• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

I feel like this should be cross-posted as a heads up to people who may not visit the feedback thread.

try asking paypal about it, sometimes they allow for the refund even in the gift option.

Also, everyone here should start knowing that gifting money through paypal is way too risky.

ekgrey

try asking paypal about it, sometimes they allow for the refund even in the gift option.

Also, everyone here should start knowing that gifting money through paypal is way too risky.

I think gifting is fine for folks with a substantial amount of positive feedback or for people vouched for by others with lots of positive feedback. But yeah, always check the list; it's there for a reason! Sorry this happened though. :( I do think that after repeated ripping people off that mods should probably step in.

WTS:

-Summon Night 5 in limited edition shipping box all brand new $75 shipped
Recent PSP release, was shipped in a special box. I will put the whole thing in a bigger box when I ship it. Everything inside is new/sealed and includes everything it came with. You should be able to pull the shipping label off of the box, as I've seen other people do -- I just haven't bothered. It's game number 77 (out of 5,000ish?), which is pretty sweet.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hlubmfo7q7kt39/Photo Jun 03, 3 54 48 PM.jpg

foltzie1

WTB Disney Movie Anywhere Codes Offering $5 ea or Make me an offer:

Disney: Cinderella - Animated, Tinkerbell, Princess & The Frog, Alice in Wonderland (other movie offers welcome too)
Pixar: Ratatouille, Bugs Life, Monsters University

Also, interested in a Retina Macbook (any specs) or Retina Macbook Pro (w/ 512GB) open to offers.

I called and I also messaged PayPal and was told to seek outside solutions, so I guess not.

And I've been buying PSN cards from the same 2 or 3 reliable people here forever, so I honestly didn't consider that people here could do such a crappy thing. I have so many positive transactions here, it seemed like it couldn't happen. So it's partly my fault as well.

SmokeMaxX

If you don't use the quote tags, whoever quotes your post ends up quoting your whole post with all the images.

People would, for example, quote a big post just to say at the end "PMed" and ALL the images were quoted, so you had to scroll down past the huge post again D:
Honestly, there's like almost no reason for anyone to ever quote someone else's post. I'm more in favor of a rule to stop quoting someone else's post and then putting "PM'd" or whatever. In the event that someone's post needs to be posted, it's better to just manually remove the image tags IMO. The reason I say this is because a vast majority of the time noone's posts are quoted. However, almost everyone with a listing has pics. Thus, almost every page will be significantly bigger if every pic is around quote/code tags whereas only rarely will someone's pictures be quoted by someone else.
I feel like this should be cross-posted as a heads up to people who may not visit the feedback thread.
You can often dispute the gift transaction through your card and/or bank. It's not a slam dunk for the receiver by any means unless your bank sucks.

Istaerion

I called and I also messaged PayPal and was told to seek outside solutions, so I guess not.

And I've been buying PSN cards from the same 2 or 3 reliable people here forever, so I honestly didn't consider that people here could do such a crappy thing. I have so many positive transactions here, it seemed like it couldn't happen. So it's partly my fault as well.

In this sort of situation, you need to get your banking institution involved. It may call for the report of an unauthorized transaction or failure to deliver goods.

Sending a payment via the gift option on PayPal doesn't have to mean you're 100% screwed even if PayPal doesn't want to offer their support.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Gotta check the feedback list. That sucks.
Also sucks that he's still trying to sell stuff to people here.

WTB: Older consoles a la SNES, GC, PS2 or N64.

Let me know what you have ITT or through a PM please.

Please check Rule 1, Point 2.

In this sort of situation, you need to get your banking institution involved. It may call for the report of an unauthorized transaction or failure to deliver goods.

Sending a payment via the gift option on PayPal doesn't have to mean you're 100% screwed even if PayPal doesn't want to offer their support.

I dont have a bank account attached to my Paypal account. I used money I got from selling stuff here. It was from my paypal balance.

We should probably stop clogging up the thread though. If anyone can help me get my money back, Im all ears. Send me a message. Maybe theres something else I can do.

Bungie's

What did you pay with? PayPal balance or bank/ credit card? Something similar happened to me a while back. Sent as gift and never got my item, contacted bank and got a refund within a few days.
Most recent scammer I had to deal with http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=453055 Never got my money for the $50 Eshop card I sent him. Obviously my fault for going first, dealt with him before so I thought I was safe.

It's a real shame the mods don't want to get involved in stuff like this.

That Prodigal person should've been IP banned twice already.

Do people think it's too much to include NEGATIVE feedback for people in their individual buy/sell posts?

The feedback thread is so flooded it's impossible to sift through it to find updated negative feedback.

I would love to see a constant reminder for people to not deal with Prodigal or Hyrule Warrior.

Basically:

WTB:
X Game
Y Game
Z Game

WTS:
A Game

Negative Transactions:
1 user (1 sentence explanation including date)
2 user (1 sentence explanation including date)

Ghizz

WTB: PS4 Console

Looking for something affordable for a college student. About to move into a dorm and would like my room to be the chill space for people to flock to during the first few weeks. Anyone have a used PS4 that doesn't get much use anymore?

PM.

What did you pay with? PayPal balance or bank/ credit card? Something similar happened to me a while back. Sent as gift and never got my item, contacted bank and got a refund within a few days.
Most recent scammer I had to deal with http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=453055 Never got my money for the $50 Eshop card I sent him. Obviously my fault for going first, dealt with him before so I thought I was safe.

I used the PayPal balance that I earned from selling stuff here. I sell my stuff here to buy stuff here. It's all I use that money for.

Istaerion

It's a real shame the mods don't want to get involved in stuff like this.

That Prodigal person should've been IP banned twice already.

Do people think it's too much to include NEGATIVE feedback for people in their individual buy/sell posts?

The feedback thread is so flooded it's impossible to sift through it to find updated negative feedback.

I would love to see a constant reminder for people to not deal with Prodigal or Hyrule Warrior.

Basically:

WTB:
X Game
Y Game
Z Game

WTS:
A Game

Negative Transactions:
1 user (1 sentence explanation)
2 user (1 sentence explanation)

I really doubt a person with negative or neutral feedback will advertise the fact that they have such feedback.

All we can do is hope that the feedback list is updated, and people are up to date with the changes.

DontBlink

FOR SALE:

All prices include shipping. Payment by PayPal gift or buyer covers the fees. PM with any questions or for more photos.

=====================

Bravely Second Collector's Edition
- brand new, sealed
- slightly dented from shipping
- $80

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Limited Edition
- brand new, sealed, has two rips on the sides
- $70

Nintendo 3DS The Legend of Zelda Special Edition
- outer box has dents and rips, inner box has a rip on the flap
- comes with charger and charging base
- system itself has a couple of scratches on top, plus some worn-out spots
- screens are great, no scratches, just smudges
- does not include the stylus or game
- $110

Game Boy Advance SP with a couple of games
- 3 complete games: Monopoly, Pac-Man Pinball Advance, Snood
- 2 carts: Tom and Jerry: The Magic Ring & Codename: Kids Next Door Vol 1 Video
- AGB-001, system was heavily used, lots of scratches on the outer case
- screen is nice, some small scratches
- comes with a carrying case and a hard case, plus a 3rd-party charger
- $30

Loot Crate leftovers
- a bunch of different stuff from some random crates
- $25

UV codes:
Out of the Furnace - $2
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - $2
The Raid: Redemption - $2

Steam keys:
Fran Bow - $4
Galak-Z - $3
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - $5
The Forest - SOLD
The Last Remnant - $2
Tomb Raider I, II, III - $2

I really doubt a person with negative or neutral feedback will advertise the fact that they have such feedback.

All we can do is hope that the feedback list is updated, and people are up to date with the changes.

No, it wouldn't be self-advertising that they have negative feedback.

Like in Bungie's case, he would have a little notation saying he gave Negative Feedback for Hyrule Warrior for x reason and on y date in his BTS posts.

Or in the future, Strangelove77's posts would have a similar notation for Prodigal.

Just an idea, not sure if it would fly, but it helps to keep everyone more aware.

Guitar Hero Live for Xbox one with guitar, game, charging stand, and rechargeable battery pack. Played for literally a single 2 hour session. $75 shipped in US.

7GtsCGSl.jpg

TRwzQGFl.jpg

Virtua Tennis Complete $5
Dead or Alive 2 Complete $12
Coaster Works Complete $5
Bust a Move 4 Complete $12
Virtua Tennis Complete $5
Atari Anniversary Edition Complete $5
Test Drive LeMans Complete $4
Fire Pro Wrestling D JP Complete $15
Ferrari F355 Challenge Complete $10
Confidential Mission Complete $15
Samba De Amigo v. 2000 JP Complete $20
Guilty Gear X LE JP Complete $20
Quake III Arena Complete $4
Sonic Adventure Complete $16
Sega Smashpack Volume 1 Complete $10
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 Complete $14
Ultimate Fighting Championship Complete $4
Jet Set Radio JP Complete $20
King of Fighters Evolution Complete $20
Power Stone 2 Complete Prior rental with sticker on disc and manual cover pulled away from staples $60
Phantasy Star Online Complete $8
NFL 2K1 Complete Free with any purchase
Mortal Kombat Gold Complete $25
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Complete $45
Test Drive V-Rally Complete $10
Test Drive LeMans Complete $4
Sega Marine Fishing Complete $5

CLwR01fl.jpg

Being lazy and just posting this pic of a bunch of games I'm selling. There's some gems in there so PM me if your interested and I'll come back with a fair price.

I have a set of Rosetta Stone Spanish Audio Companion Discs Levels 1, 2, and 3. There are 12 total discs. This is perfect for practicing your verbal Spanish around the house or in the car. $25 shipped in the US.

Please PM me what you'd like and your zip code and I'll respond with a shipped price. I typically take 20% off of average eBay sold prices as there are no fees here. I will offer better deals in larger orders. I have loads of positive feedback as both a buyer and a seller.

Istaerion

No, it wouldn't be self-advertising that they have negative feedback.

Like in Bungie's case, he would have a little notation saying he gave Negative Feedback for Hyrule Warrior for x reason and on y date in his BTS posts.

I see. You could do that, but that's just messy and impractical.

I wish we could get a system embedded on the forums for feedback, but it's been made clear such a thing will never happen.

I see. You could do that, but that's just messy and impractical.

I wish we could get a system embedded on the forums for feedback, but it's been made clear such a thing will never happen.

Yeah. But probably no messier than the Feedback thread...it's literally a year behind now at this point?

Again, just throwing an idea out.

WTS:

Zotac GTX 970 for $210, with free shipping to anywhere in the US. It's been used for a little less than a year, and I've had zero problems with it.

Istaerion

Yeah. But probably no messier than the Feedback thread...it's literally a year behind now at this point?

Yeah... I don't know what's happening with the feedback list updates, but I can't imagine that's a duty a lot of people are fighting over.

The idea isn't awful, but it's definitely getting in the territory of calling people out when we already have another system that accomplishes the same thing were it updated at a reasonable rate.

It might be better to encourage people to actually check the feedback list before conducting any transaction with someone they haven't dealt with before. If not the list, at least do a quick search on the feedback thread to see if anything negative pops up.

C-Drive

S9i5ey0.png
SLEIhbg.png

Prices include shipping. I accept Paypal via Friends and Family option or you may pay the fees. Click the items for a picture - a picture in good ole crappy phone quality, blurring everything possible.

Getting rid of my good ole' Super Nintendo / SNES that's been with me 20+ years. It works great and includes two controllers, an OEM power brick, and OEM RCA cables. In those 20+ years, some white paint got on the power brick in one of the times my mother repainted my room back home. (Probably could be cleaned off, but I never did for the nostalgic value.)

Super Nintendo console + two controllers, power brick, and RCA cables - $65

Just a FYI, since I know it's been popular. Best Buy will have DOOM for $39.99 6/12 - 6/18 which makes it $32 + tax with GCU. They have physical copies of the PC version too.

This is awesome because I was literally at Best Buy 20 minutes ago with the game in my hand, but put it back thinking that it wouldn't be long before it's on sale. Got Kirby instead. I'll get DOOM Sunday.

I recently volunteered to help out with the feedback list, and have been trying to spend an hour a night getting it up-to-date. At this point the last feedback tallied was in February of 2016. So we're far back for sure, but not too terrible. It's going to take a while, but I'm going to keep chipping away each night.

I've sent several messages volunteering my services, but have never heard back. If anyone of significance is reading this and would like me to help out with catching up feedback, send me a PM!

I recently volunteered to help out with the feedback list, and have been trying to spend an hour a night getting it up-to-date. At this point the last feedback tallied was in February of 2016. So we're far back for sure, but not too terrible. It's going to take a while, but I'm going to keep chipping away each night.

Yeah, I just checked it out before your post and noticed Cloggerdude's name wasn't there for the first time in a looooong time.

TY for your help on it, it'll be nice having my 10 or so transactions finally get on there!

Alex

IMHO, never gift money for a purchase. Most simply ask for you to pay fees, which is totally fair but every so often there's a listing that will only take gifts and I've seen enough problems that I feel like If the seller won't take a normal transaction it is probably not worth the risk unless they are a personality known entity or some huge community staple.

I totally understand why some (the legit ones) ask for it and it can be a cruddy situation for all but it will never sit quite right with me giving up all protection. Again, just IMHO, obviously up to the individual.

ekgrey

I am finally involved again with editing and will hopefully have a few hours over the weekend to blast through some. If anyone interested can send me PMs, I'll coordinate with Cloggerdude and we'll get this done!

edit: oh jesus Christ, sorry everyone, I didn't mean to quote Daria's image, obviously. Trying to check the thread on mobile at work and just brainfarted. Thanks for letting me know guys and thanks Daria for fixing it. :)

Stimpack

WTS Mario Kart 7 Full Game Download Code 3DS - $10 paypal F&F

Bought a 2DS, but have no use for the code. I'm not going to mail it, so I hope that's alright!

EDIT- SOLD!

colonelpork

Neo Member
WTS some UV/digital copy codes. Some have gone past the expiration date, but I've checked them and they work.

Room (UV) (not to be confused with The Room) - $3
Birdman (UV) - $2
Dallas Buyer's Club (UV) - $2

Expired codes:

Bad Grandpa (UV/Digital Copy) $1
Don Jon (UV) - $1
American Reunion (UV/Digital Copy) - $1

PayPal only. PM if interested.

ss_lemonade

Just a FYI, since I know it's been popular. Best Buy will have DOOM for $39.99 6/12 - 6/18 which makes it $32 + tax with GCU. They have physical copies of the PC version too.

I see that it only comes with 1 disc. Is this a retail copy with a steam key or something?

Patchy

Banned
WTS

MSI GTX 980 TI

Under a year old. Prefect working order.

Based in Melbourne Australia, selling to get a GTX 1070.

$650 ono.

Mega

Banned

Wow, what the fuck? Wasn't he the punk all bitter and whining about the "morality" of people getting in on a pricing error that he missed out on? The nerve some people have. You sold me Mario RPG at a nice price so it sucks that shit like this happens to good sellers.

Why do mods decide to not get involved? Literally stealing from the community is a lot worse than breaking any ordinary rule in the TOS. It makes no sense.

mdsfx

You can browser mobile GAF with images off and click at leisure.

Personally I have no problem with the rule. If that is what's agreed then fine.

Just don't a be a dick.

Browsing images can make it easy to find what you are looking for compared to reviewing a page full of text only IMO

was that last bit directed at me? If so, was it really necessary?

sabanoo

Just a heads up for all the new people adding feedback... please don't idle in the feedback doc if you can help it. It'll help avoid potential feedback collisions.

I believe the feedback collection should be far easier once we get to the dedicated thread as we can automate it at that point.

AkumaNiko

Looking to unload my Asus 28" 4K monitor. It's a great monitor with no dead pixels. Comes with the cable, power cable and box (no packing on the inside). I'm asking $300 shipped. Price Updated

photo up, that dot in the center is the flash

toneroni

Wow, what the fuck? Wasn't he the punk all bitter and whining about the "morality" of people getting in on a pricing error that he missed out on? The nerve some people have. You sold me Mario RPG at a nice price so it sucks that shit like this happens to good sellers.

Why do mods decide to not get involved? Literally stealing from the community is a lot worse than breaking any ordinary rule in the TOS. It makes no sense.
Srsly, why isn hyrule warrior still around and super active if he does scam?

mdsfx

Srsly, why isn hyrule warrior still around and super active if he does scam?

I've had multiple flawless transactions with Hyrule Warrior and most recently he even sent me a free code for a game I'd searching for. As far as my experiences go, he's no scammer and and all around great person to deal with.

Let the feedback system do the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom