• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Sioen

I'm guessing it is in every copy. They pulled the same shit with Nuketown. I didn't preorder one. Walked into locally owned store and bought it with Nuketown.
I read that it's linked to specific retailers though like Game in the UK and such.. (which is retarded btw)

antitrop

Man, this PC pre-load is huge.

21GB for the MP, 27GB for the SP? Not really seeing where it's going, honestly. The levels aren't really any bigger... the graphics aren't really any better... so why is like 3x the size of BO2? Whatever, next-gen is here. Hah.

Cornbread78

ghostmoddedlelnvkc7.gif

ghostssniping02uxg.gif

Moar GIFs.

Wait, I thought they got rid of quickscoping?

zeelman

^^^^^No, they just didn't have Quickdraw in the preview builds.

Every game looks bad in grainy Youtube videos. The game will look great in 1080P or higher resolutions with all the eye candy enabled.

Effect

MW3 was hacker central on PC. I think it was the worst experience I've had with cheating in an online multiplayer game on PC since Counter-Strike circa 2002.

Strangely enough, my experience with Black Ops II MP was far more legit.

Damn. How does that even happen I wonder. Guess I'll hold off on going in that direction to see how things turn out. Wii U strangely seems be the best choice on that front simply because the Wii U hasn't, and hopefully it doesn't, been hacked yet. How bad is it usually on the PS3?

antitrop

All those 4k textures!

In the Battlefield 4 OT, Dennis mentioned possibly making a comparison thread between BF4 on the absolute highest PC settings and CoD: Ghosts with no bias. Just to show it like it is.

I would love to see that.

In the Battlefield 4 OT, Dennis mentioned possibly making a comparison thread between BF4 on the absolute highest PC settings and CoD: Ghosts with no bias. Just to show it like it is.

I would love to see that.

Same. I'm genuinely curious to see what the PC version of Ghosts looks like on ultra, to the point that I've even considered thinking about entertaining the thought of buying it.

aravuus

I am sorry but this OT is really bad. Like I get it, COD is for little kids and bros and is not popular among the "elite gamers". But I love cod and other OTs while are fun and do poke fun at the game, in the end they are excited for the game.

This is just a circle jerk, and was really looking forward to some good ghosts hype :(

I just ignored it and the idiots going "hehe the op is better than the game lol!"

I'm not even a "no fun allowed" guy, the OT is just unfunny.

Cornbread78

^^^^^No, they just didn't have Quickdraw in the preview builds.

Every game looks bad in grainy Youtube videos. The game will look great in 1080P or higher resolutions with all the eye candy enabled.

Great, so it's going to be the same old CoD with every sniper sitting in the back of the map exploiting the quickscope and laughing about how good they are when they don't even know how to aim the gun... great, sounds like a blast....

jediyoshi

Man, this PC pre-load is huge.

21GB for the MP, 27GB for the SP? Not really seeing where it's going, honestly. The levels aren't really any bigger... the graphics aren't really any better... so why is like 3x the size of BO2? Whatever, next-gen is here. Hah.

wut

Kacar

Great, so it's going to be teh same old CoD with every sniper sittign int he back of the map exploiting the quickscope and laughing about how good they are when they don;t even know how to aim the gun... great, sounds like a blast....
Quickscoping isn't that bad. It is toned down alot more. Quickscopers go like even K/D every game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Great, so it's going to be the same old CoD with every sniper sitting in the back of the map exploiting the quickscope and laughing about how good they are when they don't even know how to aim the gun... great, sounds like a blast....

Quickscopers are annoying, but nothing that can't be dealt with.

Cornbread78

Surprise, they were full of bullshit as usual.

uggh, why do they keep allowign it? It doesn't make any sense, were they afraid of the angry mops of 12 year olds storming the devs home?

Quickscoping isn't that bad. It is toned down alot more. Quickscopers go like even K/D every game.

well, not really, once you get the timing down for your rifle of choice, it's a 1 shot kill everytime with very little skill at all.

Quickscopers are annoying, but nothing that can't be dealt with.

It's not the end of the world, just annoying as heck and the little kids that brag about it are even more annoying... It's a stupid exploit that could easily be removed..

Nokterian

MW3 was hacker central on PC. I think it was the worst experience I've had with cheating in an online multiplayer game on PC since Counter-Strike circa 2002.

Strangely enough, my experience with Black Ops II MP was far more legit.

Thanks to PCDev from Treyarch swinging that banhammer and saying it on twitter that he is doing this thing. I love Treyarch because they know the pc audience.

Gibbo

Played the first hour. You guys will be glad to know that the game is pretty well optimized. Ran everything at 1080p on Max settings (including the several texture options which were on Extra). Game played at 60fps for the most part even when there was lots of shit going on.

7970 / i5-3450 / DDR 8GB

Skubastew

Neo Member
I just ignored it and the idiots going "hehe the op is better than the game lol!"

Same OTs are not meant to be super serioues but this is just really a waste of space.

Anyways what are you looking forward too? I heard the maps are more like mw2 so that got me pumped. And that freefall maps looks dope!

Lulubop

Played the first hour. You guys will be glad to know that the game is pretty well optimized. Ran everything at 1080p on Max settings (including the several texture options which were on Extra). Game played at 60fps for the most part even when there was lots of shit going on.

7970 / i5-3450 / DDR 8GB

No FoV slider, correct?

7970 / i5-3450 / DDR 8GB

Show us the options! haha

Foxyone

I never knew that they were adding GPU accelerated animal fur on the Nvidia side. Sounds interesting, although thus far, I don't know that I've even seen Riley's fur have that.

aravuus

Same OTs are not meant to be super serioues but this is just really a waste of space.

Anyways what are you looking forward too? I heard the maps are more like mw2 so that got me pumped. And that freefall maps looks dope!

A new Call of Duty game :lol

No really, I buy it every year. And every year, I enjoy the hell out of it for a while. MW3 has been the worst modern day CoD so far so I'm slightly skeptic, but from what we've seen, it seems they've nailed a lot of stuff.

Talking proper additions, the game mode Blitz sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Zing

Banned
I was interested in the game until I watched some of that live stream. The multiplayer looks so random and plays far too fast for my taste. Players die almost instantly. Every time the player died, I had no idea how or what killed him. He would just spontaneously die and literally instantly respawn. I'm not sure why this would be fun. If every weapon kills in .5 seconds, then where does the skill enter?

Skubastew

Neo Member

A new Call of Duty game :lol

No really, I buy it every year. And every year, I enjoy the hell out of it for a while. MW3 has been the worst modern day CoD so far so I'm slightly skeptic, but from what we've seen, it seems they've nailed a lot of stuff.

Talking proper additions, the game mode Blitz sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Haha same man, every year I buy it. It is fun for at least 3 months and to me that is worth it alone. Now COD4 lifespan was amazing. SnR looks like a more team based SnD, but I really hope they bring SnD back to the playlist it is my favorite gametype.

Top Bottom