• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Loakum

Banned
another game to just stare at..for now anyway.

bo2SgV5.jpg

Fistwell

Man... MP looks and plays like absolute garbage with a 670 4G... back to BF4 it is.

Edit: it looks blurry as shit, as if rendered in lower res and upscaled, although it's set to my screen's resolution... this is quite something... blops2 runs circles aournd this turd.

Kacar

Feels much more like a Black Ops than a Modern Warfare. Which I don't like.

I hate point unlock systems.

Soveriegn and flooded are clusterfucks. The spawns give you no chance.

Stormfront is my level. Consistently getting 30+ kills on kill confirmed and TDM.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Having fun on the 360 version although these maps all seem like they were designed for more players. I haven't messed around with the modes...am I correct that consoles only support max of 6v6? Seems like a lot of these should be 8v8 imo.

I like that they seemed to have brought back more verticality to the maps though.

And...I CAN HEAR FOOTSTEPS AGAIN. What can I say I am kind of a sound whore. :D

Loakum

Banned
I hear that Call of Duty Ghosts won't have the create your own user tag. That kind of sucks. I had fun with that feature.

Cyf6N2C.jpg

^ from my nametag on Call of Duty Black Ops

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
A couple of friends said servers went down within the last 10 minutes.

To the ass that told me "COD always has good launches" in the GTAV thread; SUCK IT!

Hope to get this on Friday.

A couple of friends said servers went down within the last 10 minutes.

To the ass that told me "COD always has good launches" in the GTAV thread; SUCK IT!

Hope to get this on Friday.

COD has had terrible launches. MW2 was nearly unplayable for the first week and other games have had similar launch issues.

Feeroper

I'm having a hard time deciding the platform. I have got all the other CoD's on 360, and I have a PS4 preordered.

PS4 will be prettier but I don't know anyone else getting PS4 right away.

360 will probably have larger multiplayer user base but not as pretty and the maps have a smaller player cap.

What is the general opinion for platform GAF? Are most going to one platform or another? Or is it split?

They really need to do something about the lag.

I'm getting the shit where as soon as I see someone I'm dead and have no reaction time and when I do get a jump on them it takes half a round to drop them lol

Yup. Just as bad as the last game. It was the one main thing that made me quit playing a lot earlier than I normally would. Well, at least I didn't buy it this time!

I do like the bigger maps but its strange that even with the bigger maps and the same amount of players it always still seems like someone is right around the next corner.

Moofers

I'm having a hard time deciding the platform. I have got all the other CoD's on 360, and I have a PS4 preordered.

360 will probably have larger multiplayer user base but not as pretty and the maps have a smaller player cap.

What is the general opinion for platform GAF? Are most going to one platform or another? Or is it split?
Get the ps3 version and enjoy it for two weeks, then get the ps4 version for $10 and enjoy. I used to have all my friends on Xbox 360 until I really tried to make a community on PS3. Now I've got a bunch of new were friends on PS3 that I'll play with when my stubborn 360 friends don't want to come over. Come on over man PS four is going to be your primary console anyway, so just jump in with both feet!

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Playing it all maxed out on PC.
Stuttering all over the place and the main menu constantly freezes. Server time outs, and it takes a lot to find a match even with NAT Open.
Its CoD 3 + MW2 IWnet all over again.

And this i just made a screen, seriously what the actual fuck?

1024x576.resizedimage

Damn, i'm glad i didn't pay for this. Thank you based Steamgifts.

Moofers

Stuttering all over the place and the main menu constantly freezes. Server time outs, and it takes a lot to find a match even with NAT Open.

1024x576.resizedimage

Reminds me of Skyrim

kilongs

Similar situation, as I plan on getting a PS4 first and the X1 possibly later down the road. Most of my friends will be playing on the 360 still, so despite the limitations, thats where I will be playing Ghosts. Ultimately, having fun playing with my friends outways the disadvantages (graphics, player cap, etc.)

1024x576.resizedimage

Yeah I got it from GMG for $38 using some credit I had and 20% code and feel like shit lol. So much lag and the menu freezing is so annoying. Won't even play atm. Can't connect or some shit lol

Adam Blue

First time playing a CoD on PS3 (because PS4 upgrade), and I'm surprised how well it feels using the DS3. Also, MP is smooth with none of that host priority crap from Blops 2. I'm not the biggest CoD fan/critic, but I enjoy blasting around with this type of FPS for a few weeks/months.

So far campaign is enjoyable. Nothing to complain about since it moves along rather quickly.

EDIT: Also, it's amazing how quick the loading and menu responsiveness is. Sooooo fast.

Fistwell

What's wrong with the fucking menus???

Also, on PC, this shit has ass cancer mouse acceleration or some stupid retarded shit like that, no? Feels fucking horrible (like MW3), while blops2 and BF3-4 feel fine...

Edit: what the fuck is smooth mouse? Off is horrible... guess I'll try on... not too optimistic about this though...;_;

Edit2: cant seem to connect to online service... could earlier... this is working out awesome...

Hurley

What's wrong with the fucking menus???

Also, on PC, this shit has ass cancer mouse acceleration or some stupid retarded shit like that, no? Feels fucking horrible (like MW3), while blops2 and BF3-4 feel fine...

Edit: what the fuck is smooth mouse? Off is horrible... guess I'll try on... not too optimistic about this though...;_;

Yeah the mouse feels off.

Anyone else noticing that the game seems to stutter a lot? Like micro stutter kind of, it's weird like i'll be playing and everything seems to "pop" in front of me, there's no like smoothness to anything. It even feels off to control compared to the previous titles.

I also wonder what the difference is between those with Windows 7 and 8, if there's any performance differences etc.

Yeah the mouse feels off.

Anyone else noticing that the game seems to stutter a lot? Like micro stutter kind of, it's weird like i'll be playing and everything seems to "pop" in front of me, there's no like smoothness to anything. It even feels off to control compared to the previous titles.

I also wonder what the difference is between those with Windows 7 and 8, if there's any performance differences etc.

Yeah the game doesn't feel very smooth even though it says I'm getting like 70fps. I'm on windows 8.1

Hurley

Is the FoV fixer safe to use at this time?

Not sure. I'm not keen to try it as of yet but I'd love to as the FOV is just horrible.

I know with MW3 the devs said it was fine to but the final word about it is up to Steam and whether they view it as hacking.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Can anyone verify if this game has HD sound for PS3? Or does it have SD sound like MW3?

Played online Extinction earlier with osme randoms, had a blast. I really like that. Not super original or anything but it does what it says on the tin. Need to get a gaf clan going, wouldn't mind playing with some peeps I can bro down with here.

Geoff9920

Played one round of domination prior to going into work today, but it looks like this game is being effected by the windows 7 / 8 mouse acceleratrion issue that seems to effect games that do not use raw mouse input. Although, I won't be able to confirm this until I try the fix myself after I get home.

@glenchivas yup, that's what I was planning on trying out myself.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It feels like I've entered bizarro world, lol. Now the maps are too big in a CoD game.

Yeah, they are. It feels like they've tried to make the game more like Battlefield and it has totally ruined the gameplay. If I wanted to play Battlefield, I would. The maps are just so big, and because of this everyone just camps which is extremely boring. It really doesn't even feel like a CoD game and I'm bored of it already TBH. Usually I play a new CoD to death but not this time. I feel like I've wasted £40 and that has never been the case before with any game in the series.

Hip Hop

The performance on PC kind of makes me get the 360 version.

Even if the frames are over 60fps, it runs like 30 fps.

The mouse jitter is insane, kind of stutters too.

Hurley

The performance on PC kind of makes me get the 360 version.

Even if the frames are over 60fps, it runs like 30 fps.

The mouse jitter is insane, kind of stutters too.

Yep, the game doesn't feel smooth at all and feels very rough, also when you see someone they sort of just "appear", like their movement isn't that smooth and tracking them when using ADS feels off.

The mouse is weird too, especially aiming.

Top Bottom