Rensouhou-chan - Shimakaze - PM Figure (SEGA) - $20
  • Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Yahagi (Taito) - $20
  • Love Live! School Idol Project - Yazawa Niko - Special Figure - Korekara no Someday by FuRyu (sealed) - $20
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - Black Magician Girl - 1/7 by Kotobukiya (sealed) - $90

WANTS:
  • PayPal (family/friends payment or you pay fees)
  • Cheap Super Sonico goodies
  • The Girls of Freezing artbook
  • Bible Black merch (DVDs, figures, posters, books, etc)
  • Senran Kagura stuff
  • Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition key (low want)
  • Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void - Collector's Edition key (low want)
  • cheap Vita games (preferable sealed, can include imports)

MUnited83

For you.
Ugh.. I wish I would have read this first. Bernardo sent me a PM saying he just got another Rainbow 6: Siege key. As we're sending PMs back and forth about the transaction, he's responding within 5-10 minutes. Soon as I sent payment.... nothing. I've sent a couple PMs and haven't heard anything. I'll give him until the morning before I take steps to get a refund. I definitely wouldn't have bought from him if I knew I wasn't going to receive it quickly. I wanted to download it and play tonight. I was in the process of trying to acquire it through other means. He knew this because at first he told me he might have some tomorrow and asked would I be interested. I said yes, if I'm not able to find it today.
Considering I fell asleep before getting the payment's notice, I hardly see how it is my fault.

The game was in-hand and I sent it as soon as I woke up and saw the payment's notice. Sadly I can't be awake 24/7 .

Anyhow

Positive feedback for Mokoi, MilShap , Blak_Status

Edit: Think I worked something out with maxcriden! Disregard -
WTB: URGENT
S9i5ey0.png

BioWare points are finally on sale on US Gamestop website, but I can't buy them outside of the US.
It's $47.50 for all the DLC I want, I'd be happy to transfer that + $2.50 to whoever can get them for me! :D

I'm a GAF+ Buyer :) Please PM me!

Considering I fell asleep before getting the payment's notice, I hardly see how it is my fault.
This sort of "instant reception of purchased item" mentality that some GAFfers have been portraying here is easily way more caustic to the spirit of this thread than just about any of the rules listed in the OP. BernardoOne may be the latest victim, but s/he sure as heck isn't the first. Even Fleabay has a policy of X number of days to give a buyer/seller before filing a complaint.

I vote an established rule also be implemented here. Digital goods or not, we are all people who have obligations outside of this forum and realistic expectations should be set on account of. Feedback here is more valuable, in my opinion, due to close-knit nature of NeoGAF.

AwRy108

You overreacted honestly. What about Syriel's reply was whining exactly? The "FYI" part?

Cloggerdude's suggestion is more than apt. It's actually the best way to go about it. Just no need for the petty snide remarks.

...but you see, these statements play exactly into what I was trying to get at: who decides when someone's whining or being an "A-hole" about someone's pricing? Or who's going to screen every sale post to verify how much a user actually paid for something they're selling? Some people are selling stuff they've received for FREE from trade shows, places of employment, etc.--are we permitted to start calling them out now? These gray area are slippery slopes, so why not just leave the comments to the PM system? I'm baffled as to why people are against this.

Anyway, I've said my piece on the matter. I don't want to clog up the thread anymore, so I'll just let sleeping dogs lie.

Carry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom