• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2013. Ghosts in friendly, vengeful, and gentlemanly varieties!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
A lot of people recommended Ultimate Spider-Man to me earlier on this page.

Just checking -- I am looking up where to start, and it seems there's a Volume 1 from around 2000-2011. And then a current series starting from 2011.

Which series is the one that everyone says is awesome? Or both?

the first run. i dont care for the pacing on miles morales run.

I'm hearing some interesting theories about Forever Evil 2 about the ending. The person behind the mask not being who we think it is.
Its Clark Kent

Just checking -- I am looking up where to start, and it seems there's a Volume 1 from around 2000-2011. And then a current series starting from 2011.

Usually, everyone jsut means all of it. It's been the same writer the whole way through, relaunches have been after major story events, but it is effectively jsut one long series with two, three mega major new jumping on points.

Yeesh Lemire did not last long on JLD or Constantine did he? I could of sworn he was still on one of those, surprised to see neither.

The first run is god-tier. The second series is less good IMO, but it's still the best of the Ultimate titles by some distance. Be sure to pick up Spider-Men if you're buying this series, a certain scene will hit you right in the gut.

tim1138

Usually, everyone jsut means all of it. It's been the same writer the whole way through, relaunches have been after major story events, but it is effectively jsut one long series with two, three mega major new jumping on points.

Yeesh Lemire did not last long on JLD or Constantine did he? I could of sworn he was still on one of those, surprised to see neither.

Lemire left JLD at the conclusion to Trinity War. I think he just helped Fawkes copilot Constantine in the first few issues.

From which Earth?

I didn't get that much. DC post on Facebook, started reading the comments. People were talking about it. Panel in question is there was a lot of emphasis on the eye. It's a stretch, but when I saw that panel it made me think they wanted you to question who it really was.

Lemire left JLD at the conclusion to Trinity War. I think he just helped Fawkes copilot Constantine in the first few issues.

Not that I'm bothered either way haha, I love his creator owned work, but I tried his Animal Man and was left wanting. I could see myself giving Green Arrow a go but I doubt I'd have picked up Constantine or JLD anyway, just surprised.

Still hurts about Animal Man. Coming off both his and Snyder's creator owned work with fervent love, I expected to enjoy Swamp Thing and LOVE Animal Man. Turned out I lvoed Swampy and couldn't stand Animal Man. It's funny when you see creators sensibilities transfter to the big two ,and how that can lead to unexpected things.

Wow that's incredible. First Lemire Green Arrow trade isn't out until March 2014?

547516_10151873637077488_1471356139_n.jpg

It's just outright trolling at this point, right? RIGHT?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Wow that's incredible. First Lemire Green Arrow trade isn't out until March 2014?

Indeed. Collects 17 to 24, which seems odd if 24 is designed as a great jumping on point. Trade hits 6 months after the final issue it collects.

:(

KePoW

Banned
the first run. i dont care for the pacing on miles morales run.

The first run is god-tier. The second series is less good IMO, but it's still the best of the Ultimate titles by some distance. Be sure to pick up Spider-Men if you're buying this series, a certain scene will hit you right in the gut.

Great, thanks again for the feedback!

Doesn't surprise me. Those books are selling mid to low tier numbers and this is an attempt to get people interested in them. When you break down something like Infinity + Avengers + New Avengers, or Battle of the Atom, how many books are they? Somewhere in the teens? This seems no different.

For what it is worth, I've been getting JLD, Constantine and Pandora, so I guess I'll pick up Phantom Stranger.

Eldren

So many teasers, was this one posted already?

This is probably a new Avengers A.I. story arc, right? I think that's the same creative team. Damn, that's 4 teasers in one day. The Marvel panel at NYCC is gonna be so long if they're going to be talking about all of these new books/stories.

Edit: Wait, never mind. I didn't even notice until BuddyJoe's post down there that each teaser has a time for the reveal.

Edit 2: Oh my god, it's like Francesco Francavilla himself heard me whining about not being able to buy his Breaking Bad pieces and took pity on me, because he's opened them up to worldwide delivery. So I just snapped up these bad boys:

And it only cost me £58 for both pieces and the delivery. Cheers FF!

tim1138

Doesn't surprise me. Those books are selling mid to low tier numbers and this is an attempt to get people interested in them. When you break down something like Infinity + Avengers + New Avengers, or Battle of the Atom, how many books are they? Somewhere in the teens? This seems no different.

For what it is worth, I've been getting JLD, Constantine and Pandora, so I guess I'll pick up Phantom Stranger.

Yeah the only one I'm not buying is Constantine, so I guess I'll pick that up for a few issues. And all two of us reading this mess can discuss it!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
so theres a completed script of nemesis, and has a director attached to it. anyone want to guess how much from the comic made it to the script?

Owzers

Lists! A list of a whole month two months in advance!

DCBS order for december:
Special:
Dead Boy Detective #1
Inhumanity #1
Mind the Gap #16
Saviors #1
maybe Uncanny X-Force Remender Omnibus and Unwritten vol 8 ( might wait for instock trades since uncanny isnt out till March and i hate paying half a year in advance)

non-special:
Hellboy in Hell 5

Batman 26 combo's for the ones available
Forever Evil 4
JL 26
JLoA 10 - probably dropping after forever evil
Sandman Overture 2
Superman Unchained 6
Trillium 5
Wonder Woman 26

Black Science 2
East of West
Fatale
Invincible
Lazarus
Manhattan Projects
Morning Glories
Revival
Saga
Walking Bread
maybe Manhattan Projects t-shirt.

All New X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Avengers, Cap, Daredevil, FF, GotG, Hawkeye, New Avengers, Superior Spidey, Thor, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-men, watxm, x-men, young avengers.

That's a lot of x-titles and i'm not even that big a fan of them.

Possibly skipping Green Lantern books, Parker on Aquaman, Harley Quinn #1, and Justice League 3000 #1, Avengers Annual by Immonen ( Marvel Unlimited will catch it?), and possibly dropping Ind. Hulk after 15/16 since it's the lowest interest on my list,

So I read The Black Mirror tonight and thought it was one of the best Bat story's I've read. They picked a perfect villain for Dick as Batman. Thanks for talking about it all who did.

Vibranium

Banned
Oh man, I'm not sure what to think with "Assassin", the steel coloured font suggests it might be more Winter Soldier than Elektra or Black Widow (cool with either of these three or something new that's neat)...

STOP MESSING WITH ME MARVEL, I MUST KNOW WHAT THIS IS!

Bucky HAS to be one of these things. I'm thinking Winter Soldier is Hunted, while his girl Black Widow is Atonement. Same writer, too, so it'd be cool to have them lined up with each other, but in their own books with their own stories.

Vibranium

Banned
Bucky HAS to be one of these things. I'm thinking Winter Soldier is Hunted, while his girl Black Widow is Atonement. Same writer, too, so it'd be cool to have them lined up with each other, but in their own books with their own stories.

I'm totally down with that, I want Nat to hurry up and get her memories back though, she doesn't have to be Bucky's romantic interest if they don't want it but at I'd least like them to know each other again. If Wells or Edmonson are doing WS I'm writing in to tell one of them to fix that horrible Brubaker brainwashing mistake (Spencer might do me a favour in Secret Avengers and do that though).

Looks like Iron Fist's colors, or alternatively Vision.:3

Iron Fist or Vision is a Day 1 pickup for me for sure.

kswiston

I have next Friday off, so I guess I am catching up on NYCC news. I finally was starting to whittle down my Marvel list, and now it looks like they will be mixing things up again.

I agree with the general sentiment that Battle of the Atom was a bit of a letdown this week. Hopefully it doesn't Sputter out near the end like some of Bendis' past events.

As for 3D covers. I was not part of the problem. Skipped all of those one-shots and resumed with Forever Evil this week. If it turns out that a few of the issues were important for stories I want to follow, I'll grab them when they are cheaper in November. September will forever be a gimmick month if we keep rewarding it with huge sales. Soon Marvel will be interrupting every story in their entire line again with gimmick months like the Nuff Said and -1 issues they have done in the past (this time with fancy covers) and we will all be worse off.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I read The Black Mirror tonight and thought it was one of the best Bat story's I've read. They picked a perfect villain for Dick as Batman. Thanks for talking about it all who did.

It really is great. I'm glad you got to enjoy it, it really is the best story with Dick as Batman. None of the others compare.

I agree with the general sentiment that Battle of the Atom was a bit of a letdown next week. Hopefully it doesn't Sputter out near the end like some of Bendis' past events.

Considering I've seen people complain, at times on this forum, that they were confused by the events in the most recent chapter I can see the logic in making it the way they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom