• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Milennia

10 years i would of dominated like i did in CS but now? Nope. I don't have the time to put in to be good and even if i did my hand/eye coordination is gutter trash now.

I literally hop into a game and die like 37 times in the first 5 minutes and i am not even mad about it. A game like BF i can do a little better in because it's so big and i can just crash things into people but even BF isn't that fun without friends. Knowing my impulse like nature i will most likely buy the game tonight and immediately regret it, thank myself once i am playing the SP and once i hop in MP regret it again.

I had both this and BF3 in my amazon cart earlier today and came so close to pulling the trigger before i heard BF3 is filled with bugs.

If you like shooter campaigns as an alternative, bad company 2 was my favorite "surprise" single player of the gen... So much fun. If you havent given that ago, i would jump on that.

I was once decent at FPS as a whole as well... I quit for quite a while to play MMos and when i came back... Its going to take alot of work to get back to where i was skillwise lol even in battlefield.

Its like my hands are unable to deal with whats happening on screen fast enough anymore... The best i can do right now is getting surprised by someone and panic shooting/knifing them so i can at least give off the illusion im not total garbage lol.

Me, my friend and 2 random people beat Extinction a few moments ago:

JOdcH0d.jpg

That end part was intense. Loving this sooo much more than zombies.

Karak

Haha this OT is so stupid but I'm good with it. Not gonna lie I'm pretty psyched for a linear thrill ride of a campaign. GeForce screenshots look nice and I'm ready.

I will post my review later but don't think you will be disappointed.

border

So is there anything to stop me (or anyone else) from buying Ghosts today, yanking out the code for a $10 "next gen" upgrade, then immediately trading the game in for $30-40 in store credit?

You'd effectively end up paying only $30-40 for the PS4/Xbone version, and put a used copy of Ghosts on the market. I am surprised that Activision is so willing to do this.

So is there anything to stop me (or anyone else) from buying Ghosts today, yanking out the code for a $10 "next gen" upgrade, then immediately trading the game in for $30-40 in store credit?

You'd effectively end up paying only $30-40 for the PS4/Xbone version, and put a used copy of Ghosts on the market. I am surprised that Activision is so willing to do this.

The disc is required for authentication.

What is this $10 next gen upgrade?
Buy current gen and get next-gen version for $10

USC-fan

Banned

Believe you need the disc to play the next gen version.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Extinction is seriously amazing. No doubt at all.

Genuine question, what's so brilliant about it ? I've not played it but just seeing footage it looks like just another horde style mode. I'm admittedly not a fan of CODs Zombie mode either.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is the 12 player maximum for current gen systems confirmed? I've only seen it "rumored" thus far.

Karak

Genuine question, what's so brilliant about it ? I've not played it but just seeing footage it looks like just another horde style mode. I'm admittedly not a fan of CODs Zombie mode either.

Sure. Without going into my review early for it. There is just an excellent mix of levels, traps, tricks, and action to it. I also was not a fan at ALL of the Zombie levels. Not at all. The varied enemy types alone make it different. This isn't shamblers walking along the ground.

I mean its not perfect but its a great and exciting addition that requires a different gameplay style than the zombies and in all honesty fits far better with COD with vertical and horizontal gameplay in addition to the typical action that MP allows.

Does anyone know if Scavenger replenishes lethals or tacticals? This will determine if it's on every one of my classes or none of them.

So I want to try and figure out a way to make this happen for myself.

I've got XBL points to use. I want to somehow buy the game digitally for my brother, but then be able to pay the $10 to upgrade it to the XB1 version later.

Can I have him log in on his console as me, and buy the 360 version there, and then play it under his gamertag?

I'm hoping there is a way that a month from now he could be playing the 360 version on his console, and I could be playing the XB1 version at the same time, based on the single purchase on one gamertag.

Anyone who ordered from GMG know when they're suppose to be sending out Steam codes?

At least EA sent their BF4 codes out a few days early for preloading. I'm really going to hate having to wait and download 30gbs.

EDIT: NVM, just got my code in an email.

NIN90

Anyone who ordered from GMG know when they're suppose to be sending out Steam codes?

At least EA sent their BF4 codes out a few days early for preloading. I'm really going to hate having to wait and download 30gbs.

antitrop just hooked me up with a code from GMG and he got it immediately.
Check your order page. Should be in there somewhere.

antitrop

antitrop just hooked me up with a code from GMG and he got it immediately.
Check your order page. Should be in there somewhere.

Yeah, I got NIN a copy from GMG and the Steam key was literally in the "Order Complete!" page after I submitted my CC info.

I bought and installed this off of the psn last night, do I get the free fall map (north america)?
Also, will I be able to play this at 9pm, when it is midnight on the east coast, or do I have to wait until it is midnight on the west coast? a dumb question. Would changing my timezone work? lol

I bought and installed this off of the psn last night, do I get the free fall map (north america)?
Also, will I be able to play this at 9pm, when it is midnight on the east coast, or do I have to wait until it is midnight on the west coast? a dumb question. Would changing my timezone work? lol

Yes, you'll get the free fall map - source.

No, it unlocks at 12:01 AM PST tonight - source.

Top Bottom