• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloverfield Hype & Movie Thread *Spoilers Ahoy!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freakin' awesome!!

Man O' man though I'm pretty sensitive to motion sickness, don't know how long I can last with this film's cinematography for a feature length though.

ant1532 said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. THIS MOVIE LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING. That clip... DAMN!

You sound like me when I saw the other clip (basically, as shorter version of the one that was just posted) in the previews before Transformers. My friends and I were just "holy shit holy shit that looks awesome," and the feeling is incredible inside of a full theater with the sound booming and the big screen.

ckohler

That was fantastic. I love this type of movie, where you (the audience member) are just an innocent bystander of some huge event, seeing things from the sidelines and watching the story unfold. It makes it so engaging and believable. This takes it to a new level with the whole "recovered from camcorder footage" aspect.

ant1532

Banned
ckohler said:
That was fantastic. I love this type of movie, where you (the audience member) are just an innocent bystander of some huge event, seeing things from the sidelines and watching the story unfold. It makes it so engaging and believable. This takes it to a new level with the whole "recovered from camcorder footage" aspect.
Feel the same way man, that's why I loved movies like War of the Worlds and Children of Men. I love the whole camcorder footage thing to, it really makes you feel like you were there. I've had so many dreams like this too lol (running away from monsters with friends in the city) so it's great to almost get to live it. (Seriously? Successfully running away from a monster in Manhattan? That would be an awesome day.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
They should sell dramamine at the concession stand for this.

Looks great. The empire state building falling, and the debris cloud, wow.

DieH@rd

Banned
Damn this footage, i cant stream it with my crappy 256kbit connection. And there is no buffer option, only stream.

Me needs YouTube, or download link.

Wes

venison crêpe
Even though that clip is just an extention of the trailer my demand for this film just multiplied by a thousand. I can't ****ing wait!

JdFoX187

Banned
Fucking awesome clip. I can't wait to see this movie. J.J. Abrams is a god of suspense and atmosphere.

And when is Count Dookkake unbanned? He needs to get in here with spoilers.

steve

Banned
There is an HD Cloverfield trailer on PSN today btw, I haven't downloaded it yet, but it's next in line after the Burnout demo. I hope it's the new trailer. :D

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Looks good, but it's like the camera man doesn't exist, and NO ONE IS SWEARING DAMNIT!!!

Futureman

Something irks me about this. The reactions of the people just feel off to me. The dialogue is kinda dumb. "Maybe you shoulda left town earlier!! LOL!" It totally felt like a set when they ran out onto the street.

Seems like a really cool concept, I'm just not digging the execution. Seems like something someone really capable at effects and action (Spielberg) could really hit out of the park, but from someone who's only directed TV shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom