• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
It really does feel like the tide is turning - quickly and noticeably now. I'd wager it started with the Gamergate 2.0 stuff in earnest, but it's like the wide majority of people have realized if they stop buying shit, they'll stop making shit. It's like a wave of cultural awareness.

th4tguy

If they had announced the game earlier, there would have actually been time to react to customer feedback. Improve on the dull hero designs and come up with something actually exciting about the game to get users interested.

Interfectum

Gold Member
How I Met Your Mother Mood GIF by JustViral.Net

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Bro seriously thinks Firewalk will be around to make another game

I seriously doubt Sony will be willing to drop one more cent into this.
Yeah, this does not bode well for the studio at all. Game was out on the market for less than 2 weeks. The magnitude of this fuck up will last for years to come.

BIG, BIGG, BIGGGG W for players and the games industry as a whole. MASSIVELY DEVASTATING L for Playstation and Sony.

HOLY SHIT! Did NOT see this coming at all but as a Playstation fan, I could not be happier.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Was wild that they didn't delay the game after the beta and retool it.

They probably thought they could weather the storm before going free to play, but given the slow adoption, it makes sense to just refund the people who bought it, retool, and go F2P in a month or so.
The game is dead. If they were planning anything they would have shared it.

Damn, Sony can move fast when they want too!
Curious to know what the people at CD projeckt will feel about this. Sony was unhappy with them refunding Cyberpunk but they are doing the same thing.

Rudius

Not that I wan't this woke gaas to succeed, far from that, but they should have given the refund and made it free to play immediately.

Oversaturate, meanwhile Deadlock and Marvel Rivals ...

And both of those games are pretty diverse too, let alone games like VALORANT, Apex Legends & Overwatch.

Schreier just doesn't want to admit that most of the backlash against Concord isn't due to diversity; it's due to the game having no hook and mediocre character designs. But admitting that would mean admitting maybe most gamers aren't istaphobes after all.

What about people who bought the game physically?

Hold on to them as future collectors items. If it's anything like E.T, those copies are gonna be worth a fortune maybe 10 years from now.

Last edited:

Jimmy_liv

I've never played it but isnt it just a shite overwatch clone that nobody asked for?

Or is it something else and the marketing so bad that my perception of it is wrong?

FUBARx89

Damn, Sony can move fast when they want too!
Curious to know what the people at CD projeckt will feel about this. Sony was unhappy with them refunding Cyberpunk but they are doing the same thing.

Didn't CDPR blindside Sony with the refunds?

Not like it will cost anywhere near as much for Concord refunds vs CP2077 either.

Jaybe

This is the first necessary step if they want to have any chance at salvaging this game.

What they need to do next:

Learn how to take criticism. Redesign their characters and fix pretty much everything that people didn't like.
Release a proper "We know we fucked up, please give us another chance" statement.
Make the game F2P, though they'll still get flak for that.
Probably still fail because of the extremely stupid shit some members of their dev team decided to post online.

The Concord brand has too much shit stuck to it. It’s over. Sony may pluck the best developers to join another studio, but I think Firewalk is done. Possibly this month.

Klosshufvud

The only sensible thing to do is to close down yet another Japanese studio. Sony fanboys told me their western studios can do no wrong.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Other retailer refunds – For customers who have purchased a physical copy at a retailer location outside of PlayStation directly, please refer to the refund process of the retailer you purchased it from to obtain your refund.

Once refunded, players will no longer have access to the game.
I don't think store will take back opened games.

Cyberpunkd

All politics and complaints aside, it really would suck to work on something for a long time and then have it do so poorly that it literally gets refunded and pulled from stores within weeks of release.

I’ll pour one out for the homies, even if a lot of bad decisions were made, plenty of people gave it their best along the way and they are having a rough time.
If only people working on this were adults capable of voicing their opinions…

Angel Fx GIF by Mayans M.C.

peish

hehehe

How much did sony lost with this deal?

Arrogant sony is back, SOP response to concord was terrible, yet sony thought the modern audience will see this through

Top Bottom