• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christopher Nolan to direct WWII film "Dunkirk", shot in IMAX 65mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTM

A little more about the teaser apparently:

From Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, and Interstellar

At the point of crisis
At the point of annihilation
Survival is victory

DUNKIRK

Summer 2017

I don't understand how people look forward to Nolan's movies while shit on Inception/Interstellar. Interstellar is AWFUL? fuck outta here!!

I don't understand how people look forward to Nolan's movies while shit on Inception/Interstellar. Interstellar is AWFUL? fuck outta here!!
Wasn't a huge fan of the ending, but damn if Interstellar wasn't a gorgeous film. I really enjoyed the exploration bits and the planets they set down on, too.

Inception is just... Amazing through and through.

Adored Interstellar and Inception. Got to see a real 70mm IMAX theater for Interstellar and it was an incredible experience.

Will see this movie in IMAX, there is no equal!

A little more about the teaser apparently:

From Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, and Interstellar

At the point of crisis
At the point of annihilation
Survival is victory

DUNKIRK

Summer 2017

Yeah that's my kinda hook. I'm in.

It's fine to like the director and not like all his movies. I think inception and interstellar have their problems (I like interstellar more tho) but still Nolan movies are always an event for me now. He's one of the only blockbuster directors right now doing very exciting original work.

Wasn't a huge fan of the ending, but damn if Interstellar wasn't a gorgeous film. I really enjoyed the exploration bits and the planets they set down on, too.

Inception is just... Amazing through and through.

Me too. And that's ok. But seriously, amazing cinematography, great acting, easily Hans Zimmer's best work for a soundtrack, etc. That docking scene is legendary.

Dabanton

Inception is exposition the movie. Too much explaining what should be shown. The film fell apart for me on a second viewing.

Shame as the world of logical dreams could and should have been more interesting.

Where is the potato phone leak of the teaser? Feels wrong possibly seeing it in theaters tomorrow without seeing it in 140p from a mile away first.

Tugatrix

my-dogs-are-hungry-o.gif

"My dogs are hungry"

give me the teaser now

Inception is exposition the movie. Too much explaining what should be shown. The film fell apart for me on a second viewing.

Shame as the world of logical dreams could and should have been more interesting.

I never get this argument. People always claim it should have been more "show not tell" yet those same people are also the ones confused when it tries that. Same with Interstellar with the same people complaining about the dumbed down explanation of wormholes and gravity complaining about shit they should have inferred. It's always hard to take the complaints of them being exposition heavy too seriously when they simultaneously confuse a ton of people still

JB1981

Why is it a shame? The targets in the movie have been trained against dream thiefs. The movie stresses that they can't make the dream too crazy or it will tip off the dreamer that he/she has been invaded. The movie establishes its rules quite clearly.

DMczaf

More info

Eren - CabooseXBL ‏@Caboose_XBL 6m6 minutes ago

#Dunkirk teaser: AMAZINGLY composed shots built around these soldiers. Final shot is a boat full of soldiers reacting to a plane crashing.
22 retweets 32 likes
Eren - CabooseXBL ‏@Caboose_XBL 5m5 minutes ago

It's really nothing in terms of footage, but EVERYTHING. Intense, gritty and real heavy. That's what I felt at least. #Dunkirk

DMczaf

I didn't know how crazed One Direction fangirls were until I did a Twitter search for "Dunkirk trailer"

Nolan knew exactly what he was doing when he hired that dude....

I didn't know how crazed One Direction fangirls were until I did a Twitter search for "Dunkirk trailer"

Few years back I almost got trampled by a herd of them when One Direction happened to head into the same building. The horror.

Simo

Thankfully I'm not too familiar with One Direction other than seeing them mentioned a lot and I haven't heard a song of theirs, unless I've unwittingly done so on the radio and just don't realize it's them? lol

Batman Begins and Interstellar are the best ones for me, more so for the latter.

I guess Warner Bros. France has commented on social media that the trailer is coming soon, meaning everyone is guessing from tomorrow till Friday, to avoid bootlegs being uploaded.

BTM

Imagine watching in a theater and when the one direction dude first shows up on screen the fans who only came to see him just start screaming uncontrollably.

jerry113

Banned

wow you're right that's one way to take care of a whole demographic ticker.

Simo

And funny enough, both have monologues written specifically and only for a teaser trailer.

Heh never really but two and two together like that. lol I forgot about the still image flashes of the suit at the end.

It's not Nolan but being a war film and scored by Hans Zimmer that used music from his previous work, this Pearl Harbor teaser was always a favorite of mine mainly due to the music and seeing it on the big screen before X-Men in 2000 blew me away. Shame the film was shite. lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqv9-_TqTUk

I think a year or so after I caught The Thin Red Line and discovered where the music came from.

Dominator

Imagine watching in a theater and when the one direction dude first shows up on screen the fans who only came to see him just start screaming uncontrollably.

This WILL happen. Guaranteed.

Just looked on Twitter as well and damn, every post about the trailer is about how Styles is NOT in it and people are disappointed lol

DMczaf

Heh never really but two and two together like that. lol I forgot about the still image flashes of the suit at the end.

It's not Nolan but being a war film and scored by Hans Zimmer that used music from his previous work, this Pearl Harbor teaser was always a favorite of mine mainly due to the music and seeing it on the big screen before X-Men in 2000 blew me away. Shame the film was shite. lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqv9-_TqTUk

I think a year or so after I caught The Thin Red Line and discovered where the music came from.

I never realized how much the Man of Steel Comic Con trailer was cut like the Pearl Harbor trailer lol

DMczaf

The fact that WB has not produced an Inception sequel or milked the TDK Trilogy in any way (video games, sequel, etc) should tell you how scared they are of pushing him away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom