• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts |OT| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF9GBR3B0LE

Daffy Duck

FOOTSTEPS!

YAY!

I spent some squad points unlocking Amplify early, oh boy the wonderful world of sound whoring again. Putting my Astro's to good use again.

aku:jiki

Exactly. It is astounding to me that people are bitching about the maps being too big.
Clutter and size are not equatable. Seelow, for example, is the largest CoD map ever (as far as I know) and it's not cluttered at all. Very easy to see people who aren't sneaking around. Not so much in Ghosts.

The maps are off in relation to the game. WaW did big maps right. There were huge maps on there too, but they fit the gameplay well. There were also tanks as well as 9v9 in that game. This game has no excuse for 6v6 on huge ass maps and still spawning in someone's line of sight.

The spawning is an issue. The 6 v 6 is not. There should not be constant firefights every corner your turn like BO2.

Also, to above: I am having absolutely no issues seeing people. Maybe turn your brightness up? I always turn mine pretty high.

Sethos

Banned
Poor dog

ZfYEyG9.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ugh...just wasted 6 squad points on the cannister bomb. What is this supposed to be used for? You can barely throw the thing in front of you.

I thought it was going to be like the gas cannister in BLOPS. :(

Daffy Duck

high-five. so happy after blops nerfed those perks to hell.

Tell me about it, those perks in Black Ops II where useless, no point to them at all.

I don't understand why Treyach hate footsteps so much.

I think I'll unlock dead silence early, to proper beef up the whoring.

HiiiLife

You guys having any luck with a specific load out? So far the M14 with a suppressor and tracker sight (judge me) is doing pretty well. As for perk setup.. I always have to keep Off the Grid and Wiretap on. Way too many satcoms being called in.

SmokeMaxX

The spawning is an issue. The 6 v 6 is not. There should not be constant firefights every corner your turn like BO2.

Also, to above: I am having absolutely no issues seeing people. Maybe turn your brightness up? I always turn mine pretty high.

I agree, but you also shouldn't spend 30 seconds in between firefights. The few times the spawns even work properly, I'll run across the map, realize that the opponents took an alternate route -OR- they all got killed before I got there, and have to run across the map all over again. Hell, they could just improve line of sight. That way you have an idea of where the opponents are.

So I'm curious - among the actual fanbase, what's the reaction? Is there more (or less) than the typical naysaying, or has the response been actually unkind? I'm really interested to know if the diehards feel strongly one way or the other on this one.

I bought this game after reading a few pages of this thread yesterday and finding that the FOV issue can be fixed with a third party program. Today I read it's been CnD'd and that people are getting banned for it. Have I just spent 60$(Aud) on a game that will make me ill?

RedAssedApe

Banned
How is the big is the player base atm? Haven't played a cod since waw : and the $10 upgrade seems quite good

Saw between 200k-300k online tonight on XBL? This was between 11pm - 12pm on a school night. Will probably be larger once the weekend hits? Although I expect weaker numbers due to next-gen and also the somewhat lukewarm reviews this has been getting.

SmokeMaxX

I think I keep pulling host.

How many seconds remain when you join a game?

Like 20. The timer to start a match and in between rounds needs to be cut in half. CoD caters to those with ADD and 20 second delays puts off a lot of people.

Also, I hate how we can't see connection quality anymore.

All in all, it's Call of Duty. It's still pretty fun.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Anyone else think that IW needs to lower the numbers of kills required to end a match on the larger maps? I swear almost every game ends with the time limit being reached.

I also hope that IW increases the rate at which you gain squad points or lowers the points required to unlock. I am still using the same basic assault rifle and smg I started the damn game with and I'm almost level 15. Max wasn't kidding.

lol wow

FeD.nL

Am I weird for just wanting a proper WWII next gen Call of Duty? Just let me storm the beaches again. Or revisit Stalingrad etc. etc. Bring back Brecourt and Carenten for multiplayer and build you maps in that philosophy might mix it up with some of the later CoD's and just build a best of. This is probably just nostalgia talking...

RedAssedApe

Banned
Am I weird for just wanting a proper WWII next gen Call of Duty? Just let me storm the beaches again. Or revisit Stalingrad etc. etc. Bring back Brecourt and Carenten for multiplayer and build you maps in that philosophy might mix it up with some of the later CoD's and just build a best of. This is probably just nostalgia talking...

Next-gen normandy beach. After taking a few years off body is ready. What's old is new again when a leap in pretty graphics is involved. :)

TeaFan

Nope. I love WW2 history and would love a next gen game based around it. I think it has been long enough that another ww2 shooter could be popular

Animations seem janky compared to previous iterations. Maps are a mess. I hated MW3 and loved blops 2 and was really disappointed to find out how similar this was to mw3.

Like 20. The timer to start a match and in between rounds needs to be cut in half. CoD caters to those with ADD and 20 second delays puts off a lot of people.

Also, I hate how we can't see connection quality anymore.

All in all, it's Call of Duty. It's still pretty fun.

Damn mine is like 28!

Top Bottom