• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

Topher

Gold Member
They don't know....

lDWo1Wg.png

the captain GIF

Xtib81

Fire everyone who greenlit this business model. 60%. 60 fucking percent on GaaS failures like Concord, Factions, Marathon (yes its in way worse shape than anyone thinks), the other ex-treyarch/bungie studio game that was cancelled, and god knows what else. Only helldivers 2 has been a success and thats not even a GaaS game. Just a mp game by people who wanted to simply make Helldivers 1 in third person.

i-worry-people-are-misunderstanding-sonys-plan-for-future-v0-i921qt30aacb1.jpg

Fire Herman. Fire every exec who had anything to do with this. Invest all of that money back into GG, ND, INsomniac, SSM, SP, Bend and Media Molecule. Have them make games they are good at. GaaS is a crap shoot. you cant predict what game will go viral. You cant predict anything in this industry but you can predict good studios making games they are good at. And single player games selling well. because well, playstation gamers play more single player games than multiplayer games. its really that simple.

I had big hopes for Herman at the head of PS considering the success of GG over the last decade but this guy is clearly clueless. That's almost an entire generation wasted by Sony.

Last edited:

Aenima

Realistically only the bottom 3 actually contributed to the game’s abject failure.
I agree that to the masses being woke dont make much of a diference if the game was good. Like Spider Man 2. But it all adds up to get bad press from youtubers and influencers.

DryvBy

You forgot just releasing in a saturated market already.
That can't even be true. Switch directs are 99% JRPGs that mostly look the same. Saturation isn't even touching this since we have indie companies also selling generic shooters that are more successful. There's only a handful of these shooters out there.

COD sold us a $70 DLC last month as a full game and it still sold.

SushiReese

What would happen on that Secret Level's single episode wholly dedicated to Concord on Amazon?
It must have been finished in production.

I agree with everything you said, but I think it all depends on if the average employee is like the Professor.

If they are, the studio is just rotten to the core and they would be valuable as a support studio at best.

In my experience, the perfectly competent, hard working people far outnumber the Professors at a studio. The problems is that the Professors tend to claw their way into positions of influence. 🤔

Killjoy-NL

U were the gaffer claiming game is fine beside being woke, bro, come on, even sony noticed how bad it is and killed it literally 10days after launch, just eat ur crow :p
All I said was that the core gameplay was solid.

Other than that, I agreed with pretty much everything people complained about.
People need to pay attention to what's actually being said.😉

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
That can't even be true. Switch directs are 99% JRPGs that mostly look the same. Saturation isn't even touching this since we have indie companies also selling generic shooters that are more successful. There's only a handful of these shooters out there.

COD sold us a $70 DLC last month as a full game and it still sold.
I mean as GAAS. Especially when your game is an Overwatch copy.

Wow. I did not see this coming. I swore Sony was going to commit to this game.

Maybe this is the beginning of the Sony re-direction. They cancelled Factions 2. This game bombed. Foamstars bombed. I expect Fairgames will be cancelled. Bungie is in disarray. Maybe Sony will move their headquarters back to Japan after all this trash is over with and put Japan back in control of this Japanese company.

Zacfoldor

Realistically only the bottom 3 actually contributed to the game’s abject failure.
I don't disagree...not sure I agree either...but let's see how long it is before Sony release another pronoun game. I bet they won't take the chance for a while.

Urban

Bet they will relaunch it as F2P in 6-8 months from now.
Game is trash anyway. What was that character design?

Tomi

JESUS :O
is this biggest failure ever for Sony and studio?
And ever ever?
Time to change business strategy ASAP and invest everything in Sp games

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

This is kinda lame I won’t even lie I had some fun matches last night tbh.
I think the worst part about all of this is how close they were, but still so far. Some people were still able to find fun in it, and that's great. I'm glad, honestly, for fans and the devs. But it just wasn't enough. Just more of the same with a higher production value, rather than anything really new or innovative.

PeteBull

Gold Member
All I said was that the core gameplay was solid.

Other than that, I agreed with pretty much everything.
People need to pay attention to what's actually being said.😉
U were arguing hard that game has more players on playstation, that queues are fast etc , come on, bomb is a bomb, when sony themself pull the cord 10days after launch u got no room for defending that bug sandwitch ;p

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Good.

Let this be a lesson to all those who run a business...

STOP. CHASING. TRENDS.

Cater to your target audience.

Its ok to experiment with new games and ideas, but this was a New IP only in name - We have played this game a million times already, for free, under a different name.

Go back to single player games.

12 fucking live services, you must be out of your fucking mind, Jim. LMAO

Last edited:

SSfox

Not to be the "I told you so" but many times I warned people specially PlayStation fans about Hermen Hulst and his ultra shitty gaming tastes.

Killjoy-NL

U were arguing hard that game has more players on playstation, that queues are fast etc , come on, bomb is a bomb, when sony themself pull the cord 10days after launch u got no room for defending that bug sandwitch ;p
If you read back what I said, nothing was incorrect, not even the queue times at the time of writing.

Find one post of me saying the game was amazing or doing fine.

Top Bottom