• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 5| Games resume this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

Kiffin gone already? Shit I thought for sure they would have let him play out the year. Given history I am sure he gets the Texas job.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Also it looks like USC saw Penn State get out from under some sanctions and decided to do the same.

DNkQ3FD.png

ag-my001

Didn't watch the 2nd half of the A&M game, but it sounds like our D was still pathetic. I don't know if it's poor scheming by Snyder or terrible execution by the players, but this is going to screw us over. Probably against LSU, but Ole Miss would also be a likely team to beat us despite their showing against Bama.

Also, grats to ttk, buemax, and all the other SC fans now free of Kiffin's tyranny.

squicken

Didn't watch the 2nd half of the A&M game, but it sounds like our D was still pathetic. I don't know if it's poor scheming by Snyder or terrible execution by the players, but this is going to screw us over. Probably against LSU, but Ole Miss would also be a likely team to beat us despite their showing against Bama.

Also, grats to ttk, buemax, and all the other SC fans now free of Kiffin's tyranny.

ill timed and obvious blitzes that got exploited. Also, about 20 blown tackles b/c the defense goes for the big hit shoulder tackles instead of wrapping up. Run game was dominant, though. Good sign for closing games

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Your Defense is fucking awful.

It honestly felt like if your offense had ever failed to score on a given possession that Arky would win the game. They came up with some INTs, but those were primarily really stupid throws by a bad QB.

Luckily for A&M the offense is stellar. If it ever falters it could get ugly fast for y'all.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They should get James Franklin. Although he seems like a ticking time bomb before he has some off the field issue.

Dude has Vandy winning. Vandy. He has to be a pretty good coach, and it would be interesting to see what he could do at a school with the potential to draw more, better talent like USC.

Draxal

Dude has Vandy winning. Vandy. He has to be a pretty good coach, and it would be interesting to see what he could do at a school with the potential to draw more, better talent like USC.

Don't see it happening, the rape thing is going to make it very very hard for him to get hired right now, until the dust settles down.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Don't see it happening, the rape thing is going to make it very very hard for him to get hired right now, until the dust settles down.

I don't think it would happen regardless of that, after Kiffin I think USC will want to go with someone more "proven."

I agree with the Petrino mention, he's a proven coach that would probably like to get away from WKU in favor of a school that will pay better. He comes with some baggage, but I think it's mostly blown over now.

Draxal

HEARING RUMORS IT WILL BE SCHIANO.

DID YOU KNOW THAT HE PERFORMED A MIRACLE TURNING RUTGERS AROUND?!?!?!!

He's going to UConn.

I don't think it would happen regardless of that, after Kiffin I think USC will want to go with someone more "proven."

I agree with the Petrino mention, he's a proven coach that would probably like to get away from WKU in favor of a school that will pay better. He comes with some baggage, but I think it's mostly blown over now.

I think USC is going to go hard after Petersen, Fitzgerald from Northwestern supposedly an interesting dark horse.

Westonian

Associated Press Top 25
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. Stanford
6. Georgia
7. Louisville
8. Florida State
9. Texas A&M
10. LSU
11. Oklahoma
12. UCLA
13. South Carolina
14. Miami (Fla.)
15. Washington
16. Northwestern
17. Baylor
18. Florida
19. Michigan
20. Texas Tech
21. Oklahoma State
22. Arizona State
23. Fresno State
24. Ole Miss
25. Maryland

Others Receiving Votes: Northern Illinois (4-0) 104; Virginia Tech (4-1) 49; Wisconsin (3-2) 46; Nebraska (3-1) 20; Missouri (4-0) 14; Notre Dame (3-2) 12; UCF (3-1) 6; Michigan State (3-1) 5; Rutgers (3-1) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom