• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

antitrop

so any reviews on this yet? I mean it'll still get 10/10 "BEST COD EVER", just curious

Actually, CoD reviews have been fairly measured the last few years.

Black Ops 2 was 11 points below Call of Duty 4. (4: 94, BO2: 83) As it deserves. These games aren't what they used to be.

Actually, CoD reviews have been fairly measured the last few years.

Black Ops 2 was 11 points below Call of Duty 4. (4: 94, BO2: 83) As it deserves. These games aren't what they used to be.

And World at War is lower than 4 and ties with BO2, but its the best ):
(EDIT: WAW is higher on PC than BLOPSII so thats good)

Anywho, good to know.

http://www.twitch.tv/dj_poppa

Those dying animations, with your body glitching trough objects, look like they're "borrowed" from SOF2.

Maybe SP will look better but MP is butt-ugly.
I always forget how terrible the movement speed is in COD games, it looks like he's moving in slow motion, how can someone enjoy playing like that.
You can also hear the frustration in everyone's voice on that stream, glorious.
Cod players are such masochists:p

It looks a bit better graphically then the previous games , still ugly compared to actual modern graphics though.

When are they going to overhaul the lighting model in this game? The lighting is so flat
I thought the lighting was supposed to be overhauled?

GlamFM

Banned
OT of the year.

Looking forward to the next gen version of this.

Not sure if I will go with XBOX ONE or PS4.

IISANDERII

Seems like the vast majority of these maps are conducive to close quarters encounters.
So I can't see the sense in adding in another category of long range weapons like marksman rifles.
What's the story?

Strider

Everywhere I look (mainly on twitter) people keep complaining about the map design and how quickly you die. Definite pass for me now.

Hope those of you who get it enjoy it though

"Image Quality" is a downscaling option. Set to Extra for native resolution rendering.

Also, overview of PC features, and screenshots taken at 3840x2160 over on our site: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/call-of-duty-ghosts-definitive-pc-version-available-now

On the PC, Call of Duty: Ghosts players receive the definitive experience, with assets, display resolutions, and textures that best the 720p and 1080p experiences offered by the “next-gen” Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Oh, you!

Hip Hop

Played the first hour. You guys will be glad to know that the game is pretty well optimized. Ran everything at 1080p on Max settings (including the several texture options which were on Extra). Game played at 60fps for the most part even when there was lots of shit going on.

7970 / i5-3450 / DDR 8GB

I do not like the line: "For the most part".

I'll be disappointed if it ever dips below 60fps at the highest of settings. Almost unacceptable to me. Almost.

"Image Quality" is a downscaling option. Set to Extra for native resolution rendering.

Also, overview of PC features, and screenshots taken at 3840x2160 over on our site: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/call-of-duty-ghosts-definitive-pc-version-available-now

Can we still set the resolution ourselves, outside of this setting? I'm thinking along the lines of downsampling and how I'm going to do that if I don't have an actual resolution selection, and instead I have *Extra*/native (1080p for my monitor, for example) or below.

Weenerz

Banned
Noticed this was out in the scene, does that mean we can log into a VPN and play now? What country already has this unlocked?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I have played it since friday, and the maps are huge. Clearly built for 9v9. Its horrible on console with 6v6, takes forever to find someone.

I really like the sound of this. I prefer a slightly slower paced COD game and if it's more like Black Ops 1 in pace I'd be very happy.

Liseda

I'm having these weird bugs on the PC version, like randomly it jumps my mouse sensitivity to max and makes me do a 360.
Happens in SP and MP, quite weird.
I can't seem to be able to fraps either because when it's recording it just completely freezes up.

i7-3770k and a GTX 680.
Game unlocked through Australian VPN.

Weenerz

Banned
I'm having these weird bugs on the PC version, like randomly it jumps my mouse sensitivity to max and makes me do a 360.
I can't seem to be able to fraps either because when it's recording it just completely freezes up.

i7-3770k and a GTX 680.

Best VPN software to use to unlock? Tunnelbear doesn't have Australia.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Can we still set the resolution ourselves, outside of this setting? I'm thinking along the lines of downsampling and how I'm going to do that if I don't have an actual resolution selection, and instead I have *Extra*/native (1080p for my monitor, for example) or below.

Yes. "Image Quality" is just a <100% version of the Resolution Scale option in BF4, Euro Truck Simulator 2, PlanetSide 2, etc

.nimrod

i7-3770k and a GTX 680.

IIRC, this was also an issue with MW3 on pc and reducing the mouse polling rate fixed it.

Nabs

i7-3770k and a GTX 680.

lol they never fixed this? gg.

You should try disabling fraps.

Impressions after about 5 hours of playing multiplayer:

-Spawns are incredibly bad. People regularly spawn in front of you(sometimes in groups) or behind you. This is much more common than in any of the previous games and happens across most if not all game modes.

-A LOT of guns have intrusive iron sights that take up a large portion of the screen.

-The maps are big and cluttered. They changed to size of geometry to prevent head clipping. Not a fan of the maps so far, but that might be due to the shitty spawns.

- The create a class system is needlessly and overly complex,

- It takes longer than usual to level up. Squad points take a while to earn and I feel like the structure of the economy just isn't balanced. Things feel too expensive.

- Maniac juggernaut seems to have a built in commando perk. Although it might be just the lag, the dedicated servers arent up yet..

-Smgs feel weaker than usual especially with a silencer.

Overall I'm pretty bummed on this game. It might just be the fatigue setting in but this feels like the COD 3 of the modern warfare series.

Impressions after about 5 hours of playing multiplayer:

-Spawns are incredibly bad. People regularly spawn in front of you(sometimes in groups) or behind you. This is much more common than in any of the previous games and happens across most if not all game modes.

-A LOT of guns have intrusive iron sights that take up a large portion of the screen.

-The maps are big and cluttered. They changed to size of geometry to prevent head clipping. Not a fan of the maps so far, but that might be due to the shitty spawns.

- The create a class system is needlessly and overly complex,

- It takes longer than usual to level up. Squad points take a while to earn and I feel like the structure of the economy just isn't balanced. Things feel too expensive.

- Maniac juggernaut seems to have a built in commando perk. Although it might be just the lag, the dedicated servers arent up yet.

Overall I'm pretty bummed on this game. It might just be the fatigue setting in but this feels like the COD 3 of the modern warfare series.
I think the first mistake in the game was buying it. :(

Hip Hop

Think so. Can't really check since I'm at work. Just make sure to download the SoftEther client that includes the VPNGate plugin.

Looks like it worked, but it seems that the multiplayer will have to be downloaded once again even after pre-loading. all 24gb's.

Atleast I'm getting that out of the way now.

Thanks.

Nonentity

Picked up an early PS3 copy on Friday in prep for the PS4 digital upgrade, I also had some steam bux from HATS so I picked up the PC version.

Played some hours of MP over the weekend - I actually like the map design over blops2 map design, the larger maps are pretty complicated. Sure, the leveling is slower, but if you know what you want, it doesn't take all that long to get a build going for it. Gun sounds are better than blops2, at least in my opinion.

Extinction is very fun, much better than Zombies. It has its own leveling system and is pretty challenging, I love scrounging around in trash and finding a red dot sight.

Sucks that there is no FOV slider, but I'm assuming Ghosts FOV Changer.exe will show up and be legit like it was for MW3.

People always tend to make snap judgments about this game, I'll need more time to really decide one way or the other.

Moss

For what it's worth, I quite liked the opening to the campaign. The art direction is strong. The writing is your typical Oorah nonsense but it's not massively offensive.

Top Bottom