• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Foob said:
i just bought this game...my username is foob

i guess ill give my email to anyone who wants to pm me and playyyy

i cant find anyone in quick play :(
i've only been playing with gaffers but i never had to wait more than a minute for ranked matches so that's odd. maybe it's a region thing? no idea. pm me your email and i'll send you and invite and you can join a gaf game

centracore

AstroLad and SnakeswithLasers: good game, we should definitely do it again.. I'm up for another right now if someone wants to get it set up.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gattsu25 said:
My God, the narrator is the single best narrator I've ever heard in a game.
Also the music is awesome! (Don't think this has been mentioned yet, surprisingly.)

I sent out a couple of invites, let me know if you see them. I have this feeling switching to a new phone screwed up the internet games for me.

Okay, I figured out that you need to activate your account on the new phone. If you backed up, remove yourself on the new phone and re-enter your nickname. It gives you an option to email a new activation link.

It seems like when a game ends, it just clears off the board after the last player's turn; so if you weren't the last player, you just come into the game some time later and see the scores, but don't get to see how everything finished (with fields and houses and such). Maybe I'm wrong--I've only played 2 games through to completion, but that's how I recall it--just walking in to a final score screen. I'd like to look at the board (before the pieces were scored) and then click something to watch the scores get added up.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SnakeswithLasers said:
Apple GAF has finally struck.
I'm emailing Steve Jobs right now.

Seems to be working again though whew.

I'll say it again: God Damn you, Astro.
Did I just win another game by a point? :lol I saw a game end but couldn't tell if it was the same one as the one that ended a couple days ago, and then the game went all wonky.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
would anyone be up for a league table of this? way it would work would basically be that we get 6-8 people, and each person plays each other person twice in "league" matches and posts the scores here and i keep track of the results and scores and post standings.

nothing real serious but could be a fun way to add some drama to the matches and have some stat-tracking and the like beyond ELO. also 2p matches are pretty awesome, and quick

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Just made my online account, would love to play some online games.

Username: K2Valor

ant_

Playing a game with AstroLad. Would love to play some more games, shoot me a PM for emails.

BTW, can you play more than one game at a time? It doesn't seem like I can leave the game I'm in (it's not ranked)

Leave, meaning to play single player or something

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
K2Valor said:
Playing a game with AstroLad. Would love to play some more games, shoot me a PM for emails.

BTW, can you play more than one game at a time? It doesn't seem like I can leave the game I'm in (it's not ranked)

Leave, meaning to play single player or something
Yes, you just hit pause game (in the little gear menu) and it takes you back to your ongoing games screen across all games. You can also play with up to 5 players. I have I think 7 or 8 games going right now.

ant_

AstroLad said:
Yes, you just hit pause game and it takes you back to your ongoing games screen across all games. You can also play with up to 5 players. I have I think 7 or 8 games going right now.
Cool, next time you start a larger game invite me if there's room :D

EktorPR

Username is EktorOni. Played my first game today and didn't quite understand the points system fully...I guess I will with time. Lovely app. :D

DukeSucks

yes, finally won my first GAF game! Although I'm still not 100% sure on endgame scoring (especially fields). I thought I was about to get blown out and end up winning by 7 I think.

Keep sending invites, I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't think I played in that one; I thought I was in on every GAF game :lol (have like 8 going right now).

Just started one but once we get a new person I'll create another one and inv you.

DukeSucks

I just figured out if their name is dimmed, they are offline and if it's bright, they are on. Helps make the the game go faster, if I see my opponent is online, I stay too if I can to knock out several turns in a row.

Astro, what does Inns and Cathedrals do?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's an expansion that has road pieces (inns) where if that's a part of your road and you complete it you get two points per road piece, but you get zero if you don't complete it. Also has cathedral pieces, which is a full city space that if you complete it you get 3 per city piece and 3 per shield but 0 if you don't. Also has some new land pieces and a big follower that is like a regular follower but counts as two followers for tiebreakers in shared roads, fields, and cities.

ant_

DukeSucks said:
yes, finally won my first GAF game! Although I'm still not 100% sure on endgame scoring (especially fields). I thought I was about to get blown out and end up winning by 7 I think.

Keep sending invites, I'm having a lot of fun with this game.
Fields have saved me so many times. Plan ahead :lol :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey JP I think SWL is having the same problem you had -- he can't see the 5P game that it's currently his turn in. How did you fix it exactly?

AstroLad said:
Hey JP I think SWL is having the same problem you had -- he can't see the 5P game that it's currently his turn in. How did you fix it exactly?
Under Internet games, tap your name and select "remove from device". Then reenter your name and it'll give you an option to send another email verification link on the new phone.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i bought the big box 2 and we've been having tons of fun playing base + traders & builders + inns & cathedrals. so damn fun and they balance the game so well. fingers crossed again that we get these some time in the near future

AstroLad said:
i bought the big box 2 and we've been having tons of fun playing base + traders & builders + inns & cathedrals. so damn fun and they balance the game so well. fingers crossed again that we get these some time in the near future
Yeah I bought Big Box but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I hope they start adding expansions as soon as they can. And hopefully options to customize them as you could irl.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I've been trying to spread the invites around, and especially to people who ask for them, but if I've missed you recently and you want to play a 3-5er just let me know. Always up for a 2p game too but most people seem to prefer the larger affairs.

Obviously let me know if you don't want invites too. :p

I'm Darkflight - PM for email obviously - with this being asynchronous I'm always up for a game though I am in the UK which may not be the best if you want a quick game :lol

I'll PM everyone in the OP my email when I grab another break from work in an hour or so.

LugNut74

I'm not all that great at this game but luv playing it.

Username is: Brian

Feel free to add me to gaf list. PM for email.

DukeSucks

posting this in the thread in case I forget once my current game ends, or if it happens to anyone else.

Darkflight figured out that typing /unstuck in the chat box fixes the game if it gets stuck on one person and they can't go.

P.S. Keep sending invites, love this game!

Slacker

My greatest triumph :D

dcdpF.jpg

PM if anyone else wants to play. I think I've got almost everyone in this thread on my list at this point.

Top Bottom