• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

Topher

Gold Member
92a607.jpg
92a67p.jpg

Aenima

There's no way this is coming back. No fucking way. They'll bury it.

Never seen something like this occur in all my years gaming
The only thing they can do if they already have single player campaign work done, is to finish that, release the game as a single player campaign game and dont worry about server maintnance and updates.

At the end of the day i just hope Concord serves as a lesson of what not to do for other devs trying to make AAA games for modern audiences. They are niche and only indies funded by governament will survive that.

Hudo

Can we stop giving this son of a bitch a platform? The guy is only interested in farming industry drama to get clicks and to sell his (badly written) books. How he achieved to be some sort of "journalistic authority" is far beyond me.
And people still listen to what this asshole has to say.

Ironic how he screams about "anti-woke people", while knowing fully well how this will just stir the pot.

cireza

Gold Member
Honestly disappointed that they didn't continue rushing into the wall for a longer period.

Hopefully they make up for this with more GaaS.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The fact that SONY tried to turn fucking Naughty Dog, of all studios, into a generic live service factory machine says it all.

I really couldn't be any happier with this floppage. I hope it hurt their pockets and ego. Big stupid corporate heads running a gaming company with no care in the world for gamers wants.

No showcases, no game announcements, just blog posts and GAAS trash. Fuck you, give me my money back. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I feel bad for the devs themselves but this had to flop for the greater good. Hopefully they rebound nicely at another studio.

Full refunds for all platforms!? A game so bad that it being in the public domain is causing reputational damage to the point where Sony of all companies are happy to refund it?

Wow.

This is hilarious and hopefully humbling for Sony in terms of what players want. What a massive miss step.
Is massive a big enough word?

Scrub them pronouns off and rework them character designs before they launch f2p
They should bring new characters instead, and roll out the old characters with good designs later. Make it like some fuck up happened in the original game where they destroyed the timeline or something and the old "heroes" got separated in this new universe à la to what Square did with FF14 1.0.

I think Sony wants people to forget this game existed. Something that performed this badly was negatively affecting the entire gaming division.
They need to fire the design team at Firewalk and give the rest a chance to work on a single player title.......or merge the remaining devs into PS Studios

Sanepar

Lol Sony is so fucked on long term. Keep not making showcases and bringing crap woke culture products your fate will be glorious. Hope they close this factory of woke culture called Firewalk.

Top Bottom