• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Dre3001

I get that the BCS had its share of critics and had to be replaced but why are they changing the trophy??

The crystal trophy design IMO is one of the best in all sports, maybe second only to the Stanley cup.

I hope they don't replace it with some generic looking design.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Tre Mason feels responsible for letting Auburn fans down. Lol, that dude played better than anybody else on the field.

Meier

This picture. LMAO. I love Red Lightning.

CNsOLng.jpg

cdyhybrid

We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25!

We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25! We're #25!

NDSU finished #29. Not bad for an FCS program, and that is by no means an overestimation of their team

Kevtones

Beneath all the stuff tonight Ike (surefire 1st-round DB) decided to stay at Oregon. Terrence Mitchell (4th round flyer?) and DAT (who knows) both left. Maybe they re-think?

Ike said he 'wanted to do more'. HUGE for Oregon. Everyone thought it was a done deal he was gone. It MADE SENSE. Anyway, cool stuff.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu decided to stay at Oregon saying he wants to improve as a player and also wants to finish his degree. "Football is only one phase of who I am; my degree will be forever," he said.

I found this thread way too late. I am ashamed. So pumped from watching the game I can't sleep right now. Jealous of my friends who attended the game.

Coaches poll can fuck off. Still a couple spots underrated. OSU should not be ahead of us either.

AP seems to have gotten it right. Top 10 baby!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
We didn't move at all following the A&M loss, but I actually believe we're a top 25 team. Can't complain that we finished the season ranked in both polls.

Now....how to not become Wake Forest 2.0. Haven't figured that one out yet.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Tech finished 30th in both polls; Good for 4th out of Big XII teams in each of them. Not too bad, all things considered.

jjasper

Wait we had a win over a team that finished in the top 5? This could have actually been a decent year if it wasn't for those damn SEC replay officials.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My team's next game is against Alabama. Super!

hey, you'll get to show us who our QB will be, and how he'll do on his 1st start!

@Stephen_Gunter: Event staff asked Rhett Lashlee to step of the field... He leaned over and said "I'm a coach"

AU's "OC"

I am so, so happy that they lost the game in the last :13 seconds.

Yeah, the only thing FSU could have done better, was score with 1 second left.

and then have Winston Rapeslap Malzahn during the coaches handshake.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I am so, so happy that they lost the game in the last :13 seconds.

I'm just happy that an SEC team ended up making the championship so the title streak could actually be settled on the field, win or lose. Regardless of the outcome of a game that pitted, say, FSU against Ohio State against each other, for the rest of recordable history you'd have SEC fans saying they would have won a title this season but they got screwed by pollsters/their own conference's WEEK IN WEEK OUT strength.

Lonestar

And we get to put it all on a fluky bullshit team like Auburn. Win Win!

Still, try winning 7 years in a row. Please try.

andycapps

Yeah, the only thing FSU could have done better, was score with 1 second left.

and then have Winston Rapeslap Malzahn during the coaches handshake.

You know that as soon as the Auburn coaches heard about what Winston did they probably wished they'd signed him.

So on another note, just found out my wife is pregnant with our second child. Totally unexpected but I'm cool with it.

Lonestar

You know that as soon as the Auburn coaches heard about what Winston did they probably wished they'd signed him.

So on another note, just found out my wife is pregnant with our second child. Totally unexpected but I'm cool with it.

It would have happened. In 2 years time, Wintston would be on campus.

Congrats, you've got another dependentChild! woof woof.

Was the 1st born in Ohio? Maybe time to plan on a month vacation in Georgia in 9 months. No one deserves to be born in Ohio.

andycapps

Was the 1st born in Ohio? Maybe time to plan on a month vacation in Georgia in 9 months. No one deserves to be born in Ohio.

First was born here unfortunately. Oh and we're further along than that, she's due around end of July. Will find out exact date in 3 weeks.

SEC! SEC!

SEC speed baby. That's what my wife will be hoping for when the date comes anyway.

You shut your whore mouth!

First was born here unfortunately. Oh and we're further along than that, she's due around end of July. Will find out exact date in 3 weeks.

O it could share my bday!

Schmitty

Wish I could have participated in the thread last night, but I had just as much fun reading it this morning. What an incredible game. Only fitting for Auburn to lose in the last remaining seconds.

Lonestar

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2014/1/7/5239018/random-thoughts-from-around-the-country-turn-the-page
Nice wrap up to the season and BCS.

bcs-national-championship-0b986d373708437d__1_.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Since it's fun to post pictures of children crying over football games.

SEC 2014 Quarterback situation
fA1JudW.jpg

Gonna be crazy

Stuff on potential rule changes, but mostly on refining the targeting, with hope that if the player isn't ejected because he didn't target, that the penalty is also not enforced. Nothing has happened yet on this, though.

1998 Tennessee
1999 Florida State
2000 Oklahoma
2001 Miami (FL)
2002 Ohio State
2003 LSU
2004 USC (Vacated)
2005 Texas
2006 Florida
2007 LSU
2008 Florida
2009 Alabama
2010 Auburn
2011 Alabama
2012 Alabama
2013 Florida State

SEC (9-2): Alabama (3), Florida (2), LSU (2), Auburn, Tennessee
Big 12 (2-5): Oklahoma, Texas
ACC (2-2): Florida State
Big East (1-2): Miami (FL)
Big Ten (1-2): Ohio State
Pac-12 (1-2): Southern Cal
Independent (0-1): none

Wee, no one will win more BCS titles than us.

Meier

Friend of mine from school watched the game in Tokyo (Shibuya) with some other FSU alums. How cool. Apparently it was a bit delayed though so I guess that'd take some of the fun out of it but I loved seeing this pic.

Top Bottom