• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

The Justice League #22 spoilers are LOL-worthy. No leaks yet, but people are claiming to have read it and... yeah. F*cking LOL.

i'm relieved i didn't pre-order the book from dcbs, but if it ends up being great i might buy it on comixology. :O But those spoilers....only thing worse would be
someone temporarily switching bodies with superman

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Guileless definitely has a type

I've had pull lists before, but I had an epiphany one day and now I just buy whatever covers I like each week like I did when I was 12. I don't care about jumping on points or arcs. Not for everyone, but it works for me.

I'm sure Dan is just being a paragon of honesty here.

qB0rh52.png

Blader

"what are you referring to?"

lol, Jesus. Twitter is not the platform to properly answer that question.

Yes planned from the start, people do four issues and then quit a new book all the time.

I'm sure DiDio had it been planned from the start

I almost forgot to make a list this week. Probably because I can't make it to the shop tomorrow, and won't until Pacific Rim Day.

Marvel Comics
Daredevil #28
Hawkeye #12
Indestructible Hulk #10
Young Avengers #7

Yay, light week means I can buy tickets to more showings, guilt-free! :D

I almost forgot to make a list this week. Probably because I can't make it to the shop tomorrow, and won't until Pacific Rim Day.

Pacific Rim for you too, huh? I'm probably going to catch it Thursday night. Can't decide between regular or IMAX, though. I haven't been to see an IMAX movie in ages and have no idea whether or not the glasses they use still make everything super-dark.

Dysun

list

Batman 22
Justice League 22
Superman Unchained 2

Hawkeye 12
Indestructible Hulk 10
Superior Spider-Man 13
Uncanny X-Men 8

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So everyone is jumping on Avengers Arena now? It's a good time to. Shit is going down next issue.

Owzers

Aquaman #21 was enjoyable but i don't think i'd miss the book if i dropped it. I've never really liked this book, the opening Trench arc didn't really do much with the villains Johns brought in, The Others was interesting but serious Aquaman was hard to root for, the JL crossover was dumb but decent fun, and now we're at the forth or so arc and a book i never was fully on board with seems to have lost me despite this arc being the most interesting yet.
Mera is back with her people under the birmuda triangle in which the new villain followed her, who likes to tell people how important he is. Aquaman followed mera there, his brother is in prison, and now subs are out to get an unguarded atlantis. My chief complaint: Not much has been built up or dictated being important. Villain's a dude, Aquabrother Arn doesn't really have any interesting interaction while he's in prison outside of one panel where he watches water pour out of the sink....there's not much actually going on in this story full of things that are supposed to be going on.

Heard good things, but never read them myself. I can't imagine they'd be anything but reader's digest versions (albeit very pretty ones) of the novels. Though once you get into Speaker of the Dead and Xenocide, the books started sucking balls anyhow.

The comics are fine. I enjoyed them. And I should say that while I enjoyed most of the core four books, I can understand those who didn't like Xenocide or Children of the Mind as much; Speaker for the Dead, however, is great. One should read it and Ender's Game, at the very least.

Acid08

Banned
The comics are fine. I enjoyed them. And I should say that while I enjoyed most of the core four books, I can understand those who didn't like Xenocide or Children of the Mind as much; Speaker for the Dead, however, is great. One should read it and Ender's Game, at the very least.
I think Ender's Shadow is pretty much essential too.

I think Ender's Shadow is pretty much essential too.

I could see the case being made for that, yeah.

For awhile they really seemed to be pushing the comics too. I think at some point they even did a spin off series based on one of the Formic invasions (Burning Earth or something?) Then they just stopped. Not sure if it was because of sales or they just were done.

tim1138

Just read Justice League (thank you comixology for updating at midnight) and the spoilers/speculation about
Superman's
role in sparking the Trinity War were correct, however there is clearly more going on than what appears to be (we're even told as much on the last page). There is actually quite a bit that happens in this issue, including what likely draws JLD into the fray. I'm looking forward to reading all of your impressions, but I really enjoyed it. Really looking forward to JLA next week.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Holy crap. Ok. I knew there was a lot of Renee stuff from looking at Wikipedia. If I get this lot then I don't need 52? 'Cause I was really only interested in that because I read on this thread that it continues the story from Gotham Central.

52 is the next chapter of her story after Gotham Central, it picks up right from the end and follows her as she becomes the question (as well as 5 or 6 other plotlines, but it's a good series honest). Then the Crime Bible 5 Books of Blood is next, that's a 52 Aftermath book and tidies up some of the stuff left over. There was a Montoya-Question backup in Rucka's Batwoman run, and then she pops up again both in Final Crisis and the FC: Revelations mini.

It sounds like a lot of stuff, and it kinda is, but I remember enjoying it all as it was coming out. There was also a miniseries called Huntress: Cry for Blood that has Hunty and the old Question, but I can't remember if renee was init or not, but it's a good book in the Rucka-verse.

Also, have you read No Man's Land? If you're a Renee completest you might enjoy it, it's the first place Rucka starts to use her, and it sets up Two-Face's obsession with her that is picked up later in GC.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Daredevil and Hawkeye both great this week, Avengers Arena and Superior Spider-Man next! Love it when all my favourite books come at once. Although my wallet doesn't. It does make waiting another month for the next issues harder but it's so good when that week rolls around and you have all these great stories to read.

Edit: And Avengers Arena is awesome too. Great little twist there!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
God why is Bacchalo back on Uncanny.

I had forgotten how far he'd fallen. JPEG compression to fucko backgrounds ganked from who knows where, actual fucking usage of stock lens flare photoshop effects, cannot even be bothered to colour in eye whites. Just.... please Marvel, tell this man he is not allowed to color his own book. I think you can fucking spring for a colorist.

Suprised to see vol 2 of Hawkeye released this week along wih 12. Now im all caught up.

Why is DC the worst when it comes to trades?

ElNarez

Banned
God why is Bacchalo back on Uncanny.

Really ? Because I feel like his color and design work really managed to push the pathos of the issue that bit further. Mutant propaganda by way of teenage drama, which is exactly what I want from this incarnation of Uncanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom