• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had problems with comixology where a comic gets stuck downloading won't finish? Closing the app, rebooting, and pausing/restarting do nothing. :\

Has anyone had problems with comixology where a comic gets stuck downloading won't finish? Closing the app, rebooting, and pausing/restarting do nothing. :\

Wow, never had that. Have you tried deleting the download and then redownloading it?

The comixology app has always been finicky to me, so I typically restart it and re-open it when I know I'm going to be buying/downloading stuff.

Owzers

I wanna read that but I don't wanna read it. Damn it. I love that series.

they weren't kidding with the spoilers warning Xo. i'm tempted to pre-order Batman and Frankenstein in may, but i'm worried that will lead me to Batman Eternal teasers and not a good book by itself.

Wow, never had that. Have you tried deleting the download and then redownloading it?

The comixology app has always been finicky to me, so I typically restart it and re-open it when I know I'm going to be buying/downloading stuff.

How do you delete it? I'm using the windows 8 app and I can't figure out how to delete it.

JEKKI

I read thru the first trade of Queen & Country.

it was just okay. Does it get super better later?

coz I'm not so compelled to go out and grab the next one...

in other news, my weekend plan is to read thru the first arc of Gotham City Sirens!

Oh sorry man, I have it on my ipad and (stupidely) assumed you did too! On the download page there is an X to the right of the progress bar that removes it from the download queue on the ipad app.

Ah, on windows 8 there's just a start/pause button and nothing else. :/ Their app seems really wonky on windows 8.

Messi

I read thru the first trade of Queen & Country.

it was just okay. Does it get super better later?

coz I'm not so compelled to go out and grab the next one...

in other news, my weekend plan is to read thru the first arc of Gotham City Sirens!

Your weekend will be awesome

Has anyone had problems with comixology where a comic gets stuck downloading won't finish? Closing the app, rebooting, and pausing/restarting do nothing. :
I'm on android and it sometimes happens to me. Normally I just have to turn it off and on again but the last time I had to uninstall the whole app before it worked again.

Messi

I'm on android and it sometimes happens to me. Normally I just have to turn it off and on again but the last time I had to uninstall the whole app before it worked again.

tumblr_lz95wxw3Gb1qmfoslo1_400.gif

Uninstalling fixed it and then it broke again and it deletes all you downloaded when uninstalling. :/

Restarting my computer doesn't do anything.

tim1138

Read Avengers Endless Wartime tonight and was fairly disappointed, especially considering it's by Ellis. It was a fairly lackluster story that sounded more interesting than it really was, and Rafa was right, McKone's art was hit or miss and the coloring did it absolutely no favors at all. I'm glad it was a library book and not a purchase.

This damn Ultimate Spider-Man #200 Preview has me hyped up probably over nothing.

The only thing that would get me to buy a USM issue again is if they brought back Peter Parker.

Maybe the new series of Miles Morales: USM means there could be a Peter Parker: USM.

I'm probably being too hopeful. :(

EDIT: Marvel is offering some free stuff Nova #1, New Warriors #1, All-New X-Men #1 and Ms. Marvel #1

Also free Daredevil: Road Warrior #1 if you enter the promotional code DDROAD at checkout.

Boogiepop

Man, I started watching through early Simpsons a bit back, and I just got to the episode where Bart, Milhouse, and Martin buy Radioactive Man No 1 for $100. Just thought how crazy low that seemed, considering it's the big comic in Simpsons. Got me thinking, though: how much do big "first appearance" issues go for nowadays, anyway?

frye

But for one reason or another, be it laziness, incompetence or otherwise, most fights in comics today are kinda whatever. You see them and don't really think about them and then they are forgotten about. There's a craft to the fight scene.

A lot of it I feel comes down to the fact that most artists can't carry fights by themselves when they work with a writer. Some can -- Kirby, Quitely, Aja, and Darrow are guys who could make anything looks good but they're all straight up masters.

On the other hand, look at JRJR (who's someone I like a ton). He can draw great fights, but it's not until you pair him up with, y'know, Miller on Daredevil, Millar on Wolverine, and Remender on Captain America to some extent that you can really see that.

Cheska

Guys I'm so behind on my comics from the last two weeks :( At least I had a chance to read Action Comics and Batman/Superman annual, which my opinions mirror everyone else's, they rocked!

zeeaykay

Has anyone read Strangers in Paradise? It seems totally up my alley; I love a focus on relationships and my favorite comic or graphic novel us Blankets. Want to get the official comicsgaf perspective before I dive in.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah I've had that before, I had to email support to get it sorted out. They got back to me really quickly and were great. Of course, that wasn't the week after they had a massive data leak so they might not be as fast right now!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Guys I'm so behind on my comics from the last two weeks :( At least I had a chance to read Action Comics and Batman/Superman annual, which my opinions mirror everyone else's, they rocked!

Oh yeah, that was REALLY good, Aaron Kuder is amazing I hope he stays around for a good long while.

Aquaman #28: Aquaman's High School reunion. What a great dumb idea. I love the little touches like Mera seeking out and chatting with the girl Arthur dated in High School.

Teen Titans #28: Lolwut.

Superboy throws some guys into the sun and then Solstice murders a Future Space Judge so she can be sent to Tekron Galtos with Kid Flash.

Lobdell so salty. It went from being bad to being so dumb that it's kind of great in a train wreck sort of way.

dan2026

Thanks. While I really not like the work of Gran Morrison on Batman, this looks quite amazing and I am would like to try it out just for the art.

Frank Quitely really is a master.

I would say my enjoyment of Sandman was equal to my enjoyment of Nocenti's Catwoman. Take that for what you will

I think I might be one of the few people in the universe who didn't like Sandman much at all.

Thanks. While I really not like the work of Gran Morrison on Batman, this looks quite amazing and I am would like to try it out just for the art.

Unfortunately Quitely only does the fist arc (three issues). The next three issues (which would also be in the trade I assume) is Phillip Tan.

Messi

I am reading Catwoman: Trail of the Catwoman and I am fairly certain this is the best Catwoman/Selina book. Selinas big score was great. Wish I was a bigger fan of the art though. Sometimes it really works but other times it looks really off. It's all downhill from here.

To anyone who bought the Battle of the Atom hc, does it come with a digital code like other Marvel hc's do?

If it does do you want mine? I should have it sometime this week. I don't redeem digital codes.

Edit: ah it doesn't come with one

Catwoman: Wild Ride by Brubaker/Stewart was the best of that run. Part road-trip, part coming of age story, part buddy-crime capper, its just really funny and surprisingly touching.

Only three figures left and I'll have a full Superman and the Legion of Superheroes Heroclix set: Of course it's three of the chases, Servants of the Great Darkness, but shouldn't be too hard to get. Pulled my boy Mon-El.

headshot95

Neo Member
I finished X-Men: Days of Future Past the other day and was a little underwhelmed with it. I think I was just expecting a little more from it, especially since the "present and future" theme was really only two issues.

I don't know, am I missing something here? Maybe it just wasn't for me? What do you guys think of Days of Future past?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So, in Green Arrow
is there any possibility that Olly's dad, Olly, will take over as Green Arrow and the comic will shift to be about him? I know there's a Green Arrow on the JLUnited team who looks like young Olly, though...

tim1138

I am reading Catwoman: Trail of the Catwoman and I am fairly certain this is the best Catwoman/Selina book. Selinas big score was great. Wish I was a bigger fan of the art though. Sometimes it really works but other times it looks really off. It's all downhill from here.

If it does do you want mine? I should have it sometime this week. I don't redeem digital codes.

Edit: ah it doesn't come with one

Thanks for the offer Messi. I was gonna get the hc if it had a code, but since it doesn't I'll stick to the digital edition.

Owzers

Lazarus #6: Lazarus is a little too bleak and sparse for me. I like the main character and concept, but i'm not loving the pacing or how the setting plays out.

Anyone here reading Lazarus? I don't see many comments.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Lazarus #6: Lazarus is a little too bleak and sparse for me. I like the main character and concept, but i'm not loving the pacing or how the setting plays out.

Anyone here reading Lazarus? I don't see many comments.

I picked up the first arc of floppies and dropped it right after for similar reasons. Many of Rucka's stories are the definition of slow-burn, which is not bad when you're invested in the characters and enjoying the tension building up within the created world, but Lazarus just flat out bored me. I didn't latch on to any single character and with the pace being what it is, it became the worst type of comic to keep buying, one where I kept going "it'll get better next issue, I trust Rucka." I wanted to like it, because his Punisher run was fucking great, but just couldn't.

Just read the new Wolverine and the X-Men and I can see how it is not new reader friendly. It depends a lot on the previous storylines of Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine and the X-Men and Battle of the Atom. Without the context new readers wouldn't have a clue who these characters are or their motives.

It's too early to judge but I could see this becoming my favorite x-title.

Toa TAK

Banned
This damn Ultimate Spider-Man #200 Preview has me hyped up probably over nothing.

The only thing that would get me to buy a USM issue again is if they brought back Peter Parker.

Maybe the new series of Miles Morales: USM means there could be a Peter Parker: USM.

I'm probably being too hopeful. :(
You are bro, but it's for the best. :(
Damn. You knew it was going to end up like this, but that's going to be a painful read.
Yup. I wonder how it will be done, though.

Just read the new Wolverine and the X-Men and I can see how it is not new reader friendly. It depends a lot on the previous storylines of Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine and the X-Men and Battle of the Atom. Without the context new readers wouldn't have a clue who these characters are or their motives.

Even something as simple as Legion style,

[NAME]
[POWER]
[ORIGIN]

Text box would do wonders to help,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom