• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloverfield Hype & Movie Thread *Spoilers Ahoy!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all this lobster talk is misguided as what we are really dealing with is actually....

CRAAAAAAAAAAB PEOPLE
LOOK LIKE CRAB, TALK LIKE PEOPLE

BigJonsson said:
I think all this lobster talk is misguided as what we are really dealing with is actually....

CRAAAAAAAAAAB PEOPLE
LOOK LIKE CRAB, TALK LIKE PEOPLE

DO YOU SEE THE MONSTER DOING A CRAB DANCE? DO YOU SEE A ROUND BODY?

IT IS A LOBSTER. I FIGURED IT OUT. I AM THE AWESOMEST. DONT TAKE THAT AWAY FROME ME HOMEBOY.

sorry if it's already been posted, but a short clip of the 'creature' in slow motion:

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/serversphere/?action=view&current=monster.flv

and just for some laughs:

7x98b9i.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
Dead said:
Legs look like the American Godzilla
True...but it looks to have more mass than the American Godzilla. This looks more like a wrecking ball rather than the slender design of 'Zilla.

keiichi said:
It's actually two guys in hazmat suits helping(?) someone.

THATS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK.

TheJollyCorner said:
looks like it's torso is much longer in relation to it's legs.

Lobster, confirmed? :D

I'm telling you, I think Brian's right about it being a Lobster.

Edit: P.S. This ties into Heroes. A hero will be born from the ashes of another when the best sings its song of death.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
SteveMeister said:
I don't think it was the hype that ruined that movie, I think it was the director, producers, and writers who ruined it.

Correct, but the backlash wouldn't have been nearly as bad. Cloverfield is riding on the same kind of mystery hype so far. It's not as though Abrams is actually directing this one.

I think the film has the potential to be really disturbing- and I do appreciate the fact that it's being filmed realistically.

I've started to get really hyped by it now. It better not pull any Roland Emmerich shit... :D

JdFoX187

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
I think the film has the potential to be really disturbing- and I do appreciate the fact that it's being filmed realistically.

I've started to get really hyped by it now. It better not pull any Roland Emmerich shit... :D
Roland Emmerich gave us ID4...RESPECT!

I wonder what this is going to be rated by the MPAA. I could care less either way, I'm just curious.

i've seen id4 about 50 times (no exaggeration). my grandmother left a box of tapes in our house one day about 10 years ago and id4 was in it. i watched it at least once every two days. i know each line off by heart, every scene, every action.

i hate that fucking movie.

ant1532

Banned
Buttonbasher said:
I want this.

http://dougbot.com/forum/slushoRar.jpg

I wish it wasn't fanart, because that thing would be bad ass.
One part of me likes it and reminds me of Sin from FF10 but then I think it looks like US Godzilla too much and is way too big.(But damn, a big ass monster like that is pretty damn badass but I can only see them coming up with lame ways of killing it for the movie.)

TheJollyCorner said:
hmmm... are people getting sick?

6to3h8o.jpg

a creature that destroys buildings AND makes people sick? The potential is delicious... :D

The monster infects you and then a zoidberg pops out. Like the movie slither.

Good thing someone bumped this. I didn't feel like searching for it:

8g9e9lh.gif

A gif of the monster in the trailer, you can really see it's features better over the static image.

teiresias

fistfulofmetal said:

8g9e9lh.gif

A gif of the monster in the trailer, you can really see it's features better over the static image.

Looks almost like it's the classic Gieger Alien.

Chiggs

Gold Member
EBCubs03 said:
This looks really gimmicky and unimpressive. Color me troll.

Wait until you see the preview for The Poughkeepsie Tapes. Talk about gimmicky and unimpressive.

Olivier

fistfulofmetal said:

8g9e9lh.gif

How disappointing. Of course you can't see much but it does look like your ordinary Godzilla-like mega-monster. I really thought JJ could come up with something really new and revolutionize the monster flick genre. :/

Olivier said:
How disappointing. Of course you can't see much but it does look like your ordinary Godzilla-like mega-monster. I really thought JJ could come up with something really new and revolutionize the monster flick genre. :/

holy shit please tell me you didn't just judge the movie and it's main attraction on a 1 second .gif. please tell me you're not that stupid. please.

Olivier

TemplaerDude said:
holy shit please tell me you didn't just judge the movie and it's main attraction on a 1 second .gif. please tell me you're not that stupid. please.

:lol :lol

No, not at all. In fact I'll probably be there day one.

But so far I find the monster to be disappointing. I was expecting something new and surprising, such as Lost's smoke thingy.

Otherwise the movie looks interesting, especially the perspective from which the story is told (shakeycam pseudo-documentary a la Blair Witch).

dark_chris

Olivier said:
:lol :lol

No, not at all. In fact I'll probably be there day one.

But so far I find the monster disappointing. I was expecting something new and surprising, such as Lost's smoke thingy.

Otherwise the movie looks interesting, especially the perspective from which the story is told (shakeycam pseudo-documentary a la Blair Witch).

This IS new. lol. I haven't seen a monster that shaped before. :p
Wait till the movie comes out before we all make our judgements on the monster AND what it can do.

Olivier

dark_chris said:
This IS new. lol. I haven't seen a monster that shaped before. :p
Wait till the movie comes out before we all make our judgements on the monster AND what it can do.

I seriously thought the monster would be something completely unexpected and make me go "what the fuck is that?" just like the first time I've seen the smoke cloud in Lost. I'm not giving up on this monster, but it does look more "traditional" than I wished. That's just my tastes though.

Tr4nce

Well, it's not a lobster as some people here thought. Or was that sarcasm, damn the internet.

Anyway, you can see it has two lion like legs.

Curious to see what the monster looks like in full...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom