• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Hip Hop

Would it be a good idea to use a VPN and unlock Call of Duty earlier on Steam?

I've never done this before.

kanuuna

Would it be a good idea to use a VPN and unlock Call of Duty earlier on Steam?

I've never done this before.
I don't see how that's a bad idea. I did the same with GRID 2, got the pre-order bonuses while it was a day off it's EU release and then unlocked it via VPN. I used Spotflux if I recall correctly.
Is it out anywhere yet, though?

Sojgat

OT is the funniest shit I've seen all day, and I was just at a midnight launch where I'm pretty sure all the store employees were on meth.

Lunaniem

Already posted in the Steam thread about it, but it would be good here. Ghosts is now out in a couple of countries so you can use a VPN to unlock it. I'm using a Vietnam VPN to do it.

kriskrosbbk

dogs-cod-ghosts-552x360.jpg

Put Riley a pair of horns and call Santa.

Jindrax

Guys I got a problem. I ordered my game for pc from Amazon.fr and it says game in French xD. If I get the game on disc. And it isn't on steam. I'm screwed right?

IISANDERII

I thought I was burned out on Call of Duty but I can't resist the appeal of the Riot Shield.

I've just ordered the game on Amazon - Thanks to them it's only €45 instead of €60 (on Steam), and they'll ship it to me by tomorrow, while downloading it would take too long (my max download speed is about 500 kb/sec)

Call of Duty's multiplayer is instant fun and I love to confuse the fuck out of people with the Riot Shield. It's my most-used weapon, even before SMGs.

Edit: Titanfall will destroy CoD anyway. Respawn is the real Infinity Ward in my eyes.
Love the riot shield in Domination, it dominates. Used to run with a clan where half the team used riot shields at times. Doing that, we never lost one single match in MW3.
So damn fun and funny.

I´m late, but this OT is one for the ages. I was not disappointed.

Can´t wait to call in Riley in the middle of streaks. I can already see i´ll be using UAV + Sentry + dog all day.

Kacar

CoD is one of my favorite series ever judging by how much I've played each of them. I've loved all of the IW entries. BO was alright, Bo2 was the one I played by far the least. Probably only for a month or so. But MW2 and MW3 are probably in my top 5 multiplayer games ever. Got to prestige 10 at least in both of those. Just setting off nukes left and right.

I can't not buy these games.

Sigma722

I think I might grab this on ps4 at launch.

I skipped blops2, and am pretty happy about that, but I tend to like the IW entries better anyway.

I got COD4 with my ps3 purchase, so it seems fitting to grab this entry with the ps4.

I like this "arcade"y shooting brand better than the "simulator"y Battlefields I think.

antitrop

God damnit, I pre-ordered. I am weak and I am part of the problem.

Black Ops II is still $60 and I plan on playing Ghosts sometime within the next year. Fuck Activision and their greedy pricing.

Lunaniem

How? Any way to play the MP?

You find a VPN server online that connects to one of the countries already unlocked and start Steam with it so it unlocks. After that, you need to start the game with the VPN whenever you want to play or go into offline mode.

I'm sure you could play MP if you close the VPN, but I can't test since I have to re-download most of the MP right now.

Aparently COD: Ghosts' campaign is 4 hours long, which is very short, even in COD standards

I spotted that article earlier too, I really hope not. I impulse bought it, I can accept the campaigns are short, but they're not usually that short. I've saw the Arkham Origins campaign describes as 6 hours long though this week, so hopefully it's just one of those, and it's a bit longer for people who aren't skipping as much as possible etc.

If it is, I guess that teaches me a lesson only spending £30 can teach you.

Black Ops II is still $60

This is kind of why I just went for it at the price I could. It's not like they actually ever drop, so if your ever going to bother, launch is the best time really. Still...4 hours.

Effect

How much of a risk would I be taking with going with the PC version of the game? I recall MW2 was hacked to hell and back. Granted that wasn't a Steam game. I don't know what MW3 was like though. How bad were things there?

BO1 had servers so admins could ban cheaters. I only got to play a little of BO2 during a free weekend and things seemed okay.

antitrop

How much of a risk would I be taking with going with the PC version of the game? I recall MW2 was hacked to hell and back. Granted that wasn't a Steam game. I don't know what MW3 was like though. How bad were things there?

MW3 was hacker central on PC. I think it was the worst experience I've had with cheating in an online multiplayer game on PC since Counter-Strike circa 2002.

Strangely enough, my experience with Black Ops II MP was far more legit.

Gaz_RB

God damnit, I pre-ordered. I am weak and I am part of the problem.

Black Ops II is still $60 and I plan on playing Ghosts sometime within the next year. Fuck Activision and their greedy pricing.
lol after seeing your posts earlier in the thread trashin the game, this one is hilarious.

I preordered too :/

antitrop

lol after seeing your posts earlier in the thread trashin the game, this one is hilarious.

I preordered too :/
I've played every single main game in the series since I was 17 when the first one came out. Military shooters are my favorite genre, I just can't help myself.

Shit, even if Ghosts isn't really what I want from CoD, at least this will be guaranteed better campaign than both Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Battlefield 3/4.

Lulubop

MW3 was hacker central on PC. I think it was the worst experience I've had with cheating in an online multiplayer game on PC since Counter-Strike circa 2002.

Strangely enough, my experience with Black Ops II MP was far more legit.

Pretty sure Treyarch implemented a very good anticheat system for BO2. Or something like that.

Anyone have any feed back on the PC version of Ghost? Settings? FoV? Anticheat?

SonicBoom

I'm cancelling my xboxone pre-order and going with a 360 copy of Ghosts.

I'm going to wait till next year to get a next gen console.... I got too much going on and trying to pay off some debt... kinda bummed out cuz I was gonna get this game for Xbox1

antitrop

I'm going to wait till next year to get a next gen console.... I got too much going on and trying to pay off some debt... kinda bummed out cuz I was gonna get this game for Xbox1
I was joking before, but is there literally any difference between Ghosts on 360 and Xbox One other than a slight increase in resolution? (600p->720p)

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
how are people playing the pc version already? it doesn't unlock for 16 hours :(

I've played every single main game in the series since I was 17 when the first one came out. Military shooters are my favorite genre, I just can't help myself.

Shit, even if Ghosts isn't really what I want from CoD, at least this will be guaranteed better campaign than both Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Battlefield 3/4.

Same.
then im always like "Im not sure about the next one"
and then I always end up getting hyped for it right before release.

aravuus

You find a VPN server online that connects to one of the countries already unlocked and start Steam with it so it unlocks. After that, you need to start the game with the VPN whenever you want to play or go into offline mode.

I'm sure you could play MP if you close the VPN, but I can't test since I have to re-download most of the MP right now.

Thought as much, just opened BF4 a couple of days ago with a VPN and it was like that.

Can't find a good program to do it though, privatetunnel has a tiny amount of options. What are you using?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I was considering doing the same with PS4 but I actually canceled my pre-order today and will probably get Ghosts on 360 as well. No need to rush into next gen, it'll be here for the next 7-10 years.

Skubastew

Neo Member
I am sorry but this OT is really bad. Like I get it, COD is for little kids and bros and is not popular among the "elite gamers". But I love cod and other OTs while are fun and do poke fun at the game, in the end they are excited for the game.

This is just a circle jerk, and was really looking forward to some good ghosts hype :(

Top Bottom